JMFC?

overthetop2

"I dont care about you or the internet etc etc"

*Goes on to post several times in several threads about how unfair it is JMFC won Alliance of the Year and actively derails any thread JMFC is mentioned in to this end. Goes further by googling us (I presume) and going to a different forum entirely to spy on us/find out more about us then reporting back with glee to everyone*

... Yeah sure, of course you dont.

Also wanting to take away a fictional game award from us and give it to someone else because we dont deserve it (in your almighty opinion) sure sounds pretty serious to me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're trying to say is that if an alliance wants Alliance of the Year award they have to have upwards of seventy people so they can compete with JMFC voting for themselves? That's bullshit. An alliance shouldn't win Alliance of the Year just because they have the most members, all of which are willing to vote for themselves to win an award. Having a lot of members doesn't make you the best alliance.

Get over yourself. You're just talking shit to make people feel sympathy for you - "No one likes me, they like I'm a bad person and I don't know why." No one is making you out to be bad guys - just jackasses. If you want to go ahead and accept everyone and anyone, good. But why should you win Alliance of the Year solely because you all voted for your own alliance? If you can't see why that's a bullshit reason to win something you're really just an idiot.

And stop with the taking the internet seriously shit. I don't take the internet seriously. I don't pay attention to the stupid memes and all the countless idiotic videos, and when people try to get me into that shit I refuse. I really just don't care. What I do take seriously is the community here, because I like this game and a majority of the people I've come into contact because of it, and as a byproduct I care about who wins the year end awards. Why shouldn't I? Just because most of the people here are from different countries doesn't make them any less of a person, or any less deserving of an award. Does that award mean a lot? No, but nothing has meaning unless you give it meaning, and to me the awards do mean at least something.

And you're the one who tried to win Alliance of the Year by getting everyone in your alliance to vote for it, didn't you? And you have an 85 page thread on a different forum based around this game. Really shows how much you don't care about the internet.

Sit

There are other ways I'm sure. Maybe re-branding all alliance owned businesses and fighters so people know they exist. Every time I hit high street in Rio I see nothing but JMFC. Not a bad idea. Maybe being the alliance equivalent of Good Samaritans ? I really don't know, but I'm sure if those who were interested put the time into it they'll come up with creative ways of overcoming the member difference. Those who care will come up with ways of combating JMFC. All I'm saying is give them a chance to at least try before making any changes.

The problem is a lot of the more vocal people arent interested in doing anything but complain about how its unfair we are bigger. The only solutions they can come up with is to somehow hamstring us to 'level the playing field'.

I think the voting should be changed next year, but not into some kind of elitist panel of judges and some of the other things people put forward to further their own agendas. In any case no one can say what this game will look like in a year, we will probably be around. Im hoping this game will be way bigger than it is right now and if things go well the forums will be more active and have a lot of new posters to help drown everyone else out.

The problem is a lot of the more vocal people arent interested in doing anything but complain about how its unfair we are bigger. The only solutions they can come up with is to somehow hamstring us to 'level the playing field'.

I think the voting should be changed next year, but not into some kind of elitist panel of judges and some of the other things people put forward to further their own agendas. In any case no one can say what this game will look like in a year, we will probably be around. Im hoping this game will be way bigger than it is right now and if things go well the forums will be more active and have a lot of new posters to help drown everyone else out.

I gotta admit...my favorite part of this whole thing is how originally "no one had ever heard of" Jungle because you guys were "above the immaturity of the forums and troll threads". Let's hope the game gets bigger to "help drown everyone else out". :rolleyes:

I gotta admit...my favorite part of this whole thing is how originally "no one had ever heard of" Jungle because you guys were "above the immaturity of the forums and troll threads". Let's hope the game gets bigger to "help drown everyone else out". :rolleyes:

If you look into the abyss and all that..

You guys wanted us to make ourselves known, we cant win :( ;)

ps We are big mouths, the game better get awfully big lol.

See, you really are a jackass.

No, I don't care about "the internet". Yes, I care about MMA Tycoon, because it's a game/community I'm a part of. You would have understood that was the point I was making, but I'm sure you didn't even bother to read everything I wrote before you replied - and even if you did, you didn't comprehend anything because you have too much of a me vs you mentality.

