Ultimate Pit Fighting: Montreal [Event Reviews]

UPF-M 1: Raise the Curtain was a mixed martial arts event held on May 18, 2013 at Wild Bob's Bar in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Official Results

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Lewyn Martell versus The Prophet Malzahar

-[Results]: In the first fight of our young promotion, Malzahar made his presence known quickly. He dominated Lewyn Martell with vicious single punches that dropped Martell early. Malzahar then took Martell down and caught him in a choke to wrap things up. The Prophet Malzahar def. Lewyn Martell via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:21 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: After his big win, Malzahar had this to say, “Unbowed....unbent...unbroken. Weaklings like the Martells shouldn't speak such words. I've just broken you. Next week the House of Greyjoy will know the same shame.” Which is clearly a reference to his teammate Fenix Espada who takes on Euron Greyjoy at UPF-M 2.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Micky Manderlin versus Raoul Ramirez

-[Results]: This was an interesting fight as both fighters came into it with the same game plan: land punches while establishing the takedown. Manderlin landed all the punches on the feet but failed to make anything work on the ground. Ramirez was able to advance position virtually at will but he was taken down repeatedly by Manderlin. Micky Manderlin def. Raoul Ramirez via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Post Fight Speech]: On the mic, Manderlin showed his appreciation to event sponsor Mafia Fight Wear.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Pierre Matthews versus Maurice De La Rue

-[Results]: After an uneventful, albeit brief standing affair, Matthews shot for and snagged a takedown. De La Rue may not have landed the takedown but he immediately locked in the fight ending submission. Maurice De La Rue def. Pierre Matthews via Submission (Armbar) at 0:55 of round 1.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Angus The Bear King versus Cleavland Brown

-[Results]: The Bear King got the takedown early and began hunting for the submission. That was very unexpected as The Bear King is thought of as a boxer while Brown is more of a grappler. After being predictably outclassed on the ground, Bear King accepted a gracious referee standup only to get taken down immediately by Cleavland Brown who immediately began hunting for the submission that he eventually caught. Cleavland Brown def. Angus The Bear King via Submission (Kimura) at 2:51 of round 1.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Dean The Supernatural versus Ryan Russell

-[Results]: Dean was apparently swapping game plan advice with The Bear King as both men are boxers that have no business taking down Jujitsu stylists yet did so. Just as with The Bear King, The Supernatural quickly found himself in a world of trouble as Russell worked for a submission and eventually caught one. Ryan Russell def. Dean The Supernatural via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:47 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: Ryan Russell gave a shout out to his sponsor, Mafia Fight Wear.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Oliver Irvington versus Biff Nugent

-[Results]: Biff Nugent went to work early landing with his vicious boxing skills. He heard back stage that Irvington hates pizza and I suppose that put the extra fire in him to take Irvington out. After trading takedowns, Irvington caught Nugent in a choke after landing brutal ground n pound early. Oliver Irvington def. Biff Nugent via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:58 of round 2.

-[Post Fight Speech]: Irvington took the mic and talked himself up to the crowd who loved his charm. Rumors have it that he then made a comment about pizza and was mugged on his way back to the locker room. But that's just a rumor, right?

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Lord Vladimir versus Vlad The Impaler

-[Results]: The Impaler agreed to take on his fellow Vlad on short notice when all other opponents refused to face Vladimir. The Impaler seemed to get hurt by every punch that Vladimir landed (which was all three punches for the record). Vladimir hurt him, he dropped him, and then he finished him in dramatic fashion. Lord Vladimir def. Vlad The Impaler via KO (Punch) at 0:09 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: Lord Vladimir made his feelings clear, “The one true Vladimir was victorious.”

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Sal Langreck versus Uriah Gomez

-[Results]: Gomez went to work early with a strategy of clinch and break, clinch and break. He was also looking very hard for a takedown which he never found. Langreck took over with brutal shots to the head and gut as well as combinations from hell. He eventually rocked Gomez with a combo as well as more punches that finished him. Sal Lengreck def. Uriah Gomez via TKO (Strikes) at 2:53 of round 1.

