HERO FC - Official Smack Talk Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1343662574thumbnailCAPYBY2M.jpg

This is where you can talk trash about your opponent, develop your fighter's character, and say just about anything you like (within the forum rules) to hype your fights and your fighters.

Since many people have a different manager name and forum name, it is a good idea to attach your manager photo into a post in which your "manager" is speaking. Likewise, if you are doing a promo for a specific fighter, it is a good idea to include that fighter's photo.

If anyone doesn't know how to do that, PM me and I will help you out with it.

• Upvote 1

Okay people, let's get this thing going on.

With great pleasure, I'm gonna bring you an interview with former featherweight champion Georgi Todorov where he talks about his move to lightweight, future opponent and his plans.

Interviewer: Hey Georgi, real nice of you to give us some of your time to answer a couple of questions for the delight of your fans.

Todorov: No problem brother.

Interviewer: So how do you feel about your move to lightweight and what was the thing that made you move up a weight class?

Todorov: Well the weight cut was a bit of a factor for me as I am one muscular sexy beast as you can see, so I decided to move up a weight class. I think I'll have a speed advantage over anyone out there and you'll see me better then ever.

Interviewer: What do you think about current featherweight champion Antero Wursty?

Todorov: Oh, he is a good fighter and hits pretty hard. I think he will be champ for a long time unless I go down to featherweight again and whoop his ass, cuz I'm confident that if we meet again I'll carve a hole in his skull.

Interviewer: Give us your toughts on your next opponent Usko Luttinen, who is a revered striker.

Todorov: Phf. Luttinen has been destroyed by fighters that aren't qualified to make me a sandwich. I don't think he has stepped against anyone like me in his career, but it is another pay day for me and I'll show him what fighting is all about.

Interviewer: How far do you think you can go in the lightweight division?

Todorov: I'm kinda offended by that question... I fight for only one reason and that is to become a champion, there is no other option for me - it's either that or retirement and I don't feel like retiring just yet.

Interviewer: Okay Georgi, that will be all. Good luck in your fight against Luttinen!

Todorov: Thanks, but I don't believe in luck. Hard work and determination is what helps you in a fight, not luck. Peace.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12w14.jpg

Hello my name is Ariel Helwani and im sitting in the bar of Kamppi Arena with lightweight contender Joonas Muikku who lives here in Helsinki.

Ariel: Your weight class is very stacked, do you agree?

Joonas: You are absolutely right, 155 is full of talented, interesting fighters and im sure that AJ (CEO of HERO) is rubbing his hands because he knows, that we are going to make shitloads of money for him.

Ariel: Actually, AJ flew me from New York to here in Helsinki with his private jet, so i guess that he is doing fine.

Joonas: Yeah, he is one rich motherfucker, but you are dreaming if you think that fighters of HERO is enjoying the success. You are bying drinks tonight Ariel.

Ariel: Well, i think its better if we change the subject if you want to keep your job. Your next opponent is Funny Jobber. Give us your thoughts of him?

Joonas: Everytime i visit in AJ's office to discuss my next fight or something else, and when im leaving, he makes the body check just to make sure that im not stealing anything...

Ariel: Thats interesting. About your next fight...

Joonas: You are jew, right? Is AJ your cousin maybe? That could explain the private flight from new york.

Ariel: You are out of the line, Joonas. And AJ uses his jet when HERO is travelling around the world, he bought that jet just to fly his fighters. You flew to New York in that jet. You dont remember that?

Joonas: After we came back to Helsinki and was the pay day, i got way less than i should and the reason he gave me was journey expenses... I think that he bought his newest bentley with the money that he made in HERO: New York.

Ariel: Funny Jobber has black belt in brazilian jiujitsu, are you confident that if he takes you down, you can get up without tapping?

Joonas: I watched Georgi Todorovs interview before i came here, and i tell you, i laughed my ass of. He says that he came up because weight cut was so hard, but we all know that the reason behind the move was that he got wooped by Antero and Maarten. But he has to be full time drunk because he came up to tougher division. Luttinen will bitch slap him back to featherweight or if things get ugly, in to other profession. Listen, if Georgi wins LW championship i promise that i guit MMA and start new career as AJ's limo driver, back washer and bootblack.

Ariel: Well..

Joonas: Lets take a look of Georgis previous fights. 3 pure KO losses in his last 4 and he goes up in weight class... That is not going to end well. Poor guy... and AJ is only thinking the money he makes with Georgi getting his brains destroyed. Sure, that is Georgis own choice and he will not get any compassion in the ring from Luttinen, me or anyone else.

Ariel: Was it the nose or what that made you notice that me and AJ are relatives?

From Georgi Todorov tweeter: @muikku seems quite delusional and is not to be taken seriously. It looks like he has taken too many blows to the head. Poor guy better stop running his mouth otherwise he might find himself in some unhealthy situations conserning his face and my fists.

HERO LONDON PREVIEW

How are you people? Not that it really matters because with the next HERO event your mood is bound to get sky high. HERO FC is back on tour and we are visiting London to show those islanders how to put a great show. We have 10 high class competitive fights and a main event for the ages – our highly revered champion Igor Yakovchenko goes to scrap for the lightweight strap against the boxing god Ingemar Anders. We have some kickass fights before that’s so let me show you why the hottest place for MMA tonight will be the Hard Knocks arena in London:

Preliminary card

Zander "Fury" Murie (0-0-0) v "The Demon Child" Natalie Renee (2-3-0)

Lightweight

Murie will have a tough debut against Renee who is a really skilled competitor still looking to get things going his way, but if he wins it, “Fury” will show that he is for real and any lightweight should take him seriously.

"The American Dragon" Daniel Bryan (4-2-0) v "The Little Princess" LeeAnne Marie (2-4-0)

Light heavyweight

Daniel Bryan had high expectations about his HERO future but he suffered a bitter defeat in his debut fight for the org and will look to capture his first win here against “The Little Princess”. He has to be mindful about LeeAnne’s boxing because if he doesn’t, he will be in for a nasty surprise.

Bong Ki Duk (4-4-0) v Rorion "Anaconda" Marcellado (2-0-0)

Heavyweight

Bong Ki Duk came in Helsinki to regain his lost composure and strat stringing wins as he is on a 3 fight losing strint. He will have a serious challenge as few grapple the way Marcellado does and his has yet to taste defeat if I were Ki Duk, I’d stay off the mat but that’s easier said than done.

"bk" Bk bk (7-2-0) v Eije "The Regulator" Blackbunr (3-1-0)

Bantamweight

Bk is a QFC tournament runner up and is 2-0 in the HERO cage, showing that he is here to stay and his grappling is a threat to anyone. Blackbunr suffered a defeat in his HERO debut and I have information that he isn’t in the right state of mind to fight so it will be a serious feat if he comes out victorious.

“The Prodigy " Thiraphon Jr Phuttharaksa (6-8-0) v Meenny Vattalles (6-1-0)

Bantamweight

“The Prodigy” has all of his wins by submission but his opponent is using his defensive wrestling and crisp boxing really well so Meenny is a favourite in my eyes. That said, you can never count out a guy with a name like Thiraphon’s. In fact I had a nightmare where I had to spell the guy’s name a thousand times and for every mistake I got bitch slapped by Vihtala… It was pure horror I tell you!

Main Card

Trulove Sackett (5-6-0) v "Uncle Monty" Montague Withnail (5-1-0)

Featherweight

This is the type of fight where the veteran meets the newcomer and that newcomer looks

like a real beast to me. Sackett got tapped out in his last two and he is facing a BJJ black belt so he better shows some accurate striking good footwork and takedown defense because otherwise Withnail will go home carrying a limb or two.

