Total Destruction Combat

Total Destruction Combat is currently the #1 fight promotion in Hilo.

TDC is looking for new or experienced fighters in the 135/145 divisions and experienced fighters in the other divisions, and will be freely offering contracts. Please click on my manager link to the left and mail me with your fighter IDs, and how soon you would like each fighter to fight.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDC has come to an agreement with Hellbent, Inc., undoubtedly one of the top 3 clothing companies in the world, to sponsor our organization.

As part of our partnership, Hellbent will be giving out sponsorships as well as their top notch gear for Submission of the Night, Fight of the Night, and Knockout of the Night honors for each of TDC's events.

Also, in honor of this fantastic news, I've decided to rename TDC 3 Hellbent!

TDC has come to an agreement with Hellbent, Inc., undoubtedly one of the top 3 clothing companies in the world, to sponsor our organization.

As part of our partnership, Hellbent will be giving out sponsorships as well as their top notch gear for Submission of the Night, Fight of the Night, and Knockout of the Night honors for each of TDC's events.

Also, in honor of this fantastic news, I've decided to rename TDC 3 Hellbent!

hell yeah bro! looks good...good company you got there...HELLBENT MUTHAFUKKAH!

I am pleased to announce that Biopharm Nutrition, the top nutrition company in New York City, has agreed to sponsor Total Destruction Combat.

As of part of our partnership, Biopharm and their owner, Max Powers, will be giving out sponsorships and their top quality supplements for Knockout of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Fight of the Night honors.

With this partnership, there will be THREE different bonuses for Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night, and Submission of the Night:

1) Sponsorship and free gear from Hellbent, Inc.

2) Sponsorship and free supplement from Biopharm Nutrition

3) A monetary bonus from me

Simply put, TDC's fighters will be amply rewarded for putting on a good show by being aggressive and finishing fights.

Glad to be in business with TDC, and can't wait to help put Hilo on the MMA map. With a diverse, talented roster, TDC is poised to take control of Hilo and never let go.

Glad to be in business with TDC, and can't wait to help put Hilo on the MMA map. With a diverse, talented roster, TDC is poised to take control of Hilo and never let go.

Thanks. Looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship!

I'm very happy to announce that TDC has entered into an agreement with Robb Smith to write previews and recaps for all of TDC's events. Robb is currently the writer for Synchronicity, the #1 organization in the game.

TDC 1: A New Dawn Preview by Robb Smith

What’s up Hilo, and everyone watching and working for TDC, I'm Robb Smith and if you don't know me that’s perfectly alright but you better latch your seat belt and get ready for a crazy ride because tonight we preview TDC 1: A New Dawn.

We have ten fights on the card. The first of the preliminary bouts is at 155 between two guys with goofy names, The Champ and Cat Litter. Champ is 1-1 and Litter is 0-1. This should be an exciting bout between two up-and-comers.

Let's take a hard look at a preliminary bout at 185 between John Mediano, a very experienced MMA Fighter on the wrong side of a 3-7 record. Freddy White is a debuting fighter who is without a doubt hoping to come out with a win. With his training rumored to be going very well I would put my money on the rookie!

At 265 we get to look at some up and coming Heavyweight fighters. First up is Brandon Jacobs, a decent Muay Thai striker with OK boxing and a very bright career ahead of him. His opponent is also debuting tonight. His name is Fedor Bain, a young fighter who is known as a strong boxer with decent wrestling and Muay Thai skills. This fight to me is not just about debuting stars but it is about guys who should have bright futures.

At Welterweight we get to see Top Dog and Angel Suarez. Both men look to cement themselves into the WW division. We also get to see light heavyweight fighters Akao Machida and Adam Sandler fight for a future spot on a main card. Both of these preliminary battles should be good and all the preliminary fights showcase skilled young fighters trying to make names for themselves.

As we move onto the main card we will see Middleweights, Featherweights and Light Heavyweight fighters. We will also discuss the Lightweight title and the Light Heavyweight title fights.

First off we go to Middleweight where Craig Webster and Guillaume De Pays battle it out. Webster is 1-0 and debuts for TDC and is known for his love to stand up and bang. De Pays will be stepping into the cage for the first time as a pro and from the tapes I have watched from some of his amateur fights it is clear that he is very good at Muay Thai. I cannot clearly pick a winner in this fight but I will say that I am looking forward to this fight and I want to see if either man can be a Title Contender in the future.

At 205 we have two men who are obviously future contenders otherwise they would not be this high upon the fight card. Milo Samurian v Fenton Meeks. Samurian is an OK boxer and an OK Muay Thai artist. His opponent Meeks is known as a boxer and won his debut fight by strikes. Both of these men are going to stand up and bang but I see Samurian using his Muay Thai skills to gain the advantage in the clinch and beat his opponent, but folks, in MMA anything can happen.

Cal Gehrig and Wanderlie Bain are Bantamweights. Gehrig is a 1-1 fighter with remarkable boxing and decent Muay Thai which seems to be a recurring theme here in TDC. Maybe all the fighters train Muay Thai together and save on gym fees. That was a joke, but Bain and his 0-2 record may be the biggest joke of them all. I don't see how Bain can compete in this fight unless he has drastically changed the way he fights. In all honesty, I’d love to see this become a great fight but I do not think Bain belongs in such a high caliber fight.

This has all been fun and games but right now we get down to the nitty gritty and someone is going to walk out with some hardware. The Light Heavyweight title is on the line when Chester Manson and Ister Band go at it and the Lightweight title is on the line when Jay Penn and BJ Penn will fight it out for the thing every fighter competes for.

We get started with The Battle for the vacant Light Heavyweight Title. 2-1 Chester Manson is known for his ground skills and effective ways to get a submission win. The holes in Manson's fight game are obviously his stand up and if he is made to stand up and box he will probably get knocked out. Ister Band is the man that will be in the blue corner and he is also the man that many know for two reasons and reason number one is that he has an undefeated record. 2-0 is not much to brag about, but if you walk out with a title then you can say anything you want. The second reason that Band is know by hardcore MMA fans is because the man is a absolute beast on his back, and folks I am not talking about what he does in the bedroom. Band is a ground guy, but unlike his opponent he can work anywhere on the mat and if he sees a limb he will attack it and it will either snap or get him a victory. In my estimation this is the fight of the night and possibly submission of the night winner.

The final bout of the evening and the battle for the Lightweight Championship pits two of the best TDC Fighters against each other. 2-0 BJ Penn won his first two fights because of his impressive ground game with a Triangle choke to obtain his debut win and a anaconda choke to obtain his second win and a chance at The Lightweight Title. His opponent though is very good at the submission and ground game himself. Big Jay Penn is 3-0 and has won all three of his fights on the ground. The first was with a triangle and the last two have been with the arm bar. Both of these men bring in a lot of similarities and I'm not just talking about the last name that they share. There is no doubt that this fight will be won or lost on the ground but the biggest question is which man will take a chance at standing up and testing his boxing skills. I know it will happen I am just not sure it is a good idea. If you fans want my opinion I'd say put your money on Penn to win it!

This is just the beginning folks. TDC is going to rise to the top of Hilo and whether or not you like it I will be bringing you every fight preview and every TDC Result Special. That's what they told me to call it but we'll do it my way and call it The Aftermath. So folks, get your tickets for TDC 1 at The Underground and if you cannot get tickets watch it on TV. Either way make sure you tune in for the fights on October 25th. Before I go folks remember October 26th to catch my Recap special of TDC 1. That's right The Aftermath will be available the day after Total Destruction Combat 1: A New Dawn! Until next time I'm Robb Smith, and enjoy the fights!

TDC 1 Awards

First off, let's get to the awards, which I'm sure everyone has been eagerly awaiting.

Fight of the Night: Chester Manson vs. Ister Band

Knockout of the Night: No knockouts!

Submission of the Night: Fedor Bain

Each fighter will be receiving a nice monetary bonus along with two sponsorships from Hellbent, Inc. and Biopharm Nutrition! I would like to see some knockouts in the future though.

TDC 1 Recap

TDC 1 kicked off with a bang as a sold out crowd of 1,000 gathered in The Underground to see what the fuss about the newest promotion in town was all about. This was the largest gathering of MMA fans in Hilo ever assembled -- and they were not disappointed. The booze flowed as freely as the submission attempts.

The undercard started quickly with 3 submission victories, all in the first round. For the first fight, The Champ took down Cat Litter almost immediately and both fighters quickly started engaging in a war of positioning. The Champ was able to execute a devastating arm triangle before half the crowd was even settled in their seats.

The next fight ended similarly. John Mediano, who came into the bout with an astounding 7 losses, good for #1 in Hilo, committed a major tactical mistake as he clinched and immediately took down Freddy White, a brown belt. A blue belt versus a brown belt on the ground doesn't usually end well for the blue belt, and that's what happened here as White was able to secure the armbar. Mediano can take comfort in the fact that he now has taken an even larger lead for #1. After all, not many fighters can claim that they top the charts in something, even if it is losses.

The third bout was between two debuting fighters, Fedor Bain and Brandon Jacobs. Apparently Jacobs didn't watch the previous fight, and decides to clinch and take down a superior BJJ player. Maybe he was going for the slam and settled for a leg? But anyways, we can all see where this is headed. Bain was able to swiftly take Jacob's back and choke him out for the submission victory of the night, a nice cash bonus, and two sponsorships.

Next up, it's Top Dog vs. Angel Suarez. They're both pretty well-rounded fighters, so maybe we'll actually see some stand-up? The crowd was certainly expecting it, but nope. Each fighter immediately tries to take it to the ground, where they lovingly hug each other for 15 minutes. The judges decide that Top Dog has the best hugging form, and he wins by unanimous decision.

In the totally stacked light heavyweight division, 1-1 Akao Machida takes on the newbie Adam Sandler. Machida's got quite the power in his strikes, but doesn't seem intent on using it. He immediately clinches Sandler, and tries to trip him. We see our first striking exchange of the night as Sandler fails to do any damage to Machida. Finally Machida pulls guard and is able to secure an armbar on Sandler.

Craig Webster versus Guillaume de Pays pretty much follows the formula for the rest of the night's fights. de Pays's superior Muay Thai skills can't bail him out here and he gets taken down at will by Webster, who tries his best to pull off a submission, any submission, but can't. The judges decide that takedowns are worth more than two missed head kicks and Webster wins 30-27 on all three cards.

Milo Samurian and Fenton Meeks squared off next in that stacked light heavyweight division. Both fighters were looking for their second win, but it was Samurian who emerged victorious with the first major ground and pound of the night. He actually tries to bang a little with Meeks in the first round, who is the far superior boxer, but correctly decides later to take it to the ground. Meeks spends almost the entire fight trying to get back to his fight, but Samurian is able to mount him repeatedly and pull out the decision victory.

The next fight was simply crazy... crazy boring. Wanderlie Bain, who up until this point has yet to win a fight, repeatedly clinches Gehrig. He proceeds in throwing an astounding 167 knees to Gehrig's head, landing 56 of them. Gehrig was trying to get out of the clinch because he was in trouble, not from the pain, but because his face was really ticklish. Bain unsurprisingly wins by unanimous decision.

The co-main event of the night, as well as Fight of the Night, was for the undisputed light heavyweight championship of the world. Chester

Manson faced off against Ister Band. Even though neither fighter had strong striking skills, they actually tried punching each other. Thats a good thing for those of you paying attention at home. It was a closely contested fight, as Band and Manson gave everything they got on the ground. Band tried utilizing his slightly superior BJJ skills to submit Manson, while Manson tried punching Band in the face. There were a ton of reversals, position battles, and everything else that makes for an exciting fight. Manson won the 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounds on all three judge's cards to become the light heavyweight champion! And unlike another 48-47 decision, no controversy here.

For the main event of the night, it was the battle of the Penns for the undisputed lightweight championship of the world. To be more precise, Jay Penn vs. BJ Penn. Jay Penn immediately took the fight to the ground (see a pattern here?) and tried to submit his twin. A few takedowns later, it was actually BJ Penn who pulls off the triangle from the guard. So Penn beats Penn to become the undisputed #1 Penn in the world.

And that's it for the recap. A spectacular first event for Total Destruction Combat, full of submissions, submissions, and more submissions. I'm seriously thinking of renaming the organization Total Submission Combat now.