-[Welterweight bout]: Sean Sorrowe versus Eddard Stark

-[Results]: Although Sorrowe got the takedown in the first, he gave up the round because he was always one step behind Stark. Stark landed almost double the punches on the feet and was able to avoid any real danger on the ground. Eddard Stark def. Sean Sorrowe via KO (Punch) at 0:34 of round 2.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Jack Tombstone versus Philmore Butts

-[Results]: Philmore Butts was in beautiful form tonight. Early on he countered several of the missed shots of Tombstone before going on the aggressive himself and rocking Tombstone. In the end, he knocked Tombstone out with a brutal three punch combo from hell. Philmore Butts def. Jack Tombstone via KO (Punches) at 0:49 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: Philmore talked himself up to the crowd in attendance but I think they got confused because he kept referencing to kicking butts and, like, that's his name too! What I'm saying is that we pander to a simple demographic.

(Post Fight Info)

Ticket sales weren't up to what I was gunning for but I knew the risks of renting the bigger arena for my first show. It's water under the bridge.

I want to give a big thanks to MFW Clothing Company which is based in Los Angeles. Its owner, EdselT Mafias, contacted me after reading the ad for an event sponsor saying he wanted the gig. In return for a very profitable share of the merchandise sold, he offered out contracts to more than a dozen UPF fighters. A few of them thanked him for his assistance and I was very appreciative that they did so.

If you would like to be sponsored by MFW Clothing as well, please contact me or EdselT immediately. All I ask in return is that at the top of the fighter page click “Edit Fighter Details” and then at the bottom select “Thank sponsor” with MFW Clothing Company selected.

As a matter of fact, if you're not sponsored I highly recommend that you select “Thank fans” as it will give a small boost to your popularity which is always a bonus.

Knockout of the Night goes to Philmore Butts who thwarted Jack Tombstone in the main event.

Submission of the Night goes to Oliver Irvington who caught Biff Nugent in the second round of their fight.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPF-M 2: Opening Act was a mixed martial arts event held by Ultimate Pit Fighting – Montreal on May 25, 2013 at the sold out Wild Bob's Bar in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Official Results

-[Heavyweight bout]: Shawn Bhaltair versus Bobo Yaya

-[Results]: While the limited standing exchanges were pretty even, Shawn Bhaltair took control of this fight by landing all but one of his five attempted takedowns. On the ground, Bhaltair was very active as well. He wasn't able to pass guard effectively but he smacked Bobo around like his rent was due. Bhaltair landed just shy of forty bitch smacks on the ground. Shawn Bhaltair def. Bobo Yaya via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26).

-[Victory Speech]: In his post-fight speech, Shawn showed his undying gratitude towards personal and event sponsor Mafia Fightwear which is based in Los Angeles. [End sponsor plug. Erase this later – or hell, leave it, it's comedy.]

-[Heavyweight bout]: Leyton Lowitz versus Alucard Tepes

-[Results]: Leyton Lowitz came out with an effective counter-striking game but fell victim to the clinchwork of Alucard Tepes. Alucard held his grip and scored with shots to the head and the body of Lowitz, breaking his gas tank down and setting up the inevitable finish. Alucard Tepes def. Leyton Lowitz via TKO (Punches) at 1:30 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Alucard had nothing to say because he's a vampire. And I forgot to set his “Thank Sponsor” option. Because I suck.

-[Middleweight bout]: James Abs versus Nicholas Van Der Sluijs

-[Results]: Despite landing ample leg, head, and body kicks throughout the fight, James Abs was able to score enough with damage and control inside the clinch to narrowly out point the dangerous Van Der Sluijs. James Abs def. Nicholas Van Der Sluijs via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Victory Speech]: Who needs words? Who is simply the form following the function of what and what James is is the winner of this fight. I need to stop watching movies on Netflix.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Paulo Machida versus Luis Hernadez

-[Results]: In and out of the clinch Machida went before claiming a takedown and setting up the fight ending submission early in the second round. Paulo Machida def. Luis Hernadez via Submission (Armbar) at 3:57 of round 2.

-[Victory Speech]: Paulo wanted nothing of the post-fight antics, storming out of the cage like his hero Tommy from the film “Warrior”.

-[Welterweight bout]: Nando De Leeuw versus Tj Machida

-[Results]: Nando put on a beautiful display of effective striking in this short fight. He landed with every kick he threw, peppering Machida to the legs, body, and head. He also landed a ton of punches. Those body shots sapped Machida's gas tank and it was only a matter of time before Leeuw got the finish. Nando De Leeuw def. Tj Machida via KO (Head Kick) at 3:36 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Nando De Leeuw was at a loss of words following his big win.

-[Welterweight bout]: Danny Manny versus Wesley Cardoso

-[Results]: Cardoso was very active, pushing for the clinch and breaking away only to engage again while mixing in takedowns. In the end, Cardoso pulled guard and immediately locked in a triangle choke to force the tap. Wesley Cardoso def. Danny Manny via Submission (Triangle) at 4:59 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Wesley Cardoso gave a shout out to his sponsor, Mafia Fightwear, which is based in Los Angeles.