*Goes on to post several times in several threads about how unfair it is JMFC won Alliance of the Year and actively derails any thread JMFC is mentioned in to this end. Goes further by googling us (I presume) and going to a different forum entirely to spy on us/find out more about us then reporting back with glee to everyone*

I actually did those things before I said I don't care about the internet. Nice try, though. And I actually haven't posted in a lot of threads where JMFC is discussed, because I don't care that much. I actually only posted in this one because the Alliance of the Year voting was mentioned by Note. As for going to Google, yeah, I did. I wanted to check to see if you guys were actually a WOW guild, because if you were we all know how much time people who play WOW can spend in front of a computer, and I was going to cite that as a reason why you wouldn't just drop the game. And it's a big deal to go to another forum? It's what, two clicks of a mouse? And, don't worry, I wasn't checking out your thread. I looked at the first page to see when it was started, and to make sure it was actually you guys, and then I looked at the last page to see if it was still active.

By the way, it's not a fictional game award. It's just a game award. Are the fighters and organizations fictional? Yeah, they're not actual people or companies. But the awards are not part of the game, they're just concerning the actions committed by real people in the game, especially the Alliance of the Year award, considering it's about a collection of managers, or people. It might not be as honorable as a Nobel, but it's still a real award.

Believe it or not, just because no one knows that you are yourself doesn't mean the internet is part of some fantasy land. The internet is a part of the real world, and playing it off like it isn't doesn't make you any cooler, which I'm sure is your motivation behind it. If more people realized that there would be a lot less idiotic assholes running around.

EDIT:

Your diatribes say differently.

How so? Because I explain myself to the fullest so things I say can't be taken out of context, even though you just did? The point I'm trying to make is that the internet is an all-encompassing term. I do not care about all of the internet. Do I care about parts of the internet? Yeah, and I'm fine with admitting that, because other people are a part of the internet, and I care about other people. Like I said, the internet is part of the real world. Just because what I might say on the internet doesn't effect me every moment of my life (and what does?) doesn't mean I didn't say it, and that I don't believe in what I said. Not being face to face with someone, and possibly and probably never going to be, doesn't mean you should lie to them, shit on them, or not care about them.

You have actually changed my mind dude.

I was going to say to you all to take back your award if it means that much to you, but you have made me realise it is important, very important. Now you will have to pry it from my cold dead hand.

Stop being so condescending. You don't care about the internet and how people on it see you any less than I do, otherwise you wouldn't keep replying and trying to make yourself seem like you don't care (because caring wouldn't be cool, would it?).

And something I missed ealier:

I think the voting should be changed next year, but not into some kind of elitist panel of judges and some of the other things people put forward to further their own agendas

I did originally suggest a panel of judges way back when the voting was going on, but I do agree that it wouldn't solve the problem, it would just tip the scale in the other direction, which is why I said that either Mike should decide it or we should just get rid of the award earlier in this thread.

So what you're trying to say is that if an alliance wants Alliance of the Year award they have to have upwards of seventy people so they can compete with JMFC voting for themselves? That's bullshit. An alliance shouldn't win Alliance of the Year just because they have the most members, all of which are willing to vote for themselves to win an award. Having a lot of members doesn't make you the best alliance.

People join JMFC because it's a great alliance. The best alliance IMO is an alliance that includes good managers, good fighters, good companies, and influences people in a positive way. I think anyone clamoring for another alliance to be called the best should be embarrassed that they couldn't scrape up more people than JMFC has members to vote for them.

Stop being so condescending. You don't care about the internet and how people on it see you any less than I do, otherwise you wouldn't keep replying and trying to make yourself seem like you don't care (because caring wouldn't be cool, would it?).

And something I missed ealier:

I did originally suggest a panel of judges way back when the voting was going on, but I do agree that it wouldn't solve the problem, it would just tip the scale in the other direction, which is why I said that either Mike should decide it or we should just get rid of the award earlier in this thread.

Im gonna level with you. I just like you posting trying to justify yourself. I dont know if you have heard this before, but you cant win an argument on the internet. I believe that to be true and Im not even trying to now. My motives for posting here are different from yours, if you dont mind I will leave it at that.

If you wanna drop the whole bad mouthing and talk about something constructively then I can do that as well. Or I can get back to antagonising you.

