Future Stars of Tycoon

EzekelRAGE

I'll do one of my own guys here, just to give an idea of a blue chipper (imo).

Name: Lorne Malvo

Record: 12-2

Organization: Legacy

Strengths: granite chin, above average power, confidence, high IQ

Weaknesses: none yet

Malvo was created for a KT creation round robim tourney in an mma org. He popped granite chin in his first fight and lost a decision mostly because I left his sliders in the middle. His confidence only dipped to 95% so that was a great sign. He steamrolled through the rest of the tourney with 4 KO's, some seemed a bit slow coming imo though. After the tourney I signed him with the only org to offer a contract, Psycho Kids. His first fight there was a tough one, as he went to decision with Lee. The fight was very close and was the first test of his career. It actually worried me a bit that he didnt do better, but i chocked it up to a bad matchup because I was concentrating on his ground skills after the KT tourney.

After Psycho Kids closed, Malvo signed with Immortals and had a big step up in competition. His first two fights saw him matched up against two other top prospects, both undefeated/with top managers, and dominated them both. He won his next fight in convincing fashion before dropping the rematch to De Souza(another 4.5/5 star prospect) by decision. After INY flamed out he went on to Legacy and dominated his first two fights there. His second fight had him once again beating an undefeated fighter managed by a top manager.

His next fight will be another stiff test as he hasnt fought any decent grapplers yet.

Rating: 5 out of 5. Great hiddens to be a beast. I havent run across a single question mark yet, never been rocked or knocked down despite top competition. So the heart may be in question which could hurt him on the ground. I used an IQ test on him and was very happy with the results. The skys the limit for Malvo, best prospect Ive ever had.

• Upvote 2

Name: Khal Drogo

Record: 5-1

Organization: Havoc

Strengths: solid chin, durable, above average power

Weaknesses: sub only ground game, untested

Drogo made his debut in QFC. popping solid chin and making quick work of his opponent by tko from the clinch. Next fight was the Vendetta vs LOD event where he stopped a comparable id project by sub in the second. After taking a few months off to train, Drogo joined Havoc and won his first three fights there. The fight of those three to look at was against Vierra, a fighter with the same build and ID. Drogo used his wrestling in reverse here and kept the fight standing and dominated with a volume striking game against a more one dimensional opponent. This fight was a good sign because it showed that Drogo had a little more well rounded skillset then youd think looking at his primaries. Unfortunately, that was his best win but he did show a lot of potential in losing his next fight by decision to Aldo Pitbull (good prospect). Pitbull has finished every opponent but Drogo, and was a stiff test for him. Although Drogo was dominated here it was a good sign that he showed good durability in surviving the fight. At the same time, Drogo's ground game was ineffective as he failed at an alarming number of TD's and was rarely in a dominant position for long when he got there.

Rating: 4 of 5. Based on the results and lack of good opponents I wanted to score Drogo a little lower. But I think his potential is actually higher than he has shown so far. The durability hes shown as well as popping the "big right hand" hidden makes me think he will be pretty viable as he develops. I do have some concerns on build because he doesn't have any gnp and his TD % is alarmingly low, but these things can be fixed through training.

• Upvote 6

Thanks for that JLP, good to see some more views on him. My personal view is, hidden wise he is a beast but his build/slider combo is an issue, i just gotta find the right mix for him.

Even tough I clearly lost the fight with Vieira vs Drogo, it made me happy. Hopefully one day they will meet again and I can give it another shot against your beast ;) Good luck with Drogo!

• Downvote 1

Name: Saul Tigh

Record: 9-1

Organization: USFC

Strengths: Granite chin, finisher, durable

Weaknesses: abysmal competition, build issues, untested

Tigh started his career with 5 fights in QFC. He KO'ed all opponents in the first round but they have a combined record of 1-9, so very little information was gained here besides that Tigh has a granite chin. Tigh signed with USFC to start his career and received two more cans to KO in his first two fights. Both of these jobbers were disposed of in less than a minute. Tigh's first opponent with a winning record came in his next fight when he took on Cactus Jack. Jack provided the fans with an oldschool clinch raping, Tigh did absolutely nothing in the clinch and the fight in general. He was carved open with a flurry of elbows and rocked late in the third before the cuts forced the ref to stop it. Tigh then fought another sub .500 fighter, putting Marks away halfway through the first round. His last fight was against the second opponent with a winning record, a 25 year old creation now over thirty. Tigh was dominated in the first round but rallied in the second to KO Mika with two combos, one knocking him down and one finishing him off.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5. This fighter is a lot like Drogo who I reviewed previously. The hiddens look great, but the build or sliders (really hard to tell) just dont work. No one should ever get destroyed in the clinch like Tigh did vs Jack unless its a huge id/skill mismatch. That fight made me wonder if he has much clinch skill at all. Being a punch only striker is also a dead end, especially at HW where you need those leg and body kicks to wear on your opponents speed and try and gas him.

