NO Contract!

I FINALLY got to release my pudding fighter, and made a new one, I figured I would go to work, and come home to see like 5 contract offers. Its been 2 days, and not even 1!!! Im in Vegas, I meant to go to LA. but there are a lot of people there, he's a super heavy weight African fighter looking for a contract. contact manager !

I FINALLY got to release my pudding fighter, and made a new one, I figured I would go to work, and come home to see like 5 contract offers. Its been 2 days, and not even 1!!! Im in Vegas, I meant to go to LA. but there are a lot of people there, he's a super heavy weight African fighter looking for a contract. contact manager !

Now you can stop bitching about that Otis crapper! quick fight!! I did with my first 2 fights!

I'm a org owner in LA and we have only held 1 event but we already have nearly a hundred fighter signed. I can't really offer any more signing bonuses because I must keep some our funds to book arenas, pay for publicity, etc. I think that some other organizations are in the same situation and this is why recruiting has slowed down considerably.

I would avoid making fighters in Vegas for the future. It's Vegas, so a ton of guys are making fighters in Vegas--I mean I had a guy who was 1-0, and then I couldn't get another fight. The best places to be are Canada and Rio in my opinion. Even Tokyo is pretty good--particularly for getting fights. The gyms aren't quite as good as Canada and Rio, but you can definetely get a lot of fights and some decent upcoming gyms.

St Petersburg is getting better--but that's another place where it's really difficult to get fights. I've had a fighter for almost three weeks now and still no fight offer. I'm about halfway through the inactivity clause, and I have a feeling it's going to be run right up to the deadline.

I would avoid making fighters in Vegas for the future. It's Vegas, so a ton of guys are making fighters in Vegas--I mean I had a guy who was 1-0, and then I couldn't get another fight. The best places to be are Canada and Rio in my opinion. Even Tokyo is pretty good--particularly for getting fights. The gyms aren't quite as good as Canada and Rio, but you can definetely get a lot of fights and some decent upcoming gyms.

St Petersburg is getting better--but that's another place where it's really difficult to get fights. I've had a fighter for almost three weeks now and still no fight offer. I'm about halfway through the inactivity clause, and I have a feeling it's going to be run right up to the deadline.

Let's not generalize about St Pete, now. Not all fight orgs are created equal.

I think not getting fights is a danger particular to signing with the biggest orgs, [not to generalize about the biggest orgs] . . . .

B)

Let's not generalize about St Pete, now. Not all fight orgs are created equal.

I think not getting fights is a danger particular to signing with the biggest orgs, [not to generalize about the biggest orgs] . . . .

B)

i built a guy for ST PETE actualy 2 guys and get offers to fight every other week in fact i even asked for a couple weeks off just to train . if i had another fighter i would prob put him here also , we have several new orgs so id think they would sign your man up quick and get him to work.

ST PETE is starting to grow and i have talked to just about every org owner here and they are all really nice guys with great ideas . i think they will start catchin up to the big guys in a month or so just need to get a few bugs worked out . so if your building a new fighter dont follow everyone to a highly populated city set up camp in ST PETE and help a city grow

Not generalizing--just saying that's my experience with St Pete thus far.

Just bustin' balls a bit.

I do think it's going to be more of a factor for giant orgs once the "diminishing returns" policy kicks in.

That's going to be really tough for them to get everybody enough action without taking a hit at the box office.

Interested to see how they handle it going forward.

[Thanks, PUREEVIL, it's been good having you aboard.]

I am online every noght before I go to bed searching for unsigned fighters in St. Petersburg and sending contracts as much as I can. If you are an active manager and you just created a fighter, by the time you wake up the next morning, you can expect a contract from Russian Mob Fighting to be waiting in your inbox unless your fighter is 135, 145, or 265+ (talent pool is too shallow right now).

