Thoughts on WEC this weekend and the WEC in general

MMATycoon

It's kind of snuck up on me but it's the Brown vs Garcia fight this weekend, which is a bout that I'm looking forward to. Both very big 145lbers (a factor which I think will start to play a big part in the 145lb division from now on, now that the division is more prominent).

Other than that, I've been impressed with Garcia since he's dropped. I thought he looked pretty horrible in the Huerta fight so he's improved a lot.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the fight?

In general, I don't think the WEC should have scrapped their higher weight classes. I know it was due to lack of talent but I honestly don't feel that the 4 small weight classes are sufficient to support an entire promotion. The odd LHW or MW bout helps to give a bit of a different feel to a card, even if the quality isn't quite there.

Anyway, even though the lower weight classes are of higher quality, they still have very few fighters, so it's less of a fight promotion and just more of a repeat show, with the same guys on rotation. I just find it hard to get hyped up about.

Any show Jose Aldo is on I will watch.

The main event is a moderately compelling bout that I'm interested in.

Nothing else really catches me, although I wouldn't mind seeing Hendricks' fight from the undercard as he has quite a bit of hype behind him.