Wrestling skills ???

In most forms of wrestling there is no striking, just grappling, so I don't think it should (and I am, or at least was, a wrestler). But, it does seem like wrestlers have a natural ability for ground-n-pound, so it makes some sense.

"It can be for more than one thing, man."

Clinching isn't only in Muay Thai, it's in just about every combat sport. Submissions, while not in a lot of forms of wrestling, are in some, and even then, if you know a form of wrestling without submissions you can still use the positioning and everything else you learned to help you with submissions.

ALL wrestlers in MMA use the grappling+takedown combined with ground and pound, it's their main weapon to finish a fight, so yes, ground and pound is part of the essence of wrestling inside MMA (not outside).

untrue. some just lay-n-pray (i.e. the rashad evans fight) or only use it for takedown defense. :P

ALL wrestlers in MMA use the grappling+takedown combined with ground and pound, it's their main weapon to finish a fight, so yes, ground and pound is part of the essence of wrestling inside MMA (not outside).

That is a horribly general statement. Not every wrestler only knows wrestling, and not every wrestler might even be good at ground-n-pound. And, for the record, there are forms of wrestling that allow striking and/or submissions, I just think they've become a lot less popular in recent times.