"The Hurricane" Rubin Carter (3-3-0) v "Night Time" Jared Listen (6-2-0)

Middleweight

There will be some bad blood between those two I’m sure. They are among the top guys in the division and Carter made clear what he thinks about that fight in a recent interview – “This Jared Listen guy has nothing on me, I find his nickname “Night time” fitting because that’s exactly what is going to happen when we get in the cage with each other, he is going to sleep in the first round.” There is no one….NO ONE in this division that can beat me a storm has arrived and this Hurricane is gaining more power with each fight.” That seems like Carter is a bit overconfident but that might have did Rubin more harm than good as Listen would go out extra motivated.

Jorge "J.G." Gurgel (4-1-0) v Vasara Hai (7-3-0)

Lightweight

Gurgel and Hai are both ground fighters so for those of you, who favour technical ground battles this fight is something you shouldn’t miss. They are coming of losses and they will be determined to show their growing and the fact tha losses only made them stronger. Let’s see who will get back to his winning ways and who’ll drop even further down the ladder.

"Satan" Wavy Davy (2-0-0) v "The Elk" Ruslan Smirnov (7-3-0)

Bantamweight. Co-main event.

Ruslan Smirnov was as close as he could be to a title shot and some would even say he deserved it but didn’t get it as he lost to Kong King in his last outing. He will look to get it this time around with a win against the undefeated prospect Wavy Davy. Davy showed he is already looking like a title contender KOing a former champion and getting a submission in his debut fight so I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a title shot if he wins in an especially dominant manner.

Igor Yakovchenko (5-4-0) v "The Son of God" Ingemar Anders (7-2-0)

Lightweight. Title fight. Main event.

Ingemar Anders hasn’t lost a fight since his arrival in the HERO ranks and it was inevitable that he will compete for the title at some point. That time has come and he will face Igor Yakovchenko, who was considered as the biggest disappointment in the lightweight division having lost 4 out of his first 6 fights and then went on to became a champion. Not only that, but he looks like a real killer out there indicating that he might turn out to be a dominant one. “The Son of God” gave praise to Igor’s capabilties in a recent interview – “Igor is amazing man this guy is so skilled in every area it’s going to be a huge test for me. Im going to be looking for the knockout like I always do, but Igor has power too so its going to be a great fight either of us could win.” It is always good when you see respect between the fighters and it shows that the sport has much more to it then two guys trying to take their heads off… not that it is a bad thing or something but still… There is a good possibility that we witness just that as Anders always goes out there to send someone home with a concussion and Yakovchenko is a pretty confident striker as well. It will be interesting whether the champion will try to take it to the ground or will he put his striking to the test against the heavy hitter.

That’s all for today folks. Stay tuned for more previews and don’t forget to visit the smack talk thread and create some buzz for your fights. You can also send me some stuff that you want me to incorporate in my writing and I’ll do it (probably).

• Upvote 1

HERO Fight Night 5 Preview

Guess what… another preview is coming your way. HERO FC is back in the Malmi Sportshall in Helsinki and will give locals the privilege of watching some kick ass MMA. In case you don’t know, I’m Bel Ciganin and I’ll guide you through the match ups that HERO Fight Night 5 will offer to the bloodthirsty crowd. We don’t have a title fight tonight but the main event that will leave no one complaining – former champ and hall of famer Eddie Torrez goes out against Rambo Kukkonen, but before that we have 9 very intriguing fights as well:

Preliminary fights

Damien Byrkjelo (3-3-0) v "The Beast" Ieuan Williams (4-7-0)

Heavyweight

A great start of the night with a heavyweight collision between two evenly matched monsters. It will be interesting to see what type of gameplan those two will chose and will it work out.

"Killah B" Brian Fury (3-7-0) v Konstantin Zyuzin (0-2-0)

Light heavyweight

Fury has suffered so many concussions recently that I wonder whether he remembers the last time he won a fight. He will have a chance to remind himself that feeling against the sensational wrestler Konstantin Zyuzin who will be looking for his first pro victory.

Key Chain (5-3-0) v Nyyrikki "Noutaja" Takaraivo (4-1-0)

Light heavyweight

Key Chain’s hands are a serious threat to anyone, including muay thai machine Takaraivo, who suffered his first pro loss last time out and will look to get back to his winning ways with an impressive performance tonight.

Desmond "Dandy Des" Harrington (5-1-0) v Terrell "Ball So Hard" Suggs

Featherweight

Harrington is a relentless grinder with all of his wins coming by a decision, while Suggs has never been the distance so it will be interesting who will feel more comfortable in the HERO cage and use his skill set to disturb his opponents game.

Jacky Ler (2-2-0) v "The Executioner" Maarten Van Der Moot (9-4-0)

Featherweight

Jacky Ler has been inconsistent in the past, but he better bring his A game this time, because if you have a bad day at the office against Maarten, you usually end up in the hospital. Both guys need the win to stay relevant but only one would get it and to be honest, I can’t wait to see who would that be.

Main Card

Juan "JDS" Dos Santos (8-6-0) v Artie Lange (6-5-0)

Bantamweight

JDS was once considered one of the scariest bantamweights out there, but he is currently on a 4 fight losing streak. That said, his grappling could be a problem for everyone and Artie Lange is no exception. Lange is a competent grappler in his own right, so I guess this will turn out to be a technical ground battle with no clear favourite.

"Burgiata" Petter Krustev (8-5-0) v Gevorg Petrosyan (3-2-0)

Light heavyweight

We have two newcomers who better do a good first impression, because the light heavyweight division is as stacked as any. Both Krustev and Petrosyan are primarily strikers so maybe a highlight reel KO is on its way.

Brian "Barrage" Lancer (7-4-0) v Trouble Some (4-1-0)

Light heavyweight

Another light heavyweight showdown will keep us on the edge of our seats as Lancer and Some would go out there to determine who belongs among the best in the division and who will have more of a gatekeeper status.

Matthew "Blackheart" Murt (7-4-0) v "Jose" Joonas Mustonen (9-5-0)

Bantamweight. Co-main event.

Murt has been undefeated in his last 8 outings and will look to cause some serious noise in the bantamweight division. In order to do that though, he has to make it past former champ Joonas Mustonen who might prove to be more then Matthew can chew at the moment. “Jose” has lost his last two fights and another loss would really make his life a nightmare as we all know that in order to maintain the awesome look of his beard, he has to pay a small fortune everytime he goes to the barber and losers don’t get paid a lot.

"Kuusamon Zorro" Rambo Kalervo Kukkonen (6-1-1) v Eddie "Rhino" Torrez (10-3-0)

Middleweight. Main event.

This fight has all the things that make a good fight – two skilled competitors and a drive to win in every one of them. Kukkonen made an unsuccessful HERO debut but beat former champ Albert Fish last time out so he has some momentum going and would like to whoop another former champ’s ass. That is no easy task though, as Torrez is not someone who goes out without a fight. The Hall of Famer is one of the most feared fighters on the roster and since he lost his title in his last fight, he is even more feared because he is frustrated and no one likes to have a pissed Rhino letting his frustration out on them. When we look at both guys’ capabilities, Kukkonen seems like he has more tools to win as he is an incredible grappler with good hands, but Torrez’ striking is something that makes a bet against him a very unsafe way of dealing with money. I’m so excited for this one that I abandoned my usual seats behind the ring girls to have a better view of the fight and that means a lot!

Thanks for the time people. Stay tuned for more previews and don’t forget to check the Smack Talk Thread every once in a while. Peace!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33w14.jpg

Wai Man Li took a brief break from training to pass along his thoughts on his upcoming fight with Doug Camcho. Here is what he had to say:

The last time I fought Doug Camcho, I was overconfident. I was the champion, and to be honest, I was already looking ahead to a potential showdown with Usko Luttinen. This time, I know enough not to take Camcho lightly. I will be focused and better prepared this time around. If Camcho thinks he is facing the same fighter who allowed him to kick spam his way to a first round victory, he is sorely mistaken. Doug Camcho, I am now at the top of my game, which spells a third consecutive loss for you.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it’s that time of the week – the HERO FC event is just a couple of hours away and it is time for me to do my job and tell you why exactly you should spend your money for a ticket and head down to the Malmi Sportshall – because HERO Warfare 5 is something special! We have two titles on the line and some incredible match ups that promise a serious bloodshed and a loss of thousands of brain cells for our fighters. In the Co main event, Virgil Morgan will try to dispatch Artem Bessmertin for the welterweight title, while in the main event, heavyweight king Tobias Larsson will look for his second successful title defense against Clarence Adams – the person who held the belt before him. I know it sounds great, but that is not all:

Preliminary card

Johnny Lau (0-1-0) v "Heavy metal" Zoran Lippo (2-2-0)

Middleweight

Lau is a muay thai machine, but he has shown that he is vulnerable to submissions, so the well-rounded Lippo would probably try to take this fight to the mat ASAP.