Hello everyone,

We've got an amazing 30 fights coming up this weekend. Since I actually want this to be a preview that comes out before instead of after the fights, I'll only be covering some of the more interesting match-ups for Fight Night and TDC 2.

TDC Fight Night 1

This will be our first Fight Night ever, and will mostly consist of up-and-comers proving themselves and giving themselves a chance to move up the ranks.

The co-main event sees the 1-1 Nick Ghirardi up against the 1-0 Neville Morris. These two are truly big uglies, both weighing in at a massive 300 pounds in the super heavyweight division. They both have strong wrestling and decent jiu-jitsu skills, with Ghirardi holding the slight striking advantage. If you like fighters punching each other on the ground, you'll love this fight, because that's what I anticipate this fight to have lots of. The advantage will have to go to the fighter who can first take his opponent down and keep himself on the top, as striking from the bottom usually doesn't earn many victories. The winner will almost certainly be in the picture for the vacant super heavyweight title.

The main event of the evening is a pair of 2-0 heavyweights, Zach Nielsen and Sean Price, duking it out. Both of them are ground fighters, with Price being one-sidedly so, so we can expect the fight to go to the ground early and for Price to try to keep it there while trying to submit Nielsen. Nielsen has some strong ground and pound and decent jiu-jitsu skills, but it will be interesting to see if he tries to take advantage of his (slightly) better stand-up game. This should definitely be an interesting battle, and the winner should come out on the short list of contenders for the heavyweight belt.

TDC 2: Bain vs. Dent

TDC 2 has quite a few interesting fights, with 9 different fighters looking for their 2nd victory.

On the undercard, there are three match-ups in particular to watch out for. The first is Richard Hertz vs. Jonathan Crane in the lightweight division. Each fighter is looking to become 2-0, and both earned their first victories via 1st round submissions. This is especially surprising considering Crane is a white belt who tapped out his first opponent in 24 seconds. He probably won't have the same luck against Hertz, who's a purple belt and decent boxer, so it'll be interesting to see if Crane will get a chance to show off his impressive Muay Thai.

The second match-up pairs off another 1-0 against 1-0. Matthew Inglis and Jenson Rawlins are both currently in the middle of the pack in the welterweight division, and a decisive victory here would do a lot for their standing both in my eyes and amongst Hilo MMA fans. On paper, it looks like Inglis has a significant obstacle in front of him as Rawlins is both the superior boxer as well as BJJ player. His wrestling is what may save him, since he will probably determine if the fight stays on the feet or goes to the ground. There are definitely some interesting tactical possibilities here, which is what will make this one of the more anticipated bouts of the night.

"Destruction" Jay Sponseller looks to improve to 3-0 against the 1-0 Hilo native, Kamehameha Kalua, who outweighs his opponent by 15 pounds. There's no doubt whom the crowd will favor in this fight. Sponseller has to prove he's more than a paper tiger though, as both his previous decision victories came against the same fighter. Both of these guys have very strong striking skills and it will be a match-up of Kalua's boxing vs. Sponseller's Muay Thai. Kalua demonstrated his power in his first fight, knocking out his opponent in 13 seconds,and many are looking forward to seeing if the hometown favorite can pull off another decisive knockout.

In the co-main event, the 3-1 Bobby Flay faces off against the promising newcomer Captain Knuckles in the heavyweight division. Knuckles has a significant reach advantage as he's a good 10 inches taller than Flay, who comes in 32 pounds heavier than his opponent. Knuckles will probably try to utilize his reach advantage, knockout power (he took care of his first opponent in the 1st round), and better boxing skills by keeping the fight standing. Flay is short, fat, and stubby with the better ground skills, so the match may end up being decided by where it takes place. Whoever wins will definitely place themselves near the top of the heavyweight division.

In the main event of the night, current undisputed welterweight championship of the world, Damian "The Boa" Bain and #2 welterweight in Hilo makes his first title defense against the 3-0 Marcus Dent, who is #8 in Hilo. Both fighters are good wrestlers with strong jiu-jitsu so there's no doubt in my mind where the majority of the action will happen. Bain has been one-sided in his strategy so far, mainly attempting to submit his opponents, with Dent also showing off some impressive ground and pound (especially in his last TKO victory). Bain's strategy might be a risk against the brown belt Dent, who looks to make his name as the Boa Killer. Both The Boa and Dent have finished all of their opponents, so I don't anticipate this going the full five rounds. The winner will make a strong case for himself as the #1 welterweight in Hilo. I am definitely looking forward to this fight.

TDC 3: Hellbent Preview

TDC 3: Hellbent is brought to you by Hellbent, Inc., the #1 clothing company in New York City. Every fighter in TDC 3 will be getting a free piece of gear from Hellbent for participating! Go check them out now. They've got some sweet designs.

Now, on to the preview of TDC 3. Seriously, this is an amazing card from top to the bottom. For the top seven fights, the fighters are a combined 21-0 (!). Half of them are going to be walking away with losses for the first time, but the winners are definitely going to be shaking up the Hilo P4P rankings.

There are three fights of note on the undercard. The first is Braulio Maia (1-0) vs. Tony Halama (1-0) in the super heavyweight division. They agreed to a five-round match because they both really wanted to finish the other off, and that's what we should expect to see.It's a vintage bout of styles, with Maia the brown belt looking to submit Halama, the world-class boxer with knockout power. The winner, assuming he wins decisively, should make himself a strong contender for the vacant super heavyweight belt match against Neville Morris.

The second interesting bout on the undercard is again in the super heavyweight division. Ivo Havaiano (1-0) takes on Bryno Myller (1-0) for bragging rights. Both are strong boxers with almost no ground skills, so we can expect to see a slugfest, perhaps for the first time in TDC history. Both knocked out their previous opponents in the first round, so it shouldn't be surprising at all if the Knockout of the Night is by the winner of this match. Havaiano and Myller can also make a case for themselves to be amongst the contenders for the vacant 265+ belt with a quick knockout here.

The third fight is Xavier Rapp (1-0) vs. Samson Ojeni (1-0), two promising up-and-comers in the welterweight division. Both fighters are looking for their first finish here, and it'll be interesting to see whether Rapp's dirty boxing can overcome Ojeni's powerful fists. I don't expect the fight to go the ground, but Rapp certainly has the skills to take it there, though his BJJ skills are completely lacking. The winner should separate himself from the middle of the pack in the 170 division, although as of right now this is possibly the deepest division in all of TDC (and that's saying something).

Moving on to the co-main event of the night, Hans "The Mad German" Gruber (2-0) makes his first title defense in the featherweight division against the mad Frenchman, Antoine Doinel (3-0). If this goes anything like World War II, Doinel can expect a long night. This fight is a classic clash of styles, with Gruber's top notch punching matched up against Doinel's extremely strong BJJ skills. Gruber has been unable to finish his opponents in his previous matches, while Doinel has three first round submission victories to his credit. If this match goes to the cards, Gruber may hold the advantage, but that may be a dim possibility if Doinel lands the takedown early. The winner of this will defend his title against Bamboo Jackson, who's been sitting on the sidelines eagerly awaiting the results of this match.

The main event of the night is a special treat, as two 3-0 fighters fight each other for bragging rights. The Hawaiian native Kileki Kawike takes on Joe Steveson in a highly anticipated light heavyweight match. Kawike certainly will have the support of the crowd as he tries to finish off Steveson on the ground, where he has three impressive submission victories. Steveson is a more well-rounded fighter, with good skills across the board, including on the ground, where he has two submission victories. We'll see if Steveson's strategy is different for this fight though, where keeping it standing may be his best option. The winner will shoot up the Hilo LHW rankings,probably into the #1 or #2 position, and will guarantee that his next match will be a title shot for the 205 belt.

I'm definitely excited for TDC 3. I've received word that Wild Bob's Bar sold out its allotment of 750 tickets a few minutes after this card was announced, and I can't say that I'm surprised. The fans are in for a treat, as this is probably the last time TDC will be holding any events in this venue.

Hello everyone,

We had a great weekend of action which saw three sold out crowds at Wild Bob's Bar. First off, let's get to the awards.

Fight Night 1

Fight of the Night: Ludwig von Mises vs. Sizzla Kalonji

Submission of the Night: Frank Spencer

Knockout of the Night: Friedrich Hayek

TDC 2

Fight of the Night: Lord Ocha vs. MichaelAngelo DuVal

Submission of the Night: Kamehameha Kalua

Knockout of the Night: Bobby Flay

TDC 3

Fight of the Night: Jimbo Jenkins vs. Stoney Mcweedy

Submission of the Night: Braulio Maia

Knockout of the Night: Jimbo Jenkins

In the next day or two , all fighters who won awards will be receiving monetary bonuses for each award as well as sponsorship offers from both Hellbent, Inc. and Biopharm Nutrition, the #1 clothing and nutrition companies in New York City.All fighters who participated in TDC 3: Hellbent and did not win an award can also be expecting a free item from Hellbent, Inc.

Fight Night 1 Recap

The Fight of the Night kicked off a wild evening at Wild Bob's Bar. Two fighters debuting came out and put on quite the show. Ludwig von Mises and Sizzla Kalonji pulled no punches and spared no limbs as they both were eager to end the fight quickly. In the first round Kalonji, who was clearly the superior ground fighter, was able to take down von Mises and work some ground and pound and submissions. Even after gaining the full mount multiple times, he was unable to finish off von Mises, who came out during the second round and took down Kalonji with a devastating cross. I don't think either fighter came out of this a loser.

The Knockout of the Night was over in the blink of an eye as Friedrich Hayek landed a jab and then an overhand right against Tuhoansun Naamas to move to 1-0 in a short 8 seconds. Naamas, who was the much stronger wrestler, wasn't on his feet long enough to take advantage of his superiority on the ground.

The Submission of the Night was in fact the only real submission of the night. Frank Spencer quickly took down Jah Bosse, who apparently had never even heard of such a thing as "the ground" in his mixed martial arts studies, and submitted him with an armbar on his first attempt.

In the co-main event of the evening, Neville Morris (1-0) and Nick Ghirardi (1-1) faced off. Both 300-pounders had limited standup skills, so it's no surprise their tactics consisted mainly of takedowns. Morris was able to land his more successfully, and remained in top position for most of the fight as he landed blow after blow. Despite being unable to finish off Ghirardi, there was no doubt in the judges' or crowd's mind as to who won as Morris took the unanimous 30-27 decision to improve to 2-0 and #3 super heavyweight in Hilo.

The main event was highly anticipated as two 2-0 fighters stood in the ring looking to remain undefeated in the heavyweight division. Zach Nielsen's strategy seemed to mainly consist of gaining the clinch and working a variety of dirty punches, knees, and elbows. Sean Price, who had the stronger BJJ skills, threw only a single strike the entire match and went for takedowns all night long. After failing 21 submission attempts against Nielsen, however, this fight went to the judges, who decided that Price's takedowns and activity on the ground were worth more than the 5 punches that Nielsen landed. With this victory Price was able to enter the Hilo top 10 rankings at 265.

TDC 2: Bain vs. Dent Recap

Like the night before, the Fight of the Night was once again at the bottom of the card. Two fighters that had already lost in their debuts tried to notch their first victory. Both were strong BJJ players, with Lord Ocha a purple belt and MichaelAngelo Duval a brown belt. Ocha went stir crazy as he attempted 45 punch combos against DuVal, who returned the favor with 5 landed punch combos and 3 kicks to the head, but the fight was finally ended in the closing minutes of the 3rd round as Ocha was able to secure an armbar.

The Submission of the Night winner was Kamehameha Kalua (1-0), the hometown favorite. Now say that name 10 times, really fast. The crowd cheered for the Hilo native the entire fight. They tried chanting his name, but that didn't work out too well. His opponent, Jay Sponseller (2-0) was trying to work the clinch and landed a few good shots, but that wasn't enough as Kalua returned the favor by landing a devastating 1-2 punch after several misses, rocking Sponseller and sending him face first into the mat. Kalua was quickly able to gain Sponseller's back and execute a perfect rear naked choke.