-[Middleweight bout]: Brian Townsend versus Jerald Jenson

-[Results]: Jenson tried to stay busy on the feet but Townsend kept putting pressure on him and locking on takedowns. Once he secured a top position, Townsend would open up with ground n pound. It wasn't pretty but it was effective. Brian Townsend def. Jerald Jenson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Victory Speech]: Brian Townsend gave his thanks to event sponsor Mafia Fightwear for their generous donations to his training camp.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Kris Naga versus Percy Peterson

-[Results]: Peterson missed with his early bum rush and got locked into the clinch by Kris Naga. In all three rounds it was the same story: Kris Naga was absolutely dominant in the clinch. He wasn't able to secure a finish but he left no question who the winner of this fight was. Kris Naga def. Percy Peterson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Victory Speech]: Kris Naga must have been speechless.

-[Middleweight bout]: Fenix Espada versus Euron Greyjoy

-[Results]: Euron Greyjoy would get the takedown, Espada would control him effectively with his closed guard, the referee would stand the fight up. This was the entire first round, rinse and repeat, until the third standup when Espada responded with an immediate head kick counter that stunned Greyjoy. Espada followed it up with strikes and stole the fight. Fenix Espada def. Euron Greyjoy via TKO (Strikes) at 3:53 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Fenix Espada was less than humble in his post-fight victory speech where he declared, The House of Greyjoy is filled with weaklings.” Ouch.

-[Welterweight bout]: Kieran McLee versus Joshua Estrada

-[Results]: Following his predictably unsuccessful pattern, McLee attempted to take the superior grappler down. In this instance, he failed miserably only to get taken down himself. Joshua Estrada attempted four consecutive submissions before the fifth and final one, a kimura, forced the tap. Joshua Estrada continues his unbeaten streak as he advances to a perfect 6-0. Joshua Estrada def. Kieran McLee via Submission (Kimura) via 3:38 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Perhaps he did all of his talking inside the cage.

[Post-Fight Stats]

I went a little bit ticket crazy on this event but the good news is that we sold a lot the natural way as well.

Submission of the Night goes to Paulo Machida for his highly rated submission over Luis Hernadez.

Knockout of the Night goes to Nando De Leeuw – His finish scored the highest rating of the two that I counted.

A big thanks goes out once more to Mafia Fightwear for their continued support of Ultimate Pit Fighting and its fighters.

Hey, check out this awesome event at:

http://mmatycoon.com...php?EvID=771133

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPF-M 3: As the Dawn Breaks was a mixed martial arts event held by Ultimate Pit Fighting – Montreal on June 1, 2013 at The Underground arena in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Official Results

-[Welterweight bout]: Ethan Ornatowski versus Greg Giraldo

-[Results]: After dominating the first round of the fight in the clinch, Ornatowski fell behind on the judges score cards as Giraldo took control of the fight with his boxing. It was a close fight but in the end, Giraldo took home the gold. Greg Giraldo def. Ethan Ornatowski via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Hindsight]: This is my new section where I try to offer my opinion on what could have reversed the outcome of the fight. Ethan could have easily had this fight if he had tightened up his combinations. You really shouldn't be throwing more combinations than single shots because they're less likely to land and they tire you out quickly. I highly recommend throwing more single shots and less combinations in the future.

-[Welterweight bout]: Jesse Murdoch versus James Dove

-[Results]: James Dove surprised me when he continually took Jesse Murdoch to the ground despite having a distinct advantage on the feet. Murdoch took full advantage of his foe's faux pas and locked in the fight ending submission for the win. Jesse Murdoch def. James Dove via Submission (Armbar) at 4:58 of round 1.

-[Hindsight]: If you're a boxer with no wrestling and no Jujitsu and you're facing a Jujitsu based opponent, don't go for takedowns. If your fighter is a boxer in his primary skills but has no standing offense, you made your fighter wrong.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Shine Like A Diamond versus Logan Axe

-[Results]: After trading takedowns and shots in the clinch, Axe got the takedown and fell right into an armlock by Diamond. Shine Like A Diamond def. Logan Axe via Submission (Kimura) at 3:51 of round 1.

