Warriors FC

Hello again fight fans! Its your boy Wally Balls back again. Sorry for the lack of previews and reviews and what nots but I'm back and ready to make love to your eyeballs with my words! So lets get down to business!

We will be broadcasting live from Hard Knocks in beautiful downtown Montreal where the poutine is hot and the strippers are easy.

The nights Main Event is a 5 round title match in the Warriors FC Lightweight division. Challenger Reece Edward Duenas, the last lightweight champion in the now defunct but forever loved SFO, comes into this fight riding a 7 fight win streak with impressive victories over Ash Thomas and Bobby Clark and a memorable feud with Christophe Duggary. The man at the top of the pile, current WFC lightweight champion Sinjho Babalu will look to extend his own 5 fight win streak and stake his claim as the undisputed champion in the lightweight division. Both fighters have excellent standup skills and are at home on the ground. Wherever this fight goes we can expect fireworks!

W.B.'s Breakdown: This is going to be a fight of the night candidate for sure. Babalu is prone to inconsistency but if he comes in focused and in shape I give him this fight 9 out of 10 times.

The Co-Main Event pits 2 heavyweight juggernauts looking to establish themselves as title contenders. Mantegna is another former SFO fighter who joined WFC as part of the merger of the 2 great organizations. Mantegna is one of the best boxers in all of mixed martial arts and has tremendous power in his hands and he will need every bit of that power in order to defeat Lester Pearson. Pearson is a prime example of the well-rounded fighter. Excellent striking, strong wrestling background and some of the most underrated jiu jitsu in MMA. His downfall however, has always been his chin, which appears to be made of papier maché. The key to victory for Pearson will be good head movement and landing that big right.

W,B.'s Breakdown: I like Pearson but that chin of his is absolutely Arlovskian. And against a striker the caliber of Mantegna I don't give him much of a chance unless he happens to land a lucky one-punch knockout.

Former WFC lightweight champion Louis St. Laurent will battle with former SFO title challenger Bobby Clark. This is an absolutely outstanding matchup as both fighters are tremendous strikers. Clark gets the edge in striking due to his overwhelming KO power, having earned 7 of his 10 victories by way of knockout. St. Laurent is no slouch on the feet but his groundwork wi where he truly shines. St. Laurent has 5 of his 7 victories by submission. A classic grappler vs striker affair for sure!

W.B.'s Breakdown: Both fighters are coming off losses but Double L is angry for revenge and wants another crack at Babalu so I expect him to come out hard and push the pace to earn a UD win.

Welterweights James Polk and Alex Jackson square off in a fight certain to elevate the winner one step closer to a title shot. Polk is a battle tested fighter capable of ending Jacksons evening very quickly either on the feet or on the ground. Jackson will look to rely on his Muay Thai expertise and hope to test Polks somewhat suspect chin.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Polk is a true veteran with a proven ability to finish fights. Jackson is an undefeated prospect looking to make his bones. This might just be the fight that elevates him to that upper echelon of fighters in the WFC. Jackson by KO.

And kicking off the nights main card is a bantamweight battle between Dak Ishii and Axl Horn. Ishii comes in with momentum after winning his 2 previous bouts agains WFC mainstays BJ Penn and John Dutch. Horn is coming off a tough decision loss to BMM 2 champion Ray Guida.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Ishii won't want to take any risks in this fight. He'll take Horn down and work his grappling magic and earn his 9th submission victory.

The Prelims Live on Prong:

Hozumi Hasegawa vs Dennis Tretow

Fletcher Huntington vs Don Taco

Streaming Live from www.bookface.com/WarriorsFC:

Phil Stone vs Josh Davis

Action Jackson vs Kent Scott

Zvonimir Stelian vs Charlie Luciano

I expect an epic and memorable event ladies and gentleman and I cannot wait to see who emerges victorious. As always there will be $500 bonuses for Fight of the night, KO of the Night and Sub of the Night. And please remember, if you are flying in from out of town, please make sure you fly in with enough time to regain your energy before the fight. Good luck Warriors!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello again fight fans! its your boy Wally Balls common at ya with another long overdue rundown of Warriors FC 68 - Ashes of the Fallen. WFC 68 comes at you live on June 18th from Hard Rocks in beautiful downtown Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Kicking off the nights main event is a light heavyweight affair that will see Dan "The Weasel" Gable look to extend his current 2 fight win streak. In his WFC debut last month, Gable scored a victory by way of TKO over WFC veteran Johnny Chase. With 7 of his 8 wins coming via knockout, Its no secret what his gameplan will be. Standing in the way of that 9th win is the hard-nosed grinder Jake Dredd. Dredd has exceptional boxing and is a high level grappler who loves the ground n pound.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Gable has a distinct advantage on the feet with his impeccable may thai. I predict Dredd will weather the early onslaught by Gable and land key takedowns and control this fight on the ground with his relentless ground and pound. Dredd by UD.

