ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

Looks like I will be getting some time next week, so I plan on doing a big write up about the teams, basically a crap version of what Jbomb did in the past. Will be PM'ing some of the team owners for some backstory on them.

Sounds awesome. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Sounds awesome. Let me know if I can help in any way.

You can happily be a character involved in some way. Want to try to make this a Tycoon wide story, and will most likely use references to parts from the Dean Sutherland Jr story so it makes it all feel a bit more legit.

Frumgar it is a little early to get the picks in this time, but this is the first round do it early to make sure there is no bugs to get worked out while there is still time to make changes. The rest of the fights will be 2 weeks apart so will have a lot less time to fight pick, plan and train. I was in it last time, it goes fast once it starts. You will be looking thinking man I really need to get this skill up, then once he is recovered from his fight you are thinking well crap now I only have 6 sessions to train. After this round fight picks and planning will be a lot more important because of the lack of time to prepare.

Since you guys are doing a storytelling exercise i thought i'll do a scouting report.

Team Conquer

They have a good line up of heavyweights with Gale and Louie bringing in two strong competitors, Ethan has done a lot with very little in the past and Jackson may look underskilled but will be a serious threat down the line. Antidote is the weaker of the bunch with a big heavyweight who doesn't pack much of a punch. His chin hasn't been broken but i don't think that will last very long in this tournament. I'd say it is one of the tougher groups of heavyweights in the tournament.

While their heavyweights could lock down a few victories their welterweights leave a lot to be desired. While they are all well versed and balanced fighters with multiple ways to win; their hiddens also insure multiple ways to lose. Shortfuse has a chinny fighter entered, Rodrigo's guy has a solid chin but i'd think he has a lack of heart and the Antidote's guy popped determined, which isn't a good thing. This could be their Achilles heel when it comes down to the match ups.

Prediction - Could do pretty well all things considered.

Stray Dogs

Uncle Lar has brought in a fairly kickable fighter, who will need to raise that MT up in the world of body gassing. The same can be said about Lukker who also doesn't have any great hiddens. Devanso and Hong are their saving graces, two very strong fighters and two high calibre managers behind them, the only problem being that both men have shown an ability to get knocked out and at heavyweight that is a problem, however the managers can easily slider around this problem.

They have one of the strongest line ups of welterweights with Fabian Hoi and Wilder Wein at the forefront, both of whom will be favorites to go on and take the individual showcase at the end of the season. Joe's fighter is a little behind at this stage but a months training can go a long way to making a fighter ready for this type of tournament. It is clear though that the Stray Dogs will have a shot at winning each week with a solid core of four and three guys who can catch up as the season goes along.

Prediction - Could be a serious contender as long as their core four hold it together during the first month.

The Corporation

Damozzi has the skills and hiddens to be a great fighter, his major problem is that his manager is quitting the game after the tournament is finished so doubts to how much effort he will put in arises. Bustamante is a clinch rapest wet dream, and with his very low wrestling will find himself on his ass to grapplers also. Escobar lacks in primaries but considering i picked up a few of Bragi's guys myself, he will be above average under the hood. Lodbrok appears to have no chin (this might be a weight to height thing though) but his skills look solid enough that he should be able to put up a respectable fight against most heavyweights in the tournament.

Hartlock is very much an underskilled grappler who was created at 16 or 17 and from what i can see has solid hiddens, he will be good if he can get his stand up in order by mid season. Landen appears to be very chinny and unlike Listermans heavyweight fighter could be in some serious trouble at welterweight if he doesn't put the time in slidering his way around it. Lodbock appears to be chinny with some KO power, it is hard to gauge at the lower levels how that power will translate in the bigger leagues, he is drastically underskilled and really could struggle during the season to get anything going.

Prediction - Bottom of the table.

Verdino

Legstrong is one of the smaller heavyweight fighters in the competition and will be looking to turn these matches into grappling contests. His major problem in the past has been either his heart or sliders because there is no way a fighter should be knocked out that many times with a granite chin. Odoacer has some great skills but could be punted to death in this division, he needs to get dem kicks up however the rest of his game is solid and seems to have some knockout power in his hands. Wani and Giacomo are the one two punch who hope to keep Verdino's heavyweight hopes alive. Both guys are pretty similar both great strikers with a ton of KO power, good chins and undefeated records.

