Aspire Island - Official Thread

AdamHolland

http://oi1290.photobucket.com/albums/b522/TJMitchell/Aspire%20Island%20Logo_zpszaegcabu.png

The Bad News:
It is with great sadness that I'm here to inform you all that we have made the difficult decision to cease operations of the Aspire Island organisation as part of the current Island season.

When we set out to create and Island org, we did not do so to make money, we did so simply to expand the pool of managers who had direct experience with the kind of operation we run at Aspire MMA, essentially we hoped we could encourage people outside of the 275k+ ID range to take a look at us and we would have an opportunity to show them how we do things, introduce them to our team and generally give everyone who had not met us yet an incentive to pickup a 275k+ ID fighter and come on over to Aspire MMA once the season was done.

We never had any view to continuing the org after the season, we just wanted to essentially use it as a calling card, for that we had to maintain a standard of quality mirroring what we believe we provide at Aspire MMA and everyone who was part of our team going into this understood that, as such we went ahead and promoted the organisation and encouraged many of you to create fighters for this season in good faith, excitement around the project was high and I was happy with how things looked, however, real life struck at the most inopportune time and JB90 was forced to take a break to deal with a serious real-life medical situation within his family, this ordinarily would not of been a problem except for the fact Jackie Steve (formerly Jack Hendry) who was assigned to handle the day-to-day tasks also had a real life situation come up for him and as a result I began to try and run the organisation via a proxy, in this case, Tom Bickle.

To clarify when I say "proxy" I do not mean some internet jargon, I literally mean Tom was hired and I directed him on what he should and should not be doing as best I could.
Tom would paste me results, organisation information from in-game and I would do my best to make decision's under a certain "fog of war" so to speak to keep the boat floating but as every day went by I just felt that the experience I was looking to offer the managers was been completely unfulfilled and at this point I have made the unfortunate decision to put an end to this little project. I assume full and total responsibility for the failing of Aspire Island and I hope the community, particularly ones who made fighters specifically for us will find a way to forgive me going forward.

The Good News:
We have decided in an attempt to make-good with the managers of Aspire Island that we will send out over the next few day's $1000 / $1 / $1 deals to everyone on the roster, they will include 1 day inactivity clauses that will allow all of our roster members to leave the company the very next day with a cool thousand pounds in their pockets for help with training costs and I'm more than certain great organisation's such as ISLAND FC operated by the seasoned Island promoter Jay Tycoon and Ghosthouse operated by 7th Circle's Tim Qwe and up-coming manager Scotty JoeC is said to be doing a fantastic job over at The Island Title, I'm sure they will all be more than pleased to sign any fighter looking to continue his Island adventure.

TL;DR:
I'm sorry guys.

• Upvote 4

http://oi1290.photobucket.com/albums/b522/TJMitchell/Aspire%20Island%20Logo_zpszaegcabu.png

Aspire Island

The Bad News:

It is with great sadness that I'm here to inform you all that we have made the difficult decision to cease operations of the Aspire Island organisation as part of the current Island season.

When we set out to create and Island org, we did not do so to make money, we did so simply to expand the pool of managers who had direct experience with the kind of operation we run at Aspire MMA, essentially we hoped we could encourage people outside of the 275k+ ID range to take a look at us and we would have an opportunity to show them how we do things, introduce them to our team and generally give everyone who had not met us yet an incentive to pickup a 275k+ ID fighter and come on over to Aspire MMA once the season was done.

We never had any view to continuing the org after the season, we just wanted to essentially use it as a calling card, for that we had to maintain a standard of quality mirroring what we believe we provide at Aspire MMA and everyone who was part of our team going into this understood that, as such we went ahead and promoted the organisation and encouraged many of you to create fighters for this season in good faith, excitement around the project was high and I was happy with how things looked, however, real life struck at the most inopportune time and JB90 was forced to take a break to deal with a serious real-life medical situation within his family, this ordinarily would not of been a problem except for the fact Jackie Steve (formerly Jack Hendry) who was assigned to handle the day-to-day tasks also had a real life situation come up for him and as a result I began to try and run the organisation via a proxy, in this case, Tom Bickle.

To clarify when I say "proxy" I do not mean some internet jargon, I literally mean Tom was hired and I directed him on what he should and should not be doing as best I could.

