"Dissolution Fighting Championship (Vegas) - Official Smack Talk Thread".

BlueFalcon

Shikoba Ash: Congratulations to Maurice Giresse, battered me around last night and taught me a few lessons in how to strike. One good thing I can away is that I got caught with over 100 stiff clean shots, and I stayed standing. Either your fists are made of pillows Mr Giresse or my chin is adamantium...

• Upvote 1

DFC: Sin City 4 (13 August 2016 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)
Sponsored by “Bad Company” fight wear.

A 135lbs optimises what is guaranteed to be a great card at Sin City 4, with a phenomenal night of some of the best that Las Vegas has to offer battling it out, here is the rundown of how I will think it will play out.

Fight 1
Ottis “Devils Child” Toole I V 5-0-0 vs Anthony “Showtime” Pettis 5-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Our main event pits two super talented MT artists against eachother in what looks like a stalemate on paper. Both similar aged, with similar skillsets and similar records. Last fight out Pettis cleaned out his opponent Wilmot, destroying him inside a minute, which is no small feat considering Wilmot does have a decent chin. He hasn’t been stopped yet in his career but has been defeated by decision against a pretty one dimensional opponent earlier in his career, by amateur style wrestler Ape Rezzkey. That inability to get a foothold is something “Devils Child has not demonstrated, having walked through his five opponents to get here cleaning them all out inside a round. This is a near impossible fight to predict for me, considering that both fighters are so similar, but I will have to give the edge to Ottis Toole I V. His movement and standup ability has not yet been called into question like Pettis’s was after his loss.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ottis Toole I V Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Marc “Spicy Burrito” Camarillo 1-1-0 vs Artur The Axe 6-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

This is not a difficult heavyweight fight for me to predict, as Artur, coming off of the back of two impressive victories is the clear favoutite for me against the relatively inexperienced Camarillo. Camarillo may have good boxing ability, and advanced basics in grappling and clinchwork and such, he just does not have the ability to test Artur in my opinion. Round one win for the axe for me…

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Artur The Axe, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Gil “The Jackhammer” Jacobson 2-0-0 v Nairo Velasquez Quintana 3-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

A very exiting fight in the lightweight division is my sleeper hit of the night, as I expect this one to very possibly steal the show tonight. For how young both fighters are (19) they are already clearly ridiculously talented strikers, with Jacobson particularly catching my eye with the dynamism between how his shots set up more shots, until he catches a rhythm and the punches don’t stop flowing. I do rate Quintana, and think that he is a very good fighter, but I think that Jacobson’s ability to tear into his opponents faster than Quintana has shown to do so, will be the deciding factor.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Gil Jacobson, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Liam Fitzpatrick 3-2-0 v Daren “The Green” Greeley 2-2-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Bantamweight Championship

To be honest I’m not sure how Greeley qualifies to get a a title shot against Fitzpatrick considering his “less than stellar” record as of late, but he will need to take full advantage of this opportunity or risk being lost in the shuffle. Greeley is an accomplished and skilled boxer, showing good stand up ability and movement, but he has really only showed that killer knockout instinct at one point during his fight career. Fitzpatrick, the defending champion however and a phenomenal wrestler and BJJ artist showed just what he is made of, submitting the fierce Maurice Smith with one second left on the clock in round one to win the title at DFC Fight Night 1. Fitzpatrick has the edge here, but needs to avoid getting caught, if he can do this he will make this defence number 1 of his title.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Liam Fitzpatrick, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 5
Auld “Tentacle Monster” Bawls 2-1-0 v Victor “Brejcha” Ruiz 0-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

This heavyweight fight is going to see two purple belts look to get the submission victory over eachother. The advantage should this be fought in a stand-up fight would go to Bawls, who is a proficient boxer, with decent striking ability. Ruiz is by far the better wrestler of the two, and logic would dictate that this would aid him in this fight, except that he has shown no natural ability in the sport whatsoever, looking lost in fights and losing his first two. For that reason, I think Bawls has the killer instinct that Rujiz is lacking.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Auld Bawls, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 6
Marcus Sharpe 3-1-0 v Jaddie Defensor lii 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