The co-main event pitted Bobby Flay (3-1) against Captain Knuckles (1-0) in the division. Knuckles came in as the superior boxer. He failed to land a hook against Flay and was quickly taken down. Unfortunately for Knuckles, it was straight into mount. Flay took advantage of the position to end the fight via strikes to the head, good for Knockout of the Night honors, and moving himself into the #7 spot at 265 in Hilo.

The main event had been talked about for weeks, as Damian "The Boa" Bain (2-0) made his first title defense in the welterweight division against Marcus Dent (3-0). With all the marbles on the line, it was Bain who was able to make the first move and take down Dent. Unfortunately for Bain, Dent's brown belt level jiu-jitsu proved to be Bain's demise, as he was able to pull off an armbar from the bottom. With a TDC belt now around his waist, Dent moved into the #8 spot in the Hilo P4P rankings and secured his status as #1 welterweight in all of Hilo. Could this be the beginning of the Dent era? The 170 division may be TDC's deepest, so there are definitely a few worthy challengers in the pipeline.

TDC 3: Hellbent Recap

The Fight of the NIght once again happened on the bottom of the card. This time, it was the newcomer Jimbo Jenkins (0-0) putting on a show for the fans against the 1-0 Stoney Mcweedy in the 145 division. Mcweedy started off with a bang as he immediately rocked Jenkins with a hook-uppercut combo in the first few seconds of the fight. It looked grim for Jenkins, but he clearly was determined to win as he was able to recover. In the opening seconds of the second round Jenkins took down Mcweedy straight into mount and ended it with a crushing elbow, good for Knockout of the Night honors. I think Jenkins has a bright future ahead of him.

Near the top of the card Braulio Maia (1-0) took on Tony Halama (1-0) in the super heavyweight division, where the title is still vacant. Halama looked like he was going to come away with the early victory as he smacked Maia right in the face, sending him to the mat. Maia had the presence of mind to take down Halama while still rocked. From there it was over for the white belt as Maia, the brown belt, advanced to mount, took Halama's back, and submitted him with a rear naked choke that we could all see was coming. The Submission of the Night winner gained himself a shot for the 265+ belt against Ivo Havaino, who was able to put away Bryno Myller in 23 seconds earlier in the night. Tune into TDC 6 for that showdown. Should be a good one!

Hans "The Mad German" Gruber (2-0) made his first title defense in the 135 division against the Frenchman Antoine Doinel (3-0) in the co-main event of the night. There were old grudges to settle, as the fighters taunted each other before the fight and refused to touch gloves. In the early seconds of the match Gruber launched a lightning fast offensive, smacking Doinel with a solid combo. Doinel decided it hurt a little too much and took the fight to the ground. After punching the mat a few times,he gained Gruber's back and finished off with a textbook rear naked choke, gaining himself the #1 bantamweight ranking in Hilo. He defends his title next against the #2 bantamweight in Hilo, Bamboo Jackson, at TDC 11.

The main event of the night, and perhaps the most anticipated match of the week on the islands, was Kileki Kawike (3-0) against Joe Steveson (3-0) in the light heavyweight division. The winner was basically guaranteed a title shot against Chester Manson for his next fight. Kawike came in with a clear advantage on the ground, so it wasn't surprising when he decided it was best not to bang with Steveson and attempted takedowns. What was surprising was Steveson's willingness to contest the fight there instead of on the feet. For a few seconds it looked like that was a wise choice as he took Kawike's back and almost finished him off with a rear naked choke. But in a quick reversal of fortunes Kawike was able to regain full guard and used Steveson's thighs to execute an armbar, vaulting himself to the #1 205 ranking in Hiloand into the top 5 P4P. Tune into TDC 9 for his title bout against current TDC champion Chester Manson.

Congrats to award winners for the first 3 TDC fights. You should all have BioPharm sponsorships in your inboxes -- except Kalua. Since he had 2 sponsors already, he'll receive 4 weeks of our Energy 151 recovery supplement. They're in the mail already.

TDC 5 Preview by Eric Last

In a stacked card of ten fights it looks like over half of the fights are really going to please the crowd, with the main event fight, Gracie vs Wright, pitting two submission artists against each other, each having three wins with Gracie being the only one to have a loss. With both fighters on a streak with their first three wins one of them is going to extend it while the other will be forced to start again, meaning that both of this men are sure to leave it all in the ring, although Wright also has his undefeated streak to lose.

265+: Kevin Nash (0-0) v Tungh Pungh (1-1)

The first fight is a super heavyweight bout that pits a fairly new fighter with a fighter coming out for his first fight. Tungh Pungh has the advantage of having two fights that have gone all the way into the third round, one being a unanimous decision. Although the other was a loss by armbar it does not look like Kevin Nash would be looking for a submission, with his strength in his striking. With little known about Nash it can only be said that he has a puncher's chance, and with Pungh's decision win Jz Imada, who is also known for his striking ability, it seems that Pungh is going to be able to pull this one off with either a decision or a sumbission. However, with no matches to look at, it is impossible to count out Nash, who just might be able to do what Imada was unable to and knock out Pungh, or even show up with some submission skills no one was expecting.

170: Maxim Kislyak (1-0) v Chi Iron (1-0)

A welterweight fight between two one-and-oh Jiu-Jitsu blue belts is most likely going to end in a submission. Maxim "The Bitter End" Kislyak, fitting to his name, won his first match by unanimous decision against the Jiu-Jitsu purple belt Paulo Bento. Clearly it was not by luck, and against the fellow blue belt in Chi Iron it is possible that he may be able to pull off a submission. However, it was "Plancha" Iron who won his first bout by submission, although it was against a striking specialist in Adrian Laforteza. In all honesty this fight could go either way, but you can expect a lot of ground work and hopefully a lot of attempts to end the fight on the ground as well.

265+: Minowa Man (1-0) v Master Fu (1-0)

Another super heavyweight fight has Minowa Man going against Master Fu. Once again the two men are one-and-oh, with Man picking up a win by unanimous decision and Fu scoring a KO by Head Kick in just fourteen seconds of the first round. It might be that Fu's last opponent was simply not of the same caliber, but it is safe to say the Minowa Man has better striking and will hopefully be able to keep the match going at least a few minutes. Another match that looks like it could go either way, it looks like the fight might stay standing and might even within the first round. This is going to be a test to see if "Mr. Fu" is really has knockout power, and if Minowa Man can finish a fight.

205: Vic Vinegar (1-0) v Frank Jordan (1-0)

Vic Vinegar is going to have to hope that his knockout power will help him make up for the higher level of boxing that Frank Jordan possess in this light-heavyweight bout. However, Vinegar has the clear advantage on the ground with his purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu and might be able to submit Jordan as well. The main thing that Jordan has going for him is his ability to counter strike, but if Vinegar is able to connect with a combination or get the fight onto the ground it looks like this might be an easy win for him. This match will probably end within two minutes of the first or second round.

135: Pancho Gonzales (0-0) v Indiana Terrier (1-0)

The only bantamweight fight on the card pits a new fighter, Pancho Gonzales, against a veteran of only one bout, Indiana "The Patterdale" Terrier. Terrier was able to make his last opponent give up due to strikes in just over half a minute of the first round with his amazing boxing skills. Gonzales, on the other hand, looks to really have no real strength or weakness, and it will be that mediocrity that will either allow him to surprise Terrier with one facet of his game or will end to his defeat by either KO or also giving up from growing weary of getting pounded in the face. Either way this match will catapult either fighter onto the next stage of their career should they win, as it will either start or continue an undefeated streak.

145: Mark Berry (1-0) v Waylon Jones (1-1)

This featherweight bout is going to rely on Mark Berry developing the ability to finish a fight, and hope to repeat the last defeat of Waylon Jones in which he was beat by Cal Gehrig in just forty-one seconds of the first round, or Jones locking in a submission in just over a minute like he did in last minute to pick up the win. With Berry's last match which was against a Jiu-Jitsu purple belt going to decision it is questionable whether or not he can stop a match, but it also brings into question if Jones will be able to finish the fight by submission as well. If the fight stays standing it is very well possible that "Bones" Berry will score a knockout, but if the fight goes to decision it all depends upon how much time is spent on the ground and what Jones is able to do with that time.

185: Pat Pasi (1-0) v Michael Bisbing (1-0)

The "Demolition Man" Pasi and "The Count" Michael Bisbing will look to both run through each other in this middleweight fight. With both men finishing off their last opponents in the first round, Pasi scoring a knockout by head kick in just over a minute and Bisbing scoring his by punches in just over three, it looks like this one is going to be kept standing even though it looks like Bisbing has a clear advantage on his feet and Pat Pasi has the advantage on the ground with his purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu. This fight is going to end the amazing start that both these fighters have come to the arena with, and it is only a question of if it will be by a crushing KO or a crushing decision.

205: Jason Sandrom (2-1) v Rico Nahkout (2-1)

The second light-heavyweight fight of the night has Jason Sandrom, with a record of two and one, going against Rico Nahkout, with an identical record. Both men have won a fight due to unanimous decision and submission, but have also lost fights due to strikes, Sandrom's coming by TKO and Nahkout's by submission. It is probable that this fight will end up on the ground, but if either fighter has hidden striking skills this might be the time for them to shine as it will likely be the difference maker. After both fighters have had their good starts wrecked it is now the chance for one of them to bounce back and pull away from the pack. I would expect a TKO or submission in the second round, or a unanimous decision, if this fight doesn't end up with a NC due to Sandrom missing weight.

265: Chad Ocho Cinco (3-1) v Heavy Hands (1-0)

Chad Ocho Cinco has won three of his matches by submission, two of which ended in the last few minutes of the first round, although he has a reputation as a striker. His only loss comes by way of decision to Jon Jones, a Jiu-Jitsu purple belt who was able to do little other than stop the submission attempts of Ocho Cinco after taking him down. Heavy Hands was able to finish off his first and only opponent in just under a minute in the first round by armbar after a nice takedown. If he is able to defend against the striking of Ocho Cinco and exploit his weak takedown defense he just might be able to get a win by either submission or decision which would be a big win for such a new fighter. No matter what happens this is sure to be a good match-up.

155: Kristofir Wright (3-0) v Joe Gracie (3-1)

The main event pits the undefeated Kristofir Wright against the three-and-oh Joe Gracie. Both men are coming off of a three win streak, all of which are submissions. Both men have made it into the third round, and have also won after having gone that far. The only disadvantage Joe Gracie has is that his only loss was by submission, showing that he is susceptable to the attempts of Wright. This fight could end at any time with the submission skills of both these fighters, but will most likely end up on the ground and with a submission. The deciding factor will be takedown offense and defense, ground work, as well as submission defense.

TDC Weekend Recap by Eric Murphy

Total Destruction Combat had a great weekend as The Underground played host to 3 sold out shows of non-stop mixed martial arts action.

Without further ado, here are the much anticipated awards for each fight:

Fight Night 2

Fight of the Night: Pablo Condor vs. Reza Madadi

Knockout of the Night: Kristofa NappyNaps

Submission of the Night: None

TDC 4

Fight of the Night: Jonni van der Bash vs. Leandro Marcus

Knockout of the Night: Christian Cage

Submission of the Night: Jonni van der Bash

TDC 5

Fight of the Night: Vic Vinegar vs. Frank Jordan

Knockout of the Night: Minowa Man

Submission of the Night: Vic Vinegar

Award winners will be receiving a monetary bonus for each award. In addition, in the next few days they will be receiving sponsorships from both Biopharm Nutrition and Hellbent, Inc., the top nutrition and clothing companies in New York City.

Fight Night 2 Recap

Fight Night 2 was brought to you by Biopharm Nutrition, with the top energy supplement (151 quality) in New York City.

It was ironic that the poster for the event showed a rear naked choke, because there wasn't a single submission tonight. After the first two matches of the night, there were a crowd-pleasing eight knockouts in a row. A lot of fighters went home with broken jaws.

The best knockout of the night went to Kristofa NappyNaps, who ended the match barely a minute into the bout with a skull-crunching knee to the head. The fight was practically over as soon as NappyNaps initiated the Thai clinch, where Faye was quite helpless as he was pummeled with elbows and knees alike after failing to escape.

