Nehi Interviews a Legend

It was 4 AM when my phone rang; eyes blurry and full of sleep I could just make out the name on the display - K. Torres. I was suddenly wide awake. A million thoughts ran through my head in an instant and I hesitated to answer the phone. Is this really who I think it is? Why would he be calling me? I answered...

Nehi: It's 4 AM...

Kid: BITCH! I didn't call you to get the time, I got motherfuckin' rolexes for that, bitch. You asleep?

Nehi: I ...

Kid: Listen, you know who this is right? I'm gonna be outside your place in 10. Get your ass ready, don't make me wait.

And with that he hung up on me. I was stunned. All I could think was that he was coming to stomp my ass, and I had no idea why. I snatched a Hellbent shirt from my closet and threw on last night's pants. I walked out my front door, sat on the curb and lit a cigarette. I didn't know what to expect when the car pulled to a stop in front of me. As I stood, the window lowered and smoke poured out in a cloud. He turned down the volume on the stereo and told me to get my fat ass in the car.

Nehi: So what's up, Kid? Where are we going?

Kid: Don't be scared, homie! I just heard that you're the man I need to talk to. I need a writer.

Nehi: Yeah, man. How can I help?

Kid: Just sit your big ass right there and take notes. I got some shit to get off my chest. And whenever we're through, you go back and write this up and let these bitches out there know who the real Kid Torres is.

He was visibly angry and quite physically intimidating. I sat there next to him, quietly, holding a notepad in my hands, waiting for him to unload on me. He told me not to be so nervous, and asked me to reach into the glove compartment and get him a blunt. He lit it up and took a huge hit, passed it over to me, and said...

Kid: I'm the most disrespected fighter on the planet. And ain't a fighter out there who can beat me! I'm the champ for a reason! Not because I beat some washed up bum, which I did! But because I'm the baddest dude that's ever walked across the face of this earth... And I can't get no respect? Boo me! But when I step to you don't back down like no bitch!

Nehi: Wait, wait, I don't understand. Who is disrespecting you?

Kid: Who isn't disrespecting me, dog. I don't get the respect I'm due from the fans, from my management, from Syn', you know what I'm sayin'... I mean where do you want me to begin?

Nehi: Start with Syn'

Kid: I've had over 20 fights in Syn', but you see what the fuck I had to go through just to get into the Hall of Fame? They make me jump through hoops like no other fighter on the roster. I'm treated like a dog, and yet I'm supposed to be the champion! They always keep putting the same faces in front of me in this org like they think they're gonna take me out and take this belt. Ain't none of these bitches in Las Vegas or anywhere else man enough to do it. They all scared of having a real fighter as the champ, they want me out. That's why they keep sending these same clowns to try and take me out, just like they're doing with my next fight.

Nehi: So you think that they've deliberately set you up to fail against Jack Siegel because you lost to him before?

Kid: Damn straight... I'm not trying to make excuses, man, he beat me, but he beat a strung out junkie that night. I was so fucked up I don't even remember the fight, anybody could have beaten me at that time. But Jack acts like he's gonna take my belt now based on that and he's in for a surprise. I'm the best fighter I've ever been in my life right now. There won't be any excuses. Jack Siegel is going to get slapped like a bitch for talking all that shit. But to me this shit all stems from my manager, he isn't doing his job, man.

Nehi: I always see Franky hyping you up. He seems like he's really trying to get your name out there.

Kid: Well, he needs to keep my name out of his mouth. If that's hyping me up I would love to see what shitting on me looks like. He makes me look like I'm just this cocky thug, like I'm just calling myself the best now that I'm the champ. I don't want people to get the wrong impression of me. I'm not just an arrogant douche-bag, but whatever... You know right now I'm just trying to think long-term, people can think what they want today but I'll be a legend forever.

Nehi: So what fights are you looking at down the road to cement that legacy?

Kid: That shits already cemented, son! The only thing thing I want now is a real challenge. I've proved I'm the best, not just the best featherweight, the best period. I want to fight Fidel Puno's fat ass before I retire, just to prove it.

Nehi: Really? You'd fight at Heavyweight?

Kid: I'd fight at any weight! Any of these big fat, greasy, pork sandwich eating, butterball bitches can come and get knocked out!

Nehi: And do you still want to finish out your career at Syn' or is there a possibility of you going elsewhere to seek out competition?

Kid: We'll see, I've got other offers. The shitzkrieg shitter feed is always blowing up my phone trying to get me down to Rio to fight a tranny, so that might happen if they can get the money up for that bitch to get his balls surgically reattached.

I hadn't even noticed that the car was pulling to a stop until we were in front of the AREA 51 training facility in Vegas. Kid jumped out of the car and yelled for me to get out before I put a permanent impression in his leather seat. I still had some questions that I wanted to ask but as I saw him grabbing his gear from the trunk of the car and heading into the gym I realized our interview was over. He entered the gym and the door slammed behind him. I was left standing in the parking lot in the early pre-dawn hours of the morning and all I could think was, "now how the hell am I supposed to get home?".

credit to nehi for the write-up. sup guys?

• Upvote 2