Petition: Nerf Fighter Hype Glitch

Rambo

Petition: Nerf Fighter Hype Glitch  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the fighter's hype be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How low should he go?

• 2000 P4P
    • 5000 P4P (he is 2-0)
    • 9999 P4P (punishment for blatant abuse)

24 minutes ago, thb said:

It’s not the point I’m trying to make but sure, I’ll bite. I’m not here to defend the quality of Bjorn’s work. There are some articles that probably shouldn’t have been published but I’m not here to judge. That being said, I will admit that I like some of those articles. It brings some diversity and continuity to the Times and some light entertainment. I’d also argue that sometimes less is more. Bill Goldberg matches are a perfect example of that. The shorter the match, the more enjoyable it is to watch. And those short matches do have entertainment value. But that’s just my opinion and as I said, it’s not the point I’m trying to make here.

You’re trying to put words into my mouth again, you really shouldn't do that. I’m not pointing fingers at anyone.

The bonus you get for publishing an article is an incentive to try to get people to write more and be more involved in the game, which will hopefully improve their in-game experience. Which is why I would honestly like more people to give this a shot. Benefitting from that system is not wrong. You yourself are one of the many people who have benefitted from that system. Saying he’s abusing the system and needs to be punished because he’s done it more often than you have, is not a valid argument.

I'm not even saying the articles shouldn't be published, I'm pointing out they were published as Fighter Profiles, to receive +10 fighter hype, instead of editorials. There is a difference.

You still receive spin & win credits and small in game cash for editorials (all articles) you just don't receive +10 fighter hype. For event previews/reviews the org is supposed to receive a small bonus.

He knows this. Has known it for years. Hence, "abusing the system" when he does it 23+ times and takes an inactive fighter up to 250 P4P. It's pretty simple really.

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, MasterLeader said:

1) Remove Tycoon Times’ impact on P4P
2) Minimum 100 word count on articles for pop boost
3) If you’re found guilty of abusing this (ie writing waffly spam then you take a popularity hit instead)

This is the easy solution, i think #1 and #2 is 100% necessary

Guys, this is such a BS argument for BOTH sides.  

This feature of the game should not be nerfed, just adjusted.  It's one of the very few awards we have as managers for our fighters/selves.  Do not nerf or take that away.  With that being said...

I absolutely agree that it has been abused by said user.  I like Bjorn, have defended him frequently.  I do not think he did anything wrong by submitting articles.  I do, however, think that several of his articles should NOT have been published in the first place.

The real solution here is on the editorial staff.  There should be minimum requirements for articles.  100 word minimum I'm ok with, but these articles should be proof read by the editorial staff and then judged rather or not the quality of the content itself is worth publishing.

Now, if we really want to fix this, more managers should write up articles.  If we have more articles being submitted to Tycoon Times, then they can choose the 10 best (or w/e the number is) and Bjorn's shit articles wouldn't even have a shot at being selected.  But instead of us writing, we would rather bitch about one of the few managers that actually DO write and attempt to have the whole thing shut down which actually hurts all of us managers who do use it properly.  

I have submitted several articles for the hype boost, but never more than once per fighter.  I think there should be a limit to this, as stated above.  Maybe even limiting how many articles can be submitted for any given fighter per calendar year/month.  I don't think the P4P should be effected by the article, but by the hype level.  So not sure how you can give a hype bonus to a fighter w/o it effecting P4P, but again.. if a scrub is higher P4P rated than he should be, just go kick his ass and steal his hype.  

We are literally sitting here asking to take a means of hyping up fighters out of the game.  That hurts all of our fighters as that hype will be taken from him as he's not going to go undefeated, and then will help someone else hype up while sending him back down to where he belongs.

I just don't understand some of the views on this, while others I completely agree with.  We definitely need to see something happen here, but don't take this feature away.  Let's just actually govern it like a real editorial staff would.

I will volunteer to join the staff and help proof read these articles if they want, that's fine by me.  But I love that I can write an article for the org, or for a fighter, to help them hype up a little.  It's a nice reward for getting involved and giving character/flavor to a fighter.  Let's not take that away or nerf that, but for sure lets find a way to set a guideline to be followed to prevent this sort of thing moving forward.

Don't nerf Paddy, just someone kick his ass and take his hype.  And if you don't agree with an org owner catering to him (which I wouldn't) then leave the org and he'll have a hell of a time finding a new home with that reputation.

