How to make quality avators?

saklain

7 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

GIMP or Photoshop for regular and background animated avatars.  For the full motion ones like you've seen with the avatar guy himself moving and the face morphed it's another program or plug-in.  Since I don't do those, I don't know what is used.

Thanks, will definitely use those programs.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:42 PM, HareRumpler said:

GIMP or Photoshop for regular and background animated avatars.  For the full motion ones like you've seen with the avatar guy himself moving and the face morphed it's another program or plug-in.  Since I don't do those, I don't know what is used.

Could you like make a GIMP tutorial for avatars?

If you're a photographer, designer or artist I would definitely opt for Photoshop. I paid for my first year so I could learn the craft (somewhat cos that that shit is deep). I decided the costs were too dear just in order to funnel my time and energy into works of art that most the time ended up on Mike's reject pile. That is after he changed the parameters to get an avatar accepted. After which, my brother said I could share his. I think you can log on with more than one device, so it is worth looking into sharing if you're serious. 

Hare is right to a degree with moving images, but photoshop or rather Creative Cloud will give you access to a variety of adobe apps and programs (about 20 different ones specifically designed for different tasks) including animators, cartoon makers, Photoshop, Bridge (which is a super versatile filing system) etc etc....tonnes of cool shit!! I actually just use Photoshop for my animations and although the frame by frame function is tedious, you can switch to video timeline mode which displays timelines for each layer. Video timeline mode enables much more fluid animation capabilities, so it can be done. It will take a couple of months to get the hang of the overall functionality of PS, but years to master.

If u just wanna just make avs then I suggest gimp.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zello said:

Could you like make a GIMP tutorial for avatars?

Not something I'm willing to spend a ton of time on unfortunately. But if you do a search on YouTube there are plenty of tutorials, many specifically GIMP based, for how to do a facial overlay and replacement and how to cut backgrounds out, etc.  And there's no one size fits all, there are several methods that work and just speak to how you like doing it best.  Perhaps not one tutorial for the process of "making an avatar for MMAT", but certainly several different tutorials that if you piece them together will give you the skills you need.

Photoshop tutorials are higher quality and easier to find, IMHO, also better third party tools (like templates and actions) that I dunno if works with GIMP.

Used both and ended up pirating PS instead of keeping GIMP because of this

If you invest in PH I could make a tutorial I guess, but it would kill the fun and let everyone in on my tricks. I might still do it though. It would be a nice think to do for the tycoon community, especially as I don't do them for the public anymore.

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2020 at 7:38 AM, HareRumpler said:

Not something I'm willing to spend a ton of time on unfortunately. But if you do a search on YouTube there are plenty of tutorials, many specifically GIMP based, for how to do a facial overlay and replacement and how to cut backgrounds out, etc.  And there's no one size fits all, there are several methods that work and just speak to how you like doing it best.  Perhaps not one tutorial for the process of "making an avatar for MMAT", but certainly several different tutorials that if you piece them together will give you the skills you need.

I'm dumb though.