Times have changed!?

I'm waiting to get good at this game before I start talking shit to people. Might be waiting a while.

I have been shit for 4 years but still talk smack lol

• Upvote 1

I wonder where everyone on the internet is going. The rap site I used to use...ghost town. The MMA site I'm on used to do Pick Em matches with like 30 people...last week there was 4. This site had loads as you say and now it's got a lot less.

So what are the people who used to do this shit moving onto? Is there a place on the net everyone ended up? haha

The apps on smartphones. Since everybody is looking anyway every fucking moment they can on there smartphone, they use the apps on that. So i hope with the MMAT App more people might be inclined to join the game :P.

The biggest downfall of the forums has been the lack of true rivalries and guys that could trash talk. Guys like J-bomb, Estefan, Chuck Grace, Shiv, Soyster, Pico, shiftas, hell even Jacky were some of the best at trash talking, interviews, and all around hype men I remember. It seemed at least once a month we had a very hyped up fight or even an entire event from Syn, CFC, NFC, Blitzkrieg or IMMA that had lots of us just waiting for the events.

My hope is we get some new blood in the forums that can add to the "new age" of trash talkers and hype men like dinooo, Bjorn, Rory, GBK and Callum. As well as some of the old school guys like JLP, Stu, Joe Lang and Chris K.

I couldn't agree more with you, but the sad truth is that I am on internship now and first of all very busy + also in front of multiple computer screens all day long for work, so I have limited time to be actually active on MMATycoon.

When I can find a good balance between work and family, I'll certainly try to up the activity again, but right now my hands are tied sadly enough.

It has been frustrating for me to see the lack of activity, certainly on the forums, as I love this game and hate to see this dip in activity. To be honest, when you call someone out, the chance that they will react is like 50/50 + then the chance that they will accept is about that ratio as well, so it sucks. I'm open for callouts when I'll be more active again, so build your rosters and come at me then :P

There are a few guys I would love to call out for a roster vs roster event, but as I said I can't right now + sometimes their rosters are just too different as well.

I have a fun plan in mind for the future, for when I have time, that will make one guy shit his pants when he even thinks about it. Yeah, it involves a scottish former king who is now dancing on bagpipe-music to make a few pennies for his 'fighters '.

Things go in cycles. You guys are reminiscing about the ex players, well there's new members joining and starting their careers all the time.

One thing that I find a shame - I have 14 active fighters, fighting in 9 different orgs, none of them ever feature in any write ups, reviews, previews. Not that they're being overlooked, just none of these orgs have regular write ups.

The sooner that Writers' Union thing gets going the better.

• Upvote 1

Aaah fuck.

Lol.

This will happen (probably will change some of my fighters as you chose some real scrubs there) but I will get back to you on Sunday. Rory has to get back on it today. An old mate is in town :/.

Funny, I figured being a scrub was a requirement to be a Rory Daly fighter

From the fights I posted, 2 of them would have me at a skill advantage, 2 are pretty neutral, and 2 have you at a skill advantage. Couldn't find another fight from the rosters, but I look forward to your proposed fights.

And Bwang, the writer's union stuff will be up by tonight hopefully, just getting some feedback from people at the minute and wanna try and have it as straight forward as possible.

• Upvote 1

1 Smacktalk

You used to be fun. Something I looked forward to reading on a daily basis! Something I could spend a few boring hours at work reading and commenting on, wether it was smack talking some idiot who I was gonna inevitably lose too, or reading a quality peice of writing, or smirking angrily at another 'I piss excellence' thread by karter, or... I dunno, I've forgotten what was so great about the forum!

You have to understand that real smacktalk would involve bad language and bad intensions. If you look in forum back in days all that stuff was allowed people where going each other nad bad ways and people loved it that was the thing that did bring attention to the forum now if you say a bad word you are banned and topic is closed so just forget about smacktalk no one cares about fight that are not with any rivaly what so ever no one will tune in to watch that. Check the Conor vs Diaz fight full of bad itensions and eveyone loves it. So there is only one way or you allow the forum to be more harsh or forget about the smacktalk.

