Make it look like you had sent an email?

So my buddy from work was suppose to email something to another person a while ago but didnt. He was asking me (since I work with a bunch of technically-challenged people) if there is anyway to make it look like he sent it. Falsifying the date or something. He has to forward the "sent" email to our boss showing he sent it. From my understanding there is no way to do it but I told him I'd ask around. Any one got any ideas for him?

Yes it can be done but the headers will give him away if your boss knows what he's doing.

If your company is even remotely large and has an IT department, I wouldn't even bother trying, he'd almost definitely be caught and your boss may know the email was never sent already.

At this point it would take a lot less effort just to fess up.

Yes it can be done but the headers will give him away if your boss knows what he's doing.

If your company is even remotely large and has an IT department, I wouldn't even bother trying, he'd almost definitely be caught and your boss may know the email was never sent already.

At this point it would take a lot less effort just to fess up.

Wow thats the attitude of a quitter ! you should always lie and denie shit. have you never heard that phrase "innocent until PROVEN guilty" i say go for a forgery :D its not even your own neck on the line

step 1: hit "forward" on a different email from the same day.

step 2: scroll down to the forwarded message and change the name of the person

step 3: change the body/subject of the forwarded email to show whatever he was supposed to have sent.

simple ;)

(if not using an email from the same day, then just change the date in the forwarded email to whatever you want)

but yeah, if I.T. gets involved this will be a lot worse than just saying "oh man, i thought i sent it but it just got saved to my draft folder", or something.