Start Date For The Island - POLL

MMATycoon

Start Date For The Island - POLL  

66 members have voted

1. 1. When shall we start the next island season?

Because some folk are worried about the impact of an island season on ID restricted orgs, I'm open to pushing it back to March 1st but obviously we need to decide now, one way or another.

As requested, I have also added creation date to fighter profiles and will make that searchable on the search page. 

• Upvote 5

I dont get why creation day based orgs would be better than ID based. Both are based on creation ID or date, wich doesent really make any big difference. 

Only problem is that if there is ID orgs and creation date orgs, it just splits fighters even more.

If someone would make 2021 org, it would be totally horrible for 370k orgs.  I dont believe that day based orgs would be succesfull, except first day of the year based orgs. Like 2021 and 2022 orgs etc.  

Voted february and i will make multiple island guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MMATycoon said:

Because some folk are worried about the impact of an island season on ID restricted orgs, I'm open to pushing it back to March 1st but obviously we need to decide now, one way or another.

As requested, I have also added creation date to fighter profiles and will make that searchable on the search page. 

While you are making changes to the search page for fighters, could you possibly also add a check box or "unsigned" similar to the "needs contract" check box?  Sometimes it's useful to search for unsigned fighters in a certain range as opposed to those specifically looking for a contract in order to reach out to them via mail or whatever and inquire about them.  Thanks, if not, no worries.  Only really useful for org owners and managers.

• Upvote 1

Without contemplating to much on it my first reaction is we should do away with all ID orgs from now and and go by creation date. It might be annoying at first and different but will lead to the game being more consistent in terms of flow and progress.. it's so annoying when we have to wait months and months for time to go by so we can finally hit a new ID and get into creation again of new projects.. I waited so long for 370, by the time it came, I wasnt even interested at the moment due to me being busy and other things so I basically miss out. Creation date orgs will give us a reason to stay more interested in the game I feel. As far as the main topic of island start date would only need to be pushed back if we all keep with the ID based orgs and I think we will so I voted March. If we do change to date creation orgs then then February should be fine.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MiikeSnow said:

Anyone know if you still get a free island fighter slot if you have the max 25 slots already filled?

Selfishly I want it to be March so I can hurry up and lose some creation tourneys to free up some spaces for island guys ?

yes you get a free slot. 

I don't really enjoy the Island but there's obviously some paying customers that do. I would imagine they would be expecting it to start when it's usually supposed to. 

Don't really see how it effect orgs. The idea of ID needs a bit of tweaking these days anyway. Especially when probably 75% of a new ID fighter base is sacked before the turning of the next. 

Not sure if possible but might it help if the player got to keep the Island slot for a few months after the Island finishes and they lose it if they sack? Might encourage managers to sign them to ID orgs, train them up a bit and consider keeping them if they turn out better than expected?

• Upvote 2