Rafael Carneiro (4-7-0) v Marius Matei (3-3-0)

Middleweight

Rafael Carneiro is a great grappler but he has a suspect chin and mediocre striking (at best) so he better take Matei on his back and ensure he stays on top, because Marius has the ability to shut his lights out with his striking and ground and pound.

Arttu Attila (3-8-0) v "Subway" Teemu Yumma (7-6-0)

Welterweight

Attila’s main strain is his grappling but when you face a wrestler like Yumma you know that your best chance of fighting on the ground is being on your back. I don’t think Yumma would want that though as he uses his Greco-Roman experience well and is known to unload serious punishment in the clinch.

Jeremy "Pervert" Truong (6-2-0) v Randy West (4-5-0)

Lightweight

Truong’s style can be described with two words – sprawl and brawl. He showcases great takedown defence in order to stay in position to send the opponents head into the 3rd row and does that with remarkable ease. Truong hasn’t been the distance and Randy West is a great striker, as well so I won’t be surprised if the KOTN award goes to one of those two.

Richard Burger (4-3-0) v Nikolai Jegorowitsch Makarow (2-1-0)

Heavyweight

Makarow suffered a heavy upset KO loss last time out, which was yet another confirmation of the fact that the heavyweight division is the most unpredictable and all it takes for a fight to end is one punch, so he will try to let his frustration out on Burger and get back to his winning ways. Richard is one of the most exciting guys on the roster as well and he is always on the offence so expect a great scrap.

Main Card

Andrzej "Litwin" Rostowski (5-6-0) v Tommi "T-bomb" Talentti (6-4-0)

Featherweight

The first fight between those two was a pretty close grappling battle that the judges scored in favor of Rostowski because of his better wrestling at the time. It will be interesting to see who was developed his game more and will Talentti avenge his loss.

Funny Jobber (7-3-0) v Joonas Muikku (6-1-0)

Lightweight

Those two are one of the most skilled guys in the division, but they are being somewhat overlooked. Jobber is pretty much a new adition to the HERO FC, but his debut showed us that his grappling is a thread to everyone out there. Muikku is currently on a two fight win streak and if he uses his striking effectively, I’m guessing he will get another KO and raise his stock considerably.

Doug Camcho (7-2-0) v Wai Man Li (10-3-0)

Lightweight

The last time those two met, it was for the title and it ended with a head kick landed by Doug Camcho. Camcho lost his title too and now both guys are desperately looking for impressive showings and wins against high caliber opponents. Wai Man Li stated recently that he didn’t took Camcho seriously and was looking past him, but now he is better then ever and is determined to show it. Doug showed that he has the tools to whoop Li’s ass so I’m not sure that he is concerned about what Wai had to say.

"The Killer" Virgil Morgan (6-0-0) v "Kaschey" Artem Bessmertin (5-1-0)

Welterweight. Title fight! Co main event.

Virgil Morgan stormed the HERO welterweight division and captured the title in his 4th pro fight. The fact that he has able to achieve such huge success this early in his career speaks for itself about his skills. In fact, I think he is yet to show what he is truly capable of. Could he turn out to be the next Vihtala? Artem Bessmertin doesn’t think so. He brings sensational wrestling, great top control and has displays textbook dirty boxing when in the clinch position, so he has the tools to match Morgan’s flawless game and give him the hardest fight of his life.

"Kroll" Tobias Larsson (11-2-0) v Clarence "Cold Cocked" Adams (7-3-0)

Heavyweight. Title Fight. Main event.

Tobias Larsson has shown that he deserves to be a champion time and time again. If there was someone who had doubt about his skills, determination and unbreakable will, the second fight with Borisov should have convinced them. Larsson went through hell, but eventually he secured a triangle and grabbed the win. Adams lost the title to him, the first time they met and will do everything in his power get it back this time around. He lacks Larsson’s experience and grappling skills, but his hands make up for it and he has shown that they are a threat to anyone. Both guys are pretty much the same size, so that won’t be a factor – it will come down to who wants it more and who has the tools to get it.

That’s all folks. Don’t forget to check the Smack Talk Thread frequently, because that is where I’ll post my writings + there are some very interesting previews and stuff.

Post Fight Press Conference

Okay guys, we had another solid night of fights tonight at HERO Warfare 5. Tobias Larsson took care of business and retained his heavyweight title. Artem Bessmertin shocked the world and dethroned Virgil Morgan for the welterweight crown. Congrats to them and everyone else who won their fight tonight.

Before we analyze what tonight's results mean, let's hand out the "Of the Night" awards.

KO of the Night: Tobias Larsson landed a huge shot from mount in the second round of the heavyweight title fight to score the only true KO of the card.

Sub of the Night: Zoran Lippo made quick work of Johnny Lau, making him tap to a kimura only 42 seconds into their fight.

Fight of the Night: Randy West and Jeremy Truong went toe to toe for 15 minutes. While West clearly got the better of Truong, both men stood and traded the entire time.

Obviously, with two titles on the line, this card was important to the HERO title picture. In the welterweight division, new champion Artem Bessmertin will be paying close attention to the Fredrikson/Sonni matchup coming up in three days. The winner of that fight will likely be next in line for a title shot.

In the heavyweight division, Tobias Larsson won his fifth straight fight and has plowed through most of the competition in the heavyweight division. The rumors are that he will either face former 4K champion Brandao or engage in a superfight with Aleksi Vihtala.

Funny Jobber and Wai Man Li both scored impressive wins in the lightweight division. With Jango Fett taking a little time off to train, one of them will likely get the next crack at Igor Yakovchenko's title belt.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12w14.jpg

Im sitting here in Malmin Tillikka with disappointed Joonas Muikku who luckily doesnt have any marks of fighting in his face.

Interviewer: This loss did remind me a lot about your other loss against Jango Fett, do you feel that this was repeat from that and do you feel that you have to work your defensive wrestling so you can keep the fight standing?

Joonas: I got punched in the face one time in a whole fight, end of story. After the fight i went to AJ's office to negotiate new contract, and i was hopeful that AJ will finally reward me because of my loyalty and great fights ive been fighting, but no, he had that same smirk on his face as always, and when i looked the contract offer, i knew why. It was slap on my face. It was an insult. I took a deep breath, put my angry face on and watched him deep in the eyes... And signed the contract. And when i was leaving the office, he did make the usual body check, took his jacket off and showed me t-shirt that he was wearing:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6339118_700b.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12w17.jpg

Interviewer: I am here with HERO's new signee Ian Miles. First off let me start off by asking how do you feel about the new org you just signed too?

Miles: I'm pumped up man. AJ Nex is an awesome owner and I'm looking forward to fighting in his Org.

Interviewer: What do you think about the talent in the 185 pound weight class you will be fighting in?

Miles: I think all of the fighters in this division are talented, but I don't think they can beat me. I go into the cage every fight looking for a finish. Whether it's on the feet or on the ground no one will be able to keep up with me.

Interviewer: Well I and many others are looking forward to you're debut.

Miles: As am I. Thank you.

Edited by Samredo

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w18.jpg

Immortals New York has a really popular smack talk thread and one thing that I noticed is that most people include a manager or fighter picture when they post. This makes it a lot easier to identify who is saying what. I updated the first post of this thread to suggest people here also do that.

