Top 3 Movies of all Time

Pimpson

31 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a fictional story. It wasn't designed to shit on Bruce Lee. It was a satirical portrayal of the over-the-top character that Bruce Lee was.

Not from interviews I saw with Tarantino, he thought that Bruce Lee really was an asshole, because of how he was hitting American Stunt men, so he set his story up to have his character "Cliff" be a guy the studio would bring in to teach Bruce a lesson in respecting American Stunt Men, a former Soldier.

What Tarantino only partially acknowledges is that in Asian Cinema the fight stunts / choreography there was intentionally filmed with some impact to add to the realism, what Bruce wanted was to have that same impact in the filming he did in America, for example during the Green Hornet series production, Bruce got labelled as an asshole because the stunt men in the USA did not like that contact and resented it and at least some complained about it, while Hong Kong Stunt Men & actors would consider it par for the course and expected & trained for it to create more realism.

Jean Labell who worked with Bruce & taught him some Judo & Wrestling along with holds and who Bruce taught some striking in return had a pretty favorable view of him while Tarantino was of the opinion Jean was brought in to teach Bruce to have some respect for American Stunt Men, like his character Cliff was in the movie, but that wasn't ever what Jean himself has ever said, so it is most likely something Tarrantino had invented in his head.

Aside from that somewhat controversial scene, it was an okay movie, not one of Tarrantino's best but maybe that scene ruined it for me & biased me against it.

8 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Not from interviews I saw with Tarantino, he thought that Bruce Lee really was an asshole, because of how he was hitting American Stunt men, so he set his story up to have his character "Cliff" be a guy the studio would bring in to teach Bruce a lesson in respecting American Stunt Men, a former Soldier.

What Tarantino only partially acknowledges is that in Asian Cinema the fight stunts / choreography there was intentionally filmed with some impact to add to the realism, what Bruce wanted was to have that same impact in the filming he did in America, for example during the Green Hornet series production, Bruce got labelled as an asshole because the stunt men in the USA did not like that contact and resented it and at least some complained about it, while Hong Kong Stunt Men & actors would consider it par for the course and expected & trained for it to create more realism.

Jean Labell who worked with Bruce & taught him some Judo & Wrestling along with holds and who Bruce taught some striking in return had a pretty favorable view of him while Tarantino was of the opinion Jean was brought in to teach Bruce to have some respect for American Stunt Men, like his character Cliff was in the movie, but that wasn't ever what Jean himself has ever said, so it is most likely something Tarrantino had invented in his head.

Aside from that somewhat controversial scene, it was an okay movie, not one of Tarrantino's best but maybe that scene ruined it for me & biased me against it.

definitely not Tarrantino's best movie. not by a long shot. but it was decent. the ending was phenomenal. death by flamethrower ftw.

unsubstantiated opinion: odds Bruce was a coked up egomaniac like the rest of hollywood? i reckon kinda high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

definitely not Tarrantino's best movie. not by a long shot. but it was decent. the ending was phenomenal. death by flamethrower ftw.

unsubstantiated opinion: odds Bruce was a coked up egomaniac like the rest of hollywood? i reckon kinda high.

Wasn't his death also widely speculated to have been cause by brain swelling as a result of reactions to ingredients in multiple pain killers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CelticStryder said:

Wasn't his death also widely speculated to have been cause by brain swelling as a result of reactions to ingredients in multiple pain killers?

According to the Lee family & Lee's friend Chuck Norris the autopsy report noted he died as a result of Cerebral Oedema thought to be triggered by "Hypersensitivity to Equagesic".

He was taking painkillers for the compression injury to the sacral nerve in his back, caused by using too much weight in a manoeuvre called "good morning", and then his then girlfriend had given him some other painkillers when he had a headache, the coroner believed Lee had a bad reaction, which then led to Lee's slipping into a coma & dying as a result of his brain swelling (Cerebral Oedema).

There were hundreds of alternative theories about his death but the autopsy report is fairly widely known about now so most of those wildly speculative theories have begun to die out.

More recently however some Doctors revisited the case & speculated he may have died as a result of prior kidney damage and drinking too much water leading to a condition called Hyponatraemia which can also result in Cerebral Oedema.

They published their review of the case.

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

Not sure he was a Cocaine abuser, but Lee's use of Cannabis was well documented, he had been smoking Cannabis on the day he died, quite possibly his use of it was to help combat the pain from his back injury, which should have made him more mellow rather than amped up like a coke head.

6 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Not sure he was a Cocaine abuser, but Lee's use of Cannabis was well documented, he had been smoking Cannabis on the day he died, quite possibly his use of it was to help combat the pain from his back injury, which should have made him more mellow rather than amped up like a coke head.

Lee was wired on that white lady.

Bruce Lee - Enter the Dragon on Make a GIF

• 4 weeks later...

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Alleluia! The Devil's Carnival