Free Agent Contracts

Warpig

The ability to receive contract offers from other orgs as well as the one you are currently at when you have only 1 remaining fight, a lot of sports work like this and it will help managers get the best possible deal for their fighters and create a bit more healthy competition for orgs.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like a very good idea, gives fighters and managers a chance to see what they can get elsewhere. I also like Shard's idea, that there should be another checkbox the fighter should tick if they want other orgs to know their contract is running out soon.

• Upvote 2

Would that be the same thing as making the exclusive box uncheckable. I know that wouldn't be limited to one fight left unless Mike made it that way. I wish the box was already like that and then guys wouldn't have to leave their current contracts for alliance battles.

• Upvote 1

Would that be the same thing as making the exclusive box uncheckable. I know that wouldn't be limited to one fight left unless Mike made it that way. I wish the box was already like that and then guys wouldn't have to leave their current contracts for alliance battles.

No becasue you would still only be able to fight for the org you are signed with during your last fight but you would be able to see what other offers will have waiting for you if you decide not to resign.

Do you mean rival orgs can bid on your guy when you still have 1 fight left?

If so, will not that just make the wages skyrock and just widen the gap between top orgs and "the rest"

I mean if you can bid on signed fighters you really want you will prolly put in huge offers making the fighter either demand equal pay from his current org or just leave.

Maybe i misunderstood but i been at work for 14 hrs

• 9 months later...

Do you mean rival orgs can bid on your guy when you still have 1 fight left?

If so, will not that just make the wages skyrock and just widen the gap between top orgs and "the rest"

I mean if you can bid on signed fighters you really want you will prolly put in huge offers making the fighter either demand equal pay from his current org or just leave.

Maybe i misunderstood but i been at work for 14 hrs

+1 In every sport I can think of(not golf or tennis as there are no contracts, you play to get into tournaments) you cant talk to other teams and such without the consent of your current team unless you have it as a clause in the contract which most don't. If player A is thinking about leaving Team A, he needs to get permission from the GM to talk to Team b,c and d which is usually granted when they want to dumb his salary or they have young talent to take his place or even a combo of both. Do you think Dana White is letting Conor Mcabandonedmybelt talk to other orgs? Does the redneck driving the budlight car get to go and talk deals with the owner of the vagisil car?

Not sure for other sports like Rugby or the American sports, but in Football (English version) teams in England are permitted to approach players from abroad who have 6 months or less on their current contract.

I agree with Embalmer though, this is something that majorly benefits the bigger orgs who can afford to pay more than it does the smaller orgs and it will widen the gap. It's a good idea in theory, but the practicality of it is something that will harm orgs hoping to grow.

Not sure for other sports like Rugby or the American sports, but in Football (English version) teams in England are permitted to approach players from abroad who have 6 months or less on their current contract.

I agree with Embalmer though, this is something that majorly benefits the bigger orgs who can afford to pay more than it does the smaller orgs and it will widen the gap. It's a good idea in theory, but the practicality of it is something that will harm orgs hoping to grow.

Agree, this will hurt the game in the long run, if you look in Sydney MMA is basically dead , because the org wages were miserable and the Gym fees too high, it ended like a domino and everything closed in a short notice.

This would hurt the smaller orgs though...

As a former org owner I didn't have much money and would often offer poor contracts, almost exploiting managers because they are unaware of how much more they could receive from a rich org.

This helped me grow my org and make mediocre profits. However, if rich orgs were offering them new contracts it would cause me to either lose my top fighters or get ripped off and make losses or TINY profits in the long run. Thus keeping me as a shitty org and making the strong orgs stronger.

In conclusion, this introduction KILLS competition and results in more of a monopoly amongst the bigger orgs.