Aldo vs Mendes 2

bjornmma1

Yeah he did, it sucks for him though because he can fight as many people he wants he still will run into the problem with Aldo

Give him 1 more chance and I think he'll take Aldo out. He was waaaay better this time and of a couple things went his way - like not being almost KO'd after the bell on the first - I think he stands a fighting chance. Aldo definitely felt the pressure and even looked a little worried for a while.

Aldo won, but I really disliked what Aldo was doing - those illegal punches were refs fault, yes, but still, those were illegal. After these he gets 2 eye pokes, groin shot. Then the referee told Mendes that HE WILL DEDUCT THE POINT IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN. And then Aldo starts "acting like a champ" - starts complaining and sometimes faking eye pokes and groin shots to win the rounds. He felt the fire under his ass, he felt like he could lose. I think it's the first time I saw Aldo afraid, so definetly - there will be Aldo-Mendes 3 and I'll damn watching this one :)

Rain,

Mendes's camp never complained about this though, i dont understand why its such an outrage if they didnt hear the bell themselves, not to mention they both showed a hell of a lot of respect for each other after the fight im sure if it was ill will towards anything they wouldve still had problems with each other.

I keep hearing people say the eye pokes and ball shots were fake... Did you watch the fight? Because they showed each one in slow motion replay and MY balls cringed seeing them. It was solid contact like you were playing baseball, i think the commentator even said "toes to balls" furthermore, why would mendes apologize for doing it during the fight?

I think this was just a good fight, the two punches were after the buzzer but if youve played any contact sport, unless a ref is there to stop your combination, your kick or your tackle in a loud ass brazil crowd, it is hard to stop or know when to. Likewise, you dont stop defending yourself until 3 seconds after the bell. At the point of the bell sounding his left hand had already landed and the right was coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J14Nl4CoFPQ/media

Try pausing the video right when the sound buzzes and see where Aldo's hands were

• Upvote 2