I included a photo of HERO superstar Eddie Torrez here as an example ;)

HERO 47: Olson vs Murphy Preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/13581904271234.jpg

This Saturday, HERO FC is holding another event that you can watch on PPV and let’s face it – you’ll be a fool if you don’t because HERO 47: Olson vs Murphy will no doubt entertain everyone who is a fan of martial arts. The match ups we have for you will make your day – it is cheaper then hookers and you are still watching sweat and naked bodies, what could be better then that?! The card features former champions, young and talented prospects, exciting new additions to the ranks and a main event for the middleweight title – Olson will put his belt on the line against Murphy. Let’s see exactly what will go down on Saturday, so that you can choose which fighters are suitable targets for your overpriced drinks and which ones deserve your standing ovations:

Preliminary card:

Liam Nate (9-9-1) v Mike "Asme" Stillao (4-6-0)

Featherweight

Liam Nate is generally a hard worker and a real veteran, but this time his training didn’t go so well and his motivation seems to be missing so Stillao’s grappling might be more then Nate could handle at the moment.

Henderson Braga (1-0-0) v Warmonger Sion (4-5-0)

Heavyweight

Warmonger Sion has seen a lot of the HERO cage so he has the experience over his opponent tonight. Sion prefers to grapple with his opponents, but Henderson is a BJJ black belt so that won’t be really smart. His hands can smart too, so Sion has to be really careful with his approach otherwise he will have a quick and unpleasant night.

Conor "Monster" Heatrt (6-7-0) v Dan "No" Love (6-8-0)

Bantamweight

Heartr is having it really tough recently as he had been finished in his last fights from numerous guys including his next opponent – Dan Love. Conor things he is ready to get back to his winning ways and will look to avenge one of his losses. Love looked out of shape at the weigh-ins so maybe he won’t have the energy to do what he did when those two met for the first time.

Jaarko Hahlund (7-7-0) v Mertsi "Teufel Jr" Peltola (5-6-0)

Light heavyweight

Hahlund is a confident striker and in time it was revealed that the easy way of beating him is to take him down. Peltola has a couple of submissions in his record so Jaarko has to put some serious effort to stay on the feet, otherwise he might find himself missing a limb… or maybe two, cuz I heard the ref for the fight was a new guy – just got out of prison after a murder or two.

"The Elbow" Charles Cooper (6-4-0) v Jake Shields (3-3-0)

Welterweight

Everybody knows what Cooper does in his fights – presses you up against the cage and starts to unload with elbows. Jake Shields couldn’t do anything about it the first time they met and got KOed, but that was then. He believes he has improved immensely and will look to show it tomorrow.

Main card

"General" Liang Guanglie (2-1-0) v Markus "Dr Pepper" Heinola (5-5-0)

Heavyweight

What better way to start a PPV then a fight featuring two guys with 13 fights both, all of them ending in a KO. I’m telling you, this one will end with one of those two laying motionless. Heinola might just be the most entertaining guy to watch – he is a total nut job. He tries to take your head off and the only way to stop him is to do the same thing to him before that. Guanglie doesn’t look like he is any different and has the boxing to make that kind of style very successful.

Dae Jung Pak (7-5-0) v Chuck Vogelpohl (5-4-0)

Welterweight

This is a very intruguing welterweight clash as Dae Jung Pak can beat anyone in the division if he is having a good night and Chuck Vogelpohl has won 3 of his last 4 fights. They both are well rounded so wherever the fight goes, it will be a technical one. I won’t be surprised if the winner of this one becomes the dark horse of the division and really open our eyes about his real capabilities.

"Bate" Boyko Borisov (8-6-0) v Guy "Skull Pirate" McKain (3-0-0)

Heavyweight

Boyko Borisov looked like the HW GOAT at one point of his career but he has suffered 3 losses in his last 4 fights and many people consider him washed up. I wouldn’t go that far tough. I think he needs to regain his focus and motivation and rely on his strengths. His opponent is a new comer, but I sense he is already hated by AJ, because facing off against Boyko Borisov in your HERO debut is a bit harsh… lightly said. McKain definitely has the tools to beat Boyko. He’s an incredible wrestler with a BJJ brown belt and is no slouch in the stand up as well so expect a very even and eventful fight.

Johan Fredrikson (11-0-0) v Kaheli Sonni (6-2-0)

Welterweight. Co main event.

When I found out Johan Fredrikson is coming into HERO, I couldn’t believe it! The guy is the Vicious Fighting champion, holds a perfect record with 11 victories and has arrived in the welterweight division with the clear intention to do some serious harm. AJ already stated that the winner of this fight will get the title shot, but if there is someone who can cool the heat, that’s Kaheli Sonni. He is on a 4 fight win streak and has a very serious arsenal that can make Johan consider a quick move to his former org.

Christian "Osmosis" Olson (10-1-0) v Mark Murphy (10-4-0)

Middleweight. Title Fight. Main event!

Christian Olson was a bit overlooked as all the attention was attracted by Albert Fish and Eddie Torrez at one point. That didn’t seem to bother “Osmosis” as he kept on trashing opponents and when he got his chance, he avenged his only loss and took the belt from Torrez. His opponent tonight, Mark Murphy, made his debut on HERO 2 and has had 14 fights in the organization. A real veteran, who deservedly got a title shot after winning 4 straight. Murphy has not held a title to that point although he fought 2 times for it, so will the 3rd fulfil his dream to become a champion? That is very likely if he is able to keep it standing and use his crisp striking efficiently. That won’t be easy as Olson is known for the pressure he puts on opponents and his wrestling is the best in the division. He should be careful as he is closing in the distance because he might pay dearly if he doesn’t.

• Upvote 1

HERO 47 was another successful night for HERO. It was one of the highest rated shows in our history. PPV events still aren't paying off financially, but they sure are fun. Christian Olson successfully defended his middleweight title with an arm triangle submission of Mark Murphy, while Kaheli Sonni shocked the world by handing Johan Fredrikson his first career loss. Boyko Borisov got back on the winning track with a big TKO finish of previously surging Guy McCain.

Let's take a look at some of the best perfomances of the night by handing out the "Of the Night" awards:

KO of the Night: Henderson Braga used vicious ground strikes to knock Warmonger Sion out cold.

Sub of the Night: Christian Olson kept his title with a spectacular arm triangle in the first round against Mark Murphy.

Fight of the Night: Mertsi Peltola eked out a victory over Jaarko Hahlund in a battle that saw action at a distance, in the clinch, and on the mat.

Tonight's results answered some questions about future matchups, while also raising some more. Sonni's big win puts him in line for a title shot against new champion Artem Bessmertin. Sonni would be considered an underdog once again. Let's see if he is up for the challenge.

Amongst middleweights, there is really nobody on a big winning streak who stands out as a clear #1 contender. The next shot at the title could go to Eddie Torrez or Werkka Easterlund, depending on the results of upcoming fights. The top of this division is wide open right now.

Starting tonight, HERO is going to keep org rankings to better reflect the title picture in HERO. The rankings will be based on hype, P4P ranking, recent fight results and fighter skill level.

After tonight's event, here are the updated org rankings:

Bantamweight (135 lb max)

1. Shazaam McDaniels

2. Ruslan Smirnov

3. Kong King

4. Jacek Kowalski

5. Tommy Tapout

Featherweight (145 lbs max)

1. Antero Wursty

2. Tyson Pearson

3. Maarten Van Der Moot

4. Montague Withnail

5. Zhijing Wang

Lightweight (155 lbs max)

1. Igor Yakovchenko

2. Wai Man Li

3. Jango Fett

4. Ingemar Anders

5. Funny Jobber

Welterweight (170 lbs max)

1. Artem Bessmertin

2. Virgil Morgan

3. Kaheli Sonni

4. Johan Fredrikson

5. Thunder Jackson

Middleweight (185 lbs max)

1. Christian Olson

2. Eddie Torrez

3. Werkka Easterlund

4. Rambo Kalervo Kukkonen

5. Mark Murphy

Light Heavyweight (205 lbs max)

1. Aleksi Vihtala

2. Trouble Some

3. Gustav Tedvik

4. Petter Krustev

5. Davor Langerholc

Heavyweight (265 lbs max)

1. Tobias Larsson

2. Marcus Brandao

3. Boyko Borisov

4. Alan Fei Hong

5. Pyry Perkele

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1358337784Image8.jpg

HERO 48 was fantastic. You guys just keep pumping out the quality fights. This event was the second highest rated in HERO history. Big thanks to all of you for making that happen. Tedvik put up another phenomenal performance against Vihtala, but fell short once again. Albert Fish and Kirk Gracie also pulled off big wins that vault them up the rankings.

