Dropping fighters' skill cap

listerman

I don't know if it's been the subject of discussion before, it probably was since it seems like a simple way to add diversity to fighters builds, so here's something we've been talking about in chat today.

Dropping the cap of fighters' max skills could be the easiest way to add that diversity to builds. For example, let's say we lower the cap to something around 60% (just throwing a number out there) instead of the current 75-80% (don't know what's the exact cap), we would get top fighters with primaries 15/10/13/9 instead of the current 15/15/15/14. That way, it lowers the number of fighter clones out there, and it makes fighter building way more interesting, meaning that you can't be Elite at everything, which should be the case in a simulation game.

Of course, it would be hard to drop that cap all of a sudden, but I was thinking that maybe next island season, instead of creating regular fighters, the cap rate for the island would be 60%, all created fighters are around 30yo (with max skills available), and from there, we can see if it works or not. That way, people will be able to test it out, and know if lowering the cap would be beneficial to the game, or just another crazy thought thrown out there.

• Upvote 24
  • Downvote 3

I think this is an excellent idea, even better to get the island season attraction and fun but this could possibly prepare the next level of Tycoon where we wont have identical fighters as the top fighters. Excellent for diversity of this game +10

You put it better than i could. I think this idea Listerman is awesome and should be seriously thought about by Mike and everyone else

I completely agree, I really like the idea of having more diversity.

I have one possible issue though, how and when can this be implemented? For example IF this gets put into the game how can Mike do it without giving previous fighters a hell of an advantage?

It could be dropped slowly so people wont see a drastic change, it'd take a while but it should work. Say the cap is currently 80% he could drop the cap by something small like .2 every month(just pulling a number out of my ass, I'm sure there's a more math like way to do it) so the only reason it'd be noticeable to the older fighters is because they'll see a slow depop in areas they're about the depop anyway and younger fighters that are still training will likely never notice the difference until they hit their peak.

I completely agree, I really like the idea of having more diversity.

I have one possible issue though, how and when can this be implemented? For example IF this gets put into the game how can Mike do it without giving previous fighters a hell of an advantage?

Maybe MIke could allow everyone to re-assign points based on current skill for the new skill cap

I don't like the idea. I really like when fighters looks almost excatly the same, cause all of them have different values in hiddens. It allows managers to do a better and more inteligent scouting and paying attention to details while scouting and knowing your fighters strong sides and hiddens.

Current system is good, but I would like to read opinions of managers who are in the game for 4+ years and have experience with creating and developing beasts and have climbed to the top of the rankings or were there.

Also, new system would caused that scouting would be way easier.

I'm 100% against.

• Downvote 3

I don't know if it's been the subject of discussion before, it probably was since it seems like a simple way to add diversity to fighters builds, so here's something we've been talking about in chat today.

Dropping the cap of fighters' max skills could be the easiest way to add that diversity to builds. For example, let's say we lower the cap to something around 60% (just throwing a number out there) instead of the current 75-80% (don't know what's the exact cap), we would get top fighters with primaries 15/10/13/9 instead of the current 15/15/15/14. That way, it lowers the number of fighter clones out there, and it makes fighter building way more interesting, meaning that you can't be Elite at everything, which should be the case in a simulation game.

Of course, it would be hard to drop that cap all of a sudden, but I was thinking that maybe next island season, instead of creating regular fighters, the cap rate for the island would be 60%, all created fighters are around 30yo (with max skills available), and from there, we can see if it works or not. That way, people will be able to test it out, and know if lowering the cap would be beneficial to the game, or just another crazy thought thrown out there.

this was done one time when a cap was installed and we had a gradual decrease in skills till the lower cap was met -- it wouldnt bother me with another reduction but i think it will be met with lots of hate by some -- lots were upset with a cap being installed the first time but i like seeing a match or fight with total difference in skills instead of sensational or higher across -- honestly i would like to see a system that maybe where your primaries are based off secondaries or where your primaries will only go so high based on secondary skills --- so like having elite takedown d only can not have elite wrestling -- would have to have high takedowns and gnp to achieve elite wrestling -- same with m/t, boxing or bjj -- having to have high secondary skills to match or the primary will only get so high

• Upvote 4

I understand that changes like that will piss off a certain number of managers, but let's face it, any simple changes is like that, people don't like change, because it forces them to adapt. I'm all about adding diversity to this game, because right now, looking at all top fighters, you can't say something like "oh that fighter is a wrestler, he's gonna grind his way to a decision victory".

More diversity would also be more interesting for writers and bookmaking (2 things that pretty much lacks right now). Right now, writing about a fight between Joe, the all around Sensational fighter vs. Jack the all around Sensational fighter, is the most boring thing to do.

It's an opinion like another one, and saying "some people would be pissed", well it's an online community, and people are always pissed, we have to live with that everyday.

• Upvote 3

More diversity would also be more interesting for writers and bookmaking (2 things that pretty much lacks right now). Right now, writing about a fight between Joe, the all around Sensational fighter vs. Jack the all around Sensational fighter, is the most boring thing to do.

I second that, would be so much more interesting to write about

I don't like the idea. I really like when fighters looks almost excatly the same, cause all of them have different values in hiddens. It allows managers to do a better and more inteligent scouting and paying attention to details while scouting and knowing your fighters strong sides and hiddens.

Current system is good, but I would like to read opinions of managers who are in the game for 4+ years and have experience with creating and developing beasts and have climbed to the top of the rankings or were there.

Also, new system would caused that scouting would be way easier.

I'm 100% against.

I dont like fighters to look exactly the same, Fabricio Werdum and Mark Hunt dont look the same skillwise, you also can scout them easily. Chad Mendes and Jose Aldo dont look the same skillwise. What we have is a UFC full of Bisping's on God-Mode.... Thats just retarded

I understand that changes like that will piss off a certain number of managers, but let's face it, any simple changes is like that, people don't like change, because it forces them to adapt. I'm all about adding diversity to this game, because right now, looking at all top fighters, you can't say something like "oh that fighter is a wrestler, he's gonna grind his way to a decision victory".

It's an opinion like another one, and saying "some people would be pissed", well it's an online community, and people are always pissed, we have to live with that everyday.

This is the reason i dont do many writeups anymore, i realized that youre writing the exact same thing over and over again so its hard to make your work stand out.

I like a lower cap, whether we adjust learning speed or whatever we decided to do, we need to do something to make it more fun so the 4+ year players wont continue to quit from boredom

I dont like fighters to look exactly the same, Fabricio Werdum and Mark Hunt dont look the same skillwise, you also can scout them easily. Chad Mendes and Jose Aldo dont look the same skillwise. What we have is a UFC full of Bisping's on God-Mode.... Thats just retarded

This is the reason i dont do many writeups anymore, i realized that youre writing the exact same thing over and over again so its hard to make your work stand out.

I like a lower cap, whether we adjust learning speed or whatever we decided to do, we need to do something to make it more fun so the 4+ year players wont continue to quit from boredom

I got used to it. Anyway, when I had more time I really enjoyed scouting opponents like sens-sens-elite-black etc and guess their hiddens and secondaries by considering lots of variables, it's much more funnier than it would be with lesser skill cap.

Changes are good, but this change would apply to lots of created and developed fighters and it would change the whole game. It's not a change, it's revolution.