Ascension Tournament: 5M-10M Up For Grabs!!!

EzekelRAGE

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/1349265169Viserys.jpg

"I'll be sure to be ready on the 8th. The foreigner Neno stands no chance against the dragon. Be prepared to see a dragon dry hump a human into a decision win."

Foreigner? Yep, on one mediveal cathedral in Germany there is a stone-carved plaque bearing "protect us oh God from famine, pestilence and Croats." You'll find a clue in the octagon, without word decision in it, why this "foreigner" belongs into group with the other two...

kfurlotte did an interview with Scotty Bennet in his excellent MMA Hype thread
http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39501&do=findComment&comment=485631

Interview with Scotty Bennet

Tonight on MMA Hype, Brett Clarke travelled to New York and headed directly to the gym The Cooker, where he met with Ascension’s Light Heavyweight tournament participant, Scotty Bennet.

Scotty Bennet is a MMA superstar, holding a record of 21-0, with 18 of those wins by (T)KO. He walks around at 208lbs, usually wearing a tuxedo with a “Bow-Tie”.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke: I’m here today, at The Cooker, with Scotty Bennet, a guy I like to call “the next big thing” in MMA.

Hello Scotty, I get you just finished an intense workout, I won’t take up much of your time.

Scotty Bennet: No worries Brett, I'm honored to have you here at the Cooker.

Brett: I’ve been following the Ascension tournament, and noticed you right away. What are your thoughts about that tournament, and what made you join exactly?

Scotty: The competition first of all. I want to be the best, so I have to fight the best. A lot of people may say I'm not ready for this level, I want to prove them wrong. Where else in the tycoonverse can I get a chance to fight two legends like Yamada and Sackett back to back. I get hurt a lot Brett, it's not going to be a long career so I had to get started on the elite level as soon as possible.

Brett: I know most fighters don’t like to talk about anything past their next fight, but let’s give it a shot.

Once the tournament over, what are your plans? Will it depend on the outcome of the tournament? Are you planning to stick around Ascension?

Scotty: I really don't have any plans at this point. More than likely I will just go out and test the FA market and look for the best deal with the org that can offer me fights against the best fighters. I won't have many fights to show that I am the best, so I need to make them all count.

Brett: Round 1 of the tournament went really well for you, a close decision win against an experienced fighter. Were you surprised about the decision?

Scotty: I wasn't surprised that we went to a decision. Kane is a legend and is known for his beard, the guy has only been stopped once in his entire career. I got off to a slow start in the first round, maybe it was a case of nerves. When i went to the corner after round 1, JLP encouraged me to pick up the pace and let my hands go. I really started to assert myself in the second round and took the fight over.

Brett: Next round of the tournament is November 27th, and you’re facing another experienced fighter, Yance Sackett, a fight that most MMA fans agree to say it’s evenly matched. Is the training going as expected and do you have anything to say about your opponent?

Scotty: Yeah, Sackett is a legend. The guy has a great record and did a lot of damage in Ascensions LHW division over the last few years. He's easily the best fighter I have ever gone up against and has seen it all in the cage. I really have my work cut out for me to advance to the semi-finals.

Brett: Well, I said I wouldn’t take too much of your time, I see you’re still catching your breath. Do you have anything else to add, anything that you would like to say to all your fans out there?

Scotty: Keep watching me bang baby.

Brett: Thanks a lot for your time, really appreciate this, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Hope you liked this edition of MMA Hype!

If you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

I am BACKKKKKK. Ladies and Gentlemen, Bitches and Pimps I, Jax Rostenkowski decided it was time to make a return to the game. And what better place to do this than Ascension?! Tonight I will be covering the preview for the Quarter finals of the Ascension LHW tournament. With the tournament offering a huge prize pool, the top p4p showed in force. So, lets get to it.

Taj al Din v Antonio Manoel

Taj al Din has over 50 professional fights and having knocked out over half of them, is it a surprise he is considered one of the favorites? I think not. Coming off the only loss he has suffered for over 5 months which saw him win 9 back to back fights and finishing 7 of them, Antonio must be dreading this fight. Having knocked out Antonio in brutal fashion a couple of months ago, Taj will be as confident as ever. Antonio has been a little stop and start as of late going 4-2 in his last six fights. But riding the two fight win streak he is hoping to add one of the biggest victories to his career by knocking Taj out. Knocking out 25 opponents in 27 fights is no easy task, so Antonio will be looking to connect to the older fighters chin and get another KO victory.