Following that up is a middleweight matchup. A rematch between Johnny Lock and Lamar Arrington. In their first meeting, Lock was able to control Arrington with ease, completely neutralizing the striking attack. Since that fight Arrington has renewed his focus and vastly improved his standup game. Both fighters have improved dramatically but what itches down to is who has improved more?

W.B.'s Breakdown: Arrington has a major chip on his shoulder indwell be looking to add a14th KO to his already formidable record. With an improved sprawl and striking, Arrington will end Lock's night early. Arrington by KO in rd. 1.

The evenings third fight is a bantamweight affair. One of the most exciting divisions in the WFC brings former WFC bantamweight champion James Ferreira head to head with lethal striker Akiyo Nishiura. Ferreira has been a long-time WFC fighter, providing some of the most entertaining matchups in WFC history, including a number of battles with current kingpin Green Pea. Ferreira has top flight wrestling and is a high-level jiu jitsu practitioner. He will look to drag Nishiura to the ground to avoid his Sensational striking attack. Nishiura isn't known for devastating power but his pin-point accuracy allows him to pepper his opponents and keep them off balance and unable to implement their gameplans.

W.B.'s Breakdown: There are few fighters in the game with the experience and pedigree that Ferreira has. His battles with Pea are classic. However, striking has always been a relative shortcoming for Ferreira. I expect to see Nishiura land often with a good mix of punches and kicks. Nishiura by UD.

The co-main event of the evening is a heavyweight tilt featuring 2 of the hardest hitters in the heavyweight division. Anaconda Anaconda is set to square off with always game Phil DeBlunt. Anaconda is currently riding a 7 fight win-streak and shows no signs of slowing down with only 2 of those fights having gone the distance. DeBlunt is only 2 fights removed from an unsuccessful title shot and is hell-bent on earning another chance at that brass ring. Both fighters have tons of experience in some of the top ors in the world. This match is sure earn fight of the night or knockout of the night.

W.B.'s Breakdown: I am so excited for this fight. As good ole JR would say, its bound to be a slobber-knocker. Anaconda has the experience and the better chin. But DeBlunt has incredible knockout power that can only be eclipsed by the fragility of his chin. Anaconda by KO in the first.

And now for the main event of the evening!!! In a matchup that will certainly position the winner in the upper echelon of the heavyweight division we have the sensational striker Howard Moon looking to trade leather with the equally as deadly Gim Allon. Now its obvious to anyone with half a brain that these are 2 of the brightest prospects that WFC has ever seen and tonight one of them will catapult himself into elite status. Moon has deceptively quick hands for such a big man and will look to lay them early and often all over the face of Gim Allon. Allon is no slouch or stranger to getting hit in the face. Often times he will take a punch just to land one. And when he lands, and he will, he makes it count. While Moon has the technical advantage on the feet, Allon has a leg up in the ground department. With a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu under the higly regarded and revered Randkerchief Gracie, Allons ground game is greatly underrated and was on display in his battle with Phil deBlunt where he was able to catch DeBlunt with a Kimura in the first round of that fight.

W.B.'s Breakdown: This is another fight I can't wait to see. Both fighters have great camps and great alliances. I have a feeling we'll see more strategy than slugfest in this matchup. Will it be the technical precision striking of Howard Moon or the brawling, jiu jitsu attack of Gim Allon that will prove the key to victory? My call: Moon by 3rd round TKO.

Fights streaming live on Bookface.com:

170 lbs Frank Esposito v Itof Meyachev

145 lbs Steve Areeno v Vincent Smyth

265 lbs Kunnollinen Tullimies v Lenny Lennyville

205 lbs Kent Scott v Ian Muirhead

265 lbs Spikely Deeneero v Aaron Theiroff

Also making appearances cage-side and at the after party will be WFC Bantamweight champion Green Pea, welterweight champion Matt Henderson, star of the hit television series "Chuck" Zachary Levi and international best-selling recording artist and new mother of twins Mariah Carey!

