Nominations: Writer of the Year 2020

TJMitchell

2020 was a great year in terms of writing for this site. The forum has been blessed by some very talented writers who put in a lot of effort to bring us their best work. I want to thank them for all their hard work by nominating all the talented writers that caught my attention:

Hare Rumpler (126014) – His reviews and previews for Sucker Punch Pro Series are works of art. Honestly, in terms of quantity and consistency, Donkey simply outworked everyone. Crazy work ethic.

J. W. Hardman (129257) – For his reviews and previews for Hardcore Fighting Championship.

Esiah Xavier (130168) – Wrote a lot of quality articles for Inferno Combat Series and Stoner Fight League.

Wes Wes (129552) – He’s been consistently writing quality previews for Checkmate Championship.

Those who might not have written as much or as consistent as those above but should nonetheless be rewarded for their efforts with a nomination:

Rory Daly (64907) - GONY 4 is a blast and Rory brought us some great articles to go along with it.

Bjorn O'Donnel (94172) – Everyone who frequents the forum knows who Paddy is.

Me (62511) – I know I can’t nominate myself but I don’t care, I did more than enough to deserve a nomination.

Butch Harris Does not get free wins (60096) – wrote some good previews for PULSE: Tribal Combat

Vsevelod Kaufman (135373) – Wrote some stuff for Caged Warriors MMA and Rock-A-Fella FC. He hasn’t been writing for long but he’s only getting better.

Ryan Epicity (99678) – He’s written some cool things for ETERNITY.

G Wad (88365) – Wrote some ridiculously good stuff for Synchronicity before it got a new owner.

John Daugherty (118208) – He’s written some articles for CEC since he took over and also wrote a few articles for CATCH WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP earlier in the year.

Nick theUser (130862) – He’s written some solid previews for his own org World Combat Federation.

To everyone I nominated: thank you for your hard work!

To everyone I didn’t nominate: also thank you, as you’re all part of why this game is still going strong to this day :)

• Upvote 6

Dan Inacan is a newer writer and now also graphic designer in the game and has done some fantastic work with the few pieces he's put out.

Daniel Craythorne has also come in like a ball of fire and while not writing and developing for long has shown some great potential and desire.

Yamashita (Destin) Craven has also done some nice work for us when he can and deserves to be mentioned.

Vsevelod Kaufman also does fantastic work when he's able to be involved in it and I'm always impressed with the quality he puts out!

And while not officially writing in a formal sense, these two have contributed some awesome content that won't go widely noticed because it's been without the Sucker Punch forum for their fighters, but I have to mention them as I appreciate the added quality content!

Robert Smith has put up quality interviews and writings for his fighters in the org and it definitely adds to the flavor and fun!  Great job.

Kyle F has done the same with really building out the personalities of some of his fighters and contributing some great stuff that keeps things really interesting!

Full disclosure, all of those guys above have done work for me and Sucker Punch at some point in time so I am clearly biased towards being familiar with their work.  But I'd be remiss if I didn't at least get their names out there and acknowledged for their efforts!

For some others that I'd like to acknowledge as well (especially if not already mentioned by others above):

Rush Grayson appears to be a new writer over with Caged Warriors who has put up some nice content!

and Matty Fernandez has done a great job there as well keeping everybody updated with current standings and commentary about the divisions along the way.

Wes Wes is always working hard over at Checkmate with consistent write-ups for the crew there which keeps everybody engaged.

Chris Karter's writing for SFL as well as his epic roasts of opponents along the way...and pumping of his own fighters...cannot be ignored!  Always entertaining stuff!

Nick theUser over at WCF always puts up stuff that is worth a sit and read when he gets the chance to do reviews/previews for them.  I jump to it when I see one.

Alfred Winterbottom did some fantastic stuff during his running of the Alliance World Championships earlier this year...I wish he had more time because I'd read his stuff every day!

Clearly you cannot ignore the work and effort of these guys, who will be mentioned multiple times as they're at the top of the game:

JW Hardman, GWad, Bjorn, Rory Daly and last, but certainly and absolutely not least, as he set the friggin' bar very high for everybody to reach when it comes to quality great previews and reviews: Esiah Xavier!

There are many others I've missed no doubt...but you get the point...as others have said...thank you for the fantastic content this year, it has been a great year for writing...and yet, there is still so much opportunity out there to add in other areas, orgs, etc as we still need MORE MORE MORE!  LOL

• Upvote 1