Volkov has great skills and heavy hands which always help, he has been knocked out a couple of times in the past so it is something to look out for, however he could be a force when it comes to the individual stage. Brown has no great hiddens but is a grappler which could keep him in most fights if he can get it to the ground, his biggest weakness is that Straydogs manager JLP had him before, so will be able to rely intel over to the rest of the dogs. If Yates spends the next month or two boosting his MT and kicks i'd say he would be one of the favorites to take the welterweight individual tournament.

Prediction - Biased = winners Unbiased = Has the potential to reach the finals.

FinnFighters

Koncur looks like a very strong addition to the Finnfighters line up, his wrestling will need to go up a little bit but other than that he could be a real force in this tournament. The same can be said about De Sucre to be honest, his career hasn't started out the greatest but a good run in this tournament could spark his career and Marky done very well last year in this tournament. Algot goes by his name chinless bastard and i would concur, will most likely be cannon fodder. Berserk has some decent skills but his hiddens aren't that great however he does have a great manager behind him. It should be interesting to see if Gutz can slider his way to victory with him or if the lack of hiddens will kill him.

Perala looks underskilled but it is Jorma we are talking about so i'd assume his seconds are mostly at the elite level by now, he has a solid chin and could be later down the line a real threat in the individual stages. Rambo appears to be lacking a chin and kicks which is a deadly combo in tycoon, he could really struggle if he cannot get the fight to the ground. Cabrera has the chin and the power, he just lacks the intelligence or something else is wrong with him, i had a guy like that Vitali Kersikov who either done really well or really shit.

Prediction - Potential winners

Team Misfits

Klatz has entered in Rubin who has been performing really well considering his lack of stand up ability, and could be really scary once his stand up is on par with his grappling. Furia's career got off to a blazing 4-0 start but has since stalled after two knock out losses, being in the ITFL this could go either really good for him or really bad. Severn is another case of as shortfuse would say "keeping shitty fighters because i can't be bothered making new ones", he has some KO power but a lack of chin could see him die horribly. Ah finally the Davies free agent wonder, no really good hiddens, but he has great skills... but after all its Davies controlling him, look for him to go a perfect 0-10.

Luca appears to be underskilled with a solid chin and decent power, if he gets his skills up he might do well in this tournament. Nomo is a modern day miracle how the hell do you have that sort of record with no kicks, this tournament could see him put a fair dent in that loss column as the better fighters will want his hype. Aylib has send in one of his featherweights, however given the lack of hiddens and lack of MT he could struggle against the bigger harder hitting welterweights.

Prediction - It is actually a good team, I'd say they could be finalists or just miss out due to Davies going 0-10.

• Upvote 8

I think The Corporation has more chances than everyone thinks.

well considering i give them 0 chance, then it wouldn't be very hard. They won't end up with 0 wins through-out the season like Davies but they will struggle quite badly with some of the competition that is in here. I don't expect them to win a series just looking at the potential match ups.

Good write up Dinooo but I have to disagree about your prediction about The Corporation.

The Corporation

Prediction - Bottom of the table.

By predicting we're going to finish last, we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm pretty sure my guy Diego Bustamante is the weakest fighter in the tournament so if anything my guy is the most likely one to lose all of his fights not potter09's fighter :P

Good write up Dinooo but I have to disagree about your prediction about The Corporation.

By predicting we're going to finish last, we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm pretty sure my guy Diego Bustamante is the weakest fighter in the tournament so if anything my guy is the most likely one to lose all of his fights not potter09's fighter :P

Nah, there are a few HW's who aren't that great and could be potential bad match ups, we both know Bustamante has 2 losses to come anyway when Giacomo gets his hands on him, i'll drag you into the clinch and unleash dem knees.

Nah, there are a few HW's who aren't that great and could be potential bad match ups, we both know Bustamante has 2 losses to come anyway when Giacomo gets his hands on him, i'll drag you into the clinch and unleash dem knees.

Yeah, I'll be happy if Diego Bustamante doesn't get KO'd before gassing and comes away with at least as many wins as losses.

Stand up is where Giacomo is most dangerous but if he goes against an aggressive ground guy, I can see Giacomo losing by GnP or Submission. That is if the fight goes to the ground :P