Problems coming! Lets see here, I registered my first fighter on April 23 and got my first fight on may 2, great. My second fight is June 6th. If you can count, thats 34 days. No more gym, no more money. My 4th fighter (May 12th), two weeks later, no contract no fights. Didn't even join a gym for fear of pissing my money away. There is certainly a disproportionate number of people being offered contracts and fights vs being offered nothing. So lets do the numbers on this. If there are 3000 managers each with 4 fighters, that will be 12,000 fighters. If each fighter gets only 2 fights per month that would be 6000 matches x 2 = 12,000 matches/month. Divide that by the 6 days x 4 weeks (24 days) on our calender for fights and what do you get? At this stage of growth, you need 500 fights a day just to accommodate the current roster and provide 2 fights a month per fighter. The other day I came across a manager with VIP status. His 3 week old fighter is already waiting for his 4th fight. So the key to this game is to register as VIP, give all the best contracts to your own fighters and then match them against weaker fighters. If your fighter never gets hurt, just how many fights could he potentially get.

Problems coming! Lets see here, I registered my first fighter on April 23 and got my first fight on may 2, great. My second fight is June 6th. If you can count, thats 34 days. No more gym, no more money. My 4th fighter (May 12th), two weeks later, no contract no fights. Didn't even join a gym for fear of pissing my money away. There is certainly a disproportionate number of people being offered contracts and fights vs being offered nothing. So lets do the numbers on this. If there are 3000 managers each with 4 fighters, that will be 12,000 fighters. If each fighter gets only 2 fights per month that would be 6000 matches x 2 = 12,000 matches/month. Divide that by the 6 days x 4 weeks (24 days) on our calender for fights and what do you get? At this stage of growth, you need 500 fights a day just to accommodate the current roster and provide 2 fights a month per fighter. The other day I came across a manager with VIP status. His 3 week old fighter is already waiting for his 4th fight. So the key to this game is to register as VIP, give all the best contracts to your own fighters and then match them against weaker fighters. If your fighter never gets hurt, just how many fights could he potentially get.

That's not really the case, not every VIP has an Org where they can book their fighter to fight. If you are in a weight class or location where you are waiting longer than you would like to get fights and you are worried about running out of money, then switch to part time training and the money your fighter gets should cover the gym fees. As things continue to grow you should get more fights, you may just have to be patient. The BW, FW and SHW divisions have the least amount of fighters and are hard to continually book fights. In my fight Org that was pretty successful I couldn't really keep and FW and SHW division because there just wasn't enough talent.

If you are in the 170-205 weight classes you are in the best shape. Most of my fighters are in montreal and rio and I haven't had any trouble getting fights, I sometimes have to turn them down to heal and such.

That's not really the case, not every VIP has an Org where they can book their fighter to fight. If you are in a weight class or location where you are waiting longer than you would like to get fights and you are worried about running out of money, then switch to part time training and the money your fighter gets should cover the gym fees. As things continue to grow you should get more fights, you may just have to be patient. The BW, FW and SHW divisions have the least amount of fighters and are hard to continually book fights. In my fight Org that was pretty successful I couldn't really keep and FW and SHW division because there just wasn't enough talent.

If you are in the 170-205 weight classes you are in the best shape. Most of my fighters are in montreal and rio and I haven't had any trouble getting fights, I sometimes have to turn them down to heal and such.

No not every VIP has an org, but that does seem to be the best approach to getting lots of fights, wins, and make sure you always have money. The owner of the EUCF put one of his fighters in his org, and gave him 3 injured fighters in a row, so now the guy is 3-0 or something. Myself I have lucked out on some decent fighters, and Ive had 10 fights between my 4 guys. My dad (NWO) hasn't had the same luck, and you can't tell me it doesn't sound like a good idea for him to go VIP, make an org, and spoon feed his fighter injured guys, and cans, so he can have money to train. The game is MMA Tycoon, the point is to be a fighter, its cool to sometimes go part time work, or full time work. But do you honestly think people are gonna want to strictly play the game to switch their fighters between working, and getting kicked out of gyms? I put my fighters on full time work, when they have a fight coming, and need the rest. Big difference when you make a fighter, train, use all of his money, and now a month into the game, you have to set your fighter to work, because he can't train, has no contract, and can only make 100 bucks at quick fights. The other solution I see, is if you don't get a contract in the first few days, get into the quick fights and hopefully come out with a couple wins, then you will get signed over new guys with 0-0 records. Or else you will be spending more waiting, and you lose cardio when your working. Hell my best fighter went down from competent and I have no clue why...He trains every day, and is 3-0. I also see this as a problem that may come up for many people. And now with the diminishing fans change, that means less fights for all.