2. Users online

Yeah it's definitely changed. I think a big factor is the active users dwindling down and being replaced by new users who don't use it as much. We got over 10k users now (Insert multi joke here), and see like 300 online at most at any one time, and have less than 100 users on the forums it seems, which is less than 1% of the total base. Plus factor in a lot of people have salty vaginas about some things on the forums they don't like and it leads to even less activity.

Little trick by Mike that no one seems to understand. Its 350 users online now but as you can see 200 of them are from that betting site. This game is not Mikes objective anymore. That other side he is working on has more users online and is proably making him much more money. You have to understand that the first place he did say he has newborn and congratulates everyone on christmast was on that betting site not here on MMATycoon. Thats why nothing is happening here he doesnt care about this game anymore because is going down and there is no real way to even save it.

3. MMATycoon radio.

Well no one cares about it because first of all its not intresting. There are allways the same old people on it who talks about fight and stuff no one really cares about and the format is just not all that good. You cant understand who is talking you cant understand really about what they are talking you should edit it much better and bring in some people who really have some weight in the game and have their own opinon not only 16 year old kids from UK.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm gonna do something like put 150k on smack talker of the month for Highland Games and 75k for HI and HKB. Try and get some interesting shit going.

i will gate crush you smalk talk thread....and get that $$$$.... :arrowhead:

• Upvote 1

1 Smacktalk

You have to understand that real smacktalk would involve bad language and bad intensions. If you look in forum back in days all that stuff was allowed people where going each other nad bad ways and people loved it that was the thing that did bring attention to the forum now if you say a bad word you are banned and topic is closed so just forget about smacktalk no one cares about fight that are not with any rivaly what so ever no one will tune in to watch that. Check the Conor vs Diaz fight full of bad itensions and eveyone loves it. So there is only one way or you allow the forum to be more harsh or forget about the smacktalk.

2. Users online

Little trick by Mike that no one seems to understand. Its 350 users online now but as you can see 200 of them are from that betting site. This game is not Mikes objective anymore. That other side he is working on has more users online and is proably making him much more money. You have to understand that the first place he did say he has newborn and congratulates everyone on christmast was on that betting site not here on MMATycoon. Thats why nothing is happening here he doesnt care about this game anymore because is going down and there is no real way to even save it.

3. MMATycoon radio.

Well no one cares about it because first of all its not intresting. There are allways the same old people on it who talks about fight and stuff no one really cares about and the format is just not all that good. You cant understand who is talking you cant understand really about what they are talking you should edit it much better and bring in some people who really have some weight in the game and have their own opinon not only 16 year old kids from UK.

PM me if you interested in being part of a well put togheter operation...its going to be fun...trust me ;)

• Upvote 1

The biggest downfall of the forums has been the lack of true rivalries and guys that could trash talk. Guys like J-bomb, Estefan, Chuck Grace, Shiv, Soyster, Pico, shiftas, hell even Jacky were some of the best at trash talking, interviews, and all around hype men I remember. It seemed at least once a month we had a very hyped up fight or even an entire event from Syn, CFC, NFC, Blitzkrieg or IMMA that had lots of us just waiting for the events.

My hope is we get some new blood in the forums that can add to the "new age" of trash talkers and hype men like dinooo, Bjorn, Rory, GBK and Callum. As well as some of the old school guys like JLP, Stu, Joe Lang and Chris K.

Been waiting like 3 years just for someone to mention my name :D

My problem is that I don't have any good fighters so no one care when I talk shit haha. Torquil Bram has been decent with it though and now that he's winning fights again I'm gonna go back to talking with him. Ricky Ray is in EVO (but never gets fights :() so I could probably mix it up there too.

1 Smacktalk

You have to understand that real smacktalk would involve bad language and bad intensions. If you look in forum back in days all that stuff was allowed people where going each other nad bad ways and people loved it that was the thing that did bring attention to the forum now if you say a bad word you are banned and topic is closed so just forget about smacktalk no one cares about fight that are not with any rivaly what so ever no one will tune in to watch that.