Prediction: Anything is possible in the world of MMA, but I have to put Taj as the favorite and expect him to make it through to the semi-finals with a third round KO.

Yance Sackett v Scotty Bennet

Holy shit! What a fight we have here! The old timer Yance Sackett will look to derail the younger fighters step up to the big leagues. Yance is an old school legend around these parts and has been on a total tear as of late, a la Vitor Belfort. 11-3 in the past year, Yance is and always has been a contender with in Ascension. Another massive puncher with a brilliant career record of 39 wins, 27 by (T)KO. Yance will surely be looking to test the newcomers chin throwing bombs and looking to end the fight early.Scotty Bennet wow, what a prospect. Currently 21-0 in his professional career, many are tipping Scotty to be a future p4p great. But, will he deliver?

In his fight vs. Kane, we saw glimpses but he wasnt able to get the KO. Never the less an impressive victory for his first time in the big leagues. Will Scotty have the killer instinct against the older, wiser, more experienced fighter or will the legendary Yance knock out yet another wannabe contender?

Prediction: Scotty Bennet Via 2nd round KO

Ed Gein vs Jie Liu will be another epic battle between too premier light weights and will be my early pick for fight of the night. Ed Gein is coming off a tough loss losing his title vs Red Fox and will be looking to get back on track with a win to put his self in a position to get his title back. Jie Liu how ever is riding a 3 fight win streak and will be looking to carry over that momentum into his fight Wednesday night. Liu knows this is an opportunity of a lifetime to fight an opponent of Ed Geins caliber, so will be looking to put constant pressure on the former champ and out work and break his opponent likes hes done so well in his past 3 outings. Ed Gein is fired up about his loss against Fox and will be sure to come out with a reinvigorated fire about him with guns blazing, to ensure this fight doesnt come to the judges score cards. In Geins 28 professional victories 27 of them have came by way of KO, so ladies and gentlemen expect fireworks in this showdown between two of Ascensions elite in the light weight division.

Prediction: Back and forth battle with Ed Gein pulling off a late 3rd round KO

Neno Pejovsky vs Viserys Targaryen is a classic case of striker vs grappler in another 205 quarter final bout between two very talented fighters. Neno Pejovsky coming over from UPG has only suffered 1 loss in his career and has also finished all 16 of his opponents but one. Neno will no doubt be looking to keep this fight on the feet to add another highlight reel KO to his resume but will be prepared where ever the fight takes place. Neno finished his first opponent in the tourney by 2nd round KO. Targaryen however is an absolute grinder, and will be looking to get this fight to the ground where he'll feel most comfortable in this match up. If Targaryen can keep this fight on the ground, he very well could win a decision or possibly pull off a late TKO. Targaryen beat his opponent of the first round in a well earned decision by controlling the pace of the fight and nullifying his opponents offense. Will Neno find his self displaying the true art of another highlight reel KO or will we see Targaryen pulling off an upset victory over the former UPG champ?

Prediction: Targaryen will show no signs of quitting but in the end I think Neno's skill set will out shine Targaryens heart and eventually lead to a KO of the night award.

Jake Orange vs Dj Crabby Jef will be another quarter final bout with a combined fight total of 80 fights between the two. Jake has fought all over the world in almost every top org, and has also fought a list of top p4p greats throughout his journey. Jake will be looking to keep this fight on the feet at all cost to hopefully add another KO to his resume after winning his first fight in the tourney via dec. Crabby on the other hand will be looking to mix it up with strikes to catch his opponent off guard with take downs. Crabby has 10 career subs and one of the best ground games in the light heavy weight division, which he also finished his first opponent of the tourney by Americana in the 2nd round which earned him submission of the night bonus. With a resume like Crabby's you'd think he'd be looking to go for the ground in this fight, but dont be surprised if we see Crabby trying to display his stand up skills Wednesday night.

Prediction: Will be one hell of a fight but I have to go with Crabby giving Orange his first submission loss in the 2nd round.