Tom would paste me results, organisation information from in-game and I would do my best to make decision's under a certain "fog of war" so to speak to keep the boat floating but as every day went by I just felt that the experience I was looking to offer the managers was been completely unfulfilled and at this point I have made the unfortunate decision to put an end to this little project. I assume full and total responsibility for the failing of Aspire Island and I hope the community, particularly ones who made fighters specifically for us will find a way to forgive me going forward.

The Good News:

We have decided in an attempt to make-good with the managers of Aspire Island that we will send out over the next few day's $1000 / $1 / $1 deals to everyone on the roster, they will include 1 day inactivity clauses that will allow all of our roster members to leave the company the very next day with a cool thousand pounds in their pockets for help with training costs and I'm more than certain great organisation's such as ISLAND FC operated by the seasoned Island promoter Jay Tycoon and Ghosthouse operated by 7th Circle's Tim Qwe and up-coming manager Scotty JoeC is said to be doing a fantastic job over at The Island Title, I'm sure they will all be more than pleased to sign any fighter looking to continue his Island adventure.

TL;DR:

I'm sorry guys.

I'll hang around until my fights are done I won't leave a moment before?

If I could I would help but sadly we can only be hired by 1 company?

It's all good. Thankfully, nobody's fighter got wasted or anything. In fact, they got some nice quick fights at good pay. Giving them a $1000 bonus to go is a good idea too :)

I'm sure the other orgs will be more than happy to pick up the slack :)

You bet, with 4 mma orgs, one was bound to fall. It's a sad thing to see Aspire go, but at least it saves someone else some wasted time.
  • Upvote 3

As I said in our private mail.. Sorry the org didn't work out. Hope the RL problems come good for everyone, and I think you made the best of the situation.

Additionally, you paid us all a bonus and got it sorted quickly to free our fighters. We couldn't ask for more. It happens. The nightmare is when exactly this happens and the org goes quiet and delays release. To further sweeten it, the cash payment is a generous gesture. If you try again next time, I'd have no hesitation to sign to your org again.

• Upvote 1

As I said in our private mail.. Sorry the org didn't work out. Hope the RL problems come good for everyone, and I think you made the best of the situation.

Additionally, you paid us all a bonus and got it sorted quickly to free our fighters. We couldn't ask for more. It happens. The nightmare is when exactly this happens and the org goes quiet and delays release. To further sweeten it, the cash payment is a generous gesture. If you try again next time, I'd have no hesitation to sign to your org again.

Agree 1000000%

• Upvote 1

I think we could easily merge into just 2 orgs for the Island. Right now a lot of the orgs have 1, maybe 2 weight classes with enough fighters to last a season. The only org that really filled up its ranks is TIT , looking solid.

My $0.02

And yeah no QFC's on the island, looking pretty empty. I got 3 spots still empty and not pulling the trigger on more island fighters as I had originally planned.

Sadly despite our best efforts, some fighters were unable to claim their re-negotiated severance pay contracts as the organization was prematurely closed by JB90 yesterday, if you are affected by this I want you to contact me directly in-game via mail and I will seek to make good with you on an individual basis. As a result of this entire situation JB90 has been removed from our alliance and all previous financial commitments to him repaid in full, we look to bring a closure to this ill-fated project with a satisfactory outcome for all managers who were involved, I made a commitment to you in regards to severance pay and I still intend to honour that regardless of this minor bump in the road, so go ahead and contact me directly.

For the many fighters who received and accepted the re-negotiation payments, I thank you for the understanding and patience you showed us and wish you well as you continue your Island adventures.

• Upvote 1

Sadly despite our best efforts, some fighters were unable to claim their re-negotiated severance pay contracts as the organization was prematurely closed by JB90 yesterday, if you are affected by this I want you to contact me directly in-game via mail and I will seek to make good with you on an individual basis. As a result of this entire situation JB90 has been removed from our alliance and all previous financial commitments to him repaid in full, we look to bring a closure to this ill-fated project with a satisfactory outcome for all managers who were involved, I made a commitment to you in regards to severance pay and I still intend to honour that regardless of this minor bump in the road, so go ahead and contact me directly.

For the many fighters who received and accepted the re-negotiation payments, I thank you for the understanding and patience you showed us and wish you well as you continue your Island adventures.

Speaking for myself I'm fine with it? I'm all good I got a contract within hours of closing so it's all good?

• Upvote 2