Let's take a look at some of the best perfomances of the night by handing out the "Of the Night" awards:

KO of the Night: Dougie Silva knocked Rahapussi down with a head kick, waved him to his feet, then knocked him into next week with another one.

Sub of the Night: Montague Withnail worked hard for a submission all throughout the first round, and it paid off with a kimura victory.

Fight of the Night: Aleksi Vihtala and Gustav Tedvik battled everywhere. The judges didn't all agree on who won, but we can all agree it was entertaining.

We have some more movement in title pictures because of this event.

With Vihtala's continued dominance, there is no clear #1 contender. It is possible that he faces the winner of Trouble Some and Petter Krustev. He might also end up taking on the winner of Brandao and Larsson in a superfight. We'll see how the cards play out on that one.

Werkka Easterlund probably would have received a title shot against Christian Olson if he had beaten Albert Fish. His loss drops him a slot or two back and Eddie Torrez is now likely to challenge for the belt.

Pyry Perkele and Kirk Gracie also made big moves up the rankings in their divisions and are just a fight or two away from title discussions.

1. Shazaam McDaniels

2. Ruslan Smirnov

3. Kong King

4. Jacek Kowalski

5. Tommy Tapout

1. Antero Wursty

2. Tyson Pearson

3. Montague Withnail

4. Maarten Van Der Moot

5. Zhijing Wang

1. Igor Yakovchenko

2. Wai Man Li

3. Jango Fett

4. Ingemar Anders

5. Funny Jobber

1. Artem Bessmertin

2. Virgil Morgan

3. Kaheli Sonni

4. Johan Fredrikson

5. Kirk Gracie

1. Christian Olson

2. Eddie Torrez

3. Rambo Kalervo Kukkonen

4. Albert Fish

5. Werkka Easterlund

1. Aleksi Vihtala

2. Trouble Some

3. Mitsuomi Sakata

4. Petter Krustev

5. Gustav Tedvik

1. Tobias Larsson

2. Marcus Brandao

3. Boyko Borisov

4. Pyry Perkele

5. Alan Fei Hong

*rankings are based on hype, popularity, P4P ranking, recent fight history, and fighter skills.

HERO Warfare 6 Preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1358490995warfare.jpg

Hello everyone. I’m back and that means one thing – another HERO event is coming up. So if you are having any other plans for tonight, forget them. HERO Warfare 6 has some of the HERO’s finest talents going at it and the main event will feature Antero Wursty and Tyson Pearson, who will go to battle for the ultimate prize – the featherweight championship. Before that, we have 9 more action packed fights so let’s break those down:

Preliminary card

Terell “Ball So Hard” Suggs (2-3-0) v Octavio Ramos (1-1-0)

Featherweight

That is a very interesting stylistical match up as Terell Suggs is more well rounded than his opponent, but Ramos is a sensational boxer and a BJJ purple belt so he is a danger on the ground and on the feet and Suggs has to be very careful if he wants the victory.

Zander “Fury” Murie (0-0-0) v “The Demon Child” Natalie Renee (2-3-0)

Lightweight

Murie will make his MMA debut against a very serious opponent – Natalie Renee. That is a tough test for any new comer so if Zander finds a way past Renee, he will definitely make some serious noise among the lightweights.

Jorge “J.G.” Grugel (4-1-0) v Vasara Hai (7-3-0)

Lightweight

After suffering his first pro loss, Grugel is determined to never let that happen again but he faces a guy with similar fighting style as his – Vasara Hai. Hai has more experience so let’s see if he can make that work for his benefit.

Hannu Haavisto (4-2-0) v “Miltei” Iivana Jalo (5-2-0)

Heavyweight

Hannu KOed his first opponent in HERO and will look to build on that against talented striker Jalo. Iivana has to be weary about Haavisto’s boxing because he can put a polar bear’s lights out with a single blow.

Lewis “Lights Out” Lee (1-0-0) v “Kruel” Kale Kummola (3-0-0)

Lightweight

Those are some of our newest editions and they sure look promising. It is always exciting when you see two very talented prospects who clearly have what it takes to be contenders in their divisions, especially when you have an explosive striker as Lewis and a really solid grappler like Kummola.

Main Card

Faustino “The Gaucho” Barrientos (4-1-0) v Alan Fei Hong (7-4-0)

Heavyweight

Alan Fei Hong has changed to from a champion to a gatekeeper and he would try to get closer to his former self with a victory against the new comer Faustino Barrientos. Barrientos has a perfect opportunity to make people remember his name – dispatching the former champ with his crisp striking will raise his stock big time.

Orpo Jokinen (4-0-0) v Rauta Naama (8-2-1)

Welterweight

The undefeated Orpo Jokinen is getting really close to a title shot, but his opponent tonight is one of the best welterweights out there – the former champion and hall of famer Rauta Naama. Both posses a BJJ brown belt and I’m sure this fight will go to the ground and it will be grappling that will decide the outcome of this fight.

Pekka “Shorty” Pikkarainen (11-7) v “The King” Zhijing Wang (9-4-0)

Featherweight

Now that is a fight I wanna see! Pikkarainen and Wang are one of the toughest fighters in the division and they always deliver. Both have serious BJJ skills, but Wang is a better striker while Pekka is a better wrestler. Wang has to use his reach advantage and pick him apart from the outside, while Pekka has to use his speed and set up and secure some takedown without getting knocked out.

Usko Luttinen (9-4-0) v Georgi “Sasha Belov” Todorov (9-4-0)

Lightweight. Co main event.

Todorov’s first lightweight appearance will be against the former champion and striking specialist Usko Luttinen. Both guys are having tough times in their careers as Usko has lost his last two and Todorov has won only one fight in his last 4, losing the other 3 by KOs. They are determined to show better fighters from their last time out and Todorov made some comments that show he is not lacking in confidence and he is sure he can get the win, but Luttinen is the kind of fighter that may prove to him that moving up in weight class isn’t the smartest thing he could’ve done.

Antero Wursty (8-2-0) v Tyson Pearson (8-3-0)

Featherweight. Title fight! Main Event!

Antero Wursty proved that he is one of the best fighters in the roaster and will be a dominant champion, as he is riding on an 8 fight win streak with 8 finishes and has made 3 successful title defences. The challenger Tyson Pearson already suffered from Wursty’s heavy hands, who knocked him out in just 72 seconds in their last meeting. Pearson has won his next three fights convincingly and top opposition and has shown he deserves a title shot and I bet he will do better this time out. Tyson is a dangerous grappler so if he is able to take Wursty down, he might give him a very tough time. Antero has beaten Todorov, who had a similar strategy, twice tough so Pearson has to work really hard in order to get the victory in this one.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1358490995warfare.jpg

Warfare 6 was another night of hard fought HERO battles. The quality of competition just keeps going up. Antero Wursty continued to exert his dominance over the featherweight division. Todorov had a successful debut at lightweight and inched his way towards the top of the division. Wang held off the always game Pikkarainen to win his second in a row.

Let's take a look at some of the best performances of the night by handing out the "Of the Night" awards:

KO of the Night: Antero Wursty rebounded from losing the first round to drop Pearson with a straight right and finish him off with shots from mount.