-[Hindsight]: Again, Axe is a Muay Thai guy with no Jujitsu that was going for takedowns against a blue belt. Sometimes white belts get the submission but it's rare. I read a forum post on here where they went through the submission wins of dozens of fighters. They found that something like 90% of the submissions scored in this game have come against opponents of a LOWER belt color. There are exceptions but again they're few and far between.

-[Welterweight bout]: Anderson Jones versus Marco Basa

-[Results]: Jones countered the failed clinch attempt with a takedown and finished Basa quickly. Anderson Jones def. Marco Basa via Submission (Arm Triangle) at 1:56 of round 1.

-[Hindsight]: This one is harder because both fighters appear to be made correctly. The best thing that Basa can do is hit the circuit training like a madman I'd say – higher speed and balance could have made all the difference in this fight.

-[Middleweight bout]: Thomas Hooke versus Liam Lanchester

-[Results]: Thomas Hooke was out striking Liam outside of and in the clinch. Lanchester was outgunned from start to finish in this fight. Thomas Hooke def. Liam Lanchester via TKO (Strikes) at 2:17 of round 1.

-[Hindsight]: The outcome of this fight likely couldn't have been prevented really. Thomas Hooke is a serious opponent that displayed he is quite capable in the clinch, an area that I expected Lanchester to be superior.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Cat Von versus Paso Leati

-[Results]: Leati dominated Cat Von in the clinch. Cat Von came out looking to stand and trade but had nothing for Leati in the clinch. Cat Von proceeded to private message me blaming me for this loss. Thanks for the heartwarming message! Paso Leati def. Cat Von via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Hindsight]: Train in the clinch and if you decide not to, don't complain when this happens again and again. Every single person that has asked me for advice on fighter creation has been told the same thing by me: don't ignore the clinch. I give literally all of my fighters the ability to clinch and as a result I'm able to overcome serious competitors that neglect it. Ahh hindsight.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Braw Becon versus Daniel Newman

-[Results]: Braw Becon (or as I keep accidentally typing it... Brew Bacon...) kept securing the takedown and dominating this fight with ground n pound and positional advancement. Braw Becon def. Daniel Newman via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Hindsight]: It's hard to overcome a wrestler when you have no real wrestling of your own. Rather than focus on picking single shots from the outside, Newman swung for the fences with wild combinations and attempted five failed takedowns.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Nick Alport versus Evil Genious

-[Results]: Both fighters attempted to stand and bang, go for takedowns, and clinch. Nick Alport dominated on the feet with his striking but also mixed in apparently unnecessary takedowns which only helped to score him points. Nick Alport def. Evil Genious via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Hindsight]: Genius has attempted a stunning amount of takedowns in his short career but has landed less than 2% of them all. I'd recommend increasing his speed and takedown skill to say the least. This is a difficult fighter build, however – I'd know. Respectable boxing with Respectable wrestling will be hard to dig out of. I created a similar fighter – a boxer with clinchwork. He dominated every opponent that lacked clinchwork but was severely outgunned frequently.

[Co-Main Event]

-[Welterweight bout]: Matrim Cauthon versus Ronald Rousey

-[Results]: Cauthon drew first blood with a takedown into the guard of the brown belt. A frantic paced battle for submission followed with both fighters attempting several moves of their own. In the end, Rousey's brown belt held up in the face of scrutiny as he caught Matrim Cauthon in a kneebar. Ronald Rousey def. Matrim Cauthon via Submission (Kneebar) at 4:46 of round 1.

-[Hindsight]: Neither of these fighters need my advice really. A brown belt caught a purple belt in a submission in the midst of a close submission battle. All in all this was a great fight.

[Main Event]

-[Heavyweight bout]: Guillaume Mein versus SyvesterSegul VandammeChuck

-[Results]: Mein came out looking to counter into a takedown but was unable to capitalize on any of Vandamme's missed shots because, well, he never missed a shot. In order to counter you have to be able to make your opponent miss – in this case, Vandamme had such a speed and striking edge that he landed with every punch that he threw. In the end he ended the fight with a brutal right hand from hell. SyvesterSegal VandammeChuck def. Guillaume Mein via KO (Punch) at 0:53 of round 1.

-[Hindsight]: As I mentioned previously, the game plan of countering into a takedown relies heavily on being able to make your opponent miss. To do this you really need to have a standup game, even if you never intend to use it. Having a ton of speed wouldn't hurt in this department either. The best way to trump a counter fighter is to be very accurate with your shots. It completely nullifies the counter-striking game of your foe and if you're a knockout artist like VandammeChuck is, you can knock guys out with accurate strikes.

