#43 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

Aight decisions have been made.

As for the rules:

1. PASSED - BONUS AND CAMP RIVALRIES INCENTIVES FOR HIGHER RANKED FIGHTERS.
2. PASSED - DOUBLE CHAMPS COST AND BENEFITS INCREASED
3. PASSED - PLAYERS CAN CUT AS MANY FIGHTERS AS THEY WANT WITH EXCEPTION OF IF A FIGHTER HAS JUST FOUGHT AND THEIR RANK MAY CHANGE. PLAYERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL RANKINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO DROP THEM.
4. PASSED - NO. OF WINS AND WIN % WILL BE MERGED INTO 1 SCORING CRITERIA.
52 FIGHTERS MAXIMUM CAN BE PURCHASED PER WEEK.
6. PASSED - REI IS IN. 

As for MasterLeader's friend, in danger of making the wrong decision, I will let him in the league as well... ON THESE CONDITIONS:
- If he does not post his 1st draft pick within the 12 hours he will be booted from the league.
- If he is inactive in this league for a whole month he will be booted from the league. (there is UFC events practically every weekend these days so no-one should really be inactive for that long).

I will update the rules and do a reshuffle of the draft now. Let's just move on with the decisions whether you like them or not (sorry if you don't).

Happy on the whole.

I was going to suggest the inactivity clauses for my friend - was so tempted to boot Humble & TCMN last year but everyone was against that decision so I didnt.

Excited for the draft now!

EDIT - Just seen I got first pick, dont know whether to be happy or sad, torn between 3 fighters and ill probably regret my selection.

Camp-League-2019-fighters-sharpened-jpg.

• Guests

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

New Draft order looks like this...

• MasterLeader
  • BigIsh
  • JLP
  • 1rstSaint
  • Rei
  • Gator001
  • Timqwe
  • aylib
  • FallenAngel
  • Gonzasco
  • Rory

Ahhh well lol

Expecting this to start tomorrow hopefully. If anyone wants to send me their first pick over pm they can do so - I’m last in the order so there is no worries of me taking your pick not that I would intend to anyway!

#45 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

Clear your inbox so that people can send you messages within the forum without going to MMATycoon Mail.

#46 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

Official rankings are out (mobile page not the desktop site).

Not too many movements - Volkanovski costs $50,000 and Yan $15,000 but the rest is pretty stable.

I know who Im signing having been thrown back and forth between 2 fighters, so without further ado, the fighter Im going to sign is......

Israel Adesanya for $25,000

Worth noting that the desktop site has womens flyweight rankings, while mobile site does not. I assume well use them rather than not?

• Guests

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

1. MasterLeader     -           Israel Adesanya 25K
  2. BigIsh                -           
  3. JLP
  4. 1rstSaint
  5. Rei
  6. Gator001
  7. Timqwe
  8. aylib
  9. FallenAngel
  10. Gonzasco
  11. Rory
  12. Rory
  13. Gonzasco
  14. FallenAngel
  15. aylib
  16. Timqwe
  17. Gator001
  18. Rei
  19. 1rstSaint
  20. JLP
  21. BigIsh
  22. MasterLeader
  23. MasterLeader
  24. BigIsh
  25. JLP
  26. 1rstSaint
  27. Rei
  28. Gator001
  29. Timqwe
  30. aylib
  31. FallenAngel
  32. Gonzasco
  33. Rory
  34. Rory
  35. Gonzasco
  36. FallenAngel
  37. aylib
  38. Timqwe
  39. Gator001
  40. Rei
  41. 1rstSaint
  42. JLP
  43. BigIsh
  44. MasterLeader

#48 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

#49 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:14 AM

Apologies if I jumped the gun.

Just messaged Big Ish and bizarrely hes awake at 4am like myself.

Hes torn between two but likely to post shortly.

