Barbarian Fight Club - Official Smack Talk Thread

Barbarian Fight Club is proud to present BFC: 5 The Burst, coming to you live from Hayashi’s Lounge in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. As always are merchandise partner Mango Nutrition will be there and in full effect with booths located in and around the arena. Ten action packed bout will be on our agenda including a massive Welterweight fight. Welterweight tournament time is right around the corner and Clare versus Congo could set Congo up for an entry, or it could push him down the ranks and out of the tournament.

Preliminary Bout Number One- Middleweight Fight

Ronaldo “Abacaxi” Oliveira (2-4) {1-1} versus Julian Asangh (0-3) {0-2}

Oliveira was on a four fight losing streak until Barbarian Weekend Day 2 where he was able to edge out a split decision win over Asangh. I personally have no idea what fight Mauricio Rocha was watching because I had Oliveira winning that fight. Even though Oliveira won the decision I would not suggest much of the same in this fight. He needs to prove that he was the clear cut winner and I have no idea how he should approach it. Asangh is a in my opinion just a better fighter, even though his zero and three record does not state that. The reason Julian Asangh lost the split decision in my thoughts was simply aggression. If Asangh turns up the heat, and shows Oliveira that he is a much better boxer this could be a short night for Oliveira. I don’t see that happening though and I will predict Oliveira winning by submission in the second round.

Preliminary Bout Number Two- Super Heavyweight Fight

Fuji “Kamehameha” Taro (0-0-1) {0-0-0} versus Kamekona “The Shrimp Truck” Tupuola (0-2) {0-2}

Taro’s only fight ended in a majority draw and that is always unsettling. In this bout Taro is going to want to get a little more aggressive because he is outmatched in my opinion. Even though he is outmatched his opponent has been submitted and knocked out so maybe if Taro gets aggressive and puts forth a little more heart he can take this fight home. Tupuola is a better wrestler and Jiu Jitsu fighter than Taro and his objective is easy to see. Objective number one, do not get kicked in the head. Objective number two get this fight to the ground. Objective number three slap on a submission and turn your career around. Seems like an easy game plan, now he just needs to execute. I believe “The Shrimp Truck” will execute and I have him winning in the first round by submission.

Preliminary Bout Number Three- Middleweight Fight

Leonardro “The Anaconda” Souza (0-0) {0-0} versus Paul “Gorilla” Silva (0-1) {0-0}

Souza is sort of a jack of all trades, but his strength is in Muay Thai. Even though he was competed in BJJ tournaments his strength is mainly in his striking. In this fight he will need to rely more on that ground training though. With some wrestling abilities and a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu he will have an advantage in the grappling in this fight. Silva is superb boxer and will be looking to knock Souza’s head clean off. In his only fight Silva was not able to show off his skills as he was taken down and submitted in the first round. Silva will need to show a big improvement on his take down defense if he wants to win this fight. I am going to pick Souza to win this fight by submission in the first round though.

Preliminary Bout Number Four- Middleweight Fight

Trevor Brand (0-0) {0-0} versus Aviya Sherman (0-0) {0-0}

Two eighteen year old fighters both of which are making their professional debuts in this bout. Brand is a mediocre boxer with some Muay Thai back round as well. Clearly he is going to want to strike in this bout but I don’t see his opponent allowing that. Brand will need to stuff takedowns and strike when he can to get his hand raised at the end of this one. Sherman has never competed in a professional MMA bout, but he did go one and one in the TWGC at 185lbs. The brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu will be looking to take Brand down and make him submit early, as he clearly will not want to get submitted. It is your classic striker versus grappler in this one, and I am going to pick the grappler to win by submission in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number Five- Super Heavyweight Fight

Enzo Tabare “Yoru” Ortiz Silva (2-0) {1-0} versus Thor “The Titan” Guerrero (0-0) {0-0}

The last time we seen Ortiz Silva he was delivering a beautiful head kick knock out to Kamekona Tupuola at Barbarian Weekend Day 2. The Super Heavyweight overwhelmed his opponent with strikes and it quickly lead to a knockout. Ortiz Silva will be looking to do much of the same against Guerrero in this bout. Thor Guerrero will be looking to avoid the strikes in the standup position, and he will do this by relaying on his wrestling to rip his opponent to the ground. From there Guerrero will be looking for the submission so in his debut he can show the world why he has a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt. I will predict Guerrero will get the takedown and submission in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number One- Lightweight Fight

Van “Beast” Damme (2-1) {1-0} versus Alejandro “Latino” Martinez (1-2) {0-2}

Well it would appear that this fight is going to decision. Damme has gone to decision for both of his wins and Martinez has gone to decision in all three of his fights. Damme is proficient in Muay Thai and has a little ground experience working in wrestling and holding a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu blue belt. Obviously he will want to keep this fight standing though so look for a lot of kicks and jabs from Damme. The reason he will want to stay standing is because of Martinez’s wonderful wrestling. Martinez does have some boxing skill but should not try to strike with Damme, instead he should look for takedowns and either ground and pound or lay and pray for a decision victory. I see Martinez getting the win obviously by decision in what will hopefully turn out to be a great fight between these two masters of the decision.

Main Card Bout Number Two- Lightweight Fight

Antonio “The Alligator” Gracie (1-0) {0-0} versus Jose Pablo “Cactus” Joaquin (1-0) {0-0}

Gracie may have bitten off more than he can chew when he accepted this fight. He will be outmatched striking in this bout and his wrestling and Jiu Jitsu is about the same level as his opponent. Being a legit Gracie though could not hurt you, if he loses he could just complain and make threats until the decision is overturned. In all seriousness though even though these to seem evenly matched on the ground, Gracie just needs to do his Gracie thing and get real aggressive with submissions to win this fight. “Cactus” has a huge advantage standing up and should look to keep it in that position. Leg kicks to slow down the takedown attempts and double under hooks when he gets shot on. If he can keep the fight standing he needs to use knees in the clinch and head kicks from distance and try to knockout Gracie quickly. I am going to predict The Steel Penn product to get the win by submission, Gracie in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number Three- Middleweight Fight

Enrique “Torpedo” Moura (1-0) {0-0} versus Anderson “The Spider” Silva (0-1) {0-0}

Moura is a clear cut grappler and that is about all he has to offer in a fight. He is a mediocre wrestler and he holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, so obviously he will want the fight to go to the ground. In his only fight Moura was seven of fifteen in the takedown department, but did not attempt a single submission, and he was not very active on the ground with strikes. All those takedowns did lead him into a unanimous decision win over his opponent but he will need to do more than lay and pray in this one. Silva is a a respectable Muay Thai striker and will have an advantage while the two are standing up. To complement his Muay Thai he holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and should do just fine on the ground. Silva attempted a lot of unsuccessful takedowns in his last fight which had him winded early, and I expect much of the same. Since Moura has no will to finish I see this fight going to decision and the winner will be Enrique Moura.

