Still think WWE is fake?

kenlow73

I´d never say it is fake. The fights are predetermined- yes, and the fights are choreorgaphed...true. But still the performers in there are legit athletes performing 5-6 times a week putting their wellbeing on the line every single time. And no matter who you are or what you do- taking a Vertical Suplex, a Hurricanrana from the top rope or a Powerbomb...all this stuff must hurt like hell. So, maybe wrestling is fake from a competition perspective- put the pain and the injuries are as real as it gets.

• Upvote 1

As far as fighting goes, it is obviously fake and the matches are either choreographed or improvised.

Accidents happen, like Ken's link, and they happen in all sports. Just because someone gets injured, it doesn't mean the fighting isn't still fake which is what the disagreement between WWE fans and others seem to be. The pain they experience, sometimes it's real, sometimes they sell it as real, but either way, their job must suck for being painful after a match when the adrenaline is dumped.

• Upvote 2

Just depends in what your definition of fake is.

I'd consider it fake, despite being a huge pro wrestling fan. Because they are simulating fighting, I would consider that to be like "fake" fighting. Still enjoyable cause I'm a massive martial arts movie fan which is every bit as fake.

Sucks for Seth Rollins for the record. Potentially could suck even more for Roman Reigns though. Serves the WWE right for not letting Becky have her own entrance in her home town.

there is a difference between fake and scripted, people wouldn't get hurt if it was fake.

• Downvote 1

there is a difference between fake and scripted, people wouldn't get hurt if it was fake.

That's one of the points I was referring to

The results and stories are scripted, the actual hits they do are fake. Accidents happen which is why injuries occur. If WWE had their way, they wouldn't have any accidents, like what happened to Seth Rollins in your post.

This has to be like the first injury in history involving Kane and it's not even his fault haha. To be fair the entire internet turned on Seth big time which is nuts since he's what they'd call an "indy darling". I was hoping Rollins would beat Reigns so I dunno if it'd make sense for anyone to take the title instead of Reigns. Best case scenario; Daniel Bryan returns.

If an actor gets injured during a stunt for a movie that doesn't make the movie real. I also know most actors are not doing their own stunts but you know what I mean; the action is choreographed and the plot is scripted. The same reasoning that you can apply to call a movie fake is why pro-wrestling is also fake.

• Upvote 5

dude .. is this a serious question even ? :D
WWE is fake ...means it's scripted ... like a movie
in a movie stunt men do the stunts ... most of the time they really do them ... except for some computer thingies ....
in WWE all the storylines are pre-scripted .. they are acting ....
don't u hear sometimes John Cena talking with the opponent what the next move gonna be ( Cena sucks at that .. he yells towards the opponent :D ) haha

and injuries can happen to stuntsmen as well ... so as the WWE wrestlers ... occupational hazard ..
so seth rollins injury won't make WWE a real thing ... :D