One thing on this, the reason I dont pick up this discussion with you and take it seriously is because I tried that before and it didnt work, the alliance vote thread started off me trying to defend our position and really as I say you cant win an argument on the internet (people will already have their opinion forme and its difficult to change it). If you want me to go over it with you perhaps I can speak to you in chat at some point. Just be prepared for us not to end up agreeing if that does happen.

The only reason for that is because no one expected JMFC to all vote for themselves, or even be in the running (I, among others, had never even heard of them until then). By the time the problem presented itself a lot of the votes were already in, and I doubt many people who voted read the entire discussion (I'd even be willing to bet some people just voted for whoever was in the lead).

Maybe JMFC is a great alliance, and maybe they did deserve the award, but the fact that they won it on their own votes, and their own votes only, as well as their elitist attitude (they may allow anyone in, but they don't seem to care about the opinion of anyone other than themselves) makes me think otherwise.

EDIT: Didn't see the last post until after I posted.

Now that you've been straight with me I see you in a different light. I'm happy I've been amusing you, by the way, lol. I'm sure I'll get a good laugh if I re-read some of my posts in a few days.

Maybe we will have that talk in chat at some point, but I doubt it. Chat isn't the best place for something like that, and I'm not in there a lot to begin with.

But, yeah, I get what you mean. My apologies if I've been a jackass while trying to prove my points, but I'm sure you can see why, considering you were trying to antagonize me to begin with.

The only reason for that is because no one expected JMFC to all vote for themselves, or even be in the running (I, among others, had never even heard of them until then). By the time the problem presented itself a lot of the votes were already in, and I doubt many people who voted read the entire discussion (I'd even be willing to bet some people just voted for whoever was in the lead).

Maybe JMFC is a great alliance, and maybe they did deserve the award, but the fact that they won it on their own votes, and their own votes only, as well as their elitist attitude (they may allow anyone in, but they don't seem to care about the opinion of anyone other than themselves) makes me think otherwise.

We do actually think we are pretty good, I can cite examples as to why (and have) but really it probably wont change your mind... and thats the point Im getting at ultimately. We stopped defending ourselves and taking the jibes seriously for that reason. Nothing we can say is going to matter if you dont like us. Just like nothing people say to us matters all that much.

We were happy just playing around in Rio until people started saying we sucked, who are we, we dont deserve to be in this category etc etc. You called us out so we took 'your' award :)

Edit: Yeah well I dont go on chat much either (but you can talk 1 on 1 in chat as well). Just waiting for Shiv to sort out the alliance fight thing and hes on the other side of the world to me! I came clean because Im not a good a troll as some of my alliance mates ;) Im sure this kind of thing will pop up again and maybe I will be in the mood to make long posts. Right now its on average one a week so chances seem high.

The whole EoY Awards got way out of hand and so has this thread. All Everlast pointed out was that the Alliance of the Year award was skewed...and it was...then he gets trolled into an argument. :yawn: Fact is some of these awards should have been voted on and others should have been decided differently. That's why I asked in another thread if Alliances get together to fight...seems like a great way to realize who the superior gang of keyboard warriors are...

Maybe JMFC is a great alliance, and maybe they did deserve the award, but the fact that they won it on their own votes, and their own votes only, as well as their elitist attitude

I voted for JMFC before I was in JMFC. In fact, if I remember correctly, JMFC got more votes than actual members. I suppose if you count members in spirit against them.

JMFC helped me. When I was starting out, JMFC told me "You're an idiot, here's why you're an idiot, stop being so stupid, stupid". They've given me generous contracts, they've given me fun people to talk to, etc.

Maybe the other alliances could have, but JMFC did.

Also they got me my tier 2.

That's why I asked in another thread if Alliances get together to fight...seems like a great way to realize who the superior gang of keyboard warriors are...

I am not opposed to this. It is going to happen :)

The only counter point I have is that there are many ways to decide who is 'best'. 'Best' can take on many forms.

This has been pretty entertaining=)

All i got to say is there are quite a few people i like in JMFC before i even knew who they were, and the ones I do know are fairly nice guys. I see no point in trying to give them a bad wrap because they voted for themselves. Any alliance could have gotten more votes by asking there buddies, companies, orgs to vote for there alliance. This argument just keeps going in circles, its over and done with. Heck, probably a dozen to two dozen people voted for JMFC just on the grounds of how poorly the argument was made against them and for calling them names, and stupid little kids bullshit or calling them out and what not. I know this did not help one alliance at all by being antogonistic and caused more harm than good for their own case otherwise it could have been closer than it was.

