Rico Verhoeven vs Badr Hari

bjornmma1

I think Rico would even beat prime Badr. Don't think with how emotional Badr can get, he matches up well with Rico's methodical style.

Nah, Badr in his prime was the man, i think his fights with Reem, Shilt and some of the others were some of the best in the late K-1 era.

In general though, stand up fighting has really gone down the hill these days, Glory has kind of somewhat revived it and i hope the PPV does well, but if you compare the talent today, in particular in the HW division, it is nothing. I remember 10-15 years ago when you had legends such as Sefo, Overeem, Shilt, Aerts, Bonyaski, Leko, Cro Cop, Le Banner, Hoost, i mean the list goes on. Today we only really have Rico fighting at a high level, the rest are VERY average.

Nah, Badr in his prime was the man, i think his fights with Reem, Shilt and some of the others were some of the best in the late K-1 era.

In general though, stand up fighting has really gone down the hill these days, Glory has kind of somewhat revived it and i hope the PPV does well, but if you compare the talent today, in particular in the HW division, it is nothing. I remember 10-15 years ago when you had legends such as Sefo, Overeem, Shilt, Aerts, Bonyaski, Leko, Cro Cop, Le Banner, Hoost, i mean the list goes on. Today we only really have Rico fighting at a high level, the rest are VERY average.

Late K-1 era was pretty mediocre too even if some fights were good, Aerts still being able to compete well beyond his prime was evidence enough of that IMO.

Right now I think Glory is building pretty well; the best Kickboxing has been in 10+ years.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I'm not a fan of Badr much, I think he is a beast and I got him to win this fight. He is only 31 still and has only 1'legit defeat since 2009.

Badr has one big advantage and that is his natural Ko power. Everything else is in favor of Rico. He is faster,more technical, better cardio,...

Have you ever see Rico in real life? The guy is huge! He is massive, even for HW.

Badr has one big advantage and that is his natural Ko power. Everything else is in favor of Rico. He is faster,more technical, better cardio,...

Have you ever see Rico in real life? The guy is huge! He is massive, even for HW.

I think the old Badr is actually more athletic than Rico. At least faster. Rico has one of the best gastanks for heavyweights ever though.

I think you're getting overall athleticism confused with speed. Even at his peak Hari had an underwhelming gas tank and could get bulled around a bit.

Usually, people don't really count cardio along with athleticism though. It seems to focus more on pure speed, power and fast twitch muscle reaction. The only time I can recall Hari getting bullied is against Reem, and he was basically trying to fight a mma fight.

Usually, people don't really count cardio along with athleticism though. It seems to focus more on pure speed, power and fast twitch muscle reaction. The only time I can recall Hari getting bullied is against Reem, and he was basically trying to fight a mma fight.

Verhoeven is faster, has better cardio, is smarter and stronger. Badr has no chance against him apart from a puncher's chance. Rico is at a far higher level of kickboxing than Badr at the moment and probably than Badr ever was.

Verhoeven is faster, has better cardio, is smarter and stronger. Badr has no chance against him apart from a puncher's chance. Rico is at a far higher level of kickboxing than Badr at the moment and probably than Badr ever was.

I think Rico beats both prime and current Badr, but I think prime Badr has a speed advantage and is about equal strength wise. Current Badr, who knows, but he probably declined a fair bit in both