Main Card Bout Number Four- Lightweight Fight

Dercy “The Mummy” Goncalves (1-0) {0-0} versus Sponge Bones (1-0) {0-0}

Dercy is a mediocre boxer and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Dercy should be happy to exchange as he tries not to get taken down by the far better wrestler. Goncalves can win this fight standing up and he should look to do so, even though these fighters are evenly matched in BJJ Bones is the better wrestler. Wrestling is exactly where Bones needs to attack this opponent. Even if Bones cannot get a submission victory do to them both holding purple belts, takedown after takedown will score you some points as well as avoid some good striking. I am going to pick Bones to win this fight by submission in the second round.

Main Event, Main Card Bout Number Five- Welterweight Fight

Dustin “Gannicus” Clare (5-0) {2-0} versus Chiamaka “Vuvuzela” Congo (7-0) {1-0}

I am so excited about this fight and so should everyone else. This is the two top Welterweights in the BFC going head to head. Clare is a submission fighter holding a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as well as being a very respectable wrestler. He has won submission of the night awards in both of his fights in BFC including his second round submission of the TWGC champion Jared Gracie. Clearly Clare will want to get this fight to the ground and look for a submission. On to Congo, it should not be a secret I am a huge Congo fan. I was in Helsinki when he won his first fight in a MMA organization. I love Congo’s strong clinch, and once get gets his opponents into that clinch its usually lights out. Congo is a wonderful boxer and respectable wrestler, and he knows how to put the two together. He will be looking to stuff any takedown attempt by Clare and maintain his one hundred percent takedown defense. Once he stuffs the first one look for Congo to grab Clare in a clinch and immediately start testing the chin. These are two great warriors and one of them has to taste defeat for the first time, and I think Clare will be the one with the bad taste in his mouth after this one. I am going to pick Congo to shock the BFC and knockout Clare from the clinch in the first round.

The main event is worth the ticket price on this card, and should now be considered the biggest fight in BFC’s short history. I am very excited about this event and personally I can’t wait for the 25th of January. As always this has been Tony Rossi with another BFC preview. I want to thank everyone for reading this and if you agree, disagree, or just want to give us your opinion please drop us a line on the Barbarian Fight Club Smack Talk Thread.

This article is owned by the BFC and may not be reused or reproduced without written expressed consent from Barbarian Fight Club.

Going to quote you again on that. You're a genius at this my man, 10/10 tonight.

Barbarian Fight Club will continue its ways of having big main events for its Fight Time events. At Barbarian Fight Time 3 there will be a huge Welterweight main event. Andokuhle Congo will be taking on the TWGC Champion Jared Gracie. Mango Nutrition will be presenting the event once again and it will be live at The Underground in Rio de Janeiro. Mango Nutrition will have booths located in and around the venue for any of your nutritional needs, and we hope are fighters here at BFC uses the fine supplements at Mango Nutrition.

Preliminary Bout Number One- Heavyweight Fight

Patrick “It’s paddy’s Day” Mc GInnley (1-0) {0-0} versus Yoko “Jelly” Zuna (1-0) {0-0}

Patrick is a boxer and wrestler that will be looking to stand in the pocket and throw punches. In his only fight Mc GInnley was taken down early but was able to control until there was a referee stand up. He also did a pretty good job of stuffing the other attempts at a takedown. Patrick then laid out his opponent with punches that landed at one hundred percent succession. He will be looking to do more of the same against “Jelly” in this one. Yoko Zuna is also is undefeated, but he won his fight in a different manner. The remarkable wrestler was able to takedown his opposition and pound them out from the ground. Obviously Zuna will be looking to get this fight to the ground, and with his far better skills in wrestling he just may do that. I am going to pick Zuna to win this fight after scoring a takedown. I see him knocking out or TKO’ing Patrick in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number Two- Super Heavyweight Fight

Sa “Coracao De Leao” Pinto (1-0) {0-0} versus Roy “Sir Knockalot.” Bane (1-1) {1-0}

Pinto won a very close decision in his only previous fight. Pinto is a respectable Muay Thai striker but he is happy to fight from anywhere. At range seemed to be his only bad spot in his fight, but that did not stop him from throwing strikes there. He was very active on the ground and in the clinch as well. Pinto will want to stay away from the ranged striking in this one, and I will be suggesting the clinch. Bane looked great in his last fight. He was taken down but he was able to improve his postion all the way to taking his opponents back. From there he made a spectacular transition into an armbar to pick up the submission victory. Bane also looked really good in his first fight, and he was clearly winning the fight when it was stopped do to a cut on Bane. Bane is going to want to stay away from the clinch and use his boxing to mix up body and head punches. I see Bane winning this fight by knockout in the second round, unless he gets cut again.

Preliminary Bout Number Three- Welterweight Fight

Pedro “The Magician” Marcelo (0-0) {0-0} versus Rodrigo “Brazilian Sensation” Ribeiro (1-2) {0-2}

Pedro will be making his professional debut in this bout, and what better way to make a statement in Brazil than to take on the “Brazilian Sensation”. “The Magician” should be working his magic, mixing up his punches and kicks. Marcelo has the better striking in this fight, and should look to keep the fight standing at all costs. The eighteen year old Ribeiro has been TKO’ed in both of his bouts in Barbarian Fight Club. I foresee much of the same for him in the future. Ribeiro is young and most of his skills are widely spread out. In this fight he is outmatched by the older opponent at almost everything. I think his only chance of survival in this one would be to get the fight to the ground where his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is on par with Marcelo. This is not a tuff fight for me to pick, as I have Marcelo winning by TKO in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number Four- Light Heavyweight Fight

Abraham “Radioactive” Kurse (1-1) {1-0} versus Manuel “Matador” Fernandes (1-0) {0-0}

Kurse won his first fight in Barbarian Fight Club with a twenty five second submission over his opponent. Some stats from the fight would include Kurse takedowns one, attempted takedowns one, submissions one, and submission attempts one. That is pretty impressive even for a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It may appear that Fernandez is out matched in this one, but the purple belt did win his only fight with a submission off of his back. Now Fernandez will not want to just hang out in guard, but as long as he defends submissions well and stays active on the ground this will become a very interesting grappling match. The obvious choice in the fight is Kurse, but Fernandes does have the ability to upset the favored Kurse. I am going to pick Kurse to win by submission, but I think Fernandes and make this fight last at least until the second round.

Preliminary Bout Number Five- Welterweight Fight

Janusz “Rzepa” Wiesiek (1-0) {0-0} versus Ranato Fernandez (2-0) {2-0}

Wiesiek is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and will be looking to take this fight to the ground. He does not have much of a wrestling back round as we seen in his first fight. All of his takedown attempts where stuffed by his opponent, but he did get taken down himself. From the ground Wiesiek was dangerous and aggressive, eventually taking his opponents back and submitting him in the second round. Fernandez is a wrestler and boxer who likes to strike standing up, but he has gone to the ground in both of his previous fights. There is no way he will want to take down Wiesiek, since he is such a better striker. He is going to want to keep the fight standing to force Fernandez to the inside for a takedown attempt. Once on the inside he will want to lay his heavy hands upon Wiesiek’s face and look for his third win in a row. I am going to pick Ranato Fernandez to win this fight in the first round by knockout.

Main Card Bout Number One- Middleweight Bout

Ademilson “Pedra” Silveira (1-0) {0-0} versus Jerome “Machine” Lebanner (1-1) {1-1}

It was strange to go back and watch Silveira’s fight on tape. The book on his is that he is a great striker with a boxing and Muay Thai back round. I had seen none of this in his last fight as he continually took his opponent down and went for submission after submission until he finally got one in the second round. I am not sure he will be able to take down Lebanner who is the stronger wrestler so we might get to see this striking that I have heard so much about. Lebanner is also a striker with wonderful Muay Thai skills. If Silveira decides to exchange Lebanner will be happy to do so. Lebanner will throw head kicks from range and he loves to clinch but I think he should worry about the clinch in this one. He will not want to get pulled into guard. I am going to pick Lebanner to win with a head kick knockout in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number Two- Heavyweight Fight

Brandon “The White Tiger” Loveladdy (2-0) {0-0} versus Matheus “Mixxer” Souza (0-0) {0-0}

Loveladdy is a wonderful boxer who likes to take care of his opponents nice and early. Three minutes and eight seconds is all the time Brandon has spent in the ring in a two fights. “The White Tiger” walks into the cage punches you in the face and then goes home. That seems to be his basic strategy and I feel if it is working for him don’t try and change it. Souza is a respectable Muay Thai striker who will be making his fighting debut. If I was Souza I would want to throw some head kicks and then maybe see what Loveladdy can do from the clinch. Throw some elbows at him as well, since the word on the street is Loveladdy cuts easily. Once somebody gets busted open all bets are off and I think that might be the only way to slow down Brandon Loveladdy. It is a tuff fight to call, but I am going to pick Loveladdy to win in the first round by way of knockout.

Main Card Bout Number Three- Lightweight Fight

Rafael Silva (2-1) {0-0} versus Miguel “Sabia” Loureiro (1-0) {0-0}

Both of these fighters will be making their debut in Barbarian Fight Club, and it will be that classic striker versus grappler. Silva is the grappler as he is a competent wrestler and he holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He will want to shoot the double immediately to score the all-important takedown. In his previous fights he has yet to have a successful takedown and I know when he gets the first it will be huge. Once Silva is on the ground he is a monster, great at improving position and slapping on a submission hold. Loureiro will obviously want to try and stop the takedown and he is not bad at it. He was taken down two times out of twenty five attempts in his only fight to date. Even though he is a boxer and Muay Thai striker he seemed that he did not want to instigate the action in his last fight. If he wants to win his debut he will need to get a lot more aggressive. I think Silva is going to win this fight by submission in the second round.

Co-Main Event, Main Card Bout Number Four- Welterweight Fight

Andokuhle “Pumba” Congo (2-0) {1-0} versus Jared Gracie (5-1) {0-1}

Congo has absolutely destroyed his only two opponents. He has a very strong clinch and loves to strike from the inside. He possess a devastating uppercut that has ravished his opponents in both fights. With that being said this is clearly Congo’s biggest challenge. Even though he loves to clinch he may want to stay to the outside and try to box with Gracie. Gracie is coming off his first loss, and will be looking to jump back on the winning horse’s back. Gracie was submitted by Dustin Clare in his last fight, but he should not be worried about getting submitted in this one. He will want to take Congo down, or even pull guard if he can. On the ground this is Gracie’s fight, but standing up I don’t think he can win. It is a very difficult fight to pick, but I think Congo will win the fight by knockout in the first round. Remember though if Gracie gets him to the ground expect Congo to tap out with in ten seconds of hitting the mat.

Main Event, Main Card Bout Number Five- Light Heavyweight Fight

Daeron "Killer" Inglorion (3-0) {2-0} versus Sheldon "The Doctor" Cooper (3-0) {3-0}

Very interesting main event fight with this bout. Both of these fighters have brown belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and they are both wrestlers. Obviously this will be a difficult fight to break down as both fighters will be looking for the takedown. Once on the mat they will both be looking for a submission as well. Inglorion has three wins but only one by submission, as his first two wins came via decision. For Cooper all three of his wins have been by submission and they all have come in the first round. Clearly Cooper is the more aggressive fighter and that could work for him or against him. If he becomes too aggressive Inglorion could counter into a submission of his own. Then again the aggressiveness of Cooper could end up just getting a quick submission. I am going to toss a coin and it ends up tails, so I am going to go with Cooper to win via submission in the first round.

That will wrap up this event preview. As always Mango Nutrition will be our merchandise partner so please pick up all of your supplement needs from Mango. This preview is owned by Barbarian Fight Club and it may not be reused or reproduced without written expressed consent from the BFC.

Barbarian Tournaments

We are starting our tournaments to decide who will be the first champion of each division.

How will work these tournaments?

This is a four men tournament, doing the main event and co-main event in the same day, winner pick the winner for the title.

Since this game work in the "hype" mechanics, the fights will happen between the #1 and #2 in main event and #3 vs #4 in co-main event.

Exceptions can be made to avoid insta-rematch.

Who will fight in the tournament?

We decided a date based in the division fights to tell which fighters will be fighting in the tournament to call the best four fighters in the division.

To be fair with our fighters who is working hard for the opportunity in Barbarian Fight Club for long time, we are going to accept only fighters with 2 or more fights in Barbarian Fight Club.

What about the other fighters in the division?

The other fighters will keep fighting and improving his skills and ranking, after this tournament we will be working in the top contenders/hype pop to decide who will be getting the title fight.

Barbarian Tournament Order

• Barbarian Tournament 155lbs - February 15th

First tournament will be in the 155lbs and will have the #1 Zachary "Zap Zap" White (236944) facing the #2 Pepe "Warner" Lepew (235627).

The #3 Sponge Bones, #4 Rafael Silva and #6 Jeremy Dundy dont have 2 fights in Barbarian FC.

We are picking #5 Genki Sudo (238256) vs #7 Kores "Mibon" Sierra (233824) for the co-main event and the last two spots in the tournament.

• Barbarian Tournament 205lbs - February 19th

Second tournament will be in the 205lbs. We are going to announce the fighters in January 29th.

• Barbarian Tournament 170lbs - February 22th

Third tournament will be in the 170lbs division. The fighters in this tournament will be announced in February 1th.

• Barbarian Tournament 265lbs - February 26th

Our last tournament for now will be in the 265lbs. The anouncement will be in February 8th.

Good luck for the fighters and hope you all have a nice time.

Barbarian Tournaments

We are starting our tournaments to decide who will be the first champion of each division.

This is a four men tournament, doing the main event and co-main event in the same day, winner pick the winner for the title.

Since this game work in the "hype" mechanics, the fights will happen between the #1 and #2 in main event and #3 vs #4 in co-main event.

We decided a date based in the division fights to tell which fighters will be fighting in the tournament to call the best four fighters in the division.

To be fair with our fighters who is working hard for the opportunity in Barbarian Fight Club for long time, we are going to accept only fighters with 2 or more fights in Barbarian Fight Club.

The other fighters will keep fighting and improving his skills and ranking, after this tournament we will be working in the top contenders/hype pop to decide who will be getting the title fight.

First tournament will be in the 155lbs and will have the #1 Zachary "Zap Zap" White (236944) facing the #2 Pepe "Warner" Lepew (235627).

The #3 Sponge Bones, #4 Rafael Silva and #6 Jeremy Dundy dont have 2 fights in Barbarian FC.

We are picking #5 Genki Sudo (238256) vs #7 Kores "Mibon" Sierra (233824) for the co-main event and the last two spots in the tournament.

Second tournament will be in the 205lbs. We are going to announce the fighters in January 29th.

Third tournament will be in the 170lbs division. The fighters in this tournament will be announced in February 1th.

Our last tournament for now will be in the 265lbs. The anouncement will be in February 8th.

Wow big news here. Good luck to all of the competitors!

Dang, most of my guys only have 1 fight, so I won't be qualified but I'll definitely be keeping close eye on the 205 and 265 tournaments.

Not being qualified could be an advantage. While the tournements going on you could pick up a win or two and bam the next thing you know you are in line for the title shot.

Live on February 1st from Hard Knocks in Rio de Janeiro Brazil Barbarian Fight Club presents Barbarian FC 6. As always MANGO Nutrition will be the merchandise partner for the event, and they will have booths located in and around the Hard Knocks for any of your nutritional needs. Let’s dive on into the fights and see what is going down at the first Barbarian Fight Club event in February.

Preliminary Bout Number 1-Heavyweight Fight

Jack "Foo" Dutra (0-1) {0-0} versus Varus "Hanniball" Gracie (0-2) {0-1}

Dutra is a boxer and will want to obviously keep this fight standing. He showed off his skills in his first fight striking at a distance and looking great in the clinch. He was pulled to the ground and submitted in the second round, but Dutra was winning the fight up to that point. Even though he showed his stand up skills he also proved that he has no ground game at all. That might be music to his opponent’s ears as Gracie is a wrestler. He wants to take the fight to the ground and get on top so he can rain down punches. If he can get Dutra to the floor this fight should end quickly. I am going to pick Dutra to get his first win in this one though, with a third round TKO.

Preliminary Bout Number 2- Bantamweight Fight

Brahma "Heineken" Cervejinha (0-1) {0-0} versus Miralles "El Diablo" Cezar (0-3) {0-1}

Both of these fighters will be looking to get their first win. Also these two have similar fighting styles so it will either be a great fight or a dud. I am hoping for a great fight, but these two have combine for four losses and zero wins. Every one of those combined losses these two where finished. Normally I would pick the more experienced fighter when I am looking at something so close, but the voice in my head is screaming to pick Brahma. So that is exactly what I am going to do. I think Brahma wins by TKO in the second round.

Preliminary Bout Number 3- Lightweight Fight

Kevin "Matanza" Dutra (1-0) {0-0} versus Filip "Killer" Yolo (1-1) {0-1}

Kevin Dutra is a wrestler who loves the ground aspect of MMA. In his first and only fight Dutra was incredibly dominate. He was able to get three takedowns and he also landed fifty four shots on the ground. The way he was able to keep the pressure on after getting cut open was a true test of his heart. Dutra may have gotten a bad draw in this one, because I am not sure he will be able to go to the ground with Yolo. The reason being Yolo is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and he will be looking to get another submission victory. Yolo’s one and one record proves he loves grappling, one win by submission and one loss by submission. If Dutra takes him down he will put the pressure on with his Jiu Jitsu, and I think he will get a first round submission victory.

Preliminary Bout Number 4- Bantamweight Fight

Howard "Engineer" Holowitz (1-1) {1-1} versus Tiago "Sensi" Andre (1-1) {1-0}

Holowitz is a wrestler and Jiu Jitsu fighter who always looks for a quick submission. He is not a push over in the striking game, but he is uncomfortable there. Howard will want to get the quick takedown and start looking to grab a loose limb if he can. Andre is a Muay Thai striker who made quick work of his last opponent with some great looking head kicks. Already proving he has power in his kicks he should look to use them again. Head kicks to keep the distance and leg kicks to slow down the takedown attempts. If Andre can keep his distance from Holowitz I see another knock out in his future. I believe Holowitz will get the takedown and secure the submission victory in the first round.

Preliminary Bout Number 5- Welterweight Fight

Cheech "Tokemaster" Marin (1-0) {0-0} versus Nattapong "The Tiger" Lorlek (0-0) {0-0}

Marin is a wrestler and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so he will be looking to take the fight to the ground. In his last bout Marin did take the fight to the ground, but he also stood up and threw some strikes. On the ground the “Tokemaster” did look for submissions but he also threw some punches so he does like to mix it up a lot. Lorlek is a Muay Thai master so I hear. He will need to keep this fight off the ground so he can showcase his skills. This will be his first MMA fight so I could not tell you if he likes to clinch or not, but I am looking forward to finding out. This fight is interesting and cannot wait to see it paly out. I am going to pick Marin in this fight, as I think at some point it will go to the ground, and he will be able to walk out of here with a round two submission victory.

Main Card Bout Number 1- Middleweight Fight

Chris Weidman (1-0) {0-0} versus Alex "Toquinho" Silva (1-1) {0-0}

Weidman is a wrestler who I would assume would be a ground and pounder or a lay and pray kind of a guy, but he really threw me off in his first fight. Weidman did take the fight to the ground but he attempted a lot of submissions and ended up getting one. Without any training in Jiu Jitsu I was surprised by the submission victory. Silva is also a wrestler but he holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and he should be happy with this fight going to the ground. His one loss came against a better submission artist. Silva should look to allow Weidman to take him down and then either look for a sweep or a submission from the bottom. I see at least ninety percent of this fight being spent on the ground, and I have Silva winning in the first by submission.

Main Card Bout Number 2- Light Heavyweight Fight

Austin "Boss" Black (2-2) {1-2) versus Pedro Couture (2-1) {0-1}

Black was on a string of losses but he turned things around in his last fight. The wrestler won the fight by TKO and did most of his damage in the clinch. Black was happy to strike from range, and he even scored a few takedowns. He did not look good on the ground and I suggest he stays away from the ground at all costs, considering both of his losses have come by way of submission. In Couture’s only fight in Barbarian Fight Club he was honored with fighting Aderbal Maia. The clinch fighting boxer was overmatched by the amazing Jiu Jitsu artist but he should not have to worry about defending the submission in this fight. Most of this bout should take place up close and personal and that is the kind of fight I would like to watch. This is a coin toss to predict the winner and I am going to pick Couture to win by TKO in the first round.

Main Card Bout Number 3- Welterweight Fight

Rajesh "Raj" Koothrappali (2-0-1) {2-0-1} versus Christopher "The Wolf" Newton (1-0-1) {1-0-1}

These two mixed it up just a few days ago, and they were trying to keep their records unblemished. Technically they both did as the fight went to the judges and they ruled the fight a draw. Personally and with no offence to “Raj” I think “The Wolf” Newton won the fight. You can make arguments on what would be a better way to judges fights and in a ten point must system I think Newton wins twenty nine twenty eight. Never the less these two will go back to war just eight days after their last encounter. I don’t think this fight will have the same ending as it did in their first one. I think Koothrappali took the worst of their last fight, and I don’t think he is healed up. Newton will barley be ready for this one as well. I am going to pick Newton to win this fight in the first round by submission. If these two have a third chapter in what is becoming a great rivalry hopefully it will be far enough down the road that we get to see these two great warriors at one hundred percent.

Co Main Event, Main Card Bout Number 4- Light Heavyweight Fight

Leandro "Cigano" Hughes (4-1) {2-0} versus Jan Jankowski (3-1) {1-0}

The ground and pounding Hughes is currently riding a three fight win streak and is hoping to continue on that path. Hughes should be in the Light Heavyweight title tournament and a fourth consecutive win would be a huge moral boost going into the tournament. His one and only game plan is to ground and pound his opponents but he may want to change things up for this next fight. I don’t believe that Hughes has faced a submission artist at the caliber of Jankowski so far in his career. Jankowski is right outside of making the tournament but a win could propel him into being the number one contender win the tournament is over. Jankowski has three wins and they all have come by way of submission, so if Hughes looks to take him to the mat I am sure Jan will have no problem with that. I think Jankowski can pull off an upset here, and I am going to pick him to win via submission in the second round and I will even go as far to say it will be off his back.

Main Event, Main Card Bout Number 5- Middleweight Fight

Andrei "Sapo" Saintclair (4-0) {3-0} versus Pit "Bulldog" Mies (5-1) {2-1}

This should be a great fight and it should be in the spot light of any event that it is on. It will feature two of the top three Middleweights in Barbarian Fight Club. Both of these fighters are brown belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but they use completely different styles. Saintclair is an aggressive submission specialist who has won all four of his fights by way of submissions. Andrei has only allowed one of his fights to go past the halfway point, and it just barley went by. His longest fight ended at two minutes and fifty nine seconds of the second round. Mies likes to take the fight to the ground and then control. He will throw strikes and he will work to improve position. Mies biggest goal is to not get the fight standing up as he likes to point grapple. Four of his five wins came by way of decision and the other one he got the first round submission. I don’t think the point grappling will work against such an aggressive submission fighter, so I will pick Saintclair to win this fight by submission in the second round.

That will wrap up this preview and I will be looking forward to any of your complements or complaints on the smack talk forums. If you visit there you will see a new look to the previews and I would love to hear what everyone has to say about it. Do not forget to pick up you nutrition supplies from MANGO nutrition.

This has been Tony Rossi biding you a farewell. All writings are owned by Barbarian Fight Club and this may not be reused or reproduced in any way without written expressed consent from BFC.

Leandro Hughes (231257)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/2/2w15.jpg

This is not my first challenge against a brown belt in brazilian jiu-jitsu. Roan Carneiro is a better fighter than Jankowski and still fixing his face. I'm gonna hit Jankowski so much that not even his mom will recognize him, and make sure that everyone know what happen when you think about grounding against me.

Barbarian Tournaments

Personally I believe it should of been White vs Sierra and Lepoo vs Sudo because White and Lepoo are the 1 and 2 but you know what, Zachary White is just gonna have a hard semi final and an easy final

• Upvote 1

Personally I believe it should of been White vs Sierra and Lepoo vs Sudo because White and Lepoo are the 1 and 2 but you know what, Zachary White is just gonna have a hard semi final and an easy final

If this was much later and BFC was killing it with Hype I think it would have been a bigger tournament with 1 against 8 2 against 7 and so on. Since it's kind of new and the hype level in not built in we need a guarantee that the number one or two fighter in the weight class is fighting most main events. It didn't make since to me at first, but after talking to a few org owners it was explained like that to me. Lepew White as a main event will be the biggest draw of the Lightweight tournament and the finals will be the next biggest draw. While if it was the other way we could see the two underdogs face off in the main event. Which is not a horrible thing, but its not what is best for business at the beginning. How ever the tournaments get seeded though I am looking forward to writing them up and hyping them up.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13877379865134.png
Christopher "The Wolf" Newton
1-0-1

We take the time to interview the BFC welterweight Christopher Newton before his rematch vs. Rajeesh Koothrappali.

Reporter: What are you planning to change in this fight, and will you be 100% for the fight?
Newton: I don't know what I'll change. Probably throw less kicks. Last fight, I felt that I threw too many, and landed too little. This time I'm going to focus more on grappling, and I promise that once I crank that arm, or squeeze that neck, he's going to tap. I'm not 100% for this fight, I'm undertrained, overtired, but still tough enough to beat this guy.

Reporter: Let's play word association, where I'll give you the name of the fighter, and you think of the first word that comes to mind.
Newton: Haha, alright let's do it.
Reporter: Dustin Clare
Newton: Lightweight.
Reporter: Chiamaca Congo.
Newton: Favourite.
Reporter: Andohukle Congo.
Newton: Overhyped.
Reporter: George Chapman
Newton: Who?
Reporter: Rajeesh Kothrappali
Newton: Lucky.

Reporter: Well thank you for that, lastly, how do you predict your fight with Rajeesh will end?
Newton: I'm going to sink a deep triangle and choke him out in the first round.
Reporter: Thanks for the interview Chris, always a pleasure, and good luck in your upcoming fight.
Newton: Thank you, will bring that title back to San Fran.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13877379865134.png

Christopher "The Wolf" Newton

1-0-1

We take the time to interview the BFC welterweight Christopher Newton before his rematch vs. Rajeesh Koothrappali.

Reporter: What are you planning to change in this fight, and will you be 100% for the fight?

Newton: I don't know what I'll change. Probably throw less kicks. Last fight, I felt that I threw too many, and landed too little. This time I'm going to focus more on grappling, and I promise that once I crank that arm, or squeeze that neck, he's going to tap. I'm not 100% for this fight, I'm undertrained, overtired, but still tough enough to beat this guy.

Reporter: Let's play word association, where I'll give you the name of the fighter, and you think of the first word that comes to mind.

Newton: Haha, alright let's do it.

Reporter: Dustin Clare

Newton: Lightweight.

Reporter: Chiamaca Congo.

Newton: Favourite.

Reporter: Andohukle Congo.

Newton: Overhyped.

Reporter: George Chapman

Newton: Who?

Reporter: Rajeesh Kothrappali

Newton: Lucky.

Reporter: Well thank you for that, lastly, how do you predict your fight with Rajeesh will end?

Newton: I'm going to sink a deep triangle and choke him out in the first round.

Reporter: Thanks for the interview Chris, always a pleasure, and good luck in your upcoming fight.

Newton: Thank you, will bring that title back to San Fran.

I LOL'ED at the word association. Good Stuff from Newton.

• Upvote 1

What did you guys think of the cosmetic update to the preview? Should it go back to normal, or did you guys like the fight numbers bolded? Also what did you guys think of the red and blue for the corners each fighter will be fighting out of? Also with Mango and Barbarian putting them into the company colors? Personally it was no problem doing it, but is it to girly? No matter what you guys say I still will use the bolded text for the card postion of the fight. That way for people who dont read the whole thing can find their own fight easier. Other than that I do this for you guys (and the money) so please let me know what you think so it can be improved on. Also if you have any other suggestions for the previews let me know.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1387397701BarbarianLogo.jpg

Live on February 1st from Hard Knocks in Rio de Janeiro Brazil Barbarian Fight Club presents Barbarian FC 6. As always MANGO Nutrition will be the merchandise partner for the event, and they will have booths located in and around the Hard Knocks for any of your nutritional needs. Let’s dive on into the fights and see what is going down at the first Barbarian Fight Club event in February.

Preliminary Bout Number 1-Heavyweight Fight

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15w13.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38b16.jpg

Jack "Foo" Dutra (0-1) {0-0} vs Varus "Hanniball" Gracie (0-2) {0-1}

Dutra is a boxer and will want to obviously keep this fight standing. He showed off his skills in his first fight striking at a distance and looking great in the clinch. He was pulled to the ground and submitted in the second round, but Dutra was winning the fight up to that point. Even though he showed his stand up skills he also proved that he has no ground game at all. That might be music to his opponent’s ears as Gracie is a wrestler. He wants to take the fight to the ground and get on top so he can rain down punches. If he can get Dutra to the floor this fight should end quickly. I am going to pick Dutra to get his first win in this one though, with a third round TKO.

----

Something like that? Basically, you go to the fighter's profile, you right click and you select "Copy Image Address/Copy Image URL", something to that extent depending on the browser. After that, you get on this page, and you select the picture/image button (the one with the tree), you copy the link and it should be there.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/28/28b7.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13877379865134.png

Rajesh "Raj" Koothrappali (2-0-1) {2-0-1} versus Christopher "The Wolf" Newton (1-0-1) {1-0-1}

These two mixed it up just a few days ago, and they were trying to keep their records unblemished. Technically they both did as the fight went to the judges and they ruled the fight a draw. Personally and with no offence to “Raj” I think “The Wolf” Newton won the fight. You can make arguments on what would be a better way to judges fights and in a ten point must system I think Newton wins twenty nine twenty eight. Never the less these two will go back to war just eight days after their last encounter. I don’t think this fight will have the same ending as it did in their first one. I think Koothrappali took the worst of their last fight, and I don’t think he is healed up. Newton will barley be ready for this one as well. I am going to pick Newton to win this fight in the first round by submission. If these two have a third chapter in what is becoming a great rivalry hopefully it will be far enough down the road that we get to see these two great warriors at one hundred percent.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OMG I freaking love it. In upcoming previews I will do at least the co main and main event if not the entire Main Card. Thanks for the awesome idea. If I could give it another plus 1 I would.

• Upvote 1

Alright guys I know there is still a day and half left of January but since there is no event left I am going to drop the monthly newsletter on you early. In this newsletter I will do some rankings on different things. I will cover the top three in each category if it applies. Some months a few of these things may not be able to fill three slots. I am going to rank these categories Robbery of the Month, Trash Talker of the Month, Submission of the Month, Knockout of the Month, Fight of the Month, Fighter of the Month and Event of the Month. This issue will not have an interview of any type, but I will include at least one interview in each news letter from now on.

The very first thing that needs to be covered is the announcement of championship titles coming to Barbarian Fight Club. I was personally very excited to hear the announcement about it and I hope all of you where to. Not all seven weight classes BFC currently offers will have titles right away, but Mr. Fernandes wanted to get the stronger divisions covered first. Lightweight (155lbs.), Welterweight (170lbs.), Light Heavyweight (205lbs) and Heavyweight (265lbs) tournaments will all start in the month of February! Pedro decided to take a different approach at the seeding of these tournaments where #1 will face #2 and #3 will face #4 so we will have to keep a close eye on this to see if it works out. Also he made what a feel is a great decision by making only those who have had at least two fights eligible for these tournaments which I feel adds a little more since we will know the fighters better. Good luck to everyone involved in these tournaments. For everyone who is not involved in these tournaments I want to see you guys working your butts off and looking to get a future title shot.

On to what I feel will be a fun little feature to Barbarian. Yes it is time for rankings, and I would like everyone out there to know that these are my personal rankings. I have had no outside influences and if you have a problem with anything you read in here I want to hear about it. Post it on the Smack Talk Thread and you can even quote what you think I got wrong or right.

The first thing I will rank is going to be Trash Talker of the Month. I went through the entire Smack Talk Forum and these are the three fellows I feel are most deserving of being the Smack Talker of the month. We will run it down from #3 to #1.

3)-At number three I have Light Heavyweight Abraham Kurse. Kurse did not go out and throw anyone under the bus, but he did talk some trash and he stated that he wanted to defeat the entire division. We got a few good things from Kurse in this department and it was well said and well received.

2)-At Number two one of my personal favorite guys here in Barbarian Fight Club, Christopher “The Wolf” Newton. Once again not so much on the trash talk side of things, but he was very vocal. Even when the man was putting someone down it came across in a very humble way. I really enjoyed some of the interviews Newton has done, and it has helped get the BFC brand out there a bit. Keep up the good work buddy.

1)-Now that the runner ups have been take in care of let’s get on to the winner. The number one trash talker for the month of January in Barbarian Fight Club was none other than Zachary "Zap Zap" White. I was crying with laughter when he threw out a loser leaves the weight division challenge to Lepew. Zap Zap will get Lepew next, but the loser is not going anywhere.

There where a few others but no need for honorable mentions. If you would like to see yourself up here please get yourself active on the Smack Talk Thread. This really juices things up.

The next thing I would like to break down for you is the Robbery of the Month. Not every month will we have three fights that qualify or at least I hope we don’t. This month there was no need to stretch anything into a robbery, all three of these fights where a robbery plain and simple.

3)-At Number three from Barbarian Weekend Day 2 we seen Ronaldo Oliveira defeat Julian Asangh by split decision. I gave Oliveira the first round, but I scored the next two for Asangh. Even though Oliveira got the early takedown in the second I felt all of the submissions that where defended by Asangh made him look to be the better of the two. I scored the second round for Asangh as well as the third. Now here in Barbarian we score as a whole fight and not a ten point must system so looking at the fight in its entirety Asangh should have won that fight. Oliveira did win the rematch also by decision and it was very close once again, but I did have Oliveira winning the second one.

2)- Some may say that last one was not a robbery but I will tell you something was wrong with the judges at that event. Our number two robbery of the month comes just three fights later on that very same event. Barbarian Weekend Day 2 is the setting for Floyd Mayweather versus Alejandro Martinez. Mayweather won this fight by unanimous decision to much of my chagrin. Mayweather initiated every clinch in the fight but Martinez was more active. It seemed that Mayweather was tired and just wanted to lean up against someone. When these two where apart Martinez landed forty shots to Mayweathers fourteen. I felt this decision was a joke and Martinez should have won this one.

1)- The biggest robbery of the month which I know a lot of people will agree with me was Rajesh Koothrappali versus Christopher Newton. What a great fight! It was very exciting and a lot of fun to watch but anyone who thought that fight was a draw should not be allowed to judge a fight ever again. I think Newton clearly won that fight and he should be headed to the Welterweight title tournament. Even though this fight was scored incorrectly it will lead us to a big time rematch at Barbarian FC 6 on February first.

We will now take a look at the Submission of the Month. For this I only looked at the Submissions of the Night award winners. I felt that if they won the of the night award another submission from that card should not be able to win. Now I do not make the choices of who wins the of the night awards but still I felt it needed to be based off of that.

3)- I will take you back to what had been considered the biggest fight in BFC history. Dustin Clare was taking on the TWGC world champion Jared Gracie. Gracie was talked about a lot coming into BFC and Clare was ready to prove that he was still number one at Welterweight. The first round was a crazy submission fest with neither of the two being able to get the advantage over the other. To start the second round Gracie scored a takedown and Clare went right to work on the neck. Twenty two seconds later Dustin Clare had his hand raised with a guillotine winning the fight from the bottom.

2)- The main event of Barbarian Weekend Day 2 was Kores Sierra facing off against Patryck Mendes. I was fully expecting Mendes to win this fight by submission and he got off to a great start. Mendes grabbed a clinch and then swiftly took down Sierra. Kores started to work a triangle choke on the purple belt and Mendes defended Sierra quickly snatched an arm. Sierra made a very nice transition into an armbar and flipped Mendes to his back, Mendes submitted in just forty six seconds of the first round.

1)- Bringing home the award is Dustin Clare. That’s right the same man who brought home the honors of the third best submission of the month. Clare took on Wojciech Cejrowski in the main event of Barbarian Weekend Day 1. Clare dominated the beginning of the fight and worked from guard to full mount. From mount he took Cejrowski’s back and started working a rear naked choke. Wojciech defended it well and got turned back around and was on top. Clare stayed calm after losing the dominate position and then threw up his legs and grabbed a triangle choke. Cejrowski tried to hold on till the end of the round, but he tapped out with just five seconds left in the first round.