#50 BigIsh

BigIsh

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

• MasterLeader     -  Israel Adesanya 25K
  • BigIsh          - TJ Dillashaw 100k
  • JLP -
  • 1rstSaint
  • Rei
  • Gator001
  • Timqwe
  • aylib
  • FallenAngel
  • Gonzasco
  • Rory
  • Rory
  • Gonzasco
  • FallenAngel
  • aylib
  • Timqwe
  • Gator001
  • Rei
  • 1rstSaint
  • JLP
  • BigIsh
  • MasterLeader
  • MasterLeader
  • BigIsh
  • JLP
  • 1rstSaint
  • Rei
  • Gator001
  • Timqwe
  • aylib
  • FallenAngel
  • Gonzasco
  • Rory
  • Rory
  • Gonzasco
  • FallenAngel
  • aylib
  • Timqwe
  • Gator001
  • Rei
  • 1rstSaint
  • JLP
  • BigIsh
  • MasterLeader

• Guests

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:18 AM

Ahhhh......

No offence MasterLeader (and BigIsh) but I am going to remove BigIsh from the game.

Myself (since an hour or two ago) and others who messaged me about this in the last couple days in game, are suspicious that you two might be a multi. Of course you may not be and probably are not a multi but for the sake of the game, MasterLeader and those involved I think I have to remove him just to be on the safe side.

Apologies if me and the others are wrong in this suspicion, you can never be sure with online shit can ya... and I'm sure MasterLeader is better than that, but not sure enough to keep BigIsh around. Virtually no-one who joins after a couple days gets to be involved in anything as well so perhaps I was feeling a bit too generous before lol

• Guests

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:20 AM

1. MasterLeader     -           Israel Adesanya      25K
  2. JLP                     - 
  3. 1rstSaint
  4. Rei
  5. Gator001
  6. Timqwe
  7. aylib
  8. FallenAngel
  9. Gonzasco
  10. Rory
  11. Rory
  12. Gonzasco
  13. FallenAngel
  14. aylib
  15. Timqwe
  16. Gator001
  17. Rei
  18. 1rstSaint
  19. JLP
  20. MasterLeader
  21. MasterLeader
  22. JLP
  23. 1rstSaint
  24. Rei
  25. Gator001
  26. Timqwe
  27. aylib
  28. FallenAngel
  29. Gonzasco
  30. Rory
  31. Rory
  32. Gonzasco
  33. FallenAngel
  34. aylib
  35. Timqwe
  36. Gator001
  37. Rei
  38. 1rstSaint
  39. JLP
  40. MasterLeader

#53 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:03 AM

Ahhhh......

No offence MasterLeader (and BigIsh) but I am going to remove BigIsh from the game.

Myself (since an hour or two ago) and others who messaged me about this in the last couple days in game, are suspicious that you two might be a multi. Of course you may not be and probably are not a multi but for the sake of the game, MasterLeader and those involved I think I have to remove him just to be on the safe side.

Apologies if me and the others are wrong in this suspicion, you can never be sure with online shit can ya... and I'm sure MasterLeader is better than that, but not sure enough to keep BigIsh around. Virtually no-one who joins after a couple days gets to be involved in anything as well so perhaps I was feeling a bit too generous before lol

I thought you mightve thought that given we were both online at 4am and he just joined a few days ago with no history.

However what incentive do I have to create a multi? Hard enough to run one camp let alone two (although I guess I could do dodgy trades for my own benefit (e.g. Dillashaw for $10,000 or something dumb). Let the poor guy join - if you need evidence I can send you Whatsapp chat history Ive had with the guy or anything else as necessary. Really not fair to do this to him especially given hes put a lot of time into learning the rules and making sure he makes reasoned selections.

Funny because when I was like 17 I did actually create a multi in a game called UFC Pickem Championship on a different forum (cant remember why, think its because I didnt have an opponent and was so keen to play because there was an odd number of participants ) and made up some far fetched story about how it was my dad who joined hence sharing the same IP - I can assure you we havent shared the same IP at all if thats any evidence, setting up a VPN on one device would be a pain in the arse, but still I dont see any incentive for me to run two accounts. Maybe ban us from trading?

• Guests

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

I thought you mightve thought that given we were both online at 4am and he just joined a few days ago with no history.

However what incentive do I have to create a multi? Hard enough to run one camp let alone two (although I guess I could do dodgy trades for my own benefit (e.g. Dillashaw for $10,000 or something dumb). Let the poor guy join - if you need evidence I can send you Whatsapp chat history Ive had with the guy or anything else as necessary. Really not fair to do this to him especially given hes put a lot of time into learning the rules and making sure he makes reasoned selections.

