Changes to days of the week attendance factors

At the moment there is quite a big difference between attendances on the weekend and in the midweek. I've decided to greatly reduce this differentiation. Looking at any arena, nearly all events are Friday-Sunday; this is pretty silly.

1. It's boring if you have no events during the week.

2. It makes it hard to book arenas. People are requesting more arenas. We don't need more arenas in most cases - we just need an incentive to book during the week.

Really, the days of the week are pretty arbitrary here because we're already running at 4x normal speed. I think it makes it more realistic to have days of the week when you get higher sales, but the negatives outweigh the positives when it becomes frustrating trying to book arenas and when we have no variation at all / no options open for different strategies of how to run your org.

Just for a bit of a reveal, here's what the values currently are;

Monday 0.8

Tuesday 0.8

Wednesday 0.85

Thursday 0.85

Friday 1

Saturday 1.1

Sunday 1

Midweek will be boosted into the 0.9s. Saturday will eventually be brought down a bit closer to 1 but not for a month or so, given that you've already booked lots of events expecting the current levels.

So we will still have variation in attendances between days but to a much more limited level, so that midweek becomes a lot more viable.

This is great news.

The CFC long ran events Tues and Fri/Sat specifically to try and keep it more engaging for fighters, but eventually the economics of it caught up with me.

I'll definitely consider going back to mid-week events now.

25th May

Today we've changed the factors involved in attendances, for each day of the week. Midweek events will still do a lower attendance but the difference is now much less pronounced, making midweek shows far more viable. For more information, read the following forum thread (click here).

- Org owners - for free agent fighters, you can now click on the "Fighter is unsigned" red thumbnail on their profile page. This will take you to the new contracts page with that fighter ID's number in place.

- Gym employees can now change change budgets and replace equipment.

- Employees page linked to from the mybusinesses page. Note there are still some issues with org employees not receiving emails but we'll put this page as available to all now, as it's all working other than that.

- Gym invitations - staff can now access this. Owner will need to set permissions.

- Dollars per day added to sponsorship offers.

- Fighter profiles - now show all no contest fights.

looks like he already went ahead with it -- nice job

- Org owners - for free agent fighters, you can now click on the "Fighter is unsigned" red thumbnail on their profile page. This will take you to the new contracts page with that fighter ID's number in place.

This would be nice if it would work for employees also -- no biggie though

This would be nice if it would work for employees also -- no biggie though

I apologize in advance if I'm being an idiot here, but what do these numbers mean? I have only been an org owner for a couple of weeks, so these numbers are not yet familiar to me.

Monday 0.8

Tuesday 0.8

Wednesday 0.85

Thursday 0.85

Friday 1

Saturday 1.1

Sunday 1

Does this mean that on Mondays I'll only get 80% of an event rating that I would have gotten had the same event been on a Friday? By the same token, a Saturday event will yield a 10% better event rating than a Friday or Sunday card? Do any of these numbers have anything to do with attendance?

I see this as a very positive change, as I have noticed arena availability being a little tough sometimes too. Just trying to be sure I understand the numbers fully.

Also, LOVE the change that let's me offer a contract to a guy right from his free agent page.

TC

It's not rating, it's attendance.

Say on a Friday you usually get 10,000 people in attendance. On a Monday, with the same exact card, you'd only get 8,000. With this change, though, you'll get 9,000. So, all it has to do with is how many tickets are being bought (and therefore the income), not the rating.

while it may not make sense logically, in the game this does makes sense. I'll definitely be doing mid week events from now on.

On the other hand, as a big org I was kinda hoping that the insane competition to book Saturdays would run half the orgs out of the city.

Well, we have always held our events on a Wednesday because every single arena in Rio is available on Wednesdays. I am excited that we may get a small attendance boost now for these shows. I wonder if this will have any effect on the backlog of arenas booked for weekends or if they will still be booked months in advance.

while it may not make sense logically, in the game this does makes sense. I'll definitely be doing mid week events from now on.

On the other hand, as a big org I was kinda hoping that the insane competition to book Saturdays would run half the orgs out of the city.

I'm not going anywhere, no matter how hard you wish :P

+1 :yes: