Transition help escape ?

Hi

It is easier to escape when u are on top on the ground are the game dosent take care of it ?

if my fighter as great transition to put himself a better situation to go back on is feet ?

so if a create a Standup fighter , should it be good to have high transition to go back to is feet with escape

thanks for your help

On top to stand up it uses your transitions skills rather than escapes.

Where do you get this from? First time I've heard it. Transitions helps get you into a better position for the escape skill to kick in for the stand up but don't think transitions alone will get the stand up. That the way I always thought it was anyways.

• Downvote 1

Where do you get this from? First time I've heard it. Transitions helps get you into a better position for the escape skill to kick in for the stand up but don't think transitions alone will get the stand up. That the way I always thought it was anyways.

Not sure about top, but you could stand up before we had escapes.

I'm not 100% on this but pretty sure: You have to trans out of mount or back mount to get an escape, pretty sure mike said somewhere you can't escape from those 2 positions. I know it does add some confusion to some fight text where it says: "fighter A has escaped and has taken fighter B's back" but that happened to me and my fighter has no escapes (useless--) and has done that a couple times, so that does confirm when that text shows it's a transition not an escape (I think that is old text from before escapes where added).

So in short, you still should have some trans to get out of bad positions so you can use escapes or just to get another way to get out of a bad position.

• Upvote 1

You can get that information from the "Fight Engine Changes" thread from July 2015: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50571

14th reply from the top:

"Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

poraan, on 13 Jul 2015 - 5:09 PM, said:snapback.png

Future p4p1 Pulkkinen.

What happens to guys that dont want to be on ground and dont have escapes? Like in grappler vs grappler fights.

Escaping from top should be possible even without escapes skill.

that's transitions.

"

• 4 years later...