[Post-Event Results]

Hey we broke even finally! I can delete my suicide note!

I'd like to congratulate our Mr. Personality for the month of May: Eddard Stark. His media battle with Sean Sorrowe turned up the heat leading up to their fight and provided much entertainment for this promoter. As a result I will also be sending a media bonus to the management of Sean Sorrowe as well.

Knockout of the Night: KOTN goes to Thomas Hooke for his finish of Liam Lanchester.

*It would have likely gone towards SyvesterSegul for his one sided beat down of Guillaume Mein but I'd prefer to “keep it in the family” as they say in the south.

Submission of the Night: SOTN goes to Shine Like A Diamonds for forcing Logan Axe to tap out with a Kimura.

Fight of the Night: The first ever UPF – Montreal fight of the night award goes to Ronald Rousey and Matrim Cauthon for their submission war in the co-main event.

All four of these gentlemen will receive their $5,000 bonus cash.

Mr. Personality (May): of course went to Eddard Stark. His war of words with Sean Sorrowe helped to bring this about. Stark was very active on the smack talk thread hyping this fight so he will receive $10,000 to his manager account.

Sean Sorrowe was active as well, returning with verbal barbs of his own and for his part in this he will receive $5,000 to his manager account.

UPF-M 4: One for the Money is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by Ultimate Pit Fighting – Montreal on June 8, 2013 at Paddy O'Malleys Bar in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

[Official Fight Results]

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Lewyn Martell versus Raoul Ramirez

-[Results]: Despite landing two takedowns in this fight, Ramirez was severely outgunned on the feet by Martell. Lewyn Martell def. Raoul Ramirez via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Mickey Manderlin versus Pierre Matthews

-[Results]: Manderlin missed two consecutive takedowns and ate a series of strikes that put him out for the count. Pierre Matthews def. Mickey Manderlin via TKO (Strikes) at 0:24 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: After the fight, Pierre Matthews gave a shout out to former event sponsor Mafia Fightwear.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Angus The Bear King versus Biff Nugent

-[Results]: After fighting to a draw in the first round, Nugent and The Bear King swapped takedowns for the latter two rounds with Nugent winning a very narrow decision. Biff Nugent def. Angus The Bear King via Majority Decision (29-29, 29-28, 28-29).

-[Post Fight Speech]: After his victory, Biff Nugent thanked former event sponsor Mafia Fightwear for their payment.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Oliver Irvington versus Vlad The Impaler

-[Results]: After being taken down on multiple occasions, Vlad The Impaler landed ample punches to out point Irvington for the decision. Vlad The Impaler def. Oliver Irvington via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Lord Vladimir versus Charles Manson

-[Results]: What a fight! These two warriors met in the center of the cage and slugged it out, cutting each other up before Manson went down. Vlad's killer instinct kicked in and he ended the fight immediately. Lord Vladimir def. Charles Manson via TKO (Strikes) at 0:31 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: After his big victory, Lord Vladimir gave a special mention to our new event sponsor, Ultimate Fighting Fuel. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Maurice De La Rue versus Uriah Gomez

-[Results]: Uriah Gomez got the takedown but Maurice De La Rue got the submission victory. Maurice De La Rue def. Uriah Gomez via Submission (Triangle) at 1:29 of round 1.

-[Post Fight Speech]: Maurice De La Rue gave a shout out to event sponsor Ultimate Fighting Fuel, thanking them for their payments.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Jack Tombstone versus Dean The Supernatural

-[Results]: After a closely contested kickboxing match, Jack Tombstone out pointed Dean The Supernatural on all the judges scorecards. Jack Tombstone def. Dean The Supernatural (30-29, 30-27, 30-28).

-[Heavyweight bout]: Sean Coleman versus Cleavland Brown

-[Results]: Sean Coleman worked Cleavland Brown over in the clinch and on the ground with brutal strikes. Brown hunted for submissions off of his back but was otherwise outclassed. Sean Coleman def. Cleavland Brown via TKO (Strikes) at 4:15 of round 2.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Philmore Butts versus Sal Langreck

-[Results]: Sal Langreck scored one of the biggest wins of the night when he stopped Philmore Butts. In the first round, Langreck dominated in the clinch. During the rest of the fight, Langreck was outstriking Butts before rocking him and finishing him in the third. Sal Langreck def. Philmore Butts via TKO (Strikes) at 4:11 of round 3.

-[Post Fight Speech]: Sal Langreck played to the crowd following his big win.