The Fight of the Night went to debuting fighters, Rezi Madadi and Pablo Condor in the lightweight division. Both fighters came out extremely aggressive, with Madadi looking all night long for the takedown and then the submission. Condor mixed it up with his fists on the feet and submission attempts on the ground. Madadi's gameplan didn't quite work out, as his first takedown immediately led to Condor reversing his way into the top position. His last takedown was also the end of the line for him - Condor countered with a swinging uppercut with Fedor vs. Rogers pop. The crowd came to its feet to salute the fighters for a six minutes packed full of action.

In the light heavyweight division, Culligan Iswater made his first title defense against a 1-0 Jack Zimmer. Iswater had retained his belt from the previous organization, and it was essential for him to prove that he deserved it with his 1-1 record. A mere 70 seconds into the fight, Iswater let go with a crazy superman punch that connected squarely with Zimmer's jaw. Down he went, and Iswater has brought himself one step closer to proving that the belt is well-deserved. It was definitely among the top 3 knockouts of the night. Expect to see him defend his title soon against the up-and-comer Heavy Hands next.

The co-main event of the night pitted Damien Newsome against Zach Xanax. Both fighters were looking for their second win, but it was pretty obvious from the beginning Newsome had the advantage coming into this one. Xanax had just been released by his manager, and had absolutely no one in his corner. He came out swinging with a combo that ended in a counter knockout in five seconds. Not a very good showcase for Newsome, who's eagerly looking for that first title shot. If he wins his next fight against Yoshia Thiago at TDC 10 in crowd-pleasing fashion, that dream may very well become reality.

Dan Yardy vs. Abbath Immortal was definitely the main draw for the fans who packed into The Underground this Friday night. Both fighters had tons of potential, but only one would emerge undefeated. It was obvious from the beginning that Immortal decided he couldn't stand with Yardy, and his plan was to take it to the ground at all costs. Yardy's plan was to have target practice with Immortal's face. After rocking his opponent, it looked like Yardy was going to execute an arm triangle for the first submission of the night, but it was not to be. Not that it mattered, because a few seconds later he countered a takedown with a visceral punch, sending Immortal crashing to the ground, and proving that he was merely mortal, after all.

TDC 4 Recap

TDC 4 was definitely a card packed full of action as 8 fights ended with a decisive victory, and unlike Fight Night 2, it was evenly between submissions and knockouts.

The knockout of the night was by newcomer Christian Cage by punch to the noggin only 40 seconds into the first round. Tuza Mamuza was the unfortunate victim. This fight was the classic clash of styles, with Mamuza the purple belt unsuccessfully looking to take down Cage the white belt. He paid for his failure dearly, as he will be nursing that hole in his head for a while.

The most anticipated match of the night on the undercard was definitely between Mario Ramires (2-0) and Milo Samurian (2-1). Ramires came into the fight with extremely solid boxing and ground and pound skills, whereas Samurian was the jack of all trades, master of none. The fight did not disappoint as it was packed with action. Samurian's plan was to clearly pull guard and work from there. He managed to do that, but found himself immediately in very compromising positions. The fight almost ended in the first round, as Samurian was mounted and taking devastating shots from Ramires, only to be saved by the bell. The second round ended the way the first round almost did -- with Ramires mounting Samurian and destroying him with ground and pound, forcing a ref stoppage, Ramires moved to 3-0 and vaulted himself to the #5 ranked light heavyweight in Hilo.

Two fighters looking for their third win, Bully Burks and Brad Johnson squared off in a welterweight showdown for the co-main event of the night. Burks was by far the stronger puncher, but Johnson was shifty the entire fight, managing not to get hit even once. This fight was won and lost on the ground, where Johnson managed to maintain top position most of the night, landing vicious elbows and punches in guard and half guard, but unable to finish Burks, who looked like he might have been in trouble more than once. However, it was Burks who pulled off the Guillotine in the 2nd round after multiple failed submission attempts. With this victory, Burks has guaranteed himself a title shot against Marcus Dent at TDC 10. That should definitely be one of the better fights in Hilo history.

The main event of the night saw "The Juggernaught" Jonni van der Bash defend his belt and honor in the 145 division against up-and-comer Leandro Marcus. This was unquestionably the Fight of the Night, as both fighters got standing ovations from the crowd afterwards. Van Der Bash worked his strategy perfectly, as he clinched throughout the course of the fight, where he landed knee after knee to the helpless Marcus. Marcus, on the other hand, wanted the fight to go the ground, bad. He got what he wanted several times. Once on the ground, he worked some ground and pound, but van der Bash was never in any real trouble. Marcus's strategy backfired on him in the 4th round when van der Bash took Marcus's back and performed a crisp rear naked choke while yelling, "I'm the Juggernaught, bitch!" Can you say Submission of the Night? van der Bash secured his position as #1 Featherweight in Hilo. Look for him to defend his title next against the mysterious Heihachi Michima.

TDC 5 Recap

TDC 5, even though it sold out The Underground, where 1,000 rabid, drooling MMA fans gathered to see Gracie face off against Wright, was rather a disappointing event overall. First, Jason Sandrom, whose manager has been missing in action for some time, failed to make weight in one of the more anticipated matches on the undercard. He got pelted with rotten vegetables by the fans when he tried making an appearance at The Underground. Don't let this happen to your fighters, folks.

Second, there was only one knockout and submission during the entire night! I'll give you one guess as to which were the SOTN and KOTN. Hint: Minowa Man knocking out Master Fu in 14 seconds and Vic Vinegar choking out Frank Jordan are your only options.

The latter also happened to be Fight of the Night. Frank Jordan really came in trying to be the jack of all trades, and this was his undoing in the end. Even though he managed to punch, kick, knee, and otherwise maul Vinegar all night long, his mistake came in the opening seconds of the 2nd round as he did Vinegar's dirty work for him and took him down straight into his guard. Up to that point, Vinegar had 11 failed takedowns. Oh yeah, Vinegar is a purple belt. Jordan is a white belt. Oops, triangle choke.

In the co-main of the night two heavyweights looked to end each other on the ground. Chad Ocho Cinco (3-1) took on Heavy Hands (1-0) in a battle of takedowns and failed submission attempts. Once on the ground, it was futility for both fighters as they battled for positioning, yet both were unable to land a single strike, or submit the other. I think in the end the judges looked more favorably on Hands' 10 takedowns vs. Ocho Cinco's 2, and that was what secured him the 30:27 victory on all three judge's cards. He'll get a shot at the heavyweight title next against Culligan Iswater.

Kristofir Wright (3-0) vs. Joe Gracie (3-1) was another submission fest on the ground. Gracie the blue belt dared to take on the brown belt Wright in a chess match of Brazilian jiu-jitsu. The fighters had six submission victories between them, but it was not to end in a tapout this time. Gracie landed five takedowns to Wright's zero, but Wright managed to stay in top position and land a few strikes in rounds 1 and 3. Since it was hard to determine the winner based purely on the number of failed submissions, it was clearly the positioning and control on the ground that mattered as the judges all scored the bout 29:28 in favor of Wright. Wright improves to 4-0 and gets a title shot in a few weeks against the winner of Penn-Praegitzer at TDC 7.

TDC Fight Night 3 Preview by VacationMode Hernan

Good evening MMA fans. Welcome to this special preview of TDC Fight Night 3, brought to you by VacationMode Hernan. Do you want to know who's the favorite? Then this is the place to get answers to your questions. This is where we break down and analyze the most interesting fights from the upcoming TDC Fight Night 3.

145: Randy Castro (1-0) v Wanderlei Bain (1-2-0)

Randy Castro doesn’t really have that one special discipline or style of fighting that he’s good at. Yet, he still managed to dominate in his last fight and make his opponent look like a kid who doesn’t know how to fight at all. Wanderlei Bain is a Muay Thai specialist who loves to throw elbows and knees in the clinch. He also has a devastating head kick that can put even the most determined man on this planet to sleep. Bain has weak takedown defense and submission defense, and there’s no doubt that Castro is gonna look to exploit those holes that Bain has in order to maximize his chances of winning. While Bain has to follow one simple gameplan, and that’s to force Castro to fight him in the clinch for the entire three rounds of the fight.

170: Sen Jacken (0-0) v Angel Suarez (0-1-1)

This is gonna be a do or die fight for Angel Suarez, whether he’s good enough to still fight in MMA or just retire and find other boring jobs in order to feed the mouths in his family. Meanwhile, Sen Jacken’s fighting style is very much the same as Randy Castro. Woeful boxing, feeble Muay Thai, woeful wrestling, and BJJ blue belt. It’s like they are twins or something. Well let’s just hope that Jacken is as good as his mirror image when it comes to fighting. There’s no clear favorite in this fight and Sen Jacken is still a big mystery to the MMA community, but one thing's for sure, this is gonna be an action packed fight.

265+: Fedor Bain (1-0) v Eddy Bengtsson (1-0)

A very special Super Heavyweight fighter by the name of Fedor Bain is gonna go up against Eddy Bengtsson. Bain has a purple belt in BJJ which makes him superior against other fighters on the ground but that doesn’t mean that he sucks at stand-up. In fact, he is a very solid boxer that has heavy hands to knock his opponent out in just a blink of an eye. Eddy Bengtsson is a wrestler that loves to pick his opponent up and slam them to the mat but in my opinion, he’s gonna be in a lot of trouble in this fight against Bain simply because his style of fighting is tailor made to lose against a guy like Bain. The only way that he’s gonna win this fight is if he somehow manages to take Bain down and survive his barrage of submissions for 3 full rounds.

170: Edgar Reynolds (1-0) v Christian Drake (2-0)

For the co-main event we have Edgar Reynolds, a well-rounded fighter that has KO power and good takedown offense in his arsenal. He dominated his last opponent to earn an impressive unanimous decision victory. He’s fighting against a scary Jiu-jitsu artist who holds two submission victories in his last two fights. Christian Drake is a purple belt in BJJ and has good takedown offense to complement his skill on the ground. Reynolds will probably want this fight to stay on its feet and knock Drake out before it ever gets to the ground because Drake has a significant advantage against him there. Drake has to maintain his composure and wait for the right opportunity to take Reynolds down, otherwise he’s gonna eat some devastating punches along the way. If he manages to take Reynolds down, he’ll probably win the fight.

185: Reggie Stone (2-0) v James Rage (2-0)

The main event features two undefeated fighters trying to make their way up the Middleweight ladder. Reggie Stone v James Rage is gonna be a tactical battle. Stone is a proficient boxer who’s also great in the clinch game. He’s a heavy handed fighter who’s only good at one thing, knocking out people. He’s gonna go up against a brawler, James Rage, a competent boxer and Muay Thai fighter that possesses KO power in both of his hands. For Stone to win this one, he has to impose his will by taking Rage down to the mat over and over again because Rage doesn’t really have good takedown defense. The other strategy is just try to out box him. Rage's only advantage is in Muay Thai, but I don’t think that the clinch game will be one of them, because I haven’t seen him utilize the clinch while Stone is very good at it. So, he’s definitely gonna come out swinging and try to earn an early KO victory.

TDC 6: Rumble in Paradise Preview by Nutmeg Jefferson

Good Morning Hilo! I hope you are all prepared for what is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated events in TDC history because if you aren't then the tension alone may just cut you in half and punch your girlfriend right between the eyes just for not paying attention!

265+: Tomas Ivanovic (0-0) v Pete Gonzalez (0-0)

Tonight we have Tomas Ivanovic and Pete Gonzalez setting the bar for TDC with a Super Heavyweight slugfest which may just shake the very foundations of the beautiful Hayashi's Lounge so keep hold of those preliminary warm up drinks because the last thing we need is sober fans right?!

Tomas' dedicated all-round approach may just pay off for him tonight against crippling mat skills of Gonzalez if he can just keep him feet firmly on the ground! I guess we will just have to wait and see which of these two up and coming stars will be celebrating their debut victory and maybe the start of the long road towards the most sought after trophy in TDC!

145: Brian Maddox (0-0) v Brian Prickett (0-1)

Next we take the jump from heavyweight to featherweight as two more new and exciting fighters take to the cage and throw down everything they have for your viewing pleasure. These two men are Brian Maddox and Brian Prickett and they are by no means to be taken lightly! Prickett is the underdog coming into this bout due to his previous defeat at the hands of another submission specialist but he promises us that he has been training intensely and will not suffer the same fate tonight as 'MadDog' Maddox will be looking to pull him apart like soft bread and sell the chunks on eBaY.