Ladies and gentlemen we are less than 24 hours away from this epic night of epicness so I hope you've all trained hard, planned well and most importantly, set your sliders! I wish you all luck and I look forward to reading everyones fights!

Hello again fight fans! Its your boy Wally B back with another preview. This time I'll be breaking down WFC 69 - Indomitable Will. This event will be comin at you live and electric from the Hard Rocks in Montreal Quebec. We're expecting another capacity crowd for this show so lets get to the matchups!

Kicking off the nights main card is a light heavyweight scrap. One of the best pure strikers in the game, Dave Schultz is known for his devastating power and lightning fast hands. with 5 of his 8 wins coming by way knockout, Schultz has made his M.O. very clear: knock people out. And he will have his mighty hands full when he meets Johnny Chase. Chase is a veteran of 20 fights in the cage and has a full array of tools at his disposal to dismantle Schultz.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Chase has been with WFC for a while and I've seen him pull out some tough wins. But in Schultz he meets a fighter on a hot streak with insane power in his hands. Schultz by KO.

The second fight of the night pits the uber-talented and poorly managed Samm Mah against another supremely talented martial artist, Mark St, James. On paper this is a lightweight battle that favours Mah in all areas of the fight. His Muay Thai is better, he's a better boxer and a far superior grappler. But talent has never been an issue for Mah. He's a fighter in the BJ Penn mold. Blessed beyond belief but lazy and apathetic. And he gets no help from his slack-jawed management either. St. James has made it known this is his last fight so he'll be laying it all on the line.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Mah is probably the most talented fighter in the lightweight division but he's a slacker managed by the King of Slackers. St. James is a supremely talented fighter but nagging injuries have forced him to hang up the gloves after this fight. Mah by KO.

At the midway point of the evening we've got an excellent matchup in the bantamweight division that may have title implications. Frankie Pep is a hard-headed slugger from New York City. The man known as "Qrash" comes into this matchup fresh off his TKO destruction of Le Petit Criss and looks to continue climbing the ladder. He'll need to work some magic as he meets up-and-coming prospect Alexander Gustafsson. Holding a 6-2 record so far in his young career, Gustafsson will take aim at the veteran Pep in hopes of cementing himself as a bantamweight to be reckoned with!

W.B.'s Breakdown: Gustafsson is a monster and he will be a handful for Pep to deal with. He's younger and faster and is looking to elevate his name into the upper echelon of the 135 class. Pep is no wet-behind-the-ears pup. He's a wiley veteran and he'll have a trick or 2 up his sleeve. Pep by UD.

The co-main event of the evening brings us a fantastic matchup between two stellar lightweights. Bobby Clark is a gifted striker and well prepared grappler. Clark is a fighter who loves to stand and bang with 7 of his 11 victories coming by way of knockout. With this fight Clark hopes to move one step closer to a title shot. Clark has accomplished great things but has never quite grasped that brass ring. He'll be in tough against Leonard Khan. Khan is one of the elder statesmen of MMA and is a former CFC lightweight champion. Khan has won 7 of his last 8 fights with a mix of KOs and submissions and will look to keep Clark guessing.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Khan is an old coot and while he's got a great skillset he lacks heart. Clark is tough as nails and knows his way around the cage. Clark by UD.

And the main event of the evening is a welterwight title matchup! Reigning WW champ Henderson puts his belt on theline against the always dangerous Ash Thomas. Thomas is the former SFO 155lb champion and recently moved up to the welterweight division. Henderson meanwhile looks to continue his dominance over the welterweight division. Riding a 4 fight win streak and 2 successful title defenses, Hendo will be looking to lay his hands on Thomas often and try to put him out. Thomas has the stronger Muay Thai and would be wise to try and capitalize on that.

W.B.'s Breakdown: Both of these guys have dynamite in their hands so this could be a fight that ends early. If I were a betting man, and if my wife asks I'm not, I'd wager on this bout going the distance with Henderson eeking out a split decision victory of Thomas. Hendo by Split dec.

Prelim fights will be streaming live on bookface.com and istream.tv:

205 lbs Charlie Liddell v Jared Shaw

185 lbs Kit Latura v Forest Beckford

185 lbs Steve McRae v Lyle Odelein

170 lbs Jack Swift v Luke McKendrick

145 lbs Esteban Guzman v Don Taco

And with that I leave you warriors to count down the hours until tomorrow night when WFC 69 kicks off live from Hard Knocks! I`ll see you all there. Good luck warriors!