On the positive side, Tigh's hiddens look good. He is durable, has a chin and has power. His build issues look a lot less repairable than Drogo's though. If this were my fighter I would sit him out for a very long duration and spam train kicks and clinch to cover up those two glaring and obvious holes.

• Upvote 7

Nextttt?

I'm probably only going to do 1-2 a week. I lost a winnable fight (of one of the 4 fighters I have that I care about) last night because I didnt scout it and set my sliders horribly. I was mad at myself because maybe had I done one prospect less and looked at my opponent, I may have won.

I'm also not getting all that many worthy candidates. Lots of managers sent me 1-0 or 2-1 fighters that you cant tell a bit about. It's my fault because I didnt set better parameters. So an ideal prospect should be between 20-23 and have at least 5 fights.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This week I just searched with the parameter of max age 23 and did the top guy on the list.

Name: Arthur Pinto

Record: 14-0

Organization: scamma

Strengths: Granite chin, power

Weaknesses: punch only offense, mediocre competition

Pinto began his career in a QFC tournament, which he won. He popped granite chin in his first fight. He then fought pedestrian competition until receiving a title shot at LFC. In that fight he fought a much older opponent with a solid record in Pojev. The first fight was a blowout, Pinto had little trouble stopping Ponjev, as he stuffed the TD's and KO'ed him. The rematch is a little more interesting as Pojev got an early TD and controlled the first round. Pinto survived and got a ref standup and the escaped the second TD. At the end of the round, he rocked Pojev and proceeded to smash him in the second round leading to a finish. Pinto defended the belt a total of 4 times before moving up to MW to fight a solid, but chinless Gennaro. Gennaro was doing well, but his chin let him down later in the fight.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Pinto has the chin and power to be a top fighter. His defense looks solid both standing and on the ground. He has a track record of finishing opponents quickly after rocking them which is an often overlooked ability. The only thing keeping me from giving him 5 stars is the punch only offense (build issues are fixable). That will get him beat as he steps up in competition. His next fight is in scamma against St. Juste, who is one of scammas better fighters(even though that is far from top level competition). I expect St. Juste to win this fight, but it will tell us a lot about Pinto. If he goes the distance and is somewhat competitive its a great sign.

• Upvote 6

His next fight is in scamma against St. Juste, who is one of scammas better fighters(even though that is far from top level competition). I expect St. Juste to win this fight, but it will tell us a lot about Pinto. If he goes the distance and is somewhat competitive its a great sign.

Why the hell he be fighting unrestricted????? :OMG: .Should have kept him fighting restricted for another while .

Why the hell he be fighting unrestricted????? :OMG: .Should have kept him fighting restricted for another while .

Pinto looks like a very fast learner, he could easily compete unrestricted right now with his hiddens. He's not going to beat one of the triple elites with good hiddens like St Juste though. I think he can beat a lot of the overhyped dinosaurs in scamma. I'd assume his manager is getting a huge chunk of tycoon cash for transferring his hype over to scamma. It's a great way for his manager to find out more about his fighter, he really hasnt been challenged to this point.

I've never understood the "hide out in restricted orgs till the late 20's" mindset that has taken over the game since id orgs have become the standard.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pinto looks like a very fast learner, he could easily compete unrestricted right now with his hiddens. He's not going to beat one of the triple elites with good hiddens like St Juste though. I think he can beat a lot of the overhyped dinosaurs in scamma. I'd assume his manager is getting a huge chunk of tycoon cash for transferring his hype over to scamma. It's a great way for his manager to find out more about his fighter, he really hasnt been challenged to this point.

I've never understood the "hide out in restricted orgs till the late 20's" mindset that has taken over the game since id orgs have become the standard.

Everyone has a different opinion on the matter I am sure but I know for me at least unless my guys are at least somewhat near cap I don't see the point in throwing them into the top few orgs of the game where most have good hiddens and have reached their cap unless my guys are close to the same. Obviously it depends on the build of course too but if I join an org like Evo, I am accepting every fight that comes my way where as you get a situation like Pinto joining GAMMA but there is just no way he is going to be a capped, good build, good hidden fighter like St Juste.

• Upvote 1

When you get to around 74-75%(fast learner at 23-24) of total skill points the top level is dominated by fighters with great hiddens and managers with good sliders. The effective skill difference between 74% and 79% is much smaller than people think. The way mike has it set up the effectiveness difference between elite and sensational is smaller than the effectiveness difference between sensational and exceptional and so on down the line. The actual biggest gap between two consecutive skill levels would be at the bottom of the scale between useless and abysmal.