Mark Kyle vs Ice Lander is a clash between to heavy weight tycoon veterans with a combined 34 knock outs between the two. Kyle has had a rough year in 2013 but is refocused and coming off a brutal first round TKO victory in his last fight. Kyle holds a 17-9 record with all 17 of his wins coming by way of KO. If thats not dynamite in his hands then I dont know what it is. Lander has a total of 52 pro mma fights and at one point in his career was a top 20 p4p fighter in the world. This fight will be a testament to see if Lander still has what it takes to be on top of the world. Landers is 5-1-1 in his last 7 fights with his last fight being a depressing draw. Talking with Landers camp earlier in the week he seemed for focused then ever. But who knows how things will play out come fight night. Kyle is a killer so if Landers comes in unmotivated, it'll be a short night.

Prediction:Tough pick for me. If Kyle doesnt win by knock out, then my gut tells me Landers will win by split decision

Opening fight of the main card will be Budo Rei vs Danza Kuduro in another light heavy weight bout, and our first 205 tourney fight of night. Danza is another one of those guys that has fought all over the world for multiple great orgs for multiple titles. There are no holes in Danza's game, his biggest weakness in the past has been getting in his own head. He's always had the skill set to compete with the best in the world, just seems to lose it mentally at times. Danza won his first fight of the tourney by decision but has finished 18 of his 23 professional victories by KO. Budo Rei posses a similar skill and resume as Danza, its a big surprise to me that these two havent fought before in the past. So the outcome of this fight will likely come down to who did there homework and who can implement there game plan first and the most effective. Either way this fight is sure to give the FOTN bonus a good run with non stop action.

Prediction: Danza by decision but will be a very competitive fight and will not shock me if Budo pulls out the win.

Ameri CanChopper vs Alex Cordoba is another bout between two heavy handed heavy weights. Cordoba has fought a list of legends, Lee Perry, Victor Creed, Anderton, Vanderlay, the list goes on. Cordoba will be looking to carry over his veteran experience in order to beat a tough opponent in Ameri. Ameri is the younger ever developing KO artist that has been on a tough skid here in his past 10 fights going 5-5. Ameri is one of those old school brawler styles that is a KO or be knocked out kind of guy, and will be looking to get back on track with a win Wednesday night. Too big powered guys but only one man can walk away victorious Ameri, or Cordoba ?

Prediction: Im going with the veteran Cordoba in this one. Late 1st or early 2nd round KO

Arthur Meighen vs Tiger Mask is a bout between two veteran welter weights that have a combined fight total of 93 professional fights. Arthur is a former #1 p4p fighter in the world which some consider him to be a legend in the sport and others question his status. One this is for sure is that this guy is an absolute warrior that will bring it on fight night. After losing 3 straight Arthur has found his rhythm again and is currently riding a 2 fight win streak and will do everything in his power to ensure he walks away the victor fight night. Tiger is a phenomenal grappler that will no doubt be looking to get his fight to the ground. If Tiger can keep Arthur on his back most of the night he very well could win this fight. This is Tigers Ascension debut so will be interesting to see how he fairs against the tougher competition

Prediction: Going with the Ascension Veteran Arthur by unanimous decision.

FOSTER Zwingman vs Zhu Fangyu will be our first fight of the night between two light heavy weights. Zhu will be looking to keep this fight on the feet at all cost by using his jab to keep Foster at range well setting up carefully place kicks. Foster will no doubt be looking to open up with some loose combinations and keep his opponent guessing when the take downs are coming. Both fighters need a win here tonight as both fighters were defeated in there last showing. This fight will come down to who wants it more and who doesnt have what it takes to keep at the highest level of fighting.

Prediction: Foster 3rd round TKO

• Upvote 3

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/MMA%20Hype/MMA-Hype_zps77ee8eb1.jpg

Quarterfinals Pre-fight Press Conference

Welcome to MMA Hype’s Press Conference for Ascension’s LHW Quarterfinals. We gathered all 8 fighters here, inside our new studio in Los Angeles, where the public will able to ask questions directly to our tournament participants.

Here we go with the Press Conference, with Jared Asante, along with the fighters.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Welcome to all Ascension fans and journalists of Los Angeles, and you too, viewers at home. We gathered all fighters here today at the press conference of our much anticipated quarterfinals of the Ascension LHW tournament.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/left_zps5afba97b.jpg

To my left, Scotty Bennet, Viserys Targaryen, Dj Crabby Jef and Danza Kudoro.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/right_zps155ffaa1.jpg

To my right, Yance Sackett, Neno Pejovsky, Jake Orange and Budo Rei

MMA Hype is proud to be the host of the conference, let us begin with the questions.