The man formerly known as “Shamo Lee” Marcus Sharpe will look to keep his momentum going after his impressive win against Shawn Kingsten at Mayhem 2. Sharpe has the advantage in almost all areas of the game and will need to use that to full effect. Defensor lii needs to put in a hell of a shift to take this fight, but unfortunately I think he is just facing the wrong opponent at the wrong time, and will find this out the hard way.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Marcus Sharpe, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 7
Hinrik “The Ice-Giant” Leifsson 2-1-0 v Zader “Huff N Puff” Huffer 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

This heavyweight bout has piqued my interest, as Leifsson, a Muay Thai style fighter, is set to fight a BJJ practitioner in Huffer. Huffer showed great ability to submit his first opponent in short order in his debut fight, and will need to rely on those skills to get past Leifsson, who is the better standup fighter of the two. Leifsson also needs to get back on track after getting knocked out by Artur the Axe at the inaugural Sin City event. I think Leifsson might just have the ability to drag this one out and take it by decision, but he needs to start proving that he belongs here if he is to have a future.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Hinrik Leifsson, Round 3 (SD/UD)

Fight 8
Juwan “Crazy Horse” Ortega 3-0-0 v “Poo Bear” Ali Gator 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

This is another sleeper hit for me and may have the potential to be one of the fights of the night: In a fight with so many animal names involved it feels like I took a detour in a zoo to get here (a different kind of cage fighting altogether) its Juwan “Crazy Horse” Ortega versus “Poo Bear” Ali Gator. Ortega is an example of what good wrestlers can do with ground and pound, as so often they are content to just lay on top of their opponent and try to smother them for three rounds. Ali Gator is a great MT fighter and should have the ability to cleave Ortega’s chin in two if he catches him clean, if he can defend against the takedown well I think he takes “Crazy Horse’s
greatest weapon from him, and I expect him to grind him down until he catches him in the second or third round.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ali Gator, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 9
Byron “Pretty Boy” Jones 0-0-0 v Matty The Viper “Mvp” Pritchard 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

This fight is quick and simple for me, Jones makes his debut against a great BJJ fighter (who is not as accomplished anywhere else in his arsenal really) and will need to keep this fight standing up, while I don’t want to sound disrespectful, I think he would tap in seconds if he made a mistake. His best chance is to stuff Pritchard’s takedowns and look for the knockout, and if he can do that then I can see him winning this.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Byron Jones, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Buzz Meeks 1-0-0 v Kyle Dunc 2-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

This middleweight bout is set to be our opening contest, and it pits a promising up and comer in Buzz Meeks, a well-balanced fighter with good MT ability, against Kyle Dunc, a man who uses his wrestling ability as his main weapon in his arsenal. The game plan has to be simple for both men, Dunc needs to smother Meeks before the fireworks get started and Meeks will look to blitz Dunc out of there before he gets beaten into the ground, lying on his back. Dunc has impressed me in his ability, but Meeks, for a fighter so young looks to be very promising and I have him down to win this one.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Buzz Meeks, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

The 4th edition of Sin City has a fantastic card with some of the best fighters on the entire roster. This is quite simply a can’t miss card and I am very much looking forward to it.

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 1

Jay - Mr. Dangerous, you have proven yourself, that is a fact. However, I don't think you are quite ready for Lazzar Mcshrads who is an experienced grappler capable of retiring you. I will let you prove yourself once again against a younger, yet very skilled Ciao Bottura. Ciao is currently 3-0 in DFC fights and is on a run to potentially becoming a champion. Ciao is a more even opponent for you and if you can defeat Ciao, you might find yourself in the cage with Lazzar soon.