-[Welterweight bout]: Nyrkilla Tapettava versus Eddard Stark

-[Results]: Tapettava dominated this fight on the ground. He secured two takedowns and landed almost forty strikes to his helpless opponent before finishing him midway through the second round. Nyrkilla Tapettava def. Eddard Stark via TKO (Strikes) at 2:56 of round 2.

[Post Event Review]

Fight of the Night goes to Sal Langreck and Philmore Butts

Knockout of the Night goes to Lord Vladimir

Submission of the Night goes to Maurice De La Rue

A special thanks goes to Ultimate Fighting Fuel, a top name in sports nutrition.

The organization's rankings have been updated. To read them, go to: http://www.mmatycoon...68

• 3 weeks later...

UPF-M 7 was a mixed martial arts event to be held by Ultimate Pit Fighting – Montreal on June 29, 2013 at the sold out Paddy O'Malleys Bar in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Daniel Newman versus Luis Hernadez

-[Results]: After a close fight, Luis Hernadez out pointed Daniel Newman using effective takedowns and top control. On the feet, Hernadez landed with several punch combinations and single shots to the head of Newman. The clinch was a bit more even but overall the stats favored Hernadez for the win. Luis Hernadez def. Daniel Newman via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Victory Speech]: Hernadez attempted to hype himself up on the mic which didn't go as well as he'd hoped.

-[Welterweight bout]: James Dove versus Marco Basa

-[Results]: Two dudes that needed their first professional win desperately clashed... and the result was incredible. Marco Basa landed every single strike that he attempted in this fight – and he attempted many strikes. He landed with ample punches and kicks to the head of his opponent, a few dozen chopping leg kicks, and some body kicks and punches for good measure. This dude was Michael Bisping-ing it I guess because he went heavy on the accuracy and aggression and simply out pointed his foe. Either that or James Dove has an incredible chin. Marco Basa def. James Dove via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

-[Victory Speech]: Basa thanked the fans in attendance who gave it up for this one sided beating.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Alexander Georges versus Justin Johnson

-[Results]: Folly (n): Lack of good sense; foolishness: “and act of sheer folly”. That's how I describe the game plan of Justin Johnson. Justin Johnson the white belt kickboxer that took down Alexander Georges the purple belt and got himself submitted in the time that it takes IHOP to prepare a serving of Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity. Alexander Georges def. Justin Johnson via Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 0:18 of round 1.

*I know it takes more than eighteen seconds for them to make that breakfast, bear with me here.*

-[Heavyweight bout]: Paso Leati versus Shine Like A Diamonds

-[Results]: Paso Leati landed accurate yet brutal strikes as he pummeled his fellow Muay Thai stylist. The plurally named Shine Like A Diamonds fired back with accurate, albeit pointless strikes. In the end, Paso was standing with his gloved hands raised. Paso Leati def. Shine Like a Diamonds via TKO (Strikes) at 1:24 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Paso Leati thanked his fans for their support.

-[Welterweight bout]: Sean Sorrowe versus Ser Jaime Lannister

-[Results]: Sean Sorrowe came forth with wild flailing punches aimed at the chomper and bread basket of the Kingslayer but never really made anything happen until he got a takedown late in the final frame. For his part, Ser Jaime Lannister went for broke with rapid fire head kicks in an attempt to find a quick finish to this fight. Ser Jaime Lannister def. Sean Sorrowe via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Victory Speech]: In his post fight victory speech, Mr. Lannister announced his plans to dominate the MMA world. The fans ate it up. He then went on to announce his split from his previous manager and put himself on the table to young managers that wish to work with him.

-[Welterweight bout]: Anderson Jones versus Eddard Stark

-[Results]: Undefeated grappler Anderson Jones had a lot of hype following him into this much anticipated matchup with Eddard Stark. For his part, Stark is known for being a young but growing boxer with a decent defensive game behind him. This surprisingly quick finish of Jones puts Eddard Stark in a position of prime real estate in the welterweight division's growing title picture. Eddard Stark def. Anderson Jones via TKO (Strikes) at 0:31 of round 1.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Philmore Butts versus Guillaume Mein

-[Results]: Philmore put his knockout power on full display as he quickly stopped Guillaume Mein. To his credit, Mein attempted to get some stuff going early on. He tried to push Philmore to the cage to bully him and get a takedown and he tried to put a combination together but he was simply overwhelmed by the striking of Philmore Butts who returns to his former glory. Philmore Butts def. Guillaume Mein via KO (Punches) at 1:55 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: An excited Philmore Butts sold himself to the crowd in attendance who were all cheering for more Butts. Heh.