Clare really proved to be a submission machine in the month of January and he has his spot locked up for the 170lbs title tournament, I will be watching closely to see what he can do. We will now transition to the Knockout of the Month award, and the same rules apply.

3)-In our very first Friday Night event Zachary "Zap Zap" White was to face off against Genki Sudo. Zap Zap promised electricity and he delivered. White knocked down Sudo and then called him back to his feet and smacked him to the ground once again and the referee had to stop the fight. White is extremely violent and Sudo became just another victim. White got the TKO win in just ten seconds of the first round.

2)- Barbarian Fight Time 2 is your event for this amazing highlight reel knock out. Rodrigo Tyson started the fight off by busting open his opponent Matheus Lucas with the first punch throw. These two warriors stood in the pocket and threw shots at each other and then Lucas landed a three punch combo and Tyson was now bleeding. Tyson then landed a big right and Lucas hit the ground. Lucas gets back to his feet and another big right hand drops him once again. Lucas back to his feet again and this time he is hit with a beautiful spinning back fist that ended the fight.

1)- One week before the last fight Vaan Birdwing laid out Mauricio Moura. It was an amazing display of kicks from Birdwing. Vaan landed a big head kick that put Moura to the floor. Once he got up Birdwing landed another head kick busting open Moura. He then toyed with Moura a bit with some kicks to the legs and body before delivering a third head kick which knocked Moura out.

I can only hope we see more knockouts like that next month. Head kicks and spinning back fists you can’t ask for too much more. Our next category will be fight of the month. We did have a lot of great fights and I assure it was hard to pick these for me.

3)- At number three we Reginald Longbottom vs Howard Holowitz. In the first round Holowitz got the early takedown and went to work on submissions. He was relentless in his attempts but Longbottom was able to defend them all off. Holowitz to start off the second round gets another early takedown. After attempting a submission Longbottom got the sweep and started throwing bombs. Longbottom got the stoppage after cutting Holowitz.

2)- Barbarian Weekend Day 2 brought us a great fight. I thought it was a bit of a sham, but never the less it was a great fight. Floyd Mayweather versus Alejandro Martinez. In the first round Mayweather cut Martinez but it seemed not to affect him too much. In the second round I felt Martinez landed more strikes and did more damage, as Mayweather clinched and stalled. Much of the same from these two in the third round with Martinez was dominating and Mayweather stalling. The fight was scored in favor of Mayweather in a great striking bout.

1)- Another fight that I felt was a bit of a robbery but still an amazing fight. This fight was to see who got the final spot in the Welterweight title tournament. Rajesh Koothrappali versus Christopher Newton was super exciting. It was a wonderful display of grappling and submissions. In the first round Rajesh scored two takedowns but I think Newton was more aggressive and I would have scored the round for him. In the second round It was all Rajesh with submission attempt after submission attempt coming after he got the takedown. I now had the fight as a draw. Third and final round Newton got taken down once again only this time he got a big sweep. After the sweep I though Raj would tap to the famed Kimura of Newton but he was able to fend it off. Newton then worked positioning and took the back of Koothrappali and started working a rear naked choke. I though once again that the fight was over but we see some great defense from Raj. The final bell buzzed and I was ready to hear and your winner by decision Christopher “The Wolf” Newton but instead I heard draw. Still an amazing fight.

I am now going to do event of the month and save fighter of the month for last. We had a lot of great events in January with seven of the nine events where sell outs. We had some massive main events and a few big upsets. This may be the hardest category for me to pick but I am going to do it anyways.

3)- We had better ratings on some of our events, but Barbarian Weekend Day 1 on January 14th, 2014 had our largest crowd. Two thousand people packed in to see this event. We only earned a 70.56 rating but I felt it should have been higher. The Submission of the Night went to Dustin Clare, Knockout of the Night went to Andokuhle Congo and our Fight of the Night was awarded to Ray Nogueira vs Fabricio Cabral.

2)- Moving on to number two I gave it to Barbarian Fight Time 1. It featured Dustin Clare against Jared Gracie in the main event. Of course this was another sell out and your of the Night award winners where Submission once again Dustin Clare, Knockout Vaan Birdwing and Fight went to Reginald Longbottom vs Howard Holowitz. This event also received the highest of the three events rating with a 93.04.

1)- What I felt was out best event of the month got only a 84.41 rating. It was held in a small venue but once again it was a sellout. Barbarian Friday Night was the event and it featured several great fights. Submission of the Night was given to Matheus Peixoto, Knockout of the Night winner was Zachary White and Fight of the Night was out Fight of the Month Christopher Newton vs Rajesh Koothrappali.

Last but not least I will hand out the fighter of the month award. I created a formula to determine the winner of this. It was based on total fights, draws, wins, and of the Night awards. I was thinking of including finishes but chose not to on the basis of there are several point fighters. I don’t think someone should be penalized for their style. This was a very tight race by the way, but with the formula easy to pick.

3)- Number three comes from the Welterweight division. He had two fights in the month of January and he won them both by knockout. This man was awarded a Knockout of the Night and a Fight of the Night award, he is Andokuhle "Pumba" Congo.

2)- Just barely edging him out was Dustin Clare. Another Welterweight who had three fights winning two and losing one. He took home two Submission of the Night awards and the funny thing is his only loss came to Andokuhle "Pumba" Congo. Do not fault me, fault the point system that……well that I created. Changes will come to my system.

1)- The man taking Fighter of the Month award home with him had three fights at Light Heavyweight. He won all three fights finishing two in the first round. I give to you Daeron "Killer" Inglorion! Now I know the system is flawed a bit, but Daeron was the only fighter to win three fights in the month of January and that has to say something. I congratulate him on his three victories and wish him well in the Light Heavyweight division.

That will wrap up the Barbarian Fight Club Newsletter- Month in Review. I hope all of you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you agree or disagree with any of this I want to hear about it on the Smack Talk forums. Also any suggestions and criticism will be well taken. Please address all questions concerns and or comments to the Smack Talk thread.

I am Tony Rossi the author, all writings belong to BFC and may not be reused or retransmitted without written expressed consent from BFC.

• Upvote 2