Petition: Nerf Fighter Hype Glitch

Rambo

Petition: Nerf Fighter Hype Glitch  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the fighter's hype be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How low should he go?

• 2000 P4P
    • 5000 P4P (he is 2-0)
    • 9999 P4P (punishment for blatant abuse)

Cancel culture has been present in Tycoon even before it exploded in the U S of A about a year back.

A new member of my alliance just got dropped by his mentor because he is associated to me. 

I bumped into him at QFC and he asked me a few questions about sliders, we got lots of experienced players so I invited him and then he got dropped.

Really shorty times we are experiencing but that just means your hero (me) will have to wreck lives once again !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

28 minutes ago, gwad12345 said:

when you have fighters stripped, ruin orgs and piss off everyone in the process you reap what you sow.

This do be ver accurate tho.

florida man still maybe as bad and watch him go full bitch still funny

he be lik

tenor.gif?itemid=19200353

29 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Cancel culture has been present in Tycoon even before it exploded in the U S of A about a year back.

A new member of my alliance just got dropped by his mentor because he is associated to me. 

I bumped into him at QFC and he asked me a few questions about sliders, we got lots of experienced players so I invited him and then he got dropped.

Really shorty times we are experiencing but that just means your hero (me) will have to wreck lives once again !

Is it really a surprise that i don't want anything to do with your pathetic existence? Regardless if the guy is a multi or not id rather not chance it with my disgust for you at the moment. People can tell me all they want that your not that bad, but you are indeed garbage. I tried to bury the hatchet, but the cbomb in you always comes back around.

• Upvote 6

Bjorn, stop reporting things for bullshit reasons. Especially such hypocritical things such as demanding something be done about the downvotes and trolls on the forum when you are amongst the biggest serial offenders of all. If you can't handle the forum then maybe you should stay off of it for a while?

• Upvote 9

31 minutes ago, barney said:

when you have fighters stripped, ruin orgs and piss off everyone in the process you reap what you sow.

13 minutes ago, The1rstSaint said:

Is it really a surprise that i don't want anything to do with your pathetic existence? Regardless if the guy is a multi or not id rather not chance it with my disgust for you at the moment. People can tell me all they want that your not that bad, but you are indeed garbage. I tried to bury the hatchet, but the cbomb in you always comes back around.

perfect example

• Upvote 1

Wow, I don’t feel like this is doing the game any good, or anyone involved for that matter. Bjorn didn’t abuse anything, he just used the system that’s open for anyone to use. Want him to stop getting hype from the Tycoon Times? Take the time and energy to write some quality articles of your own to fill up the Times, set some ground rules for articles, … Don’t point fingers and try to get everyone to gang up on one person. It reeks of bullying and just seems wrong.

Changing the hype bonus from the Times to a popularity bonus seems like a good idea, probably a bit more realistic.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Skenoj said:

Tycoon Times will not use Paddy's articles for a while after this scandal

Let's see what will happen 

also, I never thought Tycoon Times will have such an impact on fighter hype

All you have to do is change fighter profile to editorial. He can post as much as he wants it just needs to be properly categorized to avoid manipulation. Maybe 3 of those were fighter profiles, the rest were editorials (at best), and 1 or 2 were fight reviews/previews.

5 hours ago, Xyel said:

It is precisely that - someone feels strongly about something they don't like, they rile up a few other people who also complain, and the person gets cancelled. Just this time, you happen to sympathize with what they're complaining about.

Nobody's asking him to be canceled even if he is a fucking nonce. We are seeking that his p4p ranking be appropriately adjusted after the fiasco he pulled on an org owner.

Bjorn knew what he was doing. He might play the victim* and pretend it was all an innocent mistake but he knew he was exploiting a glitch in the system. He had his fun and now it should be fixed. In the future, tycoon times should add to popularity instead of ranking. For reasons I think we can all agree with. He has the opportunity to fight and earn his rank like everybody else has to. With the way he selects fights I'm sure he'll get back up there in no time ?

