lets make this happen mike tycoon

Semi open weight and catch weight option  

20 members have voted

1. 1. should we have a catch weight / semi open wwight tourny option?

• yes we should
    • no we shouldnt
    • lets have a smoke and think about it

I want to see a semi open weight gp. I asked around and people said it can't be done with this game on it's exsisting program.

Imagine super heavy and heavy fight in a 16 man tourney to held in 1 night.

Lightheavy to welter the same and the light boys whip up a 16 man tourney too.

There could be 16 tournies per weight class in 16 different locations.

The winners of each then meet to find a supreme champion.... Final should be held in Tokyo as an old style pride event.

I have put the word out and people want it. Come on Miketycoon............. lets do it.

I want to see a semi open weight gp. I asked around and people said it can't be done with this game on it's exsisting program.

Imagine super heavy and heavy fight in a 16 man tourney to held in 1 night.

Lightheavy to welter the same and the light boys whip up a 16 man tourney too.

There could be 16 tournies per weight class in 16 different locations.

The winners of each then meet to find a supreme champion.... Final should be held in Tokyo as an old style pride event.

I have put the word out and people want it. Come on Miketycoon............. lets do it.

If anything the ability to mix and match weight classes in your own organization would be bad ass

I think this will be great espescially down the line if we have a few guys who are dominant in different weight classes. Would make for a true P4P #1 in the world!!!

Can't you just sign everyone to the highest weight class. You can be under weight but not over for your class.

I said this in the previous topic. I think what he's asking for now though is being able to hold tournaments in single events.

If so, I think that is a bad idea. How would it work? Would injuries and cuts be applied after each fight? What about energy? Also, setting tactics?

Too difficult, and too many complications. By like has been stated numerous times now, if you want an "open weight" fight, just sign everybody to the super heavyweight weight class. But if weight is at all a significant factor in this game, except those who are meant for lower weight classes to get destroyed.

well, for the record, bananasplits is a girly boy.

other than that, I think its a great Idea, yea the little guys are at a disadvantage but they are in real life too in these kinds of tourneys...also youll see he didnt say lightwieghts vs super heavys...he said a tourny for heavys+super heavys, and another tourny for the lighter guys.

1 night tourneys present a lot of problems both in terms of programming and gameplay.

- Injuries. We'd have to presumably make them not happen at all, which is not realistic

- Cuts. As above.

- Tiredness. Either people would be exhausted or we'd make this unrealistic too.

- People setting tactics. You'd have to space the fights e.g. an hour apart and give people chance to set tactics. But that means that the person HAS to be online for 3 hours solid if they win the tournament and it's 4 rounds (16 man)?

So for those reasons I favour the tournaments over several events because they are more realistic.

Having said that though, I do have my own ideas for tournaments which will get done one day. I can't reveal anything because it's a cool idea and I don't want any of the other sites to steal it but I think tournaments in general as a semi-automated entity can be introduced. But I know I always say things "would take a lot of work" but seriously, tournaments would take a LOT of work :D Still, it's something that I want to do.

other than that, I think its a great Idea, yea the little guys are at a disadvantage but they are in real life too in these kinds of tourneys...also youll see he didnt say lightwieghts vs super heavys...he said a tourny for heavys+super heavys, and another tourny for the lighter guys.

If so, I think that is a bad idea. How would it work? Would injuries and cuts be applied after each fight? What about energy? Also, setting tactics?

That still remains. But Mike says he already has something planned. So for now, we must simply wait.

sign all the guys you want in the tourney to a SHW 1 fight contract for each round, and do it over a few weeks. guys will never miss weight, and it's Open Weight then