Funny because when I was like 17 I did actually create a multi in a game called UFC Pickem Championship on a different forum (cant remember why, think its because I didnt have an opponent and was so keen to play because there was an odd number of participants ) and made up some far fetched story about how it was my dad who joined hence sharing the same IP - I can assure you we havent shared the same IP at all if thats any evidence, setting up a VPN on one device would be a pain in the arse, but still I dont see any incentive for me to run two accounts. Maybe ban us from trading?

I'm sorry it is what it is. I've had pm's from people suspicious and not keen on it. Alarm bells rang for me this morning and although you are quite possibly innocent with this, I'm just gonna standby the decision. Apologize to you pal for me lol. Not the end of the world, its just a game.

It was already a tough decision for me to be in charge of this years league due to the amount of work involved and its additional worries like this that will make it even more of a ball ache so I'm gonna stick with the decision to remove him. Better to please the majority in this case. Again I am sorry and let's just move on por favor.

#55 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:45 AM

Ive also just PMd you with potential evidence that what would be impossible to falsify. So based on that, youre now just removing a legit guy from the game because of suspicions, despite knowing he exists, now just undermining my integrity to extreme lengths despite all Ive contributed to this game.

Theres also zero financial benefit in winning this thing in case you havent noticed. So all youve done is created a drama out of nothing on what is supposed to be a fun forum hobby.

• Guests

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:16 AM

Ive also just PMd you with potential evidence that what would be impossible to falsify. So based on that, youre now just removing a legit guy from the game because of suspicions, despite knowing he exists, now just undermining my integrity to extreme lengths despite all Ive contributed to this game.

Theres also zero financial benefit in winning this thing in case you havent noticed. So all youve done is created a drama out of nothing on what is supposed to be a fun forum hobby.

Mate, I really do not care for arguing, drama or anything like that. It simply goes like this: People have PM'd me that not only were they suspicious you two COULD be multi's, but that he was so new in the game. I have been turned away from tournaments back in the day when I was new as well, I got over it fast.

I appreciate that you ran the last league, but if it wasn't for me this game wouldn't be here in the first place. I am not trying to undermine your integrity either, doesn't really help when you say stuff like this though lol

Funny because when I was like 17 I did actually create a multi in a game called UFC Pickem Championship on a different forum....

Anyway, I'm sure your pal will be fine. Can we just move on with us 10 and not start 2019 with an online argument.

#57 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

I get that we could be multis but since your discussions Ive PMd you with two important pieces of information:

1) What incentive do I have to create a multi? And if its trade related then you could ban that element due to familiarity threat

2) I can prove he isnt a multi

I personally dont think he cares enough about being part of this game, but just find it incredibly disrespectful that youd think this in the first place and then when I go to extreme lengths to prove his innocence you still find me guilty.

Wouldve been far more appropriate to private message me seeking evidence that he wasnt a multi and we couldve come to a reasonable conclusion, rather than attempt to publically humiliate me in what is a fun forum hobby game with zero financial reward.

#58 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

Anyway, I'm sure your pal will be fine. Can we just move on with us 10 and not start 2019 with an online argument.

Were going to have to agree to disagree here because it doesnt seem Im changing your mind even if I got my friend to your door in Scotland.

It annoys me that anyone would doubt my integrity and I hope the above discussion has made them change their opinion of me. Ive always attempted to do things fairly and not jeopardise the interest of others (e.g. the painful process I went through to assemble a legitimate draft order last season) and I guess your decision is based on this theory.

Lets just continue with the draft as 10 participants - JLPs turn next.

What does everyone think of my Adesanya selection? The alternative option was far riskier, but with greater potential reward and im sure they will be picked in the first round.

#59 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

Adesanya is an excellent #1 pick, good call

#60 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Adesanya is an excellent #1 pick, good call

Thanks - Ill tell you why there was another pick which could quite easily be better once someone picks them.

My historical first round picks:

2017 - Yoel Romero [i was near the end so it was the best at the time, however proved to be a bad pick due to losing to Whittaker and being ineligible for the belt due to weight issues]
2018 - Kelvin Gastelum [he was 1 fight from a title shot as predicted this time last year, beat Jacare however delays meant he only ever fought once and never got the title shot in 2018]
2019 - Israel Adesanya [first pick for once - should be safe (for both activity & bonuses) but still relatively unproven]

All 185lbers

2017 I finished 3rd

2018 I finished 2nd

2019 Im coming for that belt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users