155: Tsotsa Alvario (0-0) v Richard Cooper (0-0)

Now we step up to the 155 division and two more fresh faces are looking to make a name in TDC with Tsota Alvario and Richard Cooper! The youngster Alvario will be looking to neutralise Cooper's effective boxing and groundwork with a mix of muay thai and some floor skills of his own. This fight can be best summed up by a quote from Richard Cooper himself at a pre fight interview with TDC reporter Areola Dongswallow: "The fight will either be won standing, or on the ground."

Will Alvario's muay thai be able to topple the infinitely wise and focused Cooper? Only tonight will tell as both fighters will be looking to prove their worth and scale the ranks opponent by opponent leaving a trail of battered bodies wherever they go.

170: Matthew Inglis (1-1) v Jeffrey Jones (1-1)

A battle of the boxers will be coming up next as Matthew Inglis and Jeffrey Jones knock heads inside the cage in our first 170lb fight of the evening and both fighters are looking to prove that they are future champion material. Both fighters boast the ability to finish a fight standing and on the mat so be prepared to be kept on the edge of your seat because this one is just too difficult to call right now people!

145: Cal Gehrig (1-2) v Razor Houghtino (1-0)

On to our second featherweight matchup of this evening with Razor 'Boom Boom' Houghtinho trying to topple the extraordinary boxing skills of 'The Ironman' Cal Gehrig. Both fighters will be looking to collect the teeth of their opponent after the dust settles in what promises to be an epic battle for the ages right here in Hilo for the entertainment of the masses. So grab a frosty beer, sit back and enjoy the show as two of TDC's shining hopefuls shoot for a massive knockout that may bring the venue down with it!

205: Big Smash (1-0) v Spike Geoffrey (0-0)

As the show reaches the halfway stage we have a titanic bout between the Canadian superstar in the making Big 'Smashem' Smash and the Italian stallion Spike 'Jacko' Geoffrey! Smashem is walking into this bout a more experienced fighter with hardened boxing and ground skills and may be looking to twist his opponent into a pretzel on the mat while Jacko will be trying to utilise his lethal mix of boxing and muay thai to stop Smash in his tracks before the fight takes a horizontal turn. One thing is for sure, you don't want to miss a moment of the carnage which is destined to unfold right here!

155: Gordon Davidson (1-1) v Benisato Rage (1-1)

If that didn't whet your appetite for destruction we have two of TDC's finest ground fighters coming up next as Gordon Davidson and Benisato Rage will be baying for another victory to add under their blue belts and maybe even submission of the night! We are in for a treat as this is bound to be a fine display of mat work as Davidson and Rage try and pull each others limbs off at the joints!

170: Jo Murdoch (1-0) v Top Dog (1-0)

As we tread ever closer to tonights main event the big guns are stepping up and these two fighters are no exception! Jo Murdoch, the hairiest and scariest Scotsman ever to grace TDC's elite ranks will be squaring off against Hilo's own golden boy Top Dog for a chance to take a leap into the illustrious hall of fame! Murdoch will be looking to prove his dominance as one of the most well rounded fighters we have seen to date as Dog will be looking to use his superior wrestling to his advantage and from there try to finish the fight with either some brutal ground and pound or try for the submission but either way we have one hell of a battle ahead of us as I can guarantee Murdoch will not lay down without first demonstrating his explosive boxing and muay thai! Get ready for a white knuckle ride which will have you begging for more!

265: Brad Maynard (2-0) v Wullie Rogers (2-0)

Guess what? There is more! A whole lot more in fact as now we move on to our co-main event of the night! This next match up may just decide who we will see fighting it out for the 265lb title very soon so make sure you are taking notes as Brad 'TNT' Maynard fixes to take down 'The Bouncer' Wullie Rogers in what experts claim may be 'almost too much excitement for any mere mortal' here in Hilo tonight. Its been a short but sweet road leading up to tonight's fight as each pugilist has netted 2 previous victories and suffered no losses to date. It really is an unstoppable force against an immovable object as TNT will be using his spectacular skills in both boxing and BJJ to try and topple The Bouncer and his impenetrable fortress of ground work! Both fighters have been training non-stop with some of the best fighters in Hilo and both are more than pumped to tear each other apart so try not to blink even once sports fans!

265+: Braulio Maia (2-0) v Ivo Havaino (2-0)

It's now time for our headline event of the night and time for people to start hiding under their seats as Braulio Maia and Ivo Havaiano are due to collide at the pinnacle of TDC's star studded event. Now these two fighters again have managed to remain undefeated at this point in time but couldn't be any more different when it comes to style! Maia has been called a 'submissions genius' by top MMA trainer Franz Noodlebach and has proven himself every step of the way as a prodigy of our time while keeping out of spotlight but tonight one man stands in his way and that man packs one hell of a punch and just will not cease when he smells blood! Havaiano has given us plenty of footage for the highlight reels in the past and he definately isnt done yet! Trained by some of the best boxers the world has ever seen Ivo is the fire to Braulio's ice and as tonight's grand spectacle comes to an end, one of these men must fall so place your bets now and prepare for TDC to take your breath away with yet another showstopping finish!

TDC 7 Preview by Eric Last

TDC 7: Annihilation looks to help seperate a number of fighters from their respective packs. A number of undefeated fighters will clash, and those who have been struggling look to start to get the ball rolling against fighters in the same predictament. In a co-Main Event that might happen to steal the show, BJ Penn defends his title against Josh Praegitzer. When Sean Price finally meets Bobby Flay in the Main Event, however, Penn and Praegitzer may just look like a warm-up.

185: Billy "Luke" Bad Ass (0-0) v Khadis "Tiger" Meloulli (1-0)

With two brown belts in jiu-jitsu taking each other on it is safe to say that this one will end up on the ground. The only question is if the Tiger's slight experience will help him add another submission victory to his resume, or if Billy Bad Ass will start off his career with a win.

185: Shane "Rudey" McDonald (1-1) v Freddy "Darling Do" White (1-0)

While Darling Do has a bit of an advantage on the ground, Rudey has a large advantage on the feet. This is a classic striker versus grappler match, but McDonald has shown his ability on the ground with his only win being by submission as well. In the end, this fight just might come down to pure skill.

155: Bruce "SHO NUFF" Leeroy (1-0) v Lou Zar (1-0)

Sho Nuff and Lou Zar are both undefeated so far in their early careers, but soon one of them will lose the right to say that. With both men coming out with unanimous decision wins in their first outings it is no doubt that they can both go the distance, but their performance in the later rounds and their ability to finish matches are. Sho Nuff seems to have a slight advantage on the ground, and Lou Zar a slight advantage on his feet. If Lou Zar is able to use his takedown defense to set up flurries and keep the fight off of the ground he might just end up coming out with a win here. Bruce Leeroy is going to have to look for takedowns consistently while trying to wear down his opponent, and eventually lock in a submission in order to finish this one. All in all this should be the first very interesting fight of the card.

155: Flash "KO" Rage (1-0) v Dougie "Decision" Inglis (1-1)

Despite his name, Dougie "Decision" Inglis has never had a fight go to decision. In his first fight he was defeated by submission, and won his second match with a TKO. Flash "KO" Rage, similarly, also has not scored a KO yet in his career, but instead has won by submission. Rage should look to make Inglis tap, and also maybe think about changing his nickname to "Tapout", or "Tap" for short, if things keep going this way.

155: The "Brutal" Champ (2-1) v Jo "Bigjo" Big (1-0)

With his wrestling and muay thai it is possible that Jo Big will be able to keep the fight on the feet, which would be what he wants, and take advantage of the weak chin that The Champ showed in his only loss to date. If The Champ is able to get BigJo to the ground he may be able to grab another submission victory to go along with his other two. Jo Big's last opponent was as high if not higher a caliber opponent than The Champ is, so the only real question is if he will walk away with a (T)KO or a decision. Then again it is possible that The Champ will surprise us by surprising Jo Big, and outscore him, or even make him tap.

205: "Funky" Simon Junk (1-0) v Bam Ulysses (1-0)

In this light heavyweight bout it seems as though Simon Junk has the clear advantage, having an outstanding stand-up in comparison to Ulysses as well as a comparable ground game. However, Bam Ulysses has his wrestling going for him, meaning that he might be capable of taking Junk down at will, either to make Funky tire himself out trying to get up or to avoid an onslaught. Even then it is possible that Bam Ulysses could lock in a submission and take this one home, but that is only if "Funky" Junk doesn't have a takedown or submission defense that can handle a fighter with skills such as Bam. This match could either be an exciting showcase of MMA, or a good grappling exhibition.

135: "The Stank" Stan Stoole (1-0) v ronny "no doubt" myers (1-0)

Although both undefeated fighters have wins by way of submission, this fight is going to be a battle between boxing and muay thai for the most part. Neither man may be able to finish the fight out of striking, but using their attacks they will wear down their opponents and possibly set them up for takedowns and then some work on the ground, which could either be a nice ground and pound or a run for a submission. With their comparable ground games it would be most likely if this match ended up with a TKO or a decision, though one of the two may show that they have the ability to end a fight by KO, or that their submission game is above the others.

170: "Thunderlips" Morgan Priest (1-0) v Luca "Deadly" de Silva (1-0)

Both fighters have been able to make it to the third round, but it was de Silva who was able to walk away with a TKO victory while Priest had to settle for a unanimous decision. De Silva's muay thai will be the biggest obstacle for Priest, but his top notch boxing might be able to go up against it. If all else fails he could always try to takedown de Silva with his superior wrestling, though the question of whether or not Thunderlips has a ground game comes into play. With submissions being doubtful he may have to resort to some ground and pound, and then the question of if he can finish a fight comes into play. This is a test for both men; Priest must be able to either finish a fighter who is going to bring the fight to him, or he is going to have to at least hang in there with him, and de Silva is going to try to finish off a tough opponent.

155: BJ Penn (3-0) v Josh "El Matador" Praegitzer (4-0)

Unlike many of the other clashes between fighters who are undefeated, these two have streaks to back them up. All combined seven wins have come by the way of submission, with a majority of Penn's being a triangle choke and Praegitzer's being a rear naked choke. Neither fighter has striking skills to speak of, although Praegitzer is rumored to cut easily, and so it will likely turn into a battle on the ground. It seems that Praegitzer will actually have the advantage with that as well, as his wrestling skills will allow him to stay on his feet while also taking down BJ when he wants to. Whether or not he would be able to submit BJ or even run a risk of getting submitted himself is not out of the question, but it would be more of an advantage than a disadvantage. With Praegitzer having taken on much greater strikers than Penn and survived, though, it is doubtful that Penn will be able to rock El Matador, or even just cut him bad enough to stop the fight. At the same time Penn has taken on fighters with greater ground games and managed to not only not get submitted, but also submit them. Either fighter could score a submission, but in the end this fight will likely go to a decision that could also go either way, depending upon who is able to keep the most control throughout the fight. Penn has more to lose, as while both are putting their undefeated streaks on the line he also risks losing his title, so it is possible that he will be able to pull this one off by submission through nothing but will.

265: Sean Price (3-0) v Bobby "Iron Chef" Flay (4-1)

This match is going to be nothing short of a clash. Price has been able to submit two good strikers in the first round, although neither was nearly as skilled as Bobby Flay is. His last match ended with a unanimous decision in his favor, though that match was against a fellow grappler. If there is any weakness in Flay it is his lack of submission defense, his only loss coming from tapping out to an armbar in under a minute of the first round. The best thing that Price can hope for is a quick and easy takedown to submission transition. Although he has two unanimous decision wins on his record, Flay also has a KO and a TKO in the first round. Iron Chef will clearly look to keep this fight off of the ground while Price will look for the exact opposite, and the only question is whether Flay will be able to knock out Price before Price is able to take Flay down. This fight will more likely come down to defensive abilities rather than offensive ones.

Fight Night 3 Awards

Fight of the Night: Marvin Hearns vs. Angus Killreign

Submission of the Night: Freddy Flight Layover

Knockout of the Night: Marvin Hearns

Award winners can expect a sponsorship from Biopharm Nutrition, the top nutrition company in New York City, as well as a monetary bonus from me in the next few days. Unfortunately, Hellbent, our other sponsor, has closed shop. I am currently looking for a replacement. If you know of any potential partners, please let me know.

