be able to own venues

I think it would be cool if we were able to own venues too. Each venue starts as a basic 250 seat venue, you put money in to upgrade it, pay weekly maitenence, set availabity, set rent cost and food cut, ect

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

I like this idea too.

I figured, if we could. I would make the unicorn palace. Biggest venue in the game, but thought, probably wouldn't get much action out of it. Would make more money having a 4000 seater or something.

But I wouldn't choose having a venue over a private gym, and I don't think it should be an extra company slot like book makers because then orgs can control more variables and have an easier time making profit than it already is.

• Upvote 1

I just see this idea as one that benefits the bigger orgs, and makes it harder for smaller orgs.

i dont mean the orgs own them, not sure if thats what you were thinking.

Yeah as a new type of company slot i like the idea. So instead of Gym, Org or Shop. You have a place for Events. I like this idea a lot. Could bring more depth to the game.

Like the PPV or Media Company that was in the discussion a while back ( dont know where that is).

I would really like to brainstorm on that idea if it catches on.

• Upvote 3

I like this idea but i have 1 problem with it.

It may just make the rich people richer. As in, as of right now they can afford to upgrade these arenas to the max level with all the money they have, and then they will be making that money back by renting it out to orgs etc making back the money and so on and so forth. By the time the poorer players are able to afford better arenas, the org owners have built a relationship with the venue owners which makes it hard for the newer owners to sell their maxed out arenas if they even reach that level.

As i said, i do like this idea but i could see it being another way to generate easy money if it is done right

well instead of pointing out the flaws how this new addition would be exploided by some managers, make suggestion how to avoid those things.

And since the "rich" manager already all have a company slot filled as i imagine. It would be hard for them to get more money, when they only can have one Company slot.

The thing is if Managers take over the Arenas. Then the system must be a solid one, so please dont point out what could be done to exploid it or already put a black mark on it as so often here in the improvement section, but rather mention it and then make a suggestion to fix the problem, otherwise you are killing my mood here :P look at me rambling on. you got me all worked up over nothing really. :D

So carry on.

• Upvote 3

If managers own venues, what happens if they go inactive ? I think venues owned by managers could make the org business even harder for new managers to join. With joining, I mean start up an org themselves. Too many factors would be in the game that they need to rely on to have some succes.

Sorry Madbob, but I don't have a solution for those problems ;)

• Downvote 2

thats no different than having fighters in an org and the owner goes inactive.. it happens. but its not like there will only be one venue to choose from. there will be several. it could actually benefit smaller orgs. say they can only draw 700, as it is now if the 700 750 and 1000 seater are booked for the good days they have to book it on a crappy day. but if this works then there will be multiple small level venues and more orgs can fight on the good days

thats no different than having fighters in an org and the owner goes inactive.. it happens. but its not like there will only be one venue to choose from. there will be several. it could actually benefit smaller orgs. say they can only draw 700, as it is now if the 700 750 and 1000 seater are booked for the good days they have to book it on a crappy day. but if this works then there will be multiple small level venues and more orgs can fight on the good days

Mike can then just as well create some new venues in diferent sizes and that would have the same result, but then without managers owning venues and creating another possible problem for orgs.

well instead of pointing out the flaws how this new addition would be exploided by some managers, make suggestion how to avoid those things.

And since the "rich" manager already all have a company slot filled as i imagine. It would be hard for them to get more money, when they only can have one Company slot.

The thing is if Managers take over the Arenas. Then the system must be a solid one, so please dont point out what could be done to exploid it or already put a black mark on it as so often here in the improvement section, but rather mention it and then make a suggestion to fix the problem, otherwise you are killing my mood here :P look at me rambling on. you got me all worked up over nothing really. :D

So carry on.

It could be setup so that you need a certain amount of events before you can expand. No jumping in at the top tier.

Also not all would be owned by managers you would still have the same existing venues. This will make owners have to work at promoting their establishments (being nice to org owners) in order to grow and make it successfull ...

Just thoughts...

I like this idea.

• Upvote 3

It could be setup so that you need a certain amount of events before you can expand. No jumping in at the top tier.

give the venues populatiry, you have to build up a certain level of populatiry to expand. with a max on pop gained per event

Mike can then just as well create some new venues in diferent sizes and that would have the same result, but then without managers owning venues and creating another possible problem for orgs.

well obviously you have nothing constructive to contribute to this conversation, so why dont you just leave the thread

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If managers own venues, what happens if they go inactive ? I think venues owned by managers could make the org business even harder for new managers to join. With joining, I mean start up an org themselves. Too many factors would be in the game that they need to rely on to have some succes.

Sorry Madbob, but I don't have a solution for those problems ;)

Isnt that the same for all things in MMAT. I mean if someone goes inactive a lot of people are in a bad situation. Sooo the old factor, trust and reliability becomes important as it is now with orgs.

With it of course we would give up some consistency in the Org business.

They still should be a limit to how many events of different sizes are held on a day. Or better yet if every org in a City has there event on the same day, then they will share all possible visitors for the day as well. The more events on one day, the less people gonna visit your Event.

That is a good idea to keep the "paying to win/quick money" (cant find a good word :P)people away and those who stick around, will be able to advance to the higher Venues over time, if they have there business under control. Thats a way i would like, because it is senstive for orgs.

This whole thing would also be a great way for all the Clothing and Supp Stores, to advertise in Arenas. I mean you have now one Merchpartner, when you own an org. But maybe they want there name and a share of Hype from other events as well, like tourneys or big fights. So they can make contract with the Venues to put them on some walls. I mean there are a lot of way to implement the idea.

• Upvote 1

its still constructive lets listen an work around it to iron out any flaws.

Luckily you understand it. I liked the idea at first, but then started to think that there would be quite a few downsides to it.

I don't really have an idea on how to solve those problems, but if someone else can, that would be great.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

well the downsides you said, have had suggestions on them, clearly inactivity is something that cant be fixed but thats part of the game. it would be no different than if a gym owner went inactive. you find a different gym.

Can someone make a list of pros and cons so we can sort this? Then we can bug Mike about the idea :yes:

do you list a con if the fix has already been suggested?