I am not opposed to this. It is going to happen :)

The only counter point I have is that there are many ways to decide who is 'best'. 'Best' can take on many forms.

Would give a helluva boost to the bookies too.

Sure the whole "Alliance" thing shouldn't be decided by a tournament either, but in some sort of point system it could help. Also take into account how their gyms fare (winning percentage, champs etc), clothing/supps sales and sponsorships. All of this could be tallied.

Would give a helluva boost to the bookies too.

Sure the whole "Alliance" thing shouldn't be decided by a tournament either, but in some sort of point system it could help. Also take into account how their gyms fare (winning percentage, champs etc), clothing/supps sales and sponsorships. All of this could be tallied.

Im very excited for it. Im actually not putting forward a fighter as I think we have better choices, but I am organising it along with Shiv. Once we get together we will be releasing the details, so watch this space :D

Yeah we could argue that, the thing there is we are making it complicated (not saying its not a viable option). Perhaps making it so you cant vote for yourself is an easier way (maybe not though, I dont have the progamming knowledge). I dont see why the way it works is that bad, perhaps I am bias, but I dont think my feelings would change any if I didnt benefit from it this time. Instead of relying on facts and checks it relies on the communities opinion.

Whatever the community (or Mike) thinks is best is acceptable to me. Really its a tiny tiny part of the game and not something that should take up much of his time imho.

I mean if JMFC cant vote for themselves thats cool. I am sure people in our many orgs an gyms would be happy to vote for us (Im merely saying how I think the forum would react if we were to win again under different rules).

They might have gotten more votes than members, but if you removed all of the votes that were alliance members voting for their own alliance, I am 100% sure that JMFC would have lost.

EDIT: Wicked late. Wasn't even on the third page when I posted this - got caught up on the phone.

The gym portion would be part of a feature that has being requested for a while now (rank/hype gauge) and the rest just seems like adding up the calculations that are already being made (sales etc).

They might have gotten more votes than members, but if you removed all of the votes that were alliance members voting for their own alliance, I am 100% sure that JMFC would have lost.

EDIT: Wicked late. Wasn't even on the third page when I posted this - got caught up on the phone.

Yes, but unless you know for sure that all the votes were from JMFC members then its not fair to remove votes. (I have no idea if they were, perhaps most were).

In fact that is quite an unfair statement. That is like saying in a presidential election you have to remove any votes for the democrat candidate if they were made by a member of the democrat party. It just doesnt happen that way.

[

The gym portion would be part of a feature that has being requested for a while now (rank/hype gauge) and the rest just seems like adding up the calculations that are already being made (sales etc).

This way we need never vote on anything. It would all be hard stats to figure out a predefined 'best'. As I say Im not opposed to this, but this would be what would happen. Voting would be meaningless.

It's not the same. If every democrat votes for the democratic candidate they don't have anything to win - they're just voting for who they think should be president (I'm against the bi-party thing, anyway, because it is essentially you'll vote one way or another for the rest of your life just because you're a member of that party, which isn't what you should base your vote on) they themselves won't become president. In this situation everyone in JMFC was literally voting for themselves, because if JMFC won then they won. And I'm not just saying we should have only removed JMFC for JMFC votes, I'm saying if we also removed all votes that were essentially self-votes (Fighter's Pit for Fighter's Pit, Boondock Fight Team for Boondock Fight Team), then JMFC would have still lost - which I'm certain of. Who would have won, I don't know, but I am certain it wouldn't have been you guys.

It's not the same. If every democrat votes for the democratic candidate they don't have anything to win - they're just voting for who they think should be president (I'm against the bi-party thing, anyway, because it is essentially you'll vote one way or another for the rest of your life just because you're a member of that party, which isn't what you should base your vote on) they themselves won't become president. In this situation everyone in JMFC was literally voting for themselves, because if JMFC won then they won. And I'm not just saying we should have only removed JMFC for JMFC votes, I'm saying if we also removed all votes that were essentially self-votes (Fighter's Pit for Fighter's Pit, Boondock Fight Team for Boondock Fight Team), then JMFC would have still lost - which I'm certain of. Who would have won, I don't know, but I am certain it wouldn't have been you guys.

Won what? People in JMFC voted JMFC because they like JMFC over other alliances. It's part of the reason they're in JMFC.