Fight Night 3 Recap by Hallam Walker

A capacity crowd packed the Underground this Friday and were treated to a fantastic night of frantic MMA action! Hallam Walker looks back to separate the heavy hitters from the canvas kissers!

170: Hilo BJJ (0-0) v Marc Andre Leisson (0-2)

Leisson was looking to learn from his mistakes and pick up a first win against determined debutant Hilo BJJ, which made for a breathless first bout of the evening. Periods of messy striking were punctuated in the first round by BJJ's seemingly effortless takedowns. BJJ seemed on a mission to pick up points and break Leisson's spirit as takedown after takedown was almost immediately followed by BJJ's return to standing. The second round mirrored the first with only a solid counter head kick from Leisson as a warning that BJJ would not have it all his own way. With two rounds in the bag BJJ could be forgiven for his more cautious final round, Leisson remained unconvincing, seemingly unwilling to commit himself for fear of another takedown. With a sloppy arm triangle attempt by BJJ the final act of the fight it was left to the judges who gave BJJ a debut Unanimous Decision victory and left Leisson still looking for a first win.

155: Takehide Nakatani (0-1) v Freddy Flight Layover (0-2)

Both fighters came into this fight looking to pick up a first career victory and although only one of them could, they both learn valuable lessons. Flight Layover learnt that you don't have to control the fight to win it and Nakatani learn that variety is the spice of life, or at least he should have. The first round was a lesson in Jiu-Jitsu defence as Nakatani scored a pair of takedowns with each leading to plethora of submission attempts. Kimuras, triangles, chokes but Flight Layover defended them all with apparent ease until the bell leaving Nakatani with a slight lead on the scorecards. Nakatani's gameplan didn't change one bit as the second round saw him take down Flight Layover, fail a kimura attempt and follow it up with a botched arm bar allowing Flight Layover to transition his way to the top in side control. From here Nakatani found himself being locked into a text book kimura and tapping to give Flight Layover the win and the Submission of the Night Award.

205: Marvin Hearns (0-0) v Angus Killreign (0-1)

What looked like a massacre after two punches turned into a fight of the night bout between heavy handed Hearns and tough as nails Killreign. Both fighters met in the centre of the cage and a vicious cross followed by a thunderous upper cut from Hearns had Killreign seeing stars and on the mat. Killreign pulled together his remaining functioning brain cells and recovered well, forcing a referee's stand up after Hearns had moved in for the kill. Only a brief reprieve for Killreign as a pair of big right hands saw him hit the canvas once more just after the minute mark. Killreign continued to flirt with defeat as Hearns got the full mount, attempted a couple of rear naked chokes and returned to full mount before the referee once again brought the fighters to their feet. A flurry of accurate if not deadly combinations from Hearns left Killreign still looking to mount any serious offense as the round ended. The second was no better for Killreign who walked into another storm of punches with a knee out of no where sandwiched between the hooks and uppercuts leaving him on the mat for the final time. It had been a herculean effort to survive the first round but the second was a round too far as Hearns picked up the Knock Out and Fight of the Night Awards.

135: Pat Money (0-0) v Kevin Cooley (0-1)

Approaching this fight many had felt Money's lanky frame and Cooley's good takedown meant that this would be a case of Money simply keeping Cooley at bay and picking away with his superior reach but this was far from how it played out. A succession of poor takedown attempts from Cooley to open the round were met by more successful if not devastating attempts from Money, all resulting in minimal action and a return to standing. It was Money who came out of the blocks with a takedown to start the second and probably now wishes he hadn't. A fluid escape from Cooley left Money in danger of one of his long limbs being caught in a submission by the shorter fighter, and unfortunately this was the case. Moving too quickly for Money to even react Cooley locked in the arm bar for a first MMA victory.

185: Grambo Sanders (0-0) v Freddi Zen (0-0)

Grambo Sanders battled his way to a to a deserved Unanimous Decision victory in his first fight in an entertaining if not inspiring fight. Zen probably had the better of the opening exchanges both standing and on the mat, defending Sanders takedowns well and controlling matters on the floor. The second and third rounds clearly belonged to Sanders however as he hit his takedowns when they mattered and landed some solid ground and pound. Zen was left frustrated and the judges were slowly sliding the points towards Sanders who had the last word with a big right hand that confirmed his victory on the judges 'scorecards.

145: Randy Castro (1-0) v Wanderlie Bain (1-2)

If the crowd were looking for a return to the frantic and wild action of the first fights after the slower paced war of attrition between Sanders and Zen, they were going to have to wait at least another 15 minutes as Castro and Bain put on what is quite possibly not only the dullest fight in TDC history but in the entire history of MMA. The opening round was 5 minutes of two men hugging each other angrily as they repeatedly clinched with neither attempting a shot or scoring a takedown. In comparison to the first, the second round was positively scintillating with Castro landing a single leg kick and scoring a successful takedown as the audience began to boo louder and louder with disdatisfaction. With the crowd on their backs and the fight evenly (and boringly) balanced it would have been nice to see one or both of the fighters come out swinging and stop this ridiculous clinch-fest.....this didn't happen. As the booing continued the fight went to the judges who managed to pay attention long enough to score the bout in Bain's favour. Surely the first time any fight has been won by a fighter who didn't throw a single meaningful shot or attempt a submission.

170: Sen Jacken (0-0) v Angel Suarez (0-1-1)

With a welcome, and slightly relieved, cheer from the fans Jacken came storming out of his corner dropping Surez with a devastating combination. Unbelievably with blood clearly in the water he allowed Suarez to return to his feet. A successful takedown from Suarez a minute in resulted in a sloppy leg lock attempt from Jacken which was easily defended before grappling for several minutes and returning to their feet. Suarez had the last word in the round with a big right but as the horn sounded it was Jacken who would be more satisfied with the last 5 minutes. Suarez dominated the second rather uneventful round, landing some meaningful leg kicks and worrying Jacken with a kimura attempt but the fight would go to a 3rd and final round. The third round saw Jacken score two takedowns to Suarez' one. In a slow and tactical round with both men seemingly nervous about over committing it soon became apparent that the judges would again have to earn their fee, with Jacken picking up a narrow but Unanimous Decision victory.

265: Fedor Bain (1-0) v Eddy Bengtsson (1-0)

Text book use of the jab by Bain frustrated Bengtsson from the off who responded to getting cut on the nose early by shooting for the takedown. Succeeding in taking his opponent down his frustration was further compounded by Bain's activity off his back which left Bengtsson fending off a triangle attempt followed by an arm bar before being swept beautifully by Bain. Advancing the position to full mount, Bengtsson had no reply to Bain's ground and pound and despite defending himself well against a sloppy kimura attempt he was caught in a vice like anaconda choke. Pride comes before the fall, or rather in this case of Bengtsson before going purple and passing out, as he refused to tap and was left unconscious on the canvas as Bain went 2-0 with an impressive first round submission..

170: Edgar Reynolds (1-0) v Christian Drake (2-0)

Christian Drake's gameplan for this fight became apparent very early on in this bout as a succession of takedown attempts finally took Reynolds to the canvas where upon he was attacked with a trio of submission attempts set up by some relentless ground and pound that left Reynolds constantly defending himself against something new. If Drake was unsubtle in his tactics, takedown, sub attempt, pound, sub attempt, pound....etc he was lethally effective as with just under 3 minutes gone in the round he caught Reynolds in a fight ending Americana that left him no choice but to tap. An impressive display of Drake's ground game takes him to 3-0 and a fighter not to be taken lightly here in TDC.

185: Reggie Stone (2-0) v James Rage (2-0)

If the size difference between these fighters was obvious, the difference in ability was not. Stone drew first blood with a stiff right hand following a slow clinch laden start to the fight. From there the round progressed slowly as both fighters through shots but neither failed to land anything telling. The second round started with fireworks as Rage countered Stone's attempted jabs with a vicious head kick that blasted Stone to the ground, but fatigue and lack of confidence seemed to prevent Rage going in for the kill. A minute or so of cuddling on the ground forced the referee to stand the pair up where they resumed their steady exchange of blows, but again neither was landing killer shots. The final round saw even less action than the preceding rounds as the gassed pair seemed content to fight for the decision. Rage threw a vicious knee from the clinch to Stone's body but it was Stone who controlled the final round with effective use of the clinch and grinded out a 2 rounds to 1 victory on the scorecards to take the Unanimous Decision.

TDC 6 Awards

Fight of the Night: Jo Murdoch vs. Top Dog

Submission of the Night: Braulio Maia

Knockout of the Night: Big Smash

Award winners can expect a sponsorship from Biopharm Nutrition, the top nutrition company in New York City, as well as a monetary bonus from me in the next few days. Unfortunately, Hellbent, our other sponsor, has closed shop. I am currently looking for a replacement. If you know of any potential partners, please let me know

TDC 6 Recap by Hallam Walker

Saturday's TDC 6: Rumble In Paradise saw the return to Hilo of top class MMA action. Sorting the sinners from the saints is Hallam Walker.

265+: Tomas Ivanovic (0-0) v Pete Gonzalez (0-0)

In a battle of Goliath vs Super Goliath, 175cm 300lb Pete Gonzalez took on the frightening specimen of a man 210cm 300lb Croatian Tomas Ivanovic, in what proved to be a short but entertaining clash of styles. Ivanovic came flying out of the traps throwing heavy hands that left Gonzalez retreating and bleeding. Utilising his superior movement Gonzalez avoided most of Ivanovic's shots and bided his time waiting for the right moment to counter with a trip takedown just after the one minute mark. Falling straight into half guard, Ivanovic's woeful Jiu-Jitsu was clear for all to see as Gonzalez locked in the kimura with ease and picked up a debut submission win.

145: Brian Maddox (0-0) v Brian Prickett (0-1)

Brian Maddox must surely be thinking that MMA is a lot easier than people make out after picking up a debut win in just 18 seconds against Brian Prickett. Landing a terrific takedown with the first move of the round Maddox proceeded by locking in the kimura from half guard that left Prickett with no choice but to tap. An impressive first fight from Maddox who looks like one to watch here in TDC.

155: Tsota Alvario (0-0) v Richard Cooper (0-0)

Richard Cooper picked up the Unanimous Decision victory with an impressive performance against Tsota Alvario. Finding success early with the takedown the fight went back and forth as both fighters looked to advance positions leaving both vulnerable to sweeps on a couple of occasions. Working to full mount at the three minute mark, Cooper began to unload on Alvario with vicious ground and pound that would have easily have finished opponents with less heart than Alvario. As the first round ended there was no doubt in anyone's minds who had won the round, and won it comfortably. The second round went the way of the first with Cooper successful in the takedown and peppering Tsota with shots to the head and body from a varity of positions. Throwing in submission attempts between showers of shots it was testament to Alvario's heart, conditioning and submission defence that the fight didn't end in the second. Needing to do something big in the third, Alvario charged out of his corner only to catch a jab right on the button. Tired and looking defeated, Alvario pulled guard and the story of the first two rounds played out again as he was left defending himself against strikes and submissions and was somewhat lucky to escape being finished.

170: Matthew Inglis (1-1) v Jeffrey Jones (1-1)

A tired looking Jones was whipped with several stinging leg kicks from Inglis early in the first before being taken to the ground by the young Haitian. From here Inglis landed a number of shots to the head and body but surprisingly elected to return the fight to the feet. Losing momentum on the feet Inglis took Jones down again and attempted an americana from a difficult position, leading to a period of inaction and a referee stand up. Inglis immediately returned to form and took Jones to the canvas once again, and worked diligently before attempting to return to his feet, seemingly unnerved by Jones' activity from the bottom position. Following an attempted triangle from Jones, Inglis was pushed away far enough to create space for Jones to grab an arm from the bottom and pull Inglis down into the arm bar. Submitting Inglis at 3.25 in the first round.