I think I might agree with this to a certain degree. Some of the smack talk seems to be a bit 'spam like', I really don't care if XXX fighter had a great training session or how much he respects YYY just to get a fight.

Quality over quantity would be my preference (not that I'm an expert by any means or have fighters that are well enough known either). What I' trying to say is I wouldn't want to see the forums flooded with crap like that just to make the forums active. A step backwards to the more interesting articles that ruffled a few feathers and people could take with good humour instead of over nannying would be a good thing imo.

• Upvote 1

I think I might agree with this to a certain degree. Some of the smack talk seems to be a bit 'spam like', I really don't care if XXX fighter had a great training session or how much he respects YYY just to get a fight.

Quality over quantity would be my preference (not that I'm an expert by any means or have fighters that are well enough known either). What I' trying to say is I wouldn't want to see the forums flooded with crap like that just to make the forums active. A step backwards to the more interesting articles that ruffled a few feathers and people could take with good humour instead of over nannying would be a good thing imo.

Well people like it or not it really doesnt even matter. You cant hype up a fights with a smacktalk with out any harassing or bad intentions. Look at UFC and where they are now and for facts its not by singing or bowing but its by Conor and Diaz talking shit to each other. If you dont like that kind attitude then you are not really in the right place because this is fighting game. Or if you cut all that stuff out you will really have boring forum. There is no other ways in fight game Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and others wasnt popular just because they did fight good and you have to understand that.

Well people like it or not it really doesnt even matter. You cant hype up a fights with a smacktalk with out any harassing and bad intentions. Look at UFC and where they are now and for facts its not by singing or bowing but its by Conor and Diaz talking shit to each other. If you dont like that kind attitude then you are not really in the right place because this is fighting game. Or if you cut all that stuff out you will really have boring forum. There is no other ways in fight game Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and others wasnt popular just because they did fight good and you have to understand that.

Fuck him, fuck that, fuck you, motherfucker

I feel left out here. :( I'm trying.

Hector Camacho went shopping today on his final rest day before returning to training to prepare for his EVO World Title Defence. At the shops he bought some new trainers and some organic vegetables. He respects his upcoming opponent and gives thanks to his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ as without him he would be nothing.

He also thinks JLP is prick and an oxygen thief, and Louie de Palma sucks judges cocks and swallows.

• Upvote 5

Rivalries and decent write ups are what make things interesting. Back in the old days most of the top level orgs had very good write ups, i think most of them these days do not even post write ups. But the bottom line is the rivalries between fighters, orgs and alliances. Most orgs basically do their own thing besides the Olympics, not much meaning or hype is put into any of the super fights. There is almost no genuine alliance v alliance rivalries going on, how it used to be.

I think all these things can be sorted out though. In the mean time, we will see the grinding process continue.

• Upvote 1

Hector Camacho went shopping today on his final rest day before returning to training to prepare for his EVO World Title Defence. At the shops he bought some new trainers and some organic vegetables. He respects his upcoming opponent and gives thanks to his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ as without him he would be nothing.

He also thinks JLP is prick and an oxygen thief, and Louie de Palma sucks judges cocks and swallows.

The moment you said that you duck all fights from JLP, we at Convicted knew you were BHP potential.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

ABUSE!!! ABUSE!!! ABUSE!!!

My first year I was pretty into the forums doing a lot of write ups for my org and different smack talk with my fighters but I dont know I just lost interest in it some. Especially the write ups because for a good one its gonna take at least 2 hours or so and god forbid you fuck up and not save or some dumb shit. I havent lost interest in the game at all but the forums a little. Also it's not exactly easy to have like 15 different fighter personalities so a lot of smack talk really just ends up being repetitive over time

Tick tock Rory

Don't you worry child, I'll be looking over our rosters today and this showdown will be set in stone so there is no backing out after that. Been a busy w/e and I'm trying to illegally watch ufc 196 at work ;)

• Upvote 1