Semiautomatic Award system

I just read through the "Collected Excellence" thread and got to think a bit about how the awards are given. It seems people have very different aproaches to how they place their vote, and thats great for categories where there are no set facts like for instance avatar, ko, sub ect. of the year.

However i think there are categories where it would be more fair to simply go by the numbers.

There is an ingame ranking system why not automaticly use that to pick the winners in categories like fighter of the year, manager of the year clothing, sub. company and org. of the year? Basicly all awards where its possible to use the ingame statistics.

That way the results wont be based on a popularitycontest, but by the fact that, that manager, fighter or company stayed the most days as number one in the game that year.

What do you guys think about that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 5 months later...

This makes sense to me with the exception of clothing/nutrition companies... unless we're going for laundry of the year sales and 500 weeks might not be relevant factors.

If the number one company is decided by who have the most weeks on the number one spot, people who just launder, wont stand a chance, because of the stock caps. What will get you the most weeks as number one will be regular 500 sales weeks + a ton of sponsorships. So you would have to be a popular shop + give back to the community by sharing your wealth.

If the number one company is decided by who have the most weeks on the number one spot, people who just launder, wont stand a chance, because of the stock caps. What will get you the most weeks as number one will be regular 500 sales weeks + a ton of sponsorships. So you would have to be a popular shop + give back to the community by sharing your wealth.

I still believe that clothing stores should be something nominated and voted for personally, sometimes I buy stuff from random local stores because I don't want to wait 3 days to get a good design from a shop on another highstreet. This doesn't mean I'm "voting" for ABC Store with generic clothes it just means I needed the morale boost that day. This method will also greatly favor the companies who have been around for a while and we're more likely to see Hellbent or something similar take it every year. If that's the intention that's fine I had just figured that since it was yearly the idea was stuff that was new that year.