145: Cal Gehrig (1-2) v Razor Houghtinho (1-0)

Excellent footwork and accurate striking from Gehrig saw him get the better of the opening exchanges as he landed a smattering of shots that cut Houghtinho without being hit meaningfully himself. Gehrig kept Houghtinho off balance with shots to the head and body that distracted him enough to land a nasty looking head kick just after the minute mark. Houghtinho kept Gehrig at bay with a big hook long enough to regain his senses before entering into a period of back and forth boxing that lasted until Houghtinho shot for the takedown late in the round. Landing a pair of big hammerfists from half guard, Houghtinho was left wishing for more time as the horn sounded to end the first. Being edged out on the feet Houghtinho shot for the takedown again early in the second but did little prior to returning to the feet. Frustrated once more on his feet, he hit the takedown again later in the round landing a couple of telling shots from the mount on a stunned Gehrig. Looking to finish it there Houghtinho attempted a sloppy guillotine followed by an even worse armbar attempt that allowed Gehrig to gain top position in his guard as the second round finished. The third round saw Gehrig regain control of the fight as he landed a number of shots to Houghtinho and danced his way out of the danger of his opposition's wild shots. In a slow and final round little else of note happened meaning the judges were called in to play, awarding the an extremely tight Majority Decision to Gehrig. (29:29, 29:28, 29:28)

205: Big Smash (1-0) v Spike Geoffrey (0-0)

Spike Geoffrey came out of his corner looking for the clinch before nailing the takedown in second minute. Big Smash showed good groundwork off his back though and pushed Geoffrey away to return to his feet before Geoffrey could capitalise on the prone Smash. A full two minutes of boring dancing and shadow boxing came to a devastating halt though as Geoffrey, off balance from a combination attempt, was hammered with series of strikes from Smash that blasted him backwards. Out cold before he hit the mat the referee couldn't get there quick enough and a couple of further strikes on the floor added not only insult to injury but a Knock Out of the Night Award to a good nights work for Big Smash.

155: Gordon Davidson (1-1) v Benisato Rage (1-1)

Benisato Rage picked up a Unanimous Decision victory over Gordon Davidson with an impressive final round after two very close opening rounds. Both men scored takedowns but it was Davidson who provided the highlights as he landed some heavy shots from full mount late in the round including one that echoed sickeningly through the arena just seconds before the bell. The second round saw a role reversal as the first round was seemingly repeated, with this time Rage in full mount reigning down blows on Davidson just as the bell ended the round. Going into the third it was all to fight for and Rage pulled it out of the bag on the scorecards with four unanswered takedowns and effective sumbission defence as Davidson looked to finish from the bottom.

170: Jo Murdoch (1-0) v Top Dog (1-0)

Murdoch and Dog served up the Fight of the Night in an entertaining back and forth brawl that saw both men execute effective takedowns and ground work in both offensve and defensive positions. Top Dog scored better in the first round with some dominating strikes from top position late in the first and a pair of menacing submission attempts. Going into the second Dog looked tired but still more threatening and with the wise words of his cornermen in his ear he went out looking to finish Murdoch quickly. Faking with an overhand right Dog landed a textbook takedown that put Murdoch on his back. Controlling Murdoch on the ground Dog looked to capitalise on his opponents attempts to turn away from him and with just under two minutes gone sunk in a rear naked choke. With the hooks locked in Murdoch had no choice to tap out to a victorious Top Dog.

265: Brad Maynard (2-0) v Wullie Rogers (2-0)

A match up which on paper looked set to go the distance was ended late in the very first round, as similar level Jiu-Jitsu artists with solid striking and counter striking ambitions respectively put their identical records on the line in the co-main event of the evening. Scoring with a pair of takedowns, Rogers took the battle to the floor where both men demonstrated their repertoire of submissions: kimuras, forearm chokes, and guillotines before Maynard got the breakthrough with a forceful cranking back of Rogers head and sinking in the arm under the chin to lock in a death clutch of a rear naked choke at 4.34 of round one.

265+: Braulio Maia (2-0) v Ivo Havaiano (2-0)

The Main Event of the evening saw a clash of the titans as two man mountains of fighters went head to head for the vacant TDC Super Heavy Weight Title. Both contenders came into this fight sporting 2-0 records and having left a trail of destruction. Maia having submitted his two victims within the first round and Havaiano only needing the opening stanza in his two previous fights, picking up a TKO and KO with his deadly striking. It should not be surprising then that this fight lasted only 2.29 as both men displayed their champion credentials in a barn storming battle. Havaiano came out swinging and dropped Maia with a left right combo that spilt the Brazilian's blood. Wary of Maia's Jiu-Jitsu prowess Havaiano returned to his feet not wishing to stay on the ground with his opponent. Reluctantly standing Maia dodged some wild shots from the Portugese fighter before shooting in for the takedown. Maia, seemingly hungry for vengeance, peppered Havaiano with strikes that did little damage but kept him scoring and his opponent down. Advancing relentlessly Maia moved to mount attempting an arm triangle before transitioning beautifully to the side to turn it into an anaconda choke. Refusing to tap, Havaiano went a horrible shade of purple before passing out and forcing the referee to rip Maia off his unconscious opponent. Maia showing a champions heart to bounce back from a huge knockdown and finish the fight with a Submission of the Night worthy of winning any title fight!

TDC 7 Awards

Fight of the Night: BJ Penn vs. Josh Praegitzer

Submission of the Night: Freddy White

Knockout of the Night: Luca de Silva

Award winners can expect a sponsorship from Biopharm Nutrition, the top nutrition company in New York City, as well as a monetary bonus from me in the next few days.

TDC 7 Recap by Hallam Walker

Sunday night saw TDC 7: Annihilation go down at Hayashi's Lounge, sorting through the wreckage was Hallam Walker.

185: Billy Bad Ass (0-0) v Khadis Meloulli (1-0)

Nineteen year old Billy Bad Ass showed no fear as he picked up a debut victory over 1-0 Fijian Khadis "Tiger" Meloulli. A close first round saw an exchange of takedowns leading to very little action on the ground with the referee bringing the fighters back up to standing twice. Whilst Bad Ass seemed content to fight off his back and look for the submissions, it was Tiger who pushed the pace of the round. The second round started much as the first with limited striking and the fight going to the ground, this time as Bad Ass dragged Tiger down from a clinch against the cage. Working for submissions, Bad Ass was frustrated by Meloulli's solid defense but the Fijian eventually cracked, giving up his back for Billy Bad Ass to close the fight with a Rear Naked Choke at 3.30 of round number two.

185: Shane McDonald (1-1) v Freddy White (1-0)

Freddy White remains undefeated in his fledgling MMA career as he picked up Submission of the Night honours against dangerous striker Shane "Rudey" McDonald. White couldn't have wished for a better start as he connected with four strong punches that left McDonald scrambling for the takedown. No sooner had McDonald sought the relative sanctuary of the mat he was probably regretting it as he did well to fend off a number of submission attempts before finally with White in half guard he gave away his arm for a painful looking kimura and was forced to tap out at only 1.53 of the round.

155: Bruce Leeroy (1-0) v Lou Zar (1-0)

Two determined fighters entered the cage putting their undefeated records on the line in the 155lb weight class. Both Leeroy and Zar hit takedowns in round one but failed to inflcit any major damage against the other. Leeroy took the round on the judges score cards for his aggression and submission attempt late on. It was Leeroy again who took round number two as his early takedown of Zar saw him land some nasty strikes from all areas, particularly after gaining full mount. Looking to soften up his opponent Lerroy attempted arm triangle that Zar defended well but as the round came to an end it was clear that Leeroy was winning the fight. Needing to do something big Zar came flying out of his corner in the third round with a big takedown, landing some heavy hands from full mount. Growing in confidence Zar attempted the arm bar but was shaken off and left on his ass as the fight returned to the feet, if only for a few moments. Zar trying to replicate his ground and pound success took Leeroy down twice more, but his opponents excellent use of the sweep meant that Zar was never in control for long. The fight resulting in a Unanimous Decision victory for Bruce Leeroy.

155: Flash Rage (1-0) v Dougie Inglis (1-1)

The extremely well matched Rage and Inglis fought all the way to the end as Rage improved his record to 2-0. This tightly contested affair had virtually everything as Rage dominated the first two round with some strong takedowns that confirmed to the young Haitian Inglis that he was in for a tough night. The second stanza opened with another good takedown from Rage, but he failed to control Inglis who wriggled free to take Rage's back and attempt the choke. Returning to their feet, Inglis cut rage with a partially blocked head kick and followed it up with a big upper cut that had Rage wobbling. Firing off the jab and taking Inglis down, he seemed to have done enough to pick up the second round as well. Both men came out absolutely exhausted in round 3 and their performance confirmed their fatigue. Inglis scraped a round in which the highlight was a sloppy takedown and a failure from Rage to capitalise on achieving full mount. As both seemed intent on resting on the floor with half hearted submission attempts the bout came to an end as Rage picked up a close decision. (29-28, 29-28,30-28)

155: The Champ (2-1) v Jo Big (1-0)

The not so modestly named "the champ" picked up a first round stoppage of jo "bigjo" big with a perfectly disguised arm bar. Shooting in for a takedown early, the champ attempted a number of submissions whilst controlling the position, all of which were defended well by jo big. Switching focus to the more brutish aspect of his ground game champ proceeded to unload with hammerfists from the mount that lacked accuracy but not intensity. With big looking to avoid damage from the hands the champ switched to an armbar with speed he had previously seemed to lack and yanked back the arm for a first round sumbission and a third MMA victory.

205: Simon Junk (1-0) v Bam Ulysses(1-0)

Bam Ulysses put in a strong performance to defeat the smaller Simon Junk in a close contest at 205lbs. Junk came out with some stylish if not substantial strikes before Ulysses wisely took him to the ground with a strong takedown. Failing repeatedly to finish submissions, Junk worked his way back up to his feet only to be taken down yet again by his opponent, where the story of their first exchange was repeated as the bell for the end of the round sounded. Simon Junk came out stronger in the second, needing to use his reach advantage he nailed Ulysses with a jab and then a three punch combination that busted Ulysses upon. Under pressure and bleeding Ulysses shot in for the takedown as history repeated until the judges returned them to their feet after a period of inaction just before the round ended. Junk took the round as the fights outcome teetered on a knife edge. Ulysses returned to what had served him so well in the previous two round as he came out looking for the takedown in the third. Landing it he again threw submissions at his larger opponent but failed to put him in any real danger. As the fight ended it went to a judges' decision with all three scoring the bout 28-29 with the winner by Unanimous Decision, Bam Ulysses.

135: Stan Stoole (1-0) v ronny myers (1-0)

Stan Stoole ended ronny myers night midway through the first round as he caught myers in an armbar. After breaking an early clinch from myers, Stoole hit his opponent with a nice pair of punches to the jaw and head of myers who responded with a failed takedown attempt. Stoole kepy myers at bay with some more shots before shooting in for a takedown of his own. Failing to land any significant shots Stoole fell back looking for the ankle but myers defended well and broke free to top position in Stoole's guard. Looking to return the fight to the feet myers was frustrated by Stoole's excellent guard which prevented him from doing so. Looking first for a triangle, Stoole looked to finish the fight and turned his submission attempt into an effective armbar at 3.02 of round one to pick up a second career victory.

170: Morgan Priest (1-0) v Luca de Silva (1-0)

Luca "Deadly" de Silva lived up to his moniker as he blasted his through Morgan Priest who was unfortunate enough to stand in front of him. Luca de Silva landed some hard hitting leg kicks as he looked to cut down his opponent. Working away at the legs of Priest he switched focus landing a left and right followed by a devastating uppercut that left Priest looking like he needed the last rites. A hugely impressive performance from de Silva who picked up the Knockout of the Night award after only 28 seconds of round one.

155: BJ Penn (3-0) v Josh Praegitzer (4-0)

BJ Penn showed just why he is the TDC Lightweight Champion of the World with a display of his class against strong challenger Josh "El Matador" Praegitzer. The first round was an exercise in control for Penn who showed his ground skills as he moved from being taken down to having Praegitzers back. From here Penn controlled his opponent but did nothing to worry the challenger as the referee brought the fighters back up to their feet just as the round ended. With the first round a demonstration of the ground game, the second was all about the standing one. Penn chipped away at the challenger with a succession of jabs to the head and body. Landing a good shot to the body Penn followed it up with a nasty looking leg kick before moving out of range of reply. An accidental low blow brought the fight to a temporary halt as Praegitzer was given time to recover. When the fight resumed, Penn had lost none of the momentum, the use of the jab and leg kicks was the defining feature of the bout again. Penn set Praegitzer up late in the round with one of his jabs that cut his foe and followed it up with huge head kick out of nowhere that sent Praegitzer to the canvas just as the bell sounded. As the third started Praegitzer had his hands held high but a hook from Penn separated them long enough for a huge straight right down the middle to the jaw from Penn that knocked Praegitzer out cold. Picking up a Fight of the Night Award Penn looks unstoppable at 155lbs.