WFC 69- Indomitable Will

This past weekend Montreal played host to WFC 69 - Indomitable Will held in the Hard Knocks arena. The main event saw the WFC WW title put on the line between Matt Henderson and Ash Thomas in a thrilling 5 round affair. Also, 9 other incredible fights were featured on the card.

WFC WW Champion, Matt Henderson, won 4 straight before his Main Event meeting with Ash Thomas along with 2 big wins over the vaunted former title holder, Carmelo Suarez. Both fighters were equally aggressive in the bout as both men were eager to land the first blows. As the match wore on, it became clear that Thomas was the more accurate fighter as the damage began to pile up on Henderson. Thomas seemed too elusive for Henderson who didn’t give up till the last bell sound. After a decisive 5 round trouncing, it was no surprise that Ash Thomas walked away with the WFC WW Championship and the unanimous decision victory. The new champion has already got his schedule occupied with a big title defense against undefeated challenger, Alex Jackson.

Bobby Clark has quietly and surprisingly made his way near the top of the division with his huge win over Montreal MMA legend, Leonard Khan. Clark, who isn’t spectacular at one thing, got the job done against a veteran like Khan. Clark utilized pinpoint accuracy and a varied stand up attack to wear down Khan. In the end, the judges awarded Clark the one-sided unanimous decision victory. Forever modest, Bobby Clark doesn’t claim to be the best in the LW division but his track record is starting to speak for itself. Will he step up against the big boys to earn title shot for the covoted WFC LW championship?

Frankie Pep is starting to turn things around in career as he extends his winstreak to two in a row with his performance over prospect, Alexander Gustafsson. Pep outboxed his foe landing stiff punches that rattled Gustafsson. It was a counter left hand that put Gustafsson out for good at just 1:46 of the first round. Will this give Frankie Pep the boost he needs to continue his winning streak?

Expected to underachieve, Samm Mah, proved naysayers wrong with his dominating victory over Mark St. James. It seemed like Mah was toying with his opponent as he had several opportunities to finish his opponent but could not seal the deal. St. James offensive output was nil in every aspect of the fight. At the end of the final bell, Samm Mah was awarded the easy one sided unanimous decision victory.

Struggling fighters, Johnny Chase and Dave Schultz, had a 3 round war the resembled the iconic Frye/Takayama bout that was spent entirely in the clinch. Chase did what he could but Schultz was the dominating fighter in the clinch landing at will. Chase did what he could and that was take his beating like a man for three rounds as Dave Schutlz was awarded the unanimous decision victory.

Two heavy handed LHWs, Charlie Liddell and Jared Shaw, slugged it out in there undercard bout of the night. Both fighters knew they had the power to get to the other fights chin and it was Liddell who achieved it first. Shaw held on for a while after being rocked by a big punch from Liddell. The end came as Liddell landed a big right hand that turned into 4 strike combo that forced the referee to intervene at just 1:47 of the first round.

Top notch grappler, Forest Beckford, put on a textbook display against Kit Latura. The Olympic wrestler would not be denied a takedown as he ate a bunch of punches before landing the fight changing takedown that landed him in side control. It was only a matter of time before Beckford found the fight ending kimura at just 2:50 of the first round.

Lyle Odelein summoned the power of Superman with his KO victory over Steve McRae. Odelein launched a slap heard around the world that put McRae on queer street. McRae was then unfortunately hit with an illegal knee that allowed him to recover. However. it wasnt enough as Odelein followed up with a crushing Superman punch that put McRae out for good.

It was only a matter of time before Luke McKendrick snatched one of Jack Swift’s limb in there welterweight undercard bout. McKendrick’s grappling prowess put Swift into shock as he looked like a grappling dummy on the ground. Swift barely fended off various submission attempts and ate crisp GnP for his troubles. In the end McKendrick turned a failed Americana attempt into obtaining Swift’s back and from there it was only a matter of time till he found the fight ending RNC.

Esteban Guzman and Don Taco warmed up fans with a thrilling clinch war as the opening bout of the evening. In another bout that took place solely in the clinch, Guzman proved to be the more varied fighter in the clinch as he landed with knees, elbows, and dirtyboxing. The two fighters traded back and fourth but in the end Guzman’s output vastly outshadowed Taco’s clinch giving him the unanimous decision victory.

And thats it for WFC 69 - Indomitable Will, I’m Big Boss and we will see you next week for more WFC action.