UFC coming to Scotland

SpizzEnergi

So... Was listening to the MMA Hour the other day and i heard Ariel Helwani say the UFC is coming to Scotland in July.

THANK-YOU GOD!!!

I'm assuming it will be in the SSEC as it holds 12k.

Possible fighters...

Michael Bisping, Brad Pickett, Andy Ogle, Luke Barnatt and they'll all be ready for July, any of the Irish guys from the Boston event and JoJo Calderwood of course.

If the UFC have any idea of Scotland, I'd say they should push the Irish side maybe with the English as its a seriously divided country (just my thoughts after living here for 40+ yrs).

Personally, I'd love to see Michael Bisping, never liked him but became a huge fan when he became vocal about anti TRT.

Anyway, thats my thoughts... who would you like to see in Scotlands first UFC event and why?

Oh I agree.. but if he gets his ass wouped in the first round I can see them throwing him against a softy on that card. OP doesn't say when in July either.. if it's late July, that would help having him on the card.

I think it will be the opposite.. best Scottish fighters they can find for 6 or 7 fights versus as many complete scrubs that are under contract to the UFC.. then probably 2 or so real fights. They'll want the Scotts to win all the fights they should. Sends everyone home happy and any scrub who loses gets canned.

It will be exciting if you are Scottish and go to the event.

It will be the usual woefully piss poor international event for everyone else to endure.

Probably true. The first event or two in a new country usually sucks compared to others.

Its not the same when I have to hear the local commentators - I miss Joe and Mike. Dan Hardy isn't bad but it's never as slick as the US team. In the last UFC I watched from Sweden they kept overlaying the American and British commentaries accidentally - it was f. amateurish.

Anyway, I live in Scotland so I guess I'll be trying to get tickets! I don't care who's fighting. But yeah, there's no Scottish fighters are there apart from JoJo.

Its not the same when I have to hear the local commentators - I miss Joe and Mike. Dan Hardy isn't bad but it's never as slick as the US team. In the last UFC I watched from Sweden they kept overlaying the American and British commentaries accidentally - it was f. amateurish.

yeah that wasn't good.

Well hell, handy capped matches work for the WWE... maybe they would work for UFC. One real fighter against a group of 5 hooligans... might be boring for the UFC fighter though.

Because I am English.

However if I lived in America I would be Irish because its cool to be Irish there, and given that my great great grandmother was Irish, so in the USA i am Irish.

However im English when in England because claiming to be Irish would get me thrown in the mad house.

I have no jockanese relatives, so would you say im English or Irish but be careful if I am English and not Irish that means all the American Irish are just American.

On that basis then, I am Irish, its so confusing.

Either way I like Scotland liked the commonwealth games atmosphere when your hurdles chick ran.