Q for Scotty Bennet: I saw your interview with MMA Hype, and you seem to have a lot of respect for Sackett, calling him a legend. Will that respect towards him play in your head during the fight, or will you be able to perform at 100% once you step in the cage?

Scotty Bennet: Not really, I'm a bit of a slow starter anyway. I just need to go out there and get myself into the fight as soon as possible. If I fight my fight, I should come out of there with a victory.

Q for Scotty: Sackett is a dangerous fighter, what are your thoughts about the upcoming fight?

Scotty: We all know Yance is a very dangerous fighter, he has a lot of options in the cage. That being said, I think it's time for the old dogs to make room for the new dogs. I know there is a big spotlight on me for this tournament and this fight in particular, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I don't disappoint.

Q for Yance Sackett: How did you react when you saw that Bennet called you a legend during his last interview?

Yance Sackett: I have been so busy training I didnt see Bennet had said that.

Q for Yance: Do you see Bennet as a threat, being 21-0, or do you think your experience in the sport will give you the edge?

Yance: Bennet is a dangerous up and coming fighter hoping to break into the top of the division by winning this tournament. He has power and knows how to win. I am hoping to show I still belong at the top. No matter how good a man can get at anything, there's always a time when somebody comes along who's better.

Q for Viserys Targaryen: After a win as the underdog, where you caused a big upset in a very close unanimous decision, are you more confident going into your next fight against Pejovsky?

Viserys Targaryen: I was an underdog only in the mind of the delusional. I am certain I will win this tournament.

Q for Viserys: Do you have anything to say about the fight?

Viserys: I am a Targaryen, destined for big things. He should be happy to face me. After our match Pejovsky's name shall be written in the history books. As a stepping stone on Viserys' rise to greatness. The dragon of MMATycoon will set ablaze to all in his path.

Q for Neno Pejovsky: Targaryen is coming off a big upset win, and should be going into the fight more confident that any other opponent you would have faced. Do you see this as a good thing for you?

Neno Pejovsky: Well, I can't say it is bad or good, it's his confidence, his mindset and his problem i would say. Still win over Speed surely looks nice on his resume but fighters do get overconfident only to be brought down. Leonidas was also confident champion :). Good things for me are my work ethics, my camp and my power which gives me the most options when choosing how to fight an opponent.

Q for Neno: Anything you want to say about your opponent? Will the size difference affect the outcome of the fight, you being the bigger fighter?

Neno: I've already said it in the public when he blabbered about his dragon humping me to decision win. Pathetic. My camp and coaches study fighters like him well, prepare for all positions, especially on the mat, but size difference is the only thing we are, not worried but concerned about. Speed advantage will be on his side and will help him with setup of takedowns but we are working on strategy to overcome that.

Q for Jake Orange: You’re facing Dj Crabby Jef, a smaller opponent, but a crafty BJJ fighter. Are you worried about having to fight on the ground, or are you confident you will be able to keep the fight standing where you should be more comfortable?

Jake Orange: Well we 2 different fighters, I want to stand and bang, he wants to go to the ground. That will decide the fight. I will admit if he gets me down it may be a bad ending. But I plan to put him to sleep before he gets a chance.

Q for Jake: How do you feel about Dj, you too didn’t say much to each other yet, is there anything you’d like to get off your chest?

Jake: I have nothing bad to say about him, trash talking is not my thing. I will say good luck to everyone left in this. Glad to make this my retirement run. When this is all over I owe EVO 1 fight and it will be my last. All I can say is if you are unlucky enough to face me in one of these last fights come ready for war. I will win, or go down swinging.

Q for Dj Crabby Jef: You were coming off a losing streak going into the tournament, and you managed to pull off a submission of the night win in round 1. Do you see the fight against Orange going any different, or do you think you can get that fight to the ground and work your magic?

Dj Crabby Jef: I'm going to drag him deep into my world, take him apart with my claws, devour him and absorb his nutrients to fuel me for the next round.

Q for Dj: What exactly pushed you to join this tournament?

Dj: I came into this tournament wanting to avenge my loss to Denke. This will be as close as I get. I will not be defeated.

Q for Budo Rei: Impressive win against a BJJ red belt in round one, but you were coming off 3 KO losses in a row before the tournament. Are you scared your chin will let you down once again, or do you think you have what it takes to beat Kuduro, even if he was only KOed once in his career?

Budo Rei: People have been underestimating me since my professional debut. This is no different. Just watch and see.