Ok.. I'm done.. I think.

Sorry for the rant.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

This feature of the game should not be adjusted.  It's one of the very few awards we have as managers for our fighters/selves.  Do not nerf or take that away.  With that being said...

I absolutely agree that it has been abused by said user.  I like Bjorn, have defended him frequently.  I do not think he did anything wrong by submitting articles.  I do, however, think that several of his articles should NOT have been published in the first place.

The real solution here is on the editorial staff.  There should be minimum requirements for articles.  100 word minimum I'm ok with, but these articles should be proof read by the editorial staff and then judged rather or not the quality of the content itself is worth publishing.

Now, if we really want to fix this, more managers should write up articles.  If we have more articles being submitted to Tycoon Times, then they can choose the 10 best (or w/e the number is) and Bjorn's shit articles wouldn't even have a shot at being selected.  But instead of us writing, we would rather bitch about one of the few managers that actually DO write and attempt to have the whole thing shut down which actually hurts all of us managers who do use it properly.  

I have submitted several articles for the hype boost, but never more than once per fighter.  I think there should be a limit to this, as stated above.  Maybe even limiting how many articles can be submitted for any given fighter per calendar year/month.  I don't think the P4P should be effected by the article, but by the hype level.  So not sure how you can give a hype bonus to a fighter w/o it effecting P4P, but again.. if a scrub is higher P4P rated than he should be, just go kick his ass and steal his hype.  

We are literally sitting here asking to take a means of hyping up fighters out of the game.  That hurts all of our fighters as that hype will be taken from him as he's not going to go undefeated, and then will help someone else hype up while sending him back down to where he belongs.

I just don't understand some of the views on this, while others I completely agree with.  We definitely need to see something happen here, but don't take this feature away.  Let's just actually govern it like a real editorial staff would.

I will volunteer to join the staff and help proof read these articles if they want, that's fine by me.  But I love that I can write an article for the org, or for a fighter, to help them hype up a little.  It's a nice reward for getting involved and giving character/flavor to a fighter.  Let's not take that away or nerf that, but for sure lets find a way to set a guideline to be followed to prevent this sort of thing moving forward.

Don't nerf Paddy, just someone kick his ass and take his hype.  And if you don't agree with an org owner catering to him (which I wouldn't) then leave the org and he'll have a hell of a time finding a new home with that reputation.

Ok.. I'm done.. I think.

Sorry for the rant.  

I agree with this guy 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rambo said:

I'm not even saying the articles shouldn't be published, I'm pointing out they were published as Fighter Profiles, to receive +10 fighter hype, instead of editorials. There is a difference.

You still receive spin & win credits and small in game cash for editorials (all articles) you just don't receive +10 fighter hype. For event previews/reviews the org is supposed to receive a small bonus.

He knows this. Has known it for years. Hence, "abusing the system" when he does it 23+ times and takes an inactive fighter up to 250 P4P. It's pretty simple really.

I do agree with this, though.  Being published as an editorial would be fine for those.  But again, if the editorial staff would enforce this, problem fixed.

1 hour ago, Bleakardor said:

This feature of the game should not be nerfed, just adjusted.  It's one of the very few awards we have as managers for our fighters/selves.  Do not nerf or take that away.  With that being said...

Ok.. I'm done.. I think.

Sorry for the rant.  

Allow me to disagree with you on one little thing. Should someone take the time and effort to write a good article about his fighter every single week for months in a row, I do believe that person should still be rewarded with a publication, and the benefits that come with it, every single week. Quality should prevail. The reason for this being my personal belief that hard work should always be rewarded.

Apart from that, yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Definitely agree with everything else you’ve written. Great job of writing this all down. Hats off to you, sir.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Ok.. I'm done.. I think.

Sorry for the rant.  

Sorry but giving control of the Hype to an org owner is an even worst idea.

Skenoj has promised to be more careful and to make it fair so we are ok and will see what happens. 

we all agree Paddy should not be nerfed so there is that too. 

there is no easy solution, you seemed stressed, go smoke a joint man. 

• Downvote 6

Can't argue that, I suppose.  I personally love the hype bonus, pop is extremely easy to get, but hype you're limited to beating higher hyped guys for the most part.  But, again, shouldn't be able to climb that high in the P4P rankings just from writing articles.  

1 hour ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Sorry but giving control of the Hype to an org owner is an even worst idea.