Mr. Dangerous:

Capable of retiring me!? Lol I respect the shit out of you boss but Lazar Mcshits has no way of beating me. I mean look at his stats for crying out loud. He has no stand up skills averaging only 0.3 punches landed over 6 fights and his takedowns are Elementary at best averaging about 30%. For an experience grappler 18% success rate of submission is ass. Hell I got a 67% rate of success. He is just overrated and I would love to beat his ass before he make excuses about age.

Ha! Mcshrads laughs and shakes his head at what Dion "Mr Dangerous" Brown. "I'll take your arm along with the belt all in due time Mrs. Brown." You'll surpass me eventually, but I wouldn't be in a hurry be R1KO'd by way of spinning bitch slap so soon.

Mr. Dangerous:

Am I supposed to be scared of your fluffed recorded!? You are a shitty ass fighter Mcshits I just want to expose on my way to the top. You fought 3 white belts and took forever to finish them with your submissions. 12 for 3 to be exact. So how the hell you submitting me!? You are so predictable with your one dimensional Takedown heavy approach, so I highly doubt you would even swing on me. So what the fuck you talking about a 1st round KO!? Hell I could fight you blindfolded and still finish you in the second round. So Enjoy your moment on top for now old man. I will make sure you remember my name when we fight.

Mcshrads: Mrs. Dangerous, you have my attention. First of the 3 white belts were all wonderful strikers, and they were subbed r1 so wouldn't say that's weak. I saw your opponents striking lol. I'm afraid Ciao is going to put you to sleep before I get a chance. I'll be waiting for you at the top. If by some small chance you sneak through the cracks, you know where to find me.

Mcshrads: Mrs. Dangerous, you have my attention. First of the 3 white belts were all wonderful strikers, and they were subbed r1 so wouldn't say that's weak. I saw your opponents striking lol. I'm afraid Ciao is going to put you to sleep before I get a chance. I'll be waiting for you at the top. If by some small chance you sneak through the cracks, you know where to find me.

Lmao! I like you Mcshits. True, you have fought more strikers than me but you haven't fought any grapplers NEAR my level except your first fight. And we both know how that ended. I have fought grapplers just like you and already have you all figured out. Just make sure you don't lose before I get a shot at you. I just would hate for someone to expose you before me.

Until then Mcshits

Mcshrads: haha! Mrs. Brown you need to respect your elders. I may have retard learning when it comes to skill pops, but with retard learning comes retard strength. My schedule is cleared if you ever heal from your injuries after Ciao owns you. I might kinda feel a little bad sending you back to your parents basement after getting Mcshradded.

McShrads and Mr. Dangerous, you will get your fight about 3-4 weeks after Dangerous and Bottura face off. I'm already excited for it.

You have my attention and any article you manage to get posted in the Tycoon Times prior to then will earn you bonus cash. $5k if it is under your fighter, $10k if it is under the DFC company profile.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1469547396mayhem5.jpg

Review by CEO Jay Lawrence

Mayhem 5 marked another milestone in DFC history - the first crowning of a DFC Light Heavyweight champion. In edition to that, this was also our highest rated fight (88.01), it had nearly a packed crowd (981/1000) and brought in the most ticket revenue of any of our events to date ($117,152). This event was almost the first event to turn a profit, but suffered a total loss of -$7,104, the closest we have been to making a profit! This event definitely highlighted some new talent as the winners of each of these fights continue to rise toward the top of their weight classes in pursuit of the gold DFC belt and a pay raise.

Out of the ten fights at this event, 5 of them were won by the underdog. This is a great testament to the rising skill and competition offered at Dissolution Fighting Championship in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Main Event - Skvardsonn vs. Bresnan
http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/35/35w9.jpgvshttp://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w6.jpg

Martin Skvardsonn (1-0-0)

25 years old

195cm
212 pounds

*Excellent Boxer
*Hates Pizza
*Defeated last opponent by KO in 20 seconds.