When I got Bennet to #1 at 27 he was sens/sens/sens/wonderful with only two elite secondaries and having no problem beating fighters with double or triple elites primes. He won two tournaments as the lowest ID entrant, having lower primes than everyone he fought in the second open ID tourney he entered at 25. Capping out is way overrated in this game just like worrying about skill levels is.

Pinto's main problem is his build. He's a punch only offensive fighter with awesome hiddens, among the best Ive seen based on his limited sample size. If he had any kicks or ability to land a TD I could see him beating St. Juste, who is likely declining. I favor St Juste in this fight more because of the build differences and manager ability far more than the skill difference.

• Upvote 3

When you get to around 74-75%(fast learner at 23-24) of total skill points the top level is dominated by fighters with great hiddens and managers with good sliders. The effective skill difference between 74% and 79% is much smaller than people think. The way mike has it set up the effectiveness difference between elite and sensational is smaller than the effectiveness difference between sensational and exceptional and so on down the line. The actual biggest gap between two consecutive skill levels would be at the bottom of the scale between useless and abysmal.

When I got Bennet to #1 at 27 he was sens/sens/sens/wonderful with only two elite secondaries and having no problem beating fighters with double or triple elites primes. He won two tournaments as the lowest ID entrant, having lower primes than everyone he fought in the second open ID tourney he entered at 25. Capping out is way overrated in this game just like worrying about skill levels is.

Pinto's main problem is his build. He's a punch only offensive fighter with awesome hiddens, among the best Ive seen based on his limited sample size. If he had any kicks or ability to land a TD I could see him beating St. Juste, who is likely declining. I favor St Juste in this fight more because of the build differences and manager ability far more than the skill difference.

Interesting, pretty well said. I actually did think there was a bigger difference between Sens or Elite but it makes sense that there wouldn't be that much of one.

Yeah the kicks are what makes that fight go from a winnable underdog fight into slim chance in hell. Any decent manager with a decent hidden fighter is going to have a field day on a guy who doesn't have kicks. It also makes it incredibly easy to predict what Pinto is going to do, which will make him miss a lot more punches that he normally would.

Predict sliders(tho of course all he uses are punches so even auto will help, I would go high head punches and take that element away and counter with heavy kicks. Unless his chin fails him somehow there is just no way I can possibly see him losing with the right sliders.

Well there 2 reason that or my main issue anyway.

Loyalty. If you move your fighter to the top orgs asap as possible how is or the smaller orgs that develop you going to break in the big time?We be stuck with just 2-3 top orgs if the home groin talent keep going to evo .

Also possible unfair math ups maybe you don't think there a much diffidence on skill caps but i disagree .Take Cocky" Rocky McColgan for example.You think he 3 losses were not cause by fighting guys at there full potential ?I bet if rocky was at his peak those results might have be different.IT kinda tarnish his legacy a bit .He could have waited a few years get to his peak then fight in the big orgs and big fights to his hearts content.Why the hell would you fight guys like Leonardo Ferreira and Brick Tires if you not at your peak crazy.

Don't know about legacy because getting into the cage with the greats will be what defines a great career.

Camacho is 26 and has already faced Lil Wayne, Dennis Page and Jami Balkan and will fight Donowitz next. Losing won't hurt him as his record will stand for fighter that got in with the best of best and held his own.

Unless the fighter is slow just fight and take on the best.

• Upvote 5

Well there 2 reason that or my main issue anyway.

Loyalty. If you move your fighter to the top orgs asap as possible how is or the smaller orgs that develop you going to break in the big time?We be stuck with just 2-3 top orgs if the home groin talent keep going to evo .

Also possible unfair math ups maybe you don't think there a much diffidence on skill caps but i disagree .Take Cocky" Rocky McColgan for example.You think he 3 losses were not cause by fighting guys at there full potential ?I bet if rocky was at his peak those results might have be different.IT kinda tarnish his legacy a bit .He could have waited a few years get to his peak then fight in the big orgs and big fights to his hearts content.Why the hell would you fight guys like Leonardo Ferreira and Brick Tires if you not at your peak crazy.

Fairly certain Rocky was close to his cap when he fought Leo. I mean if you look at who he lost against Leo who was the top heavyweight, Brick Tires who for a long time was the 3rd/4th best heavyweight in the game and Varg who defeated Rinky Spider (the 2nd best HW in the game) and took Leo all the way to 5 rounds and nearly beat him. That isn't exactly horrible losses and he held his own in those fights and wasn't just a 3 minute wonder victim.