-[Middleweight bout]: Fenix Espada versus Jadyson Costa

-[Results]: These two undefeated fighters met and Fenix showed his class. Right out of the gate, Espada landed with a wicked head kick that left Costa patrolling queer street. Costa got back up a bloody mess and did everything that he could to get Espada to the ground just short of the old “your shoe's untied” trick. In the end it wasn't enough; Fenix Espada put a second head kick on the button and sent Jadyson Costa to the happy farm. Fenix Espada def. Jadyson Costa via KO (Head Kick) at 0:47 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Fenix Espada made an ass out of himself in an attempt to hype himself up. I missed the speech myself but I'm told it was to the affect of “I'm awesome, screw y'all” before throwing the mic down. Oh well, who needs fans?

[Co-Main Event]

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Sal Langreck versus Maurice De La Rue

-[Results]: Langreck landed quickly and he landed often. He dropped De La Rue with a monster of an uppercut, shoved him against the cage only to pull guard when he failed to get the better of the clinch game. On the ground, a battle for position commenced with De La Rue sneaking into half guard before ending up back in full guard and in the triangle choke. Sal Langreck def. Maurice De La Rue via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:45 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Sal Langreck gave a short but polite speech to the fans before walking out of the cage.

[Main Event]

-[Welterweight bout]: Bear Stevenson (#1) versus Nando De Leeuw (#5)

-[Results]: Two of the top fighters in the UPF welterweight division clashed to see who would earn the first slot of the upcoming welterweight championship fight. After a dicey first round that saw Nando De Leeuw keep the fight standing and dominate Stevenson with his kickboxing, Stevenson got the takedown early in the second to change the tides. Once on top, Bear Stevenson knew that it was do or die against De Leeuw – he knew that if he let De Leeuw tee off on him with punches and kicks for another few minutes, he may not get to see that third round. He peppered Nando De Leeuw with hellbows a la Jon Jones that rocked De Leeuw who turtled up until the referee called a halt to the action. Bear Stevenson def. Nando De Leeuw via TKO (Strikes) at 3:57 of round 2.

*Bear Stevenson (5-0-1) retains his position as the top ranked welterweight in UPF – Montreal and awaits the winner of Nyrkilla Tapettava versus Ronald Rousey for the chance to fight for the first welterweight title.*

[Fun Facts Following UPF-M 7]

1. Bear Stevenson (5-0-1) earned the opportunity to fight for the vacant welterweight championship with his win over Nando De Leeuw (2-1).

2. Sal Langreck solidified himself as the top ranked light-heavyweight once again. He will be given the opportunity to fight for the vacant championship.

3. Former teammates Fenix Espada and Ser Jaime Lannister threw a combined total of fifty seven head kicks at their respective opponents.

4. Philmore Butts wins yet another fight via first round stoppage due to strikes. He is the Vitor Belfort of our light-heavyweight division.

5. Fenix Espada leads the records for most knockout wins in the organization and is tied for most wins in the organization with Sal Langreck at three.

6. UPF-M 7 broke the records for total fighter payout and for the event rating as well.

Knockout of the Night goes to Eddard Stark for his brutal stoppage of the undefeated Anderson Jones.

Submission of the Night goes to Sal Langreck who utterly dominated Maurice De La Rue on the feet before submitting him.

Fight of the Night goes to Bear Stevenson and Nando De Leeuw. I've always claimed that my ideal fight of the night would be a back and forth war between two evenly matched competitors. I would be remiss in my obligations if I didn't acknowledge this fun little show that these two put on. Nando De Leeuw looked well on his way towards winning this fight on the feet with his particular brand of Muay Thai striking but found himself in a world of trouble when Bear Stevenson took the fight down and stole it all away. Awesome work guys.

As always I'd like to thank our event partner: Ultimate Fighting Fuel based in Los Angeles

• 3 months later...

UPF-M 18: Cauthon vs De Leeuw was a mixed martial arts event held by Ultimate Pit Fighting – Montreal on October 12, 2013 at Hayashi's Lounge in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Official Results

-[Middleweight bout]: Jadyson Costa (3-4) vs Ethan Blake (4-3)

-[Outcome]: After Costa missed a few strikes early on, Blake capitalized with a takedown into the guard of his opponent. After a quick scramble, Costa found himself on top but trapped in a triangle choke which forced the tap. Ethan Blake def. Jadyson Costa via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:39 of round 1.

