• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 MiikeSnow

MiikeSnow

White Belt

• Manager
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

So I saw a lot of people are making money with avatars. I'm certainly not amazing with photoshop, but I can give it a go, so while I have some free time I've decided to make a bunch quickly (like I said, first ever attempt).

The only one I've used for myself is the very first still image. Some are pretty poorly cut, and I haven't mastered blending, not even sure if some of them will get accepted. Anyway, I'm open to offers from people. Maybe I'll even auction them if there's enough interest. Let me know what you think.

Tycoon_Paris.jpgbowen.jpg

twood.gif rpears.gif ogle.gif joub.gif

I can make posters/graphics too, and clothes. I've opened a shop myself (shameless advertising) so feel free to buy some stuff or request customs. http://www.mmatycoon...ic.php?cid=5052

sfgt1.jpgsfgt8.jpgsfgt2.jpgsfgt4.jpg

#2 UniConor

UniConor

Red Belt

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

Good work man! I love seeing the nervous first batch reveal from avatar designers, because you only get better and you can just see the confidence and progress elevating throughout the thread.

You'll get better my friend. 

That second still image I'll take for 50k?

giphy.gif

#3 catako

catako

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

They look great for the first couple. I know how sore were my designs when I first started. You will get better with time and that is certanly. I loved making avatars, now I'm to tired to even make my training for my fighters, let alone do avatars. Keep going, like i said they look great. ;)

000_ready.png

#4 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

If I may give a little tip, try to lower the opacity on the tattoo on the first one. It looks to much like a different layer. Usually, 60 to 80% works for me

15017318482-familia.jpg\

• Guests

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

Great start. Like Tim said, opactity is great for a more realistic style. But yeah, i'm sure youll get lots of buyers!

#6 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

I would pay 80k for the second one.

Great start man, far better than my first attempts.

#7 Ashbourne

Ashbourne

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

So I saw a lot of people are making money with avatars. I'm certainly not amazing with photoshop, but I can give it a go, so while I have some free time I've decided to make a bunch quickly (like I said, first ever attempt).

The only one I've used for myself is the very first still image. Some are pretty poorly cut, and I haven't mastered blending, not even sure if some of them will get accepted. Anyway, I'm open to offers from people. Maybe I'll even auction them if there's enough interest. Let me know what you think.

twood.gif  ogle.gif 

I can make posters/graphics too, and clothes. I've opened a shop myself (shameless advertising) so feel free to buy some stuff or request customs. http://www.mmatycoon...ic.php?cid=5052

sfgt1.jpgsfgt8.jpgsfgt2.jpgsfgt4.jpg

I'd pay 60k each for these two 120k total.

#8 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,184 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

See, you are not far from getting rich.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

#9 Ashbourne

Ashbourne

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

Can I do like a Shark Tank thing? If you pit me against other sharks then I'm out.

#10 MiikeSnow

MiikeSnow

White Belt

• Manager
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

Wow, a lot better reception than I anticipated. Thanks to the people providing advice, both on the forums and via PM.

They look great for the first couple. I know how sore were my designs when I first started. You will get better with time and that is certanly. I loved making avatars, now I'm to tired to even make my training for my fighters, let alone do avatars. Keep going, like i said they look great. ;)

Yeah, it's my first few days back in the game, I'm sure when I'm back at Uni in 3/4 weeks my keenness will die down, but I may as well take advantage of it for now ha.

I'd pay 60k each for these two 120k total.

Accepted

I would pay 80k for the second one.

Great start man, far better than my first attempts.

As in, you want to pay 80K for it, or that's the sort of price you'd pay for an avatar like that?

#11 Ashbourne

Ashbourne

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:42 PM

Does that mean I have bought those two avatars mate? I send them for approval and once approved I send you the 120k?

(my first time buying avatars)

#12 MiikeSnow

MiikeSnow

White Belt

• Manager
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

Does that mean I have bought those two avatars mate? I send them for approval and once approved I send you the 120k?

(my first time buying avatars)

Yep, they're yours to have.

And I assume that's how it works, first time selling, but from a look around the forums previously it seems that way.

#13 Ashbourne

Ashbourne

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

Awesome! Just sent for approval. No idea how long it takes but I'm on here every day so will send the money asap.

Oooohh this is exciting!

Thanks man and nice work.

#14 MiikeSnow

MiikeSnow

White Belt

• Manager
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

Few more before I'm off out (saturday night here). I'll log back in to check it all tomorrow

wrastle.jpgadam.gifasian2.jpg or asian1.gif

#15 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Wow, a lot better reception than I anticipated. Thanks to the people providing advice, both on the forums and via PM.

Yeah, it's my first few days back in the game, I'm sure when I'm back at Uni in 3/4 weeks my keenness will die down, but I may as well take advantage of it for now ha.

Accepted

As in, you want to pay 80K for it, or that's the sort of price you'd pay for an avatar like that?

Yeah,if it is ok for you, I would like to buy it for 80k.

#16 UniConor

UniConor

Red Belt

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

Since I already said I'd buy it 50k and Bjorn submitted a higher bid, I would like to buy it for 81k please

What can I say? I get a little bit Genghis Khan, dont want you to sell avatars to nobody else but me! Oooooh! Nobody else but meeeeee

giphy.gif

#17 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,184 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:33 AM

Auction it.both BJ and Unicon have shit ton of money.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

#18 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

Since I already said I'd buy it 50k and Bjorn submitted a higher bid, I would like to buy it for 81k please

What can I say? I get a little bit Genghis Khan, dont want you to sell avatars to nobody else but me! Oooooh! Nobody else but meeeeee

Oh sorry, I hadn't seen your bid. Since it wasn't an auction and you made a bid first, I guess it is yours.

#19 MiikeSnow

MiikeSnow

White Belt

• Manager
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

All yours. P.s nice reference

#20 Ashbourne

Ashbourne

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

Only got one accepted so far man. So I sent 60k first. 

Not sure what's happening to the other one it doesn't appear in the rejected avatars list either so maybe it's still pending on Mike's side?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avatar, design, graphic, poster, gif, photo, clothing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users