I am a big believer in leaving ID orgs as early as possible to fight in the big leagues, unlike JLP i do get my guys as close to the cap as possible before moving; you want every advantage you can get in this game. The difference is i do not fight a lot in ID orgs in comparison to most since i train my guys a bit longer than JLP. Bennet for example had 20 fights in an ID org before leaving to enter the Ascension LHW tournament. Roman was 14-0 by the time he stepped into the big leagues. Roman had very little training when he smashed his way through the lD orgs, where as Bennet was still training and took longer between fights. It has always been my goal to go from ID orgs to the big leagues in as short as time possible. I always tend to rotate my fighters so don't feel the need to fight them in their late teens/early 20's and instead train them.

This also serve the purpose that Bennet's career was over fairly early due to injuries, i get the same amount of time as Bennet but i can fight more often in the big leagues. It is really just personal preference when it comes down to what you route you take.

Quick Edit - To be fair to JLP and Bennet, he was created before the injuries started fucking with depops etc. I am fairly certain JLP would have wanted to fight Bennet in the big leagues for as long as possible instead of the 20 fights in the ID org.

Edited by dinooo

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Zsiga Venczel

Record: 8-0

Organization: Highland Challengers

Strengths: Youth, success over older/more skilled competition

Weaknesses: no offensive striking, average hiddens at best, fought during prime development stage

This week I decided to profile a fighter that impressed me a great deal as a 16 year old creation going 8-0 so far on the island. Although his regular season island opponents were not very impressive, winning his first two tourney fights has piqued my interest. Venczel was created as a 16 year old and spent his first year training. He debuted as a 17 year old against an 18 year old and defeated him via GNP. His third fight was his most impressive regular season win, as he submitted a 26 year old ground fighter. Zsiga rode his formidable ground skills to a 6-0 Island record, stopping every opponent placed in front of him. His first round tourney opponent was one that had shown vulnerability to submission in the past, making him an ideal opponent for the young Venczel. He submitted Teeri by americana in the early part of the first round. His most recent fight was easily his most impressive as he took on 11-1 Shoei Braz. Neither fighter was interested in striking, so the all but a few seconds were contested on the mat. Zsiga managed to outgrapple the older fighter and won a split decision based on his top control and gnp.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Venczel is an interesting fighter due to age and success against older fighters. There was not a single clue to his hiddens in any of his TOTT's (possible that I missed one though). Despite that, he has been very productive and showed good finishing ability. The build wont work in the regular game, but as an 18 year old leaving the island there is plenty of time to fix his shortcomings. Im not sure how much he could have caught up with the 25 year old builds with Island caliber gyms, but the eye test makes him look underskilled vs his 25year old creation peers. Just as its hard to knock him for not having much of an idea of hiddens, its also a stretch to really boost him based on his results over limited fighters. All in all, it would still be one of the biggest tournament wins in game history if he were to win the island tourney at age 18. Cool fighter and I'll be rooting for him.

• Upvote 1

Name: Zsiga Venczel

Record: 8-0

Organization: Highland Challengers

Strengths: Youth, success over older/more skilled competition

Weaknesses: no offensive striking, average hiddens at best, fought during prime development stage

This week I decided to profile a fighter that impressed me a great deal as a 16 year old creation going 8-0 so far on the island. Although his regular season island opponents were not very impressive, winning his first two tourney fights has piqued my interest. Venczel was created as a 16 year old and spent his first year training. He debuted as a 17 year old against an 18 year old and defeated him via GNP. His third fight was his most impressive regular season win, as he submitted a 26 year old ground fighter. Zsiga rode his formidable ground skills to a 6-0 Island record, stopping every opponent placed in front of him. His first round tourney opponent was one that had shown vulnerability to submission in the past, making him an ideal opponent for the young Venczel. He submitted Teeri by americana in the early part of the first round. His most recent fight was easily his most impressive as he took on 11-1 Shoei Braz. Neither fighter was interested in striking, so the all but a few seconds were contested on the mat. Zsiga managed to outgrapple the older fighter and won a split decision based on his top control and gnp.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Venczel is an interesting fighter due to age and success against older fighters. There was not a single clue to his hiddens in any of his TOTT's (possible that I missed one though). Despite that, he has been very productive and showed good finishing ability. The build wont work in the regular game, but as an 18 year old leaving the island there is plenty of time to fix his shortcomings. Im not sure how much he could have caught up with the 25 year old builds with Island caliber gyms, but the eye test makes him look underskilled vs his 25year old creation peers. Just as its hard to knock him for not having much of an idea of hiddens, its also a stretch to really boost him based on his results over limited fighters. All in all, it would still be one of the biggest tournament wins in game history if he were to win the island tourney at age 18. Cool fighter and I'll be rooting for him.

Good write up JLP. I wonder if this guy has potential to find a lot of success once he's finished on The Island. I'll be following his career.