Sub of the Night: Kale Kummola transitioned from a triangle to a armbar smoothly to pull off a slick 30 second win over Lewis Lee.

Fight of the Night: Alan Fei Hong and Faustino Barrientos fought a grueling clinch battle that left Barrientos a bloody mess and Hong a heavyweight contender.

Wang's second win in a row has him looking like the clear #1 contender and hope to avenge his earlier loss to Antero Wursty.

Todorov's move to lightweight seems to be a smart one. His win puts him close to the top of the lightweight rankings and he could be looking at a shot at gold before long.

Rauta Naama's big win has him possibly one fight away from a shot at reclaiming the belt that he held for so long.

Alan Hei Hong kept his name relevent in the ultra competitive heavyweight picture.

Here are the new up-to-date rankings:

1. Shazaam McDaniels

2. Ruslan Smirnov

3. Kong King

4. Jacek Kowalski

5. Tommy Tapout

1. Antero Wursty

2. Zhijing Wang

3. Montague Withnail

4. Tyson Pearson

5. Maarten Van Der Moot

1. Igor Yakovchenko

2. Wai Man Li

3. Georgi Todorv

4. Jango Fett

5. Ingemar Anders

1. Artem Bessmertin

2. Virgil Morgan

3. Kaheli Sonni

4. Rauta Naama

5. Johan Fredrikson

1. Christian Olson

2. Eddie Torrez

4. Albert Fish

5. Werkka Easterlund

1. Aleksi Vihtala

2. Trouble Some

3. Petter Krustev

4. Gustav Tedvik

5. Davor Langerholc

1. Tobias Larsson

2. Marcus Brandao

3. Boyko Borisov

4. Alan Fei Hong

5. Jyrki Jyytti

*rankings are based on hype, popularity, P4P ranking, recent fight history, and fighter skills.

HERO Fight Night 6 Preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1358761617Image14.jpg

Hello fight fans, it is Saturday and HERO Fight Night 6 is coming by storm. This will be a big night for everyone who enjoys the smaller weight classes, as we have 5 fights in the bantamweight division including the main event and the co-main event. And that main event will be something to remember! Shazaam McDaniels will be back in the cage looking for his third successful title defence against the Russian wrestler Ruslan Smirnov. Before that fight though, we have 9 more so let’s not waste time and see what’s going to transpire tonight:

Preliminary card

“The Grinder” Dirk Damon (6-7-0) v “The Little Princess” LeeAnne Marie

Light heavyweight

Damon has the rare ability to make every fight he wins almost unbearable to watch. Marie has the boxing to make him work hard for his money though, but I doubt even he remembers the last time he won a fight, so I’m not utterly excited about this one to be honest.

Eije “The Regulator” Blackbunr (3-1-0) v Jack “The Jack Hammer” Miller (1-3-0)

Bantamweight

Miller has the jitz to get Blackbunr in trouble, but I doubt he has the wrestling to get it to the mat, so if Eije is smart, he might be able to outpoint him in the stand up.

“bk” Bk bk (7-2-0) v “The Prodigy " Thiraphon Jr Phuttharaksa (6-9-0)

Bantamweight

Bk bk seems like he is a little better at what “The Prodigy” does best and that is submission grappling, but as I always say, you can never bet against a guy with a name like that.

Rorion “Anaconda” Marcellado (2-1-0) v “Iron Fist” Jason Rogers (5-3-0)

Heavyweight

People are always excited about the heavyweight division because of guys like Rogers, who have serious KO power and aren’t afraid to throw haymakers. That said, a grappler as good as Marcellado is a joy to watch and can be dangerous for everyone who tries to roll with them.

“The Executioner” Davor Langerholc (5-1-0) v Antero “Sweet Jesus!” Rokka (3-0-0)

Light heavyweight

Langerholc underestimated Vihtala’s grappling and paid dearly for it, so he will now look to make his way back to the top of the ladder. His path crosses the path of the talented striker, who makes his HERO debut – Antero Rokka. This is a huge opportunity for Rokka, let’s see whether he can capitalize.

Main card

"Night Time” Jared Listen (6-3-0) v Atte “Teufel” Peltola (6-6-0)

Middleweight

Atte captured his first win in the middleweight divison and he sure liked it, so he will look to do that again against Jared Listen. Listen has some of the best wrestling, but he uses it only in a defensive manner and I suspect he will stand and trade with Peltola, which is a good idea, because the former light heavyweight’s grappling is his main strength.

Avon “The Wire” Barksdale (3-0-0) v Jarkko “Duck” Vaakku (8-6-0)

Welterweight

Vaakku has been a really vital part for HERO, especially in the early days, but he has won just 2 fights in his last 8 outings. His next opponent is another great grappler, 7 years younger than himself – the undefeated Avon Barksdale. Barksdale has already set a lot of eyes on himself and a victory over a hall of famer might just be what he needs to get himself in the mix.

Hans Olson (6-3-0) v Juan “JDS” Dos Santos (9-6-0)

Bantamweight

Both guys are great grapplers with Olson being a wrestler, while JDS is a competent grappler. I wonder what would Olson’s gameplan be because the last time he took down a submission specialist, he tapped out in just 37 seconds. The fact that JDS has 9 submission victories doesn’t speak well for Olson’s chances on the mat. That being said, close relatives of Dos Santos say he lost his will to fight and had a bad camp, so Hans can exploit that and with a little fate in his hands, he can go home as a winner.

Jacek Kowalski (7-3-0) v Meennt Vattalles (7-1-0)

Bantamweight. Co main event!

Kowalski has been very impressive in the HERO cage so far to say the least, winning 5 of his 6 appearances. His grappling is very slick and his submission against Matti Teitsi might just be the best thing we’ve seen in MMA Tycoon history. A victory here tonight will probably lead him to a title shot, but Vattalles is thinking about it as well. He is on a 6 fight win streak and his boxing and takedown defence really does wonders for him. His plan is pretty simple – hit Kowalski in the face – it is no secret he doesn’t like that at all, after all he has tapped to strikes before.

"Shhhhhazzzam" Shazaam McDaniels (10-5-0) v "The Elk" Ruslan Smirnov (8-3-0)

Bantamweight. Title fight. Main event.

McDaniels started his career with 3 losses and at the time no one tought he will be able to achieve something significant. Well he did and he will look for his 3rd title defence against “The Elk”. Shazaam has made a career from knocking guys out and he is getting really proficient at defending takedowns, but that Russian wrestler knows how to get a takedown and he has never been stopped by strikes, which makes this fight very intriguing. McDaniels is bigger, stronger, younger and has had more fights, but Ruslan does not look intimidated – he just has to do his thing – get it to the ground and snap an arm or something… We will see whether he will have chance to do it.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1358761617Image14.jpg

HERO Fight Night 6 was held in the cozy confines of the Hard Knocks Arena and we sure did pack a lot of action into that place. A new bantamweight champion was crowned, ending the amazing run put on by Shazaam McDaniels. Jacek Kowalski proved that he is more than just the man with the TDPW submission by winning his fourth straight and extending his HERO record to 6-1.

Let's take a look at some of the best performances of the night by handing out the "Of the Night" awards:

KO of the Night: Rorion Marcellado unloaded some devastating elbows from mount that turned Jason Rogers into a bloody mess..

Sub of the Night: With seconds left in the round, Bk Bk got his opponent's back and choked him until he was unconcious with a RNC.

Fight of the Night: In a ground war, Hans Olson used effective ground and pound to outpoint Juan Dos Santos, who remained active by attempting 22 subs.

Ruslan Smirnov is our new bantamweight champion. His dominant performance, topped off with a sweet final round submission, puts him at the top of the mountain.

The first man to challenge him will be Jacek Kowalski. Kowalski has truly earned his shot by consistently putting up wins by any and all means.

Manny Pacquiao is back in HERO! While still a few wins away from regaining his title, it is nice to have the Hall of Famer back.