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Jack Tombstone (3-3) vs Guillaume Mein (7-6)

-[Outcome]: The first round was dominated by the technical striking of Jack Tombstone. However, in the second and third round Guillaume was able to find his rhythm and land takedowns. Despite there being a bit of a stalemate on the ground, Mein was on top for the majority of the fight. Guillaume Mein def. Jack Tombstone via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Light-heavyweight bout]: Philmore Butts (5-7) vs Charles Manson (2-5)

-[Outcome]: The two sluggers met in the middle of the cage and exchanged leather immediately, just as we expected they would. Both fighters received cuts early on- Butts ate a head kick and Manson got hit with a jab. In the end, Butts hit Manson with a killer combo that shut the lights out for the brawler. Philmore Butts def. Charles Manson via KO (Punches) at 1:56 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Philmore Butts talked himself up to the crowd which didn't go as well as he planned.

-[Light-heavyweight bout ]: Maurice De La Rue (2-5) vs Lews Therin Telamon (6-4)

-[Outcome]: Lews Therin Telamon controlled this fight with his wrestling. It wasn't a crowd pleaser but it was an effective way to secure a first promotional victory. Lews Therin Telamon def. Maurice De La Rue via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Victory Speech]: Lews Therin played to the crowd which went over well.

-[Welterweight bout]: Sean Sorrowe (3-3) vs Vlad The Impaler (2-5)

-[Outcome]: Sean Sorrowe got the takedown and pounded vlad out in just over a minute. Sean Sorrowe def. Vlad The Impaler via KO (Strikes) at 1:19 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech]: Sorrowe thanked the fans in attendance for giving the show a great atmosphere.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Ben Breeze (1-1) vs Alucard Tepes (2-2)

-[Outcome]: When this fight hit the ground, Ben Breeze was dominant with his ground and pound. On the feet and in the clinch, it was all Alucard however. Both fighters landed ample shots throughout the fight but Tepes was able to score just a few more points to steal the fight away. Alucard Tepes def. Ben Breeze via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

-[Heavyweight bout]: Mikey Meyers (4-2) vs Sam Wilcon (2-2)

-[Outcome]: After a back and forth striking match, Mikey Meyers proved himself to be the superior of the two fighters with an impressive third round finish. Mikey Meyers is now a free agent, somebody pick his ass up! Mikey Meyers def. Sam Wilcon via TKO (Strikes) at 3:49 of round 3.

-[Heavyweight bout]: Mickey Wilson (3-0) vs Miguel Foster (0-0)

-[Outcome]: Miguel Foster never really attempted much except to wrestle his way to freedom on the ground. However, Mickey Wilson displayed his excellent wrestling in this performances. Mickey Wilson def. Miguel Foster via TKO (Strikes) at 3:59 of round 1.

-[Victory Speech ]: Mickey Wilson thanked his fans following his win.

-[Welterweight bout]: Anderson Jones (4-3) vs Kaz Yago (6-5)

-[Outcome]: This fight had the potential to be extremely interesting on the ground. However, Kaz Yago was determined to never let that happened- he landed a beautiful counter uppercut that dazed his opponent, allowing him to swarm with strikes to force the finish. Kaz Yago def. Anderson Jones via TKO (Strikes) at 0:32 of round 1.

-[Welterweight bout]: Matrim Cauthon (8-3) vs Nando De Leeuw (4-1)

-[Outcome]: The fight to help determine the number one welterweight contender finally arrived!

In the first round of this fight, Matrim Cauthon tried very hard to bring the fight to the ground on several occasions but Nando De Leeuw was prepared for that. The second round started out the same way: Nando landing kicks, Nando landing punches... and then Cauthon nailed a takedown and Cauthon controlling position and advancing continually. After rocking the striker with brutal ground and pound, Cauthon finished the fight with a kimura. That was an impressive display of killer instinct on the part of Matrim Cauthon. Matrim Cauthon def. Nando De Leeuw via Submission (Kimura) at 3:55 of round 2.

-[Victory Speech]: Matrim Cauthon vowed to conquer the world in his post-fight speech. After this performance, it isn't hard to imagine him doing so.

Fight of the Night goes to Matrim Cauthon versus Nando De Leeuw for their two round affair. Both fighters clearly had their moments with Nando dominating the first round and Matrim controlling the second before getting the finish.

Knockout of the Night goes to Kaz Yago for his destruction of Anderson Jones.

Submission of the Night goes to Matrim Cauthon for his display of patience, positional control, and killer instinct.