Skenoj has promised to be more careful and to make it fair so we are ok and will see what happens. 

we all agree Paddy should not be nerfed so there is that too. 

there is no easy solution, you seemed stressed, go smoke a joint man. 

eh, giving control of Hype to an org owner?  I assume this is from another persons mouth and not what you quoted?  Because I have more problems than smoking weed if I said that and not only don't remember, but can't find it anywhere.  You really aren't that bad at trolling, you should go sit in Orgrimmar chat in WoW.  You'd be hooked.

1 hour ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

I would have camped your corpse in Lv 1 areas all day everyday :) 

Funny story: a guy I used to train with and myself started talking about WoW after training one day, and discovered we'd played on the same server. He was alliance and I was horde, but some of our common friends played alliance on the same server. I didn't think much of it until later that night, when I got Vietnam flashbacks from one of them bringing a level 60 warrior owned by a guy with the same name as this guy to corpse camp me for an hour and a half in the Barrens. The next day I asked him if his toon had been named X and he confirmed it.

He spent the better part of 20 minutes under knee on belly that session.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Can't argue that, I suppose.  I personally love the hype bonus, pop is extremely easy to get, but hype you're limited to beating higher hyped guys for the most part.  But, again, shouldn't be able to climb that high in the P4P rankings just from writing articles.  

shouldn't be climbing p4p ranks at all by writing. you want to climb fighter ranks, you fight. common sense in a fighting sim.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mannetosen said:

Funny story: a guy I used to train with and myself started talking about WoW after training one day, and discovered we'd played on the same server. He was alliance and I was horde, but some of our common friends played alliance on the same server. I didn't think much of it until later that night, when I got Vietnam flashbacks from one of them bringing a level 60 warrior owned by a guy with the same name as this guy to corpse camp me for an hour and a half in the Barrens. The next day I asked him if his toon had been named X and he confirmed it.

He spent the better part of 20 minutes under knee on belly that session.

Fk'n hilarious!

On 3/4/2021 at 10:28 PM, Rambo said:

shouldn't be climbing p4p ranks at all by writing. you want to climb fighter ranks, you fight. common sense in a fighting sim.

This is my opinion as well. Frankly speaking, i did not even know there was another way climb fighter rankings. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My personal opinion on the matter at hand is I could care less if someone wants to go through all that work just to get to 250 P4P...

Why you ask?

Because anyone with a brain knows it's not legit, it's not like the fighter is on ESPN hogging all the glory because this is a game and when it the time comes you have to fight and if the fighter is full of fake hype then that's just more hype for the one who exposes him and more importantly, it's still gonna come down to winning big fights in the end.

But on the topic of altering how it works. You would think it would be a Popularity boost not a Hype boost. That makes much more sense in my opinion... Also a 100 word count limit is a good idea not just to solve the problem of one liners to get hype but also to uphold some sort of standard for what is supposed to be the literary media of MMATycoon. 100 words or even just characters is nothing but at least would require some sort of effort on a writer's part.

Also gotta love Mike's response... Funny how his opinion just so happens to be side with him not having to do anything. Setting a 100 word or character limit on articles is way too much coding after all... /s

Seriously tho, hope everyone is doing well... Stop sweating the small stuff.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, KingEpicity said:

My personal opinion on the matter at hand is I could care less if someone wants to go through all that work just to get to 250 P4P...

Why you ask?

Because anyone with a brain knows it's not legit, it's not like the fighter is on ESPN hogging all the glory because this is a game and when it the time comes you have to fight and if the fighter is full of fake hype then that's just more hype for the one who exposes him and more importantly, it's still gonna come down to winning big fights in the end.

But on the topic of altering how it works. You would think it would be a Popularity boost not a Hype boost. That makes much more sense in my opinion... Also a 100 word count limit is a good idea not just to solve the problem of one liners to get hype but also to uphold some sort of standard for what is supposed to be the literary media of MMATycoon. 100 words or even just characters is nothing but at least would require some sort of effort on a writer's part.

Also gotta love Mike's response... Funny how his opinion just so happens to be side with him not having to do anything. Setting a 100 word or character limit on articles is way too much coding after all... /s

Seriously tho, hope everyone is doing well... Stop sweating the small stuff.

Yeah man popularity boost not hype boost. Still impacts org rankings within weight classes, but not P4P (if that makes sense). Minimum word count is just common sense really. To give you an idea this post is 45 words and I’ve put no effort into it.

• Upvote 1