*Managed by Dustin Morello

Martin is the third of four children. He used to walk the streets of Marstrand with his two older brothers Marvin and Marek with his younger brother Marco looking for something to do. Aged 19 he moved to Stockholm with his brothers two make a name for his family and at 21 he became national amateur boxing champion. Due to problems in Marstrand, his fighting career was put on hold until aged 24 looking to become an MMA legend instead of boxing.

Luke Bresnan (2-0-0)

25 years old

181cm
213 pounds
*BJJ Purple Belt
*Decent Boxer
*Heavy handed

*Managed by Chris Henry

Luke Bresnan has had an impressive DFC history prior to this fight. Bresnan was the first DFC fighter with two wins. Bresnan has made all prior opponents tap in the first round and Bresnan has been the underdog in every event coming into this fight.

This fight was over quick. At the touch of the gloves Skvardsonn came out with a punch combo that surely effected Bresnan. Bresnan tried to bring Skvardsonn in for the clinch, but Skvardsonn responded with a big right hand that knocked Bresnan off his feet. Bresnan stood up and Skvardsonn immediately met him with a combo that put Bresnan asleep while standing. At this point this was like watching a mortal kombat fight where the fighter is standing limp on the screen with a narrator beckoning, "FINISH HIM". Skvardsonn appeared to be listening and cocked back a huge straight right that send Bresnan timbering to the mat. Bresnan never had a chance to take this to the ground before Skvardsonn could knocked him out cold in 11 seconds. For Skvardsonn's performance in this highly hyped title fight Skvardsonn earns KO of the night and a little extra $$$.

Skvardsonn is set to defend his title on 9-3-2016 at Sin City 7. Skvardsonn will be facing the undefeated Steve Jackson, who was the first DFC fighter to reach three wins and currently sits at 3-0 after defeating #2 contended Rocky Balboa at Mayhem 3.

Co-Main Event - Mcshrads vs. Petrucci ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

I was very excited for this fight. Lazzar Mcshrads, managed by RickyMcJullian Bubbles, has had an interesting career thus far. Mcshrads lost his first fight by split decision, but has gone on to defeat 4 very talented opponents in a row. Mcshards entered this fight at 4-1 to Petrucci's record of 2-0 and Mcshrads is a grappler whereas Petrucci prefers the stand up.

Interestingly, Petrucci's manager, Michio Kaku, typically manages grapplers and I was curious to see how Kaku's stand up fighter would do vs. a good grappler. Gabe T.S. Gardner predicted Petrucci would win this one by KO in the first round and on paper it appeared Petrucci might be the better fighter.

Petrucci got a few punches in and stuffed a takedown early on, but Mcshrads found his opening and took the fight to the mat. From the ground Mcshrads tried a little ground and pound, but that wasn't working. Mcshrads switched gears and began going for the tapout submission. McShrads found his golden ticket with a stiff anaconda choke that forced Petrucci asleep 3 minutes and 18 seconds into rounds 1. For Mcshrads' performance he has earned the submission of the night award. Rumor is, manager Michio Kaku is already planning on cutting Petrucci as Petrucci's job was on the line going into this fight.

Paul (2-0-0) vs. Shreve (5-0-0)

I love it when two undefeated fighters get to take to the cage to prove to the world who is best. Larry Shreve, managed by Blake Phoenix, did not shy away from the challenge after he called out Paul and requested the fight. It appeared Shreve had Paul's number as Shreve dominated every aspect of this fight. Paul's defense in the clinch was good, but there's no better defense then a good offense and Shreve was relentless in finding a way to hurt Paul. Shreve finished Paul with a big uppercut from the clinch and the fight was abruptly finished at the 1:22 mark of round 1. Shreve's victory here puts him in position for a potential title contention in the near future.

Domman (4-1-0) vs. Pauwels (1-0-0) ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

Domman has had an impressive career to this point and he was the favorite to win this one. Pauwels, managed by Rodrigo Rojas, really prepared for this fight and brought it on. Pauwels controlled every aspect of this fight and Domman could not do anything to Pauwels. Pauwels wins by TKO after 56 seconds of fighting.