1. Ruslan Smirnov

2. Jacek Kowalski

3. Shazaam McDaniels

4. Kong King

5. Tommy Tapout

1. Antero Wursty

2. Zhijing Wang

3. Montague Withnail

4. Tyson Pearson

5. Maarten Van Der Moot

1. Igor Yakovchenko

2. Wai Man Li

3. Georgi Todorov

4. Jango Fett

5. Ingemar Anders

1. Artem Bessmertin

2. Virgil Morgan

3. Kaheli Sonni

4. Rauta Naama

5. Johan Fredrikson

1. Christian Olson

2. Eddie Torrez

4. Albert Fish

5. Werkka Easterlund

1. Aleksi Vihtala

2. Trouble Some

3. Petter Krustev

4. Davor Langerholc

5. Gustav Tedvik

1. Tobias Larsson

2. Marcus Brandao

3. Boyko Borisov

4. Alan Fei Hong

5. Jyrki Jyytti

HERO Warfare 7 preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1359805707Image8%20copy.jpg

Greetings to all! HERO Warfare 7 is the thing that every true MMA fanatic has set his eyes on and that is rightfully so, as HERO FC has put a fenomenal card as usual. The event will be held in the Malmi Sportshall, so I suggest you have a drink before you go to the show, cuz the beer there sucks – it is overprised and dilutioned. I wouldn’t worry about that though, because when Igor Yakovchenko and Wai Man Li step in the cage to find out who deserves to be called a lightweight champion, you’ll know that shit just got real, and that is the fight that headlines Warfare 7. Let’s take a closer look at the other fights:

Preliminary cards:

“The Wild One” Ilian Mladenov (0-0-0) v Konstantin Ziuzin (0-3-0)

Light heavyweight

Ziuzin has yet to taste a pro win and will look to do that against Mladenov, who makes his MMA debut. Ilian is a great striker but lacks grappling experience and Ziuzin might prove that wrestling is the most important aspect of MMA, grounding Ilian in order to get the W.

Key Chain (5-4-0) v “Killah B” Brian Fury (4-7-0)

Light heavyweight

Key Chain had a shitty camp from what I’ve heard and Brian has the grappling to exploit Key’s weakness – the ground aspect of fighting. That said, Chain has slick boxing and his hands can definitely smart.

“The American Dragon” Daniel Bryan (4-2-0) v Gevorg Petrosyan (3-3-0)

Light heavyweight

Both Bryan and Petrosyan will go all out in order to get their first victory in HERO FC. They look like they are very solid and well rounded fighters and I’m sure we will get used to see them perform on the main card pretty soon.

Bong Ki Duk (5-4-0) v “The Beast” Ieuan Williams (5-7-0)

Heavyweight

Neither Bong Ki Duk nor Williams are looking like they are ready to put in danger the top heavyweights in the organization, but they are really entertaining to watch and they sure hit hard so I would not blink when those two collide if I were you.

Henderson Braga (2-0-0) v “Mokuttaja” Kuula Natsi (5-3-0)

Heavyweight

Kuula Natsi prefers to use his great submission skills in order to win fights, but Henderson Braga might prove to be a better grappler than himself. Braga is shaping up to be the darkhorse of the division and if he wins this one, he will really cement that statement.

Main Card

Jummi Jammi (5-4-0) v Nyyrikki “Noutaja” Takaraivo (5-1-0)

Light heavyweight

Over the course of his career, Jammi has proved that standing with him equals defeat as he has only been defeated by submission. That said, Takaraivo’s high kicks can send pretty much anyone to sleep, so it will be interesting who will shoot for a takedown first, if anyone chooses to do so.

“Burgiqta” Petter Krustev (9-5-0) v Trouble Some (6-1-0)

Light heavyweight

Petter Krustev came to HERO FC not long ago but he is already in the mix of the possible title contenders and to be honest, after the cleaning Vihtala did in the division, he might be a win away from a shot for it. Trouble Some is starting to establish himself as an elite light heavyweight and his striking can be real trouble for anyone, who decides to trade with him.

Matthew “Blackheart” Murt (7-5-1) v “Z Sub Machine” Tommy Tapout (10-8-0)

Bantamweight

Tommy Tapout is a name, everyone following the fight game in Amsterdam knows. After 4K went down, he found himself in HERO FC and that is surely going to cause some rearrangements within the division’s best. Tapout is an elite grappler, but has shown that he has holes in his striking and Murt, who has lost just 1 in his last 9 fights, might use his well rounded game, avoid the ground action and take home his second victory in the organization.

“The Son of God” Ingemar Anders (7-3-0) v Funny Jobber (8-3-0)

Lightweight. Co main event!

Anders is coming of a loss to the champion and he might be the last step Jobber needs to make in order to get a crack at the Yakovchenko/Li winner himself. Anders has the best boxing in the division but the key to this fight will be his takedown defence, because Jobber will no doubt try to take him into his world – grappling. He is a BJJ black belt and he is able to cause a lot of harm with his jitz, so I predict that the winner will be the one, who controls where the fight will go.

Igor Yakovchenko (6-4-0) v Wai Man Li (11-3-0)

Lightweight. Title fight! Main event!

Yakovchenko is getting more and more impressing with every fight and he already beat Wai Man Li in order to ensure a title shot for himself, so a lot of people are counting the challenger out. But that might be the biggest mistake they’ll make, because Wai Man Li has all the things, needed to win tonight – heart, endurance and wrestling. People say that MMA is a simple sport – two guys go out there, trying to take their heads off and in the end the wrestler always win. Yakovchenko is dangerous in every aspect of the game but if Wai Man Li comes with his A game and a solid gameplan behind him, he might just pull it off!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1359805707Image8%20copy.jpg

HERO Warfare 7 was an extremely important night in the lightweight division. The action sure didn't disappoint. Wai Man Li dominated the first two rounds in the main event, but Yakovchenko showed why he is the champ with a great third round finish. Funny Jobber took a unanimous decision victory to establish himself as the number one contender in the same weight class.

KO of the Night: Daniel Bryan's left hook sent Gevorg Petrosyan face planting into the mat.

Sub of the Night: no submissions on this card

Fight of the Night: Jammi and Takaraivo both mixed punches and kicks in a standup battle so close that one judge scored it a draw.

Igor Yakovchenko extended his title reign in the lightweight division with a come from behind TKO win.

Funny Jobber established himself as the number one contender with a workmanlike wrestling performance in a win over Ingemar Anders.

Tommy Tapout's debut win puts him right in the title hunt. One more win should secure him a title shot.

Trouble Some is also knocking on the door of a title shot. His win puts him in place for a number one contender's bout.

1. Ruslan Smirnov

2. Jacek Kowalski

3. Tommy Tapout

4. Kong King

5. Joonas Mustonen

1. Antero Wursty

2. Zhijing Wang

3. Montague Withnail

4. Tyson Pearson

5. Maarten Van Der Moot

1. Igor Yakovchenko

2. Funny Jobber

3. Georgi Todorov

4. Jango Fett

5. Wai Man Li

1. Artem Bessmertin

2. Virgil Morgan

3. Kaheli Sonni

4. Rauta Naama

5. Johan Fredrikson

1. Christian Olson

2. Eddie Torrez

4. Albert Fish

5. Werkka Easterlund

1. Aleksi Vihtala

2. Trouble Some

3. Davor Langerholc

4. Gustav Tedvik

5. Jummi Jammi

1. Tobias Larsson

2. Marcus Brandao

3. Boyko Borisov

4. Alan Fei Hong

5. Jyrki Jyytti

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12w14.jpg

Joonas Muikku: I have some concerns about refeeing in HERO FC. This Funny Jobber guy, in his last two fights, 30 minutes fighting, and in last 30 minutes he has landed one punch. One fucking slap in last 30 minutes of fighting, and they reward him for that. He just lays and does absolutely nothing. Why ref doesnt stand him up? Referees job is to make sure that both fighters fight. Against me, sure he got the boring decision, but he was the guy who needed hospital after the fight.

