Grumpy bastard complaint

I'm from the old school that a fight offered reset the clause, but it looks like the only way to reset the inactivity clause now is if the fighter accepts or declines a fight.

Can someone else confirm that?

If that's the case, then whats the most someone is stuck, 35 -45 days?

Yep I just realized that myself I only have two days left and I can void out the contract. I thought the same thing until you said that and I rechecked it. Thanks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm from the old school that a fight offered reset the clause, but it looks like the only way to reset the inactivity clause now is if the fighter accepts or declines a fight.

Can someone else confirm that?

If that's the case, then whats the most someone is stuck, 35 -45 days?

So based on this, all this hostage situation and stuff is just for the period of inactivity clause if they just don't accept or decline the offer, right?

Just a question about contracts in general not any specific org;

I'm lucky I haven't had much need to leave contracts early but - (I'm not sure about this) - isn't the 'leave' button on the contracts page unavailable to click when you have a fight offer waiting? i.e if an org owner really wants to keep you hostage he can still get around the inactivity clause by leaving a semi-permanent fight offer for your fighter? The inactivity still ticks down but you can't click the 'leave' button till you either accept/reject the offer (therefore resetting the inactivity clause anyway) or the org owner removes the fight offer?

If this is the case then I still think it's particularly harsh on the newer managers who might not have experience with looking at contracts properly in the first place or might not even know who the shady org owners are in the first place to avoid them.

Can someone with a bit more knowledge throw some light on this please?

• Upvote 2

So based on this, all this hostage situation and stuff is just for the period of inactivity clause if they just don't accept or decline the offer, right?

You can't use Inactivity if you have an active fight offer to your fighter. And naturally if you reply to said fight offer, your inactivity gets reset so that's generally how orgs have kept someone hostage in the past, by booking them as far off as possible.

lol just realised I answered Stu's question without realising

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty annoyed seeing both Mentor and Petro, showing the same fucked up views.. pretty sad actually!

I always release a fighter if a manager picked someone up from FA and ask for a release, i have never asked for compensation, however that is me and the way i run my org.

I think it is the managers responsibility to pay attention to what they sign and that includes FA's they pick up. I always avoid signing FA's that are in orgs i do not want to fight in. I guess if the manager proposed a reasonable compensation to have the fighter released, the request will be granted in 95% of the cases.

• Upvote 3