#2 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,415 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:54 PM

To get this started, it is 5-6 days before the start of the season and.............................Spurs have not signed ANYONE! They are running a surplus in the transfer windows for the past 5 years, something absolutely unheard of in EPL football. 

I think Levy totally screwed this team from at least one title for being such a tight ass. Not sure, but i see us struggling to compete for a top 4 spot this year, a lot of our regulars are already 30ish, it won't be easy. 

#3 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:24 AM

As a Liverpool fan I am confident and excited going in to this season.

More importantly, can't we have another fantasy football tycoon league?! Mike?!

#4 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Man U
4. Spurs
(Although I hope 3 and 4 are reversed. Man U have a lot of good players, despite Jose's nonsense. And clearly Spurs have an excellent team, but if they get a couple of crucial injuries their squad could be exposed.)
5. Arsenal
6. someone
7. Chelsea. ..or lower.
Some players wanting to leave, Sarri hasn't been there long enough, there's so many players for him to get to know. Kovacic is coming in, him and Jorginho and Kante is a powerful sounding midfield. If only they had a good striker, and defence! I feel sorry for Loftus Cheek though, back to Palace for him?!

#5 YoungFisch

YoungFisch

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:08 AM

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Man U
4. Spurs
(Although I hope 3 and 4 are reversed. Man U have a lot of good players, despite Jose's nonsense. And clearly Spurs have an excellent team, but if they get a couple of crucial injuries their squad could be exposed.)
5. Arsenal
6. someone
7. Chelsea. ..or lower.
Some players wanting to leave, Sarri hasn't been there long enough, there's so many players for him to get to know. Kovacic is coming in, him and Jorginho and Kante is a powerful sounding midfield. If only they had a good striker, and defence! I feel sorry for Loftus Cheek though, back to Palace for him?!

Definitely don't see Liverpool winning the title, wouldn't be extremely shocked but I expect City to finish above them, they are better by a good margin at the moment. Between United and Liverpool I would have to favor Liverpool in terms of quality, but Liverpool has shown to be inconsistent under Klopp, losing or drawing games they should be winning, Mourinho has shown to be more consistent at the very least, and knows how to get results. I agree Arsenal will finish outside of the top four, but also think Chelsea will finish above them, Arsenal's defense is simply far too weak, and wit the high pressing game Emery wants to use, that will be exposed. I say this as an Arsenal fan- Sokratis and Mustafi do not make the cut. The bright spot for Arsenal are the signings of Torreira and Guendozi, who could fix some of Arsenal's long standing midfield issues. However neither of them truly protect the back line, which imo Arsenal need. West Ham have made some decent signings, and while I see them no where near the top six, they could place between 8-12 imo.

15159157921515632355Logo.png

#6 kobe.monteclaro

kobe.monteclaro

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:47 AM

Visca el Barça

#7 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,415 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:23 PM

Fucking Spurs did not buy anyone, the first time in the EPL for the past 15 years. I am slightly optimistic though because we have several players back, last year we played most of the year with key injuries to Kane, Toby, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Winks, Lamela and Moura joined mid season, i think he will be better this year. That said, if we are hit with those type of injures again, we will struggle to make top 4.

We also failed in 3 major area's, #1 we failed to keep our youth (2 of our best prospects left on the minimum to EU teams) and we failed to renew contracts to Toby, Dembele. We could of sold both this summer for a joint 65-70m and by next summer we will make under 25m due to their clauses. We also failed to offload players who are either getting old or simply do cut it or are not happy (namely Nkodou, Llorente, Sissoko, Toby, Rose, Dembele, Jansen etc). It was a bad summer for us, Levy should of done better after Pouche showed loyalty and with the new stadium coming up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users