Q for Budo: Since you and Danza are in the same alliance, what can you say about him?

Budo: He is a very solid fighter. I respect him.

Q for Danza Kuduro: You have an incredible chin, but you will be the smaller fighter against Budo Rei. Do you see this as an issue, or will you work this as an advantage for you?

Danza Kuduro: I don't think Budo can get to my chin but weirder things have happened. Budo seems to live for these tourneys. I was talking to David who has fought Budo twice once in a tourney and once out of it, he told me Budo is a totally different kind of animal in a tourney. I'll have to be on top of my game. I have been the smaller fighter in fights before but i know i am the toughest and most skills out of all of my counter parts in this tourney. I predict the winner of this fight will go all the way.

Q for Danza: Being in the same alliance, you must already have a good idea of who Budo is. Anything you’d like to say about him?

Danza: Budo Rei is a legend in my eyes a one of a kind type of fighter. Not blessed with the greatest of hiddens but the heart of a lion. It is a fight that win, lose or draw i won't feel bad about it losing to a Convicted brother. We will stand and go toe to toe and the better man on the day will win.

Jared Asante: That’s all the time we had for the Press Conference folks. Thanks for all the questions, I’m sure you got all the answers you asked for. This was a first for MMA Hype and it went down real great.

Don’t miss out the quarterfinals on November 27th. This is where it will all happen. at the LA Memorial Colossuseum.

If you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 5

I think this is the fight of mine I've anticipated most in my Tycoon career. Only thing close was when I had Reilly in the finals of the Empire 5million tourney.

I have a sick feeling Bennet is going to let me down and it will turn out he has no confidence.

#WarBowtie

never been so glad to be wrong

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1385430907asc-lhw2.png

Quarterfinals Post-fight Press Conference

What of night of fights! That’s what you call showing up and giving a show for the fans. In case you missed it, check out the recap of Ascension’s LHW quarterfinals, it was a treat to watch.

We now go live to the post-fight press conference with our host, Jared Asante.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Welcome everyone! MMA Hype is proud to be, once again, the host of this Press Conference.

I will start first by stating the “of the night” awards for those who didn’t see them on the board.

KO of the night goes to Scotty Bennet. No submission of the night.

Fight of the night, you guessed it, goes to Budo Rei and Danza Kuduro, for a freaking great battle between two legends.

We have our winners with us, Scotty Bennet, Neno Pejovsky, Jake Orange and Budo Rei. Let’s get those questions started shall we?

Q for Scotty Bennet: Impressive performance, you were clearly confident stepping in the cage, and it showed as soon as you stepped towards Sackett. Are you surprised the fight ended this way?

Scotty Bennet: Not too surprised. Going into the fight I was thinking that if the fight was going my way that I would be able to put Sackett out. I actually doubted my chance to win by a decision. Typically, I am a slow starter, so when things were going my way in the first round I started to gain a lot of confidence. I came out in the second much more ready to scrap and I imposed my will on Sackett.

Q for Scotty: Not surprised you got KO of the night, that was a brutal knockout! The fight could have went the other way in the first round when Sackett landed a head kick that cut you. Did you smile and beckon him forward because it didn’t hurt you, or were you actually rocked after that hit?

Scotty: I've only been hurt once in my career and tonight wasn't it. When you have as much will as I do, as much heart. Pain and being hurt doesn't enter into the equation. I might not have the best chin in mma, but I don't think anyone out there has the heart that I do. If you come in planning on putting me away it's not going to end well for you.

Q for Scotty: Many experts said, before the fight, that Sackett would have the edge in that fight. You sure proved everyone wrong. With that win, you may have became the favorite for the tournament. Do you feel like you just beat the best fighter of the tournament?

Scotty: I feel like I beat the most accomplished fighter in the tourney, but definitely not the best. Every time I enter the ring in this tourney it will be against a better fighter simply through the process of elimination. Next round I have Orange and I know that he is, like Sackett, an accomplished veteran. If I win that fight I could find myself in the fight of my life with the legendary Budo Rei or Pejovsky, a prospect with a record almost as impressive as my own. I'm all about testing myself. I'm not like these other 25 year olds hiding out in ID restricted orgs. I want to fight the best in order to be the best.

Q for Neno Pejovsky: Congrats on the win! One punch that made the difference. Targaryen did manage to bring you where he wanted, on the ground, and that twice in the fight. Were you surprised he couldn’t capitalize on the chance, or were you confident you had the skills to counter his ground game?

