TUF 17: Jones vs Sonnen

Got to say was a pretty nice KO from Josh in his fight. Here's hoping that he'll be facing Uriah next.

Team Jones

Clint Hester

Josh Samman (W)

Bubba McDaniel

Gilbert Smith

Colin Hart (W)

Adam Cella

Dylan Andrews

Team Sonnen

Luke Barnatt (W)

Uriah Hall (W)

Zak Cummings

Tor Troeng

Jimmy Quinlan

Kevin Casey

Kelvin Gastelum (W)

Fight 6 (Jones Pick)

Clint Hester vs Jimmy Quinlan

I'm really surprised by this pick from Jones, thought he would've wanted an easier fight for Clint, don't think Zak is as good as Jimmy. Jimmy has a great record as a grappler however Clint is a very good striker. Wanted to see them both win and get through to the QFs so it's a shame one has to lose now. If Jimmy gets this to the ground he's going to win this one imo.

Fight 6 (Jones Pick)

Clint Hester vs Jimmy Quinlan

I'm really surprised by this pick from Jones, thought he would've wanted an easier fight for Clint, don't think Zak is as good as Jimmy. Jimmy has a great record as a grappler however Clint is a very good striker. Wanted to see them both win and get through to the QFs so it's a shame one has to lose now. If Jimmy gets this to the ground he's going to win this one imo.

in the commercial jimmy got it to the ground but Clint was landing VERY big shots on him

yeah he might be the best coach so far. definitely has a career in it after he's done fighting, if he wants it.

The guy can do almost anything he wants. HE is a great coach. But he is also the best tv personality to work on MMA. FOX is supposed to be chomping at the bit to get him when he retires. He is a natural in the studio covering the events and breaking down the fights and hyping the fights. I think he is better at that than coaching. He is more of a motivational speaker on TUF because there isnt time to really teach them anything. But he is pretty good at game planning and fight match ups. But there is more to coaching than that. But im sure he is good at though.

• Upvote 1

I agree completely. I think out of everything I've seen Sonnen do, fighting is what he's the worst at.

I would have to disagree. I would say he worse at being a politician. Although i think he wouldnt be a bad elected official. When you get forced out by the police, or as he puts it "Leave office in handcuffs". That has to be considered an epic failure. lol