I see one great value bet at UFC 97

MMATycoon

I don't think there was anything impressive about Shogun's TKO over Coleman. I actually think Coleman could have continued those last ten seconds. They were both so gassed, Coleman was actually beating Shogun to the punch on several occasioins. Shogun's submission game has never really impressed me. He latches on the "catch" but seems to struggle to finish the submission.

That said, I hope we see the "real" Shogun this time around. He has a ton of tools to work with, and I most certainly agree that Chuck is a bit of a one trick pony, but he is great at making fighters fight his fight. I think Shogun needs to utilize his low, and body kicks to come out on top, and most off all be in shape. If he has the gas tank to mix it up and keep Chuck guessing, I think he can take this.

It's a solid bet for value, but it's difficult to tell exactly where the line should fall because of the recent poor performances by Rua.