Neno Pejovsky: Well, little dragon got his wings cut and fell down like a bird. But sucker got speed, that's what im gonna tell ya. I weren’t in any trouble on the ground, he didn't managed to mount any offence and i'm pretty confident in my ground game so wasn't worried at all.

Q for Neno: The second round is where your gameplan worked perfectly. As soon as you started connecting flush, did you know the fight was yours, and it was only a matter of time before he was going to drop like he did?

Neno: I ate some shots to see if i'm in any trouble and then went for it. I know look in their eyes when i start to land and knew it was over.

Q for Neno: Do you think this win will make you an even bigger threat than you already were in the tournament?

Neno: There are threats all over the tourney but fighting against Budo in next fight will be my dream come true. Always admired him and he is tournament winner so next big threat right there, no need to look further.

Q for Jake Orange: You looked really great out there! You dominated every aspects of the fight, and TKO or not, you were still winning on all scorecards. How glad were you when you saw Dj drop to the canvas covering up?

Jake Orange: I won't lie I was happy. Don't get me wrong I never want to hurt someone bad, but I want to win. If you leave it to the judges you just never know. Once he was down, I knew it was over.

Q for Jake: At the end of the second round, we could see Dj slowing the pace and gassing out. You took advantage of that in the third round, and used him as a punching bag. How did you feel when the third round started?

Jake: I felt really good, I survived going to the ground with him and had dominated the stand up. I could tell he was wearing down and I wanted the finish. The funny thing is I think Joe was even more excited then I was. I could hear him yelling over everyone else. He is such a redneck, don't tell me you didn't hear that YEEHAWW when DJ went down.

Q for Jake: One step closer to the final, do you see yourself as the favorite now that there’s only 4 fighters left?

Jake: No Bennet is the man to beat. He is the future of the game. He proved that with the win over Sackett. Don't get me wrong I hope he comes in and underestimates me, he will be in for a surprise. I will never be talked about with the greats of Tycoon but it takes someone really good to beat me. Look at my fight history, I have beaten a lot of the big names in Tycoon. My last 4 loses were to Diggs, Ryo twice, and the last one to Sackett. So I don't feel I am the underdog either. This will be a war. I am sure one of us will get KO of the night. If it does go the distance we will probably both have to be carried out. One last thing, good luck Bennet, lets make this fight of the year. Give us something to tell our grandkids about!

Q for Budo Rei: Fight of the night, would have been so in a lot of events too, that was a crazy good fight! You got cut in the first exchange of the fight by a decent hook, but you manage to dominated the rest of the fight. What crossed your mind as soon as he landed that hook that cut you?

Budo Rei: I always get cut. Every time it happens, it's kind of a wake up call that the fight can end at any second. I've had enough bad cuts to know the doctors will stop the fight if they think I can't see or if the cut is too nasty. So once that cut opened up I just thought "Oh shit, I better knock this sumbitch the fuck out!"

Q for Budo: Great bloody fight, that’s what the fans love! As soon as your head kick cut Kudoro, he kinda slowed his pace. Do you think that kick rocked him? You did manage to knock him down and rock him with a hook on the temple, but didn’t manage to finish. Are you dissapointed about that?

Budo: I dunno, he still looked pretty steady after the head kick. I thought I had him with the hook that dropped him but he's a tough guy and has only ever been finished once, so I'm not surprised he survived.

Q for Budo: You just beat the fighter who was one of the favorite to win the tournament. Do you think that makes you the favorite to win it all after that brilliant performance?

Budo: Honestly, I felt like we were both underestimated greatly. No one has really been talking about either one of us. The darling of the tournament seems to be Scotty Bennett at the moment. Dropping Sackett was an impressive accomplishment for him. I know I have the ability to defeat anyone on any given day so it doesn't bother me that I've been ignored up to this point. Ask Djoser, we thrive on adversity. I'm sure Ethan would agree that we give zero fucks about what people think will happen. All that matters is what does happen.

Jared Asante: That’s it for the questions guys. The tournament continues December 13th, with the semi-finals. Semi-finals will be the following:

Scotty Bennet vs. Jake Orange

Neno Pejovsky vs. Budo Rei

Thanks for coming and I hope you all enjoyed the fights, because I sure did! Have a good night folks, see you next time.

• Upvote 3