Belval (0-0-0) vs. Warner (1-0-0)

This Bantamweight division is just getting underway. It is currently dominated by Liam Fitzpatrick, wearing the belt around the DFC facilities. However, both Belval and Warner show promise for their future and look to one day challenge Fitzpatrick. Perhaps that will be Belval, managed by Alexander Melchiott, as Belval put on a clinic for the fans. Belval threw punch after punch and even some leg kicks all while dodging and smashing Warner's takedown attempts. Belval got the knockout just before the end of the first round and Belval moves into the #2 slot after this victory.

Nemec (1-0-0) vs. Stark (3-0-0) ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

Two purple belt BJJ studs going toe to toe for the best braggings rights of best grappler. However, neither could finish the fight. Nemec controlled just about every aspect of the fight and it was no surprise when the judges game him the W after 15 minutes of push and pull.

Brown (1-0-0) vs. Rogov (1-0-0)

Brown is a very fun fighter to watch. He is very aggressive with kicks and punches, but his forte is actually BJJ grappling. Although Brown hit Rogov with 45 leg kicks at 14 punches to Rogov's face, it was actually an armbar that won the match for Brown. It wasn't like Rogov was a training dummy the entire time either. Rogov was dominate in his debut and he stood to fight here at Mayhem 5. Rogov was able to score several punches and kicks himself, however he may have wasted too much energy with 27 takedown attempts and only 2 were successful. Rogov lost the fight, but he definitely fought the fight. This fight kept the stands going and really could've gone either way at any point. Lasting until the 3rd round, there was plenty of entertainment for all to watch and for that reason these two earned the Fight of the Night award.

Dippe (1-1-0) vs. Perez (0-0-0) ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

Perez was expected to win by submission, but Dippe brought Perez into the clinch and quickly introduced Perez to the hard surface of Dippe's knee. Perez's brain bucket may have a dent after that one. Perez was knocked out just under 3 minutes into round 1. Dippe, managed by Donny Darkow, moves into rank 11 in the DFC Middleweight class.

Giresse (0-0-0) vs. Ash (1-0-0)

I love it when a debuting fighting gets to fight a fighter who just came off a debut win. This is how champions are made folks. Ash kept pulling Giresse into the clinch where Ash had the advantage, oh but did it cost him! Giresse landed over 100 punches to Ash's face and body, but Ash kept on fighting and appeared unfazed. Ash's chin was very impressive in this fight, but Giresse was the clear victor here, taking all judge votes in every round. Giresse, managed by Alexander Melchiott, is definitely a youngster to keep an eye on in the future.

Han Lo (0-0-0) vs. Light (1-1-0) ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

This fight was a potential for fight of the night as both fighters had a lot to offer and this fight really was all over the place. Light controlled round 1, but Mi Han Lo had the upper hand the rest of the fight. Mi Han Lo, managed by Jambo Bagwell, barely got the nod (29:28) after 15 minutes of action. Great opening fight which really kickstarted the rest of the event.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1470435552oie_tANV7AWU8gIC.gif

Recap by CEO J. Lawrence

I can really appreciate the Sin City posters. They are so well done and fitting, they have to be the best posters in MMATycoon. I don't think I've seen any posters to compete with the Sin City poster series. Sin City posters are classy, sinful, and begging for attention.

Enough with the posters, let's talk about what happened at the event! Sin City 4 has kept the train rolling forward for DFC. The path of progress showed with a sold out crowd ($150k spent on tickets) giving DFC their first ever completely sold out event. In addition, this event surpassed Mayhem 5's event record rating of 88.08 and received a rating of 102.12! Here is the recap of the fights from top to bottom.

Main Event Ottis Toole vs. Anthony Pettis

This main event featured two opponents who are almost identically matched across the board. Pettis has a bit of an experience advantage, but Ottis comes in still undefeated and has made quick victories over all his opponents. