Brian Stann Vs. "The Polish Experiment"

This has got to be the most one-sided fight I've ever seen in my life, Brian stann is going to have a textbook KO against him, I mean Krystof(Yes its spelled very wrong) is good but hes not Brian Stann or will be anytime soon, clearly setting Stann up for a explosive start into the UFC and with another loss the Experiment might be the unemployed pretty soon.

Opinions?

I really know nothing about either of these guys other than Krystoff was boring in the one fight that I saw. But you seem pretty convinced so maybe I'll wager some money on Stann. Fake money, of course.

Well for a bit of a background on someone who watches fights carefully, Brian Stann is a Former Marine out of Team Quest.

Great Cardio

Deadly hands, all his wons have come from ktfo(Knocked the- yeah you get it) or TKO/KO

Former WEC Light Heavyweight champion.

I'd bet my entire mmagame allowance on this fight really, and may just do depending on the stats for the fight because this is so horribly one sided, The experiment is just a stepping stone really, I see a Koscheck Vs. Yoshida like Highlight reel out of that fight.

Stann had a TON of hype surrounding him during his time in WEC. I think much of that hype lost its shine when Cantwell knocked him out though in their rematch.

That said, I do think Stann is a pretty decent bet against K-Sos who has had a pretty up and down track record.

Seriously?

I think Krystoff is light years ahead of Stann. Maybe I'll study it a little closer as the event gets closer, but I think Krystoff's striking is crisper, and more technical. Stann might have a slight edge in power, but I think he'll struggle to figure out the distance and timing of an experienced striker like Kryst.

I haven't really seen much out of Stann besides being a heavy handed boxer with good takedown defense. In my opinion he's just to raw, and he's being thrown to the wolves here.

Seriously?

I think Krystoff is light years ahead of Stann. Maybe I'll study it a little closer as the event gets closer, but I think Krystoff's striking is crisper, and more technical. Stann might have a slight edge in power, but I think he'll struggle to figure out the distance and timing of an experienced striker like Kryst.

I haven't really seen much out of Stann besides being a heavy handed boxer with good takedown defense. In my opinion he's just to raw, and he's being thrown to the wolves here.

Yes but thats just the fights you've seen and the fights I saw with Krystoff was him hitting but Stanns got a great chin and took down better fighters, he with Team quest as well so they'll have him well prepared, it seems really shortsited to count Stann out because of what you've seen, I just see him wanting it more and having better punching and stand up, I have no idea how you figured Krystoff has any chance against Stann but we will see with the fight I guess.

Yes but thats just the fights you've seen and the fights I saw with Krystoff was him hitting but Stanns got a great chin and took down better fighters, he with Team quest as well so they'll have him well prepared, it seems really shortsited to count Stann out because of what you've seen, I just see him wanting it more and having better punching and stand up, I have no idea how you figured Krystoff has any chance against Stann but we will see with the fight I guess.

Krystoff is the favorite, so I think you're in the minority. You predict fights based on what you've seen--I don't get how that is shortsighted--how else would you predict a fight? I don't think Stann is with Team Quest, at least I haven't heard anything in that regard as it would be a little strange that Krystoff already trains out of Team Quest. I envision it playing out much like his most recent bout with Kampman. Use lateral movement, and control the distance. Being a southpaw might also be pretty beneficial. Just my two cents.

I think Stann's hype is mostly manufactured

Stann's WEC victories mostly come from guys he was WAY bigger than, so they posed little takedown threat.

He defeated Doug Marshall, which is a good win, but Marshall isn't going to be on top-10 lists anytime soon.

And then he lost to Cantwell, who I think is the clearly better fighter of the two.

Kyzstzof is such a flake you never know what you're going to get. I can't remember a single time Stann has had to fight on the ground and Kryzstoff is 50x better grappling than anyone Stann has faced.

It wouldn't shock me if Kryzstoff flaked out and had a shitty performance because that's what he's known for, but with such an untested groungame in Stann, I don't know how you make Stann a runaway favorite.

I think K-Sos' history of really failing to step up in the big fights is the biggest reason to bet against him. When you look at his career, he's basically lost every relevant fight of his career.

Its been confirmed that Brian Stann is training out of Quest, though changed gyms for this fight so he could adjust his style as they both know how the other fights due to training.

Also, Kenflo recently said he is really confident in Brian stann.

I'm feeling more and more confident about this everyday. Haven't felt this good about a underdog fight since Jardine and Forrest, and that one was a underdog bet dream really.

Correction: We've never SEEN his ground game.

I believe it may have a decent wrestling ability simply on pure size, at least, it could be developed, and BJJ I don't see him learning but I don't see why he couldn't if he truly wanted to, though until he GETS on the ground, its to early to judge.

Though I'll admit the advantage goes to Krys on the ground.

Did pretty well except picking Chuck (the rest were right).....he really looked old, out of shape and unable to take a decent lick. I hope he bows out now and doesn't do a K Shammy. He's got NOTHING to be ashamed of, he was a hell of a fighter but the better days have passed him and I hope he tries to come to terms with this fact. The sooner he does the better. There's nothing worse than seeing a once great fighter whore themselves out just to compete or make a $.