• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

Just sent Alexi's guide to the email address above. 

44733e85-a2ce-4e15-af1b-eecf9b7776a1_zps

#22 fenixink

fenixink

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Send me the questionnaire as well.
ID- 89717

Sent thank you for volunteering.

Just sent Alexi's guide to the email address above. 

Received thanks Skap.

1414515342projectillumination.png

#23 fenixink

fenixink

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

Project Illumination Status Update

In our first week we have accomplished several goals:

Begun building infrastructure including:

- Added 4 mentors to our mentor index

- Created and distributed a mentor questionnaire

Begun expanding Project Illumination:

- We have recruited approx. 5 players some new and some experienced

- We have continued to maintain a high level of responsiveness and activity in alliance chat

Begun planning and researching for the all-in-one guide:

- We have obtained permission from Alexi to include his guide (with the caveat we make sure to check the info is not outdated).

- We have collected several guides from members

- We have had several people volunteer to fact check the guide

- We have begun outlining the contents of the guide

What we need:

We would like the guide to contain a section called "What to do on your first day in Tycoon".

This section should cover almost everything in a very brief way. We are looking for input about

what topics people think should be represented in this section as well as what topics should be left

out to be covered in more advanced sections.

All in all a fairly productive week. I wish I had made more progress on the guide

but RL is pretty busy right now and between it and designing posters my time is limited

(I have just reworked some previous commitments to open up some more time).

Thank you to everyone who has or continues to support Project Illumination.

#24 fenixink

fenixink

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

Project Illumination Status Update

Since our last update things have become busy for myself in RL and my co-founder Liam Davidson (davie1903) has left Project Illumination as it's first graduate to become a member of Vendetta. We wish Liam all the best in this endeavor and will of course continue to provide any support we can to him as an alumni. This has resulted in some slight restructuring of the project but nothing noteworthy. Due to my busy RL schedule I am in the process of determining the best course to continue moving the project forward. I will likely be offering research and writing tasks internally to Project Illumination members with a tycoon buck reward for completing a given task. If there are any particular experts or writers externally that would be interested in contributing for a nominal fee or simply for the sake of helping out please pm me in game.

Since our last update (broken down by primary directive):

We have continued to provide consistent feedback for new players in alliance chat.

- For the first time we even had the fighters of two members bump heads in a QFC.

- Both managers carried themselves professionally and showed excellent sportsmanship,
  I must say these kinds of firsts are what I personally look forward to witnessing.

- We are happy to have added several new players to our ranks including but not limited to Macho Man (madness), Aaron Blake (edge224), and Ryne Woodsmall (twookool)

Due to lack of personal time not as much progress as I would like has been made on compiling information for the all-in-one guide

I have however put together the first visual component of the Panopticon (the new name for the all-in-one guide).

The guide is available for viewing at this link: The Panopticon

We are continuing to encourage the community to contribute (such is the purpose of this post)

There was zero feedback from the community on things that should be absolutely included in the "Your first day in tycoon section".

We understand that every member of the communities time is valuable and that perhaps we should use different methods to obtain peoples opinions on the subject. To that end I will be putting up a separate post in General Discussion focused on this subject.

We are facilitating community connections and have been actively offering mentorship opportunities to our members

I would just like to thank all our volunteer mentors once again for donating their time to assist Project Illumination, you are all an integral part of our success.

Technically we've had a graduate which puts us one step closer to our goal to become an institute of learning

What we need:

We are always looking for more new players and volunteer mentors, feel free to direct anyone who qualifies as either to us.

Thank you to everyone who has or continues to support Project Illumination.

#25 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'd be willing to put myself as a mentor to anyone needing help from this group. I'll help if i can :)

vbw8Ba.gif

Wolf is a fucking cheater

#26 fenixink

fenixink

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'd be willing to put myself as a mentor to anyone needing help from this group. I'll help if i can :)

Excellent Wolf I'll pm you the mentor questionnaire.

#27 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

Same here with me. I have already done the Mentor Questionnaire.

14535905552yukmeb.jpg1482792032image.jpg1415893171image.jpg

The Seven Musketeers

The Past // The Present // The Future

7x Division 1 Champs (Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Sep/Dec '17 - Jan '18)

tumblr_nfgpck1Lbr1tf69j8o1_400.gif

#28 fenixink

fenixink

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

Same here with me. I have already done the Mentor Questionnaire.

Haven't forgotten you GBK but your also our only current volunteer to fact check the guide as it's populated so I'm keeping you a bit in reserves ;)

#29 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

Haven't forgotten you GBK but your also our only current volunteer to fact check the guide as it's populated so I'm keeping you a bit in reserves ;)

Forgot about that tbh haha

I will have a look at it now

14535905552yukmeb.jpg1482792032image.jpg1415893171image.jpg

The Seven Musketeers

The Past // The Present // The Future

7x Division 1 Champs (Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Sep/Dec '17 - Jan '18)

tumblr_nfgpck1Lbr1tf69j8o1_400.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Noob, Charity, Community, Project Illumination, Help, Question, Newb, Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users