HERO Fight Night 7 Preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1360352495Image4%20copy.jpg

Hey! Bel Ciganin here, bringing you the preview for HERO FC’s upcoming event – HERO Fight Night 7. This is an event I can’t wait for, because it has so much key fights for the respective divisions, it is hard to believe it. Not only that, but the main event has Tobias Larsson facing off the last 4K champion Marcus Brandao for the HERO heavyweight title. I got your attention didn’t I? If so, head down to the Malmi Sportshall and get yourself a ticket ASAP cuz I find it hard to believe that there will be a place for everyone interested in that card – that’s half the MMA society we’re talking about. I’ll give you some details about the matchups:

Preliminary card

Rafael Carneiro (4-8-0) v Johnny Lau (0-2-0)

Middleweight

A very interesting fight – Lau can’t defend submissions and Carneiro has great submissions, Rafael has a suspect chin and Johnny hits hard so one can say this one is a toss up.

Cortland “The Carpenter” Cartwright (1-5-0) v “Subway” Teemu Yumma (8-6-0)

Welterweight

Cartwright is having hard times in the cage in his last couple of fights and Teemu Yumma will make them even harder if “The Carpenter” doesn’t come extra motivated, prepared and ready to give everything he’s got, because Yumma’s wrestling is something Cortland can’t negate easily.

Liu “The Chosen One” Kang (2-0-0) v “Heavy metal” Zoran Lippo (3-2-0)

Middleweight

Kang has won all of his pro fights by submission, but he has to be really careful if he wants to engage in a grappling match with Zoran Lippo. In fact, this could turn out to be a huge mistake, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to avoid the ground game and look to outstrike Lippo.

Richard Burger (4-4-0) v Damien Byrkjelo (3-4-0)

Heavyweight

Those two aren’t among the top heavyweights at the moment, but they are always exciting and neither one has been the distance in his pro career so expect fireworks. I can’t make any predictions because when you have guys that evenly matched and that big going against each other there is no logic or reason that can suggest who the winner might be.

Eliod “Scooter” Bunkley Iii (7-8-0) v Marius Matei (4-3-0)

Middleweight

Eliod was one of the toughest middleweights at one point of his career and had a contender’s status, but now, he can’t make it to the main card and he has to put a lot of effort in his upcoming fight against Marius Matei if he wants to get back to his better days. Matei got his first victory in some time last time out and if he wins tonight, that might be a start of a win streak, who knows?

Main Card

“Shejk” Sed El Bunt (2-1-0) v “The Killer” Virgin Morgan (6-1-0)

Welterweight

I really thought that Morgan might turn out to be the next Vihtala, but he showed he is not ready for that kind of comparison. Nevertheless he is a great fighter and I have no doubt he has a bright future. His next opponent is the Abu Dhabi wrecking machine Sed El Bunt. People who haven’t watched his fights might think this is a mismatch but I tell you “Shejk” is capable to get the upset and in my opinion, he could be the next big thing in the welterweight division.

Clarence “Cold Cocked” Adams (7-4-0) v Markus “Dr Pepper” Heinola (6-5-0)

Heavyweight

After his second loss to Larsson for the title, Adams is going to war against my favourite heavyweight Markus Heinola. Heinola has never had a fight that lasted more than 3 minutes and he is a danger to anyone, especially if his opponent decides to stand with him. Since Adams is a striker I suspect another quick fight regardless of the winner and an ending deserving a KOTN award.

“Satan” Wavy Davy (2-1-0) v King Kong (10-3-0)

Bantamweight

Despite having 3 pro fights, Davy is an established member of the bantamweight elite and he will be taking on the former challenger King Kong. Kong looked like a favourite when in his fight against McDaniels, but he couldn’t establish his game and a superman punch ended his night. Both guys are coming off losses and this fight will decide who will stay relevant in the division and who will drop further down the ladder.

Andrzej “Litwin” Rostowski (6-6-0) v “The Executioner” Maarten Van Der Moot (10-4-0)

Featherweight. Co main event.

Rostowski is one of those guys that can beat anyone on a given night, but he sometimes doesn’t really turn it on. Maarten on the other side is always a menace in the cage although his style is pretty one-dimensional and fighters have found the pattern to defeat him and that is to take him down and try to finish him there. Rostowski is a great grappler but he better have his takedown offence spot on, because Van Der Moot hits like a truck and standing with him can be dangerous for Andrzej’s health.

“Kroll” Tobias Larsson (12-2-0) v Marcus “Animal” Brandao (13-4-0)

Heavyweight. Title Fight. Main event

Tobias Larsson holds the record for most title defences in HERO FC heavyweight history and he has already proven that he is the real deal but his opponent tonight is a different “Animal”. Brandao is the last reigning 4K heavyweight champion and he has found his way to our organization. Everyone in Amsterdam knows who he is and I’m sure that fight fans in Helsinki who still don’t know much about him will really be surprised how good that guy is. He has vicious striking and has won every single one of his fights by KO. Marcus is 7 years younger then Larsson but has more fights under his belt so experience won’t be a factor. That said, “Kroll” has nothing to be intimidated of – he has the grappling to take Brandao down and finish him and is competent enough in the striking department to not be turned into a punching bag. This fight is really really tough to predict, but I’m sure it will be a barnburner!

A quickinterview with Bel Ciganin, a manager of 3 fighters fighting in HERO FC:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1351942253get-to-the-choppa.jpg

Interviewer: Hello, I'm here with Bel Ciganin who is managing Georgi Todorov, Ah Puch Nacon and Ilian Mladenov. We are here to talk about those HERO fighters' careers.

Bel Ciganin: Hello, speak quickly and don't waste my time because I am a bussy man you know...

Interviewer: Sure. How do you feel about your work with HERO owner AJ Nex?

Bel Ciganin: Everything is smooth - AJ is a fine businessman and a good employer for me and my fighters.

Interviewer: You are managing three fighters within the HERO roster, what can we expect from them in the near future?

Bel Ciganin: Well Todorov is having a fight booked against Jango Fett and he and his training camp feel confident about that fight and its positive outcome for my man. Todorov and Fett have similar styles, but I think that Georgi is a bit better and more experienced. Ah Puch Nacon is fighting a really tough and experienced fighter Randy West, but he is getting better with every minute spent in the gym and I think a lot of people will be surprised by the beating he will put on West. Mladenov is my least known fighter - he comes from a poor background and I helped him a lot so that he can follow his dream. He is incredibly talanted and I'm sure that the financial boost I gave him will be one of the best investments I made.

Interviewer: Mladenov didn't look so impressive in his MMA debut to be honest - some judges scored that fight 30-25 for his opponent.

Bel Ciganin: Ilian wasn't ready to fight - that was my opionion and his coaches' opinion, but he was so eager to fight that we couldn't reason with him. He got his ass whooped, but he showed great heart, chin and pain tolerance, which really impressed me. The positive thing is he is admitting his mistake and he will very soon get back to training.

Interviewer: When will we see him back in the cage?

Bel Ciganin: Well he has a lot of work to do, but he is very talanted and hard working so I really don't know. At that stage I don't really want to give a prediction.

Interviewer: There was some sort of beef between Georgi Todorov and Joonas Muikku, do you think a fight between them may happen in the near future?

Bel Ciganin: Muikku is a clown in my eyes. He gives absolutely ridiculous statements, but when it comes to fighting he is not that good and he constantly looks for excuses for his poor showing. Right now that fight doesn't make any sence for my man. After all Todorov is championship material, while Muikku is a mediocre fighter looking to gain a bit of attention. If he wants to get a fight with Todorov, he better start stringing wins rather then running his mouth all day long.

Interviewer: What does Todorov think about this fight?

Bel Ciganin: He is a fighter and he'll fight anyone they put against him. He is a professional and I doubt that pitiable attempts to get him in a fight like this, have any effect on him.

Interviewer: Well that was all Mr Ciganin, thanks for your time.

Bel Ciganin: Bye.