265+: Sean Price (3-0) v Bobby Flay (4-1)

Bobby Flay brought Sean Price's unbeaten record to an undignified end as he knocked out the far bigger man in just 35 seconds. Flay caught Price right on the button with a big hand to open the fight that busted his opponent open. Price shot in for a desperate takedown that was well read by Flay who landed a sweet straight right and a nasty hook to the body that left Price breathing heavily. Bleeding and breathing heavily things got even worse for Price who was hit with a vicious leg kick that left him stumbling. Sensing that the fight was his if he wanted it Price unloaded with a straight, a body shot and big right hook that lined up Price for a big finish. Connecting with a monstrous right hook Flay sent Price down to the canvas with only 35 seconds gone in the very first round.

TDC is pleased to announce that we have now entered into a partnership with aKua, the top clothing company in Hilo. Going forward, aKua will provide sponsorships for fighters who win Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Knockout of the Night at TDC's events.

Their owner, Andy Lee, also has a few strong ideas in the pipeline for gear specific to Total Destruction Combat, including special clothing for award winners! I look forward to working with him in the future.

Fight Night 4 Preview by VacationMode Hernan

This is VacationMode Hernan bringing you analysis of five of the more interesting fights on the Fight Night 4 card.

265+: Nick Ghirardi (1-2) v Rusty Blades (1-0)

One thing that I've noticed about Nich Ghirardi is that he doesn't know how to develop a good gameplan to give himself a chance to win. He could have won both fights with the correct plan Hopefully he can formulate a well made gameplan in his next fight against an undefeated prospect, Rusty Blades. This guy has remarkable wrestling and uses a brutal ground and pound attack that can make his opponent quit anytime during the match. This is a very good match up between a BJJ submission expert and a ground n pound genius, and a weak chin and good boxing vs. a good chin and weak boxing.

155: Cat Litter (0-2) vs Will Hunting (0-1)

If there is one thing that both these two guys are good at, it’s losing. They haven't won a single MMA fight in their careers. Litter is a competent wrestler that also has a purple belt in BJJ but it’s kinda odd that he has weak submission defense for a guy who has great BJJ skills. Hunting is a freestyle fighter that loves to exchange punches with his opponent and can also fight on the ground if he wants to. I guarantee you a hundred percent that Litter would love this fight to go to the ground because Hunting simply is no match against him in there. But that task is gonna be very hard considering the fact that Hunting has very good takedown and submission defense. Will Hunting is the favorite going into this fight. He has all the tools to beat Litter: good submission defense, takedown defense and a vicious right hand that's surely gonna test the untested chin of Litter.

185: Kristofa NappyNaps (1-1) v Hub Bubba (1-0-1)

Kristofa NappyNaps is an excellent Muay Thai and arguably has one of the best Muay Thai clinch in all of MMA. He puts a hurting on his opponent in that position and dominates them very easily. He's going up against a mediocre wrestler who also holds a blue belt in BJJ. Right now nobody takes Hub Bubba seriously. So, in order for him to get the respect that he thinks he deserves, he has to prove to everybody in this fight that he is for real by using his advantage on the ground very wisely to win this fight. NappyNaps on the other hand is gonna look for an early clinch, do the things that he normally does in that position and finish off Bubba as early as he possibly can.

170: James Martin (4-1) v Jenson Rawlins (2-0)

For our co-main event, we have James Martin vs Jenson Rawlins. They are both excellent in BJJ but Rawlins is a little better considering the fact that he has a brown belt and Martin only has a purple belt. They also have the same level of boxing and Muay Thai skills. For Martin to win this fight, he has to use his wrestling and stop Rawlins from taking him down. He has to dictate where the fight takes place then land those nasty combinations. Rawlins has to use his advantage on the ground against Martin. But, let’s assume that he succeeds in taking Martin down. Still, he can’t relax because Martin is also a high level BJJ practitioner. Rawlins has to be aware of every single detail and explode when he sees an opening.

155: Jay Penn (3-1) v Richard Hertz (2-0)

In our main event. We have two very talented BJJ fighters who have stopped all of their opponent via submission. Jay Penn comes from a very good wrestling background that complements his BJJ skills. He has recently been on a tear in the lightweight division until he put on the most horrible performance of his career and lost his last fight. He's gonna be looking to bounce back and unleash his frustration against Richard Hertz. Hertz has the same skill level in BJJ as Penn, but what's great about Hertz is that he's likely not gonna tap even if you break his bones and tear his arms apart. I think the difference in this fight would be the stand-up because they are both pretty evenly matched on the ground. So, whoever sets the tone in the stand-up will win this one.

TDC 8 Preview by Eric Murphy

This special preview of TDC 8 at Hayashi’s Lounge is brought to you by Eric Murphy. I am definitely excited for this event, which will see a bunch of fighters looking to separate themselves from the pack, while the co-main and main-event will certainly go down as amongst the best fights in Hilo history.

265: Jason Regan (1-1) v Jack Zimmer (1-1)

Jason Regan is coming into this fight absolutely exhausted from overtraining and faces a fighter 48 pounds heavier. Even though Regan has the stronger overall striking skills, it won’t matter if he can’t keep his hands up after the first 30 seconds of the fight, not to mention it’s going to be an uphill battle for Regan to stay on his feet in the first place. If Zimmer can manage to take him down with his superior wrestling, it’ll be pretty much over as his weight advantage means he’ll be able to sit in a dominant position against Regan, who can barely lift his own arms at the moment, much less all 278 pounds of Jack Zimmer.

155: Johnathan Crane (1-1) v CM Punk (1-0)

This lightweight bout features two fighters who like using the clinch for different purposes. Crane has honed Muay Thai skills, and will be looking to unleash a flurry of knees. Punk, while seemingly well-rounded, prefers to use the clinch to pull guard and submit his opponent. If he manages to pull that off, it could be dangerous for Crane, who is a white belt and coming off a submission loss in his last fight. Crane’s first win, surprisingly, was also a submission, and he’ll be looking to return to form here, but it’ll be a dim possibility if this fight stays on the ground.

145: Stoney Mcweedy (1-1) v Humberto Jamie (1-0)

In this featherweight match, Humberto Jamie is looking to remain undefeated against the taller and bigger Stoney Mcweedy, who is going to need to hit the sauna if he wants to make weight for this fight. That’s going to be prove an advantage for Jamie as Mcweedy will most likely be exhausted and susceptible to knockout if Jamie manages to land a head kick or secure the clinch early and land knees and elbows to the head. Even though both fighters look evenly matched on the ground at first glance, it appears Jamie’s skills are mostly defensive while Mcweedy has a combination of both. Mcweedy’s best chance will probably be to takedown Jamie quickly, but it remains to be seen if he can pull it off in his exhausted state.

205: Fenton Meeks (1-1) v Aleksander Andreev (1-1)

In the light heavyweight division, two fighters coming off their first loss by decision are both looking to rebound with a knockout. Andreev is the classical sprawl and brawler with some ground and pound skills, while Meeks is slightly more well-rounded but definitely no slouch when it comes to boxing. Both fighters have solid chins and decent knockout power, so the fight will be evenly matched if it stays standing. Things are a little less certain on the ground, however, and if Meeks takes it there it may be a sign he has more confidence in his submission abilities against the white belt Andreev than his right hand. This fight is definitely one of the bigger toss-ups on this card.

135: Crack Pip (2-0) v Guy Downs (1-1)

The appropriately named Crack Pip will be looking to move up the bantamweight ranks with a win over Downs, who is coming off a loss by arm triangle. To the casual observer it would look like Pip has the stronger striking skills, but Downs has 16 centimeters on Pip and the corresponding reach advantage. Additionally, Downs is well-known for his steel jaw, and Pip has sparingly used his punching in his previous fights, so this fight looks like it will be decided on the ground, where neither fighter has an obvious advantage. Like the fight before it, this bout is a true toss-up.

205: Fabio Ramos (1-0) v Akao Machida (2-1)

The three victories for Machida and Ramos have all come by submission, but it would be wise for Machida to avoid the ground at all costs. His only loss came against another brown belt with eerily similar skills to Ramos, so on paper it looks like Machida has a huge disadvantage. If he can avoid getting taken down, and gain the Muay Thai clinch while preventing Ramos from pulling guard, Machida can win by utilizing his knockout power with a devastating barrage of knees and elbows. Ramos’ one-sided skills means his game plan should be easily transparent, which is to take down Machida and submit him as soon as possible.

205: Ister Band (2-1) v Steve Hoar (1-0)

In another bout in the incredibly deep light heavyweight division, Ister Band is looking to come off a disheartening unanimous decision loss in his title challenge against Chester Manson. A win here would do a lot to put him back in the title hunt. Hoar, his opponent, is a promising up-and-comer with a 1st round submission victory. Both fighters have the power to take the other out, although Band’s lack of stand-up skills means that a knockout would most likely come from mounting his opponent. The key to victory for Hoar will be keeping Band on his feet and using his big right hand to end it as soon as possible, which is easier said than done to due to Band’s strong defensive skills. If this fight goes to the ground, Band’s superior jiu-jitsu may prove a quick demise for Hoar. This is definitely a vintage clash of styles.

145: Rashad Hugoboss (1-1) v Jimbo Jenkins (1-0)

Jimbo “Cornbread” Jenkins is coming off a huge victory in his last fight, where he earned both Fight of the Night and Knockout of the Night honors. His opponent is Rashad Hugoboss, who is a newcomer to TDC. I don’t think there’s any doubt that most of the action will happen on the ground, pitting Jenkins’ wrestling against Hugoboss’ BJJ. If Jenkins is able to advance quickly to mount as in his last fight, Hugoboss will be in big trouble as he gives up a significant ten pounds to Jenkins, making it hard for him to recover from that position. If Hugoboss takes Jenkins’ back, it will most likely be the end of the line for Cornbread. There’ll certainly be a lot of jockeying for position on the ground, but it’s unlikely this one will go the distance, which should please the fans and makes this match one of the top candidates for Fight of the Night.

185: Jean The Dinosaur (5-1) v Pat Inoke (2-0)

In the co-main event of the night, a fighter will finally claim the vacant middleweight title. Jean The Dinosaur, one of the most experienced fighters on the islands, squares off against Pat Inoke, a promising fighter with an extremely strong ground game. This will no doubt be the stiffest challenge yet for Inoke, who has two impressive 1st round submission victories. His opponent, The Dinosaur has managed to end the fight early in all five of his victories, and all of them before the halfway point of the match. I would be extremely surprised if this fight went past the 2nd round. With Inoke’s complete lack of stand-up skills, he’s undoubtedly going to be trying to take Dinosaur down often and early. Dinosaur will be looking to turn Inoke into the 4th victim of his nasty right hand, and even if the fight gets taken to the ground, he is no pushover there either. The crowd will be amped up for this fight where both men will undoubtedly be looking for the finish.

265+: Neville Morris (2-0) v Matt Morgan (4-1)

In the main event of the night, two massive hunks of men look to beat each other up to secure themselves the next title challenge in the super heavyweight division. Neville Morris is a world-class wrestler, but has unable to finish off his opponent with ground and pound in his previous two decision victories. Morgan, who’s the model of a sprawl and brawler, undoubtedly has the power to knockout Morris if he connects with his chin, as he has an impressive 4 KO victories, 3 of them in the 1st round. Morris’s best bet will undoubtedly be to take Morgan down fast, which his no easy task considering his opponent’s strong wrestling skills. If he’s unable to do that and mount Morgan early, the fight will become more and more dangerous for him with each punch he takes on the jaw, and it will be difficult for him to secure his third decision victory. This fight is definitely one of the top draws in the short history of Hilo MMA.