* Bjorn is same individual who begged Mike for a free agent credit by claiming Spin & Win glitched him out of one. Mike catered to him and he picked up FA Fabian Hoi. Spin & Win doesn't glitch anybody out of shit as the results are determined the moment you click the button and the spinning is just a facade lol.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, thb said:

Wow, I don’t feel like this is doing the game any good, or anyone involved for that matter. Bjorn didn’t abuse anything, he just used the system that’s open for anyone to use. Want him to stop getting hype from the Tycoon Times? Take the time and energy to write some quality articles of your own to fill up the Times, set some ground rules for articles, … Don’t point fingers and try to get everyone to gang up on one person. It reeks of bullying and just seems wrong.

Changing the hype bonus from the Times to a popularity bonus seems like a good idea, probably a bit more realistic.

I know he's your Belgium butt buddy, but let's not let him play the victim here, and don't cater to that narrative. He knew what he was doing and majority of his articles should of been categorized as editorials. He picks fighter profile to manipulate fighter hype for +10 gain.

It's obvious.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Bjorn knew what he was doing. He might play the victim* and pretend it was all an innocent mistake but he knew he was exploiting a glitch in the system. He had his fun and now it should be fixed. In the future, tycoon times should add to popularity instead of ranking. For reasons I think we can all agree with. He has the opportunity to fight and earn his rank like everybody else has to. With the way he selects fights I'm sure he'll get back up there in no time ?

Fix the glitch, sure. Punish Bjorn... for what reason, precisely? For as long as he can't do it infinitely, the hype has little real impact, and it'll mostly be gone the moment Paddy loses.

You know all that, and it's precisely why almost nobody has cared about it for all this time. But this isn't about that, it's about the shit that went down between Bjorn and Mannetosen. Sure, that wasn't great, but seeking the admins to buttfuck Bjorn over personal drama is just shitty.

38 minutes ago, Rambo said:

* Bjorn is same individual who begged Mike for a free agent credit by claiming Spin & Win glitched him out of one. Mike catered to him and he picked up FA Fabian Hoi. Spin & Win doesn't glitch anybody out of shit as the results are determined the moment you click the button and the spinning is just a facade lol.

Which happened six years ago. How relevant.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Xyel said:

Fix the glitch, sure. Punish Bjorn... for what reason, precisely? For as long as he can't do it infinitely, the hype has little real impact, and it'll mostly be gone the moment Paddy loses.

You know all that, and it's precisely why almost nobody has cared about it for all this time. But this isn't about that, it's about the shit that went down between Bjorn and Mannetosen. Sure, that wasn't great, but seeking the admins to buttfuck Bjorn over personal drama is just shitty.

Which happened six years ago. How relevant.

It is relevant because it portrays the type of gamer he is. Bjorn already bent Mike over once and made him look a fool by blatantly lying to the game owner.

If this stunt was done by Camara, the response would be different. Bjorn knew what he was doing when he was selecting Fighter Profile instead of editorial. That's my point, and it should be adjusted appropriately.

Is Bjorn getting deleted? Is his fighter getting sacked or boycotted? Please explain how this is butt fucking Bjorn outside of hurting his fragile ego? He still has the same opportunity to climb the p4p rankings just like every member of the game. Remove the 200 fighter hype and carry on.

I've been beating this drum about swapping fighter hype for fighter pop for years. Most recently brought this up in August 2020. But nothing ever got changed because it was never abused/exploited to the degree that it has been and never caused a shit show between org owner/members.

When two managers would fight each other over and over again with the same 2 fighters to manipulate p4p ranking, it wasn't illegal, but Mike had to step in and change it to where if you fought more than 2-3 times in a row you wouldn't receive any hype/pop.

History Lessons for Noobs: Afro Samurai crushing Mother AA's cans who got all their hype by Mother AA fighting himself.

When 1 manager could have 2 of his fighters fight each other and gain hype - not against the rules and irl similar to Ali repping Gaethje and Khabib - Mike had to step in and fix that as well, for obvious reasons to avoid exploiting fighter ranks.

This is long overdue. ✌ 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Managers fighting their own fighters in order to test hidden x2 as fast without losing Hype is beyond ridiculous too.

Considering morale can only be tested when a fighter loses I cannot believe for how long this practice has been abused.

