Implement faster resting to the rest of tycoon.

Kronix

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should faster resting be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

Faster resting was implemented on the Island because of the short time each season lasts, 6 months. Because resting after fights took away a large portion the time, faster resting was implemented and was changed from 5% per session to 20% per session. (it's a bit faster on the lower part of the energy bar)

The Island have had this for a few season and I must say it's a great success. The pace of the game feels better and the dead time inbetween is less. The question I now have is should this be implemented into the normal part of the game aswell?

The fighting pace will be the same because of the injury factor, it's still up to 16 days which faster resting wouldn't have any impact on. The difference would be that the fighter can return to the gym and train faster than before. The benefits would be that the game would be somewhat speed up and the difference between a gym rat and an active fighter would be somewhat less as it would take at the most 5 sessions(2,5 days) to recover 100% instead of as now an entire week(7days).

I think it also could benefit new managers after they've had their first QFC. They already have to wait 2 days for the QFC to take place but if they're unlucky the have to wait another week before they can do anything else with their fighters. That's a lot of waiting time for some one who is trying to find out if the like the game. (assuming they are left with 0% energy after their first fight). This would get them quicker back into the gym to see those improvements that gets us all hooked on the game.

Benefits

• Faster recovery
  • More gym time
  • Less deadtime
  • Faster game pace

It's any easy enough implementation and it really has been a very positive thing for the Island, why not to the rest of the game aswell?

• Upvote 15

Hell yea! I usually have to take my guys off training for a week before they will be ready to train, but forget to set them back to training so they sit at full energy before a week before I remember to put them back. Frustrating as hell lol.

Side note, injuries and cuts on the island should be toned down as well. No good having quicker energy recovery if you are injured for 16 days :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I would be ok with a slight speed up and a matching increase in game year speed. I think the number of fights that a fighter has in their career is about right... I don't want the fighters to have a stupid record of hundreds of fights, like you get on other games.

I'd kinda like to see the whole game sped up a little bit. Right now I have a fighter on my roster who's been in the game for like 5 RL years. I'd like to see training sped up, recovering energy between fights sped up (& injuries decreased). Have the rise and fall of a fighter happen in 2.5-3y span instead of 5 years. By speeding up learning you can get to the elite level of fighting faster. By speeding up energy recovery & decreasing injuries guys can get to training more quickly and get back to fighting more quickly. So in turn you should still be able to get the same amount of fights and "life" on your fighter but have the time in RL be sped up.

I think guys would be a lot less resistant to do rebuilds and less likely to leave the game once a given roster reaches the end of it's time. Right now one of the problems in this game is that most guys take a QFC or two to learn hiddens. Then train for a few months to get the basic sprawl and brawl skills on a fighter. Then start to fight him. By the time a guy turns 22/23 yr old you learn the weaknesses guys have hiddens wise....but it takes like a year RL of training and getting in those first 10 fights or so until fighters get exposed....and then you have to cut him to start over on a completely unknown quantity. So you waste a year RL on a guy who gets exposed only to have to start at the beginning again and hope the next year you take to build someone ends up not being a total waste of time. I get that guys like the slowness of the game and so do I to an extent but I think it could be improved. Making these changes is good all around IMO. It'd make the training assistant page fun again to get more pops and have more to look forward too, you get the same life on guys, rebooting your roster isn't as much of a chore. I just see it as a win/win all around

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for it. The speed of the game is what I think deters new players more than anything. Hell, if I'm honest I'm finding the game pace irritating myself, and there's a lot of time where there isn't a thing to do. (Granted, I am rather new)

• 2 weeks later...