I'm a fight org owner, and half of my guys are working part time right now because they don't have the $$ to train full time. In fact, many of my fighters are contracted to OTHER fight orgs for a variety of reasons.

It's just a matter of personal integrity. Sure, some guys are going to try to bend the rules a bit to give themselves a leg up, but I would like to think that the vast majority would not.

Even if a fight org owner was lacking integrity, I think it would be stupid to try to pull stunts like that -- your managers would see right through it and why in hell would they want to re-sign with you? They would get word out on the forums and you would be sunk.

I firmly believe these situations will sort themselves out over time.

Yeah when I had my fight org all my guys were the lowest paid guys heh. If you are and VIP and don't own an org than you don't get any preferential treatment or get better contracts. Maybe you the VIP's work harder to make their fighters better and train properly because they paid for the service.

I think your dad should get the VIP to help support this awesome site that Mike has put together. The guy that has put his fighter against 3 injured fighters in a row isn't going to really help his fighter out, you need to fight good competition to get your fighters hype and popularity to increase. Also it's on the managers of those injured fighters to refuse fights if they are injured.

Not to mention that the guy going on his "fourth fight in three weeks" is not going to be a good fighter.

Your fighter does not get better by fighting, but through training and sparring.

If he is fighting all the time, there is no way he can be training in the interim.

Not to mention that the guy going on his "fourth fight in three weeks" is not going to be a good fighter.

Your fighter does not get better by fighting, but through training and sparring.

If he is fighting all the time, there is no way he can be training in the interim.

But with no fights and no contracts, he's going to be doing a lot less training, and like I said people want to fight, not go part time work. After 3-4 weeks of signing on the game, having no fights and no contracts will make the chances of a first timer not ever signing back on the game. I myself have patience, and am a big fan of the game.I also lucked out in some of my contracts, and get fights at a decent rate. I really could see people playing the game and not coming back because they have nothing really to do. Having patience while you train for a fight, and set your training up every day for 2 weeks is one thing, I sign on every day, check my energy,sparring schedule,give supps,read about events and fighters. Signing on a game every day and waiting for your guy to have enough money from working to afford a gym, is not much of a reason to want to play, while you see other people out there with 5-0 and 6-0 records.

I guess all I can say is to latch on to a fight org that you trust, and who understands what you want for your fighter.

I can't speak for all fight org owners, but I know it's just as important for me to have active managers who aren't going to flake out on me as it is to have good fighters -- so I go out of my way to [within reason] accommodate the managers who keep in contact with me.

The other day I came across a manager with VIP status. His 3 week old fighter is already waiting for his 4th fight. So the key to this game is to register as VIP, give all the best contracts to your own fighters and then match them against weaker fighters. If your fighter never gets hurt, just how many fights could he potentially get.

I would like to take this opportunity to note that as part of PRIDE's goal of being the most fair and impartial fight organization in MMATycoon, PRIDE does not have any owner-managed fighters in the organization. I put my fighters in Montreal, Las Vegas, Rio, etc. So when you sign with PRIDE you know the matchmaking will always be equal for everyone.

I'm a fight org owner, and half of my guys are working part time right now because they don't have the $$ to train full time. In fact, many of my fighters are contracted to OTHER fight orgs for a variety of reasons.

It's just a matter of personal integrity. Sure, some guys are going to try to bend the rules a bit to give themselves a leg up, but I would like to think that the vast majority would not.

Even if a fight org owner was lacking integrity, I think it would be stupid to try to pull stunts like that -- your managers would see right through it and why in hell would they want to re-sign with you? They would get word out on the forums and you would be sunk.

I firmly believe these situations will sort themselves out over time.

I have 2 fighters in St Pete and both of them fight in my org. I am also paying them less than my standard 0-0 fighter contract. I make it a goal to treat them no differently than any other fighter. I will match them up with fighters with comparable records and skill levels just like I try to do with every other fighter I have. And the only reason I created them and based them in St. Pete was because I needed fighters at the time. I am close to the point where I have enough fighters to sustain myself so as soon as their contracts are up, they are moving to a different org to avoid a conflict of iinterest.