During tournaments it’s not fair because they test while leaving all sliders in the middle too so managers that play clean reveal their strategies while the cheaters don’t. 

• Downvote 4

42 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Managers fighting their own fighters in order to test hidden x2 as fast without losing Hype is beyond ridiculous too.

Considering morale can only be tested when a fighter loses I cannot believe for how long this practice has been abused.

During tournaments it’s not fair because they test while leaving all sliders in the middle too so managers that play clean reveal their strategies while the cheaters don’t. 

Look at it as bringing 2 randoms into your gym and watch them scrap, dance, or roll (depending how you set sliders). I was never a fan of it but is what it is. Back on topic...

Correct the hype with a wave of the wand, change tycoon times hype into popularity to avoid future issues, and avoid #2 P4P from leaping to #1 P4P with a couple articles.

Memory lane to that one time Paddy had a chance at a title shot vs Satanic Panic and sat on the offer for almost 2 weeks before declining:

https://mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=6631

months later, still hasn't fought anybody, yet ranked twice as high as the current 8-1 champion because of tycoon times exploit ?

?? ?? ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, Rambo said:

I know he's your Belgium butt buddy, but let's not let him play the victim here, and don't cater to that narrative. He knew what he was doing and majority of his articles should of been categorized as editorials. He picks fighter profile to manipulate fighter hype for +10 gain.

It's obvious.

If you truly believe that gaining fighter hype through articles in the Tycoon Times is a punishable offense, why are you singling one person out instead of trying to punish everyone who's ever benefitted from this system, including yourself?

example:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=6365

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, thb said:

If you truly believe that gaining fighter hype through articles in the Tycoon Times is a punishable offense, why are you singling one person out instead of trying to punish everyone who's ever benefitted from this system, including yourself?

example:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=6365

There are a lot of examples of me posting fighter profiles, but you posted one of me writing one for a fighter that isn't even mine, and the content in that article is 7 of bjorns combined.

If you can't see the difference between Bjorn spamming 23+ articles to abuse something, go stand under Manneken Pis for a while. Bjorn will probably be there dressed as King Leopold with his mouth open sipping from the free water fountain.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Rambo said:

There are a lot of examples of me posting fighter profiles, but you posted one of me writing one for a fighter that isn't even mine, and the content in that article is 7 of bjorns combined.

If you can't see the difference between Bjorn spamming 23+ articles to abuse something, go stand under Manneken Pis for a while. Bjorn will probably be there dressed as King Leopold with his mouth open sipping from the free water fountain.

What rule has he broken that he should be punished for though? He didn't do anything that isn't allowed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I see Mike posted on page 1 

When you guys gang up on someone usually you reach out to Mike via a private moderator so regardless of the poll the person is fooked. 

I just want to clarify , Mike is working on changing the boost to popularity right? We have not yet finished voting.

I see 4 people not agree for reasons already stated. Unless there was a 0 there I just don’t see how you guys screw Björn on this one.

Also .... I won a version manager of the year 3 times in a row and you guys decided to create a committee for voting because the forum / community was deemed unfit to objectively participate lol ...... but on this occasion when you need votes we are ok? 

Lolol I love waking up to this shit. I’m snowboarding Mont St Sauveur this morning. The lols should be epic when I get back.

#heritaaage

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

When you guys gang up on someone usually you reach out to Mike via a private moderator so regardless of the poll the person is fooked. 

I just want to clarify , Mike is working on changing the boost to popularity right? We have not yet finished voting.

I see 4 people not agree for reasons already stated. Unless there was a 0 there I just don’t see how you guys screw Björn on this one.

Also .... I won a version manager of the year 3 times in a row and you guys decided to create a committee for voting because the forum / community was deemed unfit to objectively participate lol ...... but on this occasion when you need votes we are ok? 

Lolol I love waking up to this shit. I’m snowboarding Mont St Sauveur this morning. The lols should be epic when I get back.

#heritaaage

Mike it does't look good at all when your spokesman is this piece of shit.

23 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

#heritaaage

This heel act of yours is actually starting to grow on me tbh. lol

• Upvote 2