IP restrictions not fair.

I just want to rant and get this off my chest. Recently there was some sort of restriction put in place where i can no longer sign/resign my family and friends. So i can invest lots of money in them. Build them up like other fighters in my org only to be forced to lose them. What if they have belts? My brother is fighting for the belt and its very unlikely he will win but anything is possible. Do i have to strip him and ruin my org because this silly rule? So i then find out that i can no longer sign/resign my friends Rob, Roger, and Dan because during UFC gatherings we check each others fighters on the same comp. Apparently that caused us not to be able to enjoy this game together anymore. Furthermore, this game has been built by word of mouth. Basically people telling their friends. Now if people knew they cant play this game with their friends i doubt people would go around being free advertising for a product they dont own. I doubt the UFC would sell many copies of their game if you couldn't play your friends. Also i find it to be very poor judgment to ban interaction between friends in the real world but friends who meet online through the chat, forum, PMs, etc are unaffected. This restriction has only punished the honest people playing the game. The cheaters use IP blockers which this don't effect. Also why are Orgs singled out yet gyms can have all the friends they wants.

Enforcing this rules was a very poor choice imo. I know what the rule was trying to accomplish but it does not do that. This don't fix any problems but punishes some friends and family but not others. Some orgs but not all orgs.

I would also like to add that my group of friends have met people from MMA forums at UFC events. We have no problem doing it again to prove we are real people not multis. Also everyone primarily uses different comps. But due to our "over enjoyment" of this game we like to talk about our pops and who is fighters are better and once in a while we long onto the same comp at my business mostly during fights. We aren't deserving to have the game ruined for us.

Thanks for listening.

• Downvote 2

Unfortunately, this is the price we must pay for a few "bad seeds". I don't see the big problem with it - if you're on the up-and-up as you say you are, I'm sure your friends can last a few hours during UFC events not checking their Tycoon accounts from your IP.

Edit: To note, I'm not even sure what the new restrictions are - someone came into chat a bit ago asking me about them and I had no clue what he was talking about until your post - but I'm sure they do more good than harm.

dude, I hear ya. My whole family wants to play, and I mean the WHOLE family, all 54 of us. I had to tell them no, I have a good account going, and I don't need you all to fuck my shit up.

really though, what do you think about when people start talking about "family, room mates, whatever" wanting to play on the same IP? In my mind multi comes to mind.

From what I'm getting out of it, he's complaining because you can't sign fighters to your org who are registered under the same IP as you. Is that correct? If so, make them go home to accept the contract? I'm not really getting what the problem is. You're not supposed to be signing fighters from your own IP anyway unless they are your own, this just makes it easier to enforce.

Unfortunately, this is the price we must pay for a few "bad seeds". I don't see the big problem with it - if you're on the up-and-up as you say you are, I'm sure your friends can last a few hours during UFC events not checking their Tycoon accounts from your IP.

Thats not the problem. If we were told not to check accounts on other comps that wouldnt be a big deal. But we have already done so long ago thinking it wasnt a big deal. We all signed up at our homes. Im sure this is documented. I never heard of not being allowed to use a different comp from that point forward.

Also why would my friends sit here and not check their events or fights or fighters when they were never told it wasnt allowed. When Mike banned Miltis a while back he told everyone to confess who had multis. He never said everyone who used a friedns comp is branded for life. Also my brother told Mike at that time our situation. He is also in talks with him now. We never had anything to hide.

• Downvote 2

Thats not the problem. If we were told not to check accounts on other comps that wouldnt be a big deal. But we have already done so long ago thinking it wasnt a big deal. We all signed up at our homes. Im sure this is documented. I never heard of not being allowed to use a different comp from that point forward.

Also why would my friends sit here and not check their events or fights or fighters when they were never told it wasnt allowed. When Mike banned Miltis a while back he told everyone to confess who had multis. He never said everyone who used a friedns comp is branded for life. Also my brother told Mike at that time our situation. He is also in talks with him now. We never had anything to hide.

Yes, and my sister, and my cousin, and my 90-year-old grandmother who is blind all want to play this game too - and they all live with me, so we have to use the same computer.

Obviously, anyone can say anything - you are paying the price for all the liars out there. Its upsetting, yes, but its also necessary.

I think it could be worse, though. I used to play a game called CyberNations - if two accounts ever used the same IP they were immediately deleted and banned. At least you can still play! ;)

OK guys try to follow along. My friends are not registered under the same IP. They signed up and play at their homes and are on that IP 99% of the time. But because they checked their account at my business during UFC events we are not allowed to interact anymore. That is the problem.

• Downvote 1

This is a step in the right direction. I know a few orgs out there that have non-vip accounts with 8-10 fights on each of the four fighters in the same Org. If you look at their event pay it is extremely low for an org of that level. It won't fix everything but it's a step in the right direction.

OK guys try to follow along. My friends are not registered under the same IP. They signed up and play at their homes and are on that IP 99% of the time. But because they checked their account at my business during UFC events we are not allowed to interact anymore. That is the problem.

We all follow, but that's just the way it is. There really isn't middle ground - Mike can't say you are allowed to use the same IP 5 times, or once a month for UFC events, or every Wednesday for TUF episodes, but no time else. Its all or nothing.

This is really a good thing for the game, and something many people have asked for for a long time.

Mr. sarcasms please read the above. We are not 54 people and we are not 10 people in the same house. We are 7 people who live in different places. Have different IPs. But for a few minutes during a UFC we log in under a business IP.

• Downvote 1

Mr. sarcasms please read the above. We are not 54 people and we are not 10 people in the same house. We are 7 people who live in different places. Have different IPs. But for a few minutes during a UFC we log in under a business IP.

So, you are complaining that you are being inconvenienced "for a few minutes during a UFC" when this is obviously for the good of the game?

No. My complaint is that we were not told you cant check your account on another comp. I dont know much about computers and stuff. But we were all under the impression your IP is where you sign up. This is the way it was on Yahoo during fantasy football. I could get in leagues with my friends at the time but not my brother because we lived in the same house then. But we were allowed to use any comp we wanted. This is the only time i have ever been told your cant use another comp. Yes if we would have known we would not even use the comp during UFCs. But we dont find out until we are no longer allowed to sign fighters. That was our warning. A little late then.

• Downvote 1

Yes, and my sister, and my cousin, and my 90-year-old grandmother who is blind all want to play this game too - and they all live with me, so we have to use the same computer.

Obviously, anyone can say anything - you are paying the price for all the liars out there. Its upsetting, yes, but its also necessary.

I think it could be worse, though. I used to play a game called CyberNations - if two accounts ever used the same IP they were immediately deleted and banned. At least you can still play! ;)

Cyber nations sucked ass. hated that game and I played it for so long too.

No. My complaint is that we were not told you cant check your account on another comp. I dont know much about computers and stuff. But we were all under the impression your IP is where you sign up. This is the way it was on Yahoo during fantasy football. I could get in leagues with my friends at the time but not my brother because we lived in the same house then. But we were allowed to use any comp we wanted. This is the only time i have ever been told your cant use another comp. Yes if we would have known we would not even use the comp during UFCs. But we dont find out until we are no longer allowed to sign fighters. That was our warning. A little late then.

I thought it was common knowledge. Sorry.

Edit: Mike - I think this is a good, necessary move (even though I'm not entirely sure what the move is), but it'd probably be cool if you told everyone and put it into effect from this point on. I'm sure that gives people time to work the system, but it'll help people who were naive to the issue.

Cyber nations sucked ass. hated that game and I played it for so long too.

I played for 3 years.

dont see anything about restrictions so what is it that is being talked about.

If you went to visit Mattyblaze at his home and during your stay you check your tycoon account from his comp. You would be banned for life from fighting in Blitzkrieg. He would not be allowed to send you a contract.

i found this post quite interesting...i highly doubt a multi would start a thread like this. it's way too obvious. it's usually that guy in the corner saying "hey, he's stealing!" that's dumping stuff in his jacket while everyone else is looking away. johnny k and psumike (2 of the biggest multis ever) never had a thread that was "hey look at me over here!" like this one.

let the witchhunt begin. y'all have fun, i got better shit to do than worry about who's cheating at what.

So, you are complaining that you are being inconvenienced "for a few minutes during a UFC" when this is obviously for the good of the game?

I get where BrainSmasher is coming from, and Matty, a lot of your posts make it seem like you don't get what he's really saying.

He's not saying that it's bullshit that him and his friends can't log onto the same computer from time to time (that they're "inconvenienced for a few minutes during UFC"). He's saying it's bullshit that because they had done so in the past that they can no longer interact in-game, even though they are usually on different computers (that they're inconvenienced from this point on, because they can't do business together anymore).

There is at least 2 other people who play this game that I work with, I'm off until Saturday. I'm talking about a company with probably 200 different computer stations throughout the building.

This stinks, because I know one of them will have beaten me to the punch and snagged that IP for the company server. (at least I think it works that way?) 90% of the time I play this game is from work.

Most of the real scammers probably just use one of the programs that give you a remote IP anyway.

There is at least 2 other people who play this game that I work with, I'm off until Saturday. This stinks, because I know one of them will have beaten me to the punch and snagged that IP for the company server. (at least I think it works that way?)

Most of the real scammers probably just use one of the programs that give you a remote IP anyway.

It dont matter who snagged it first. Anyone who ever uses that IP, even for a second, will never be able to interact with the others on that IP. Agree. Cheaters use IP blockers or whatever they are called.

i found this post quite interesting...i highly doubt a multi would start a thread like this. it's way too obvious. it's usually that guy in the corner saying "hey, he's stealing!" that's dumping stuff in his jacket while everyone else is looking away. johnny k and psumike (2 of the biggest multis ever) never had a thread that was "hey look at me over here!" like this one.

let the witchhunt begin. y'all have fun, i got better shit to do than worry about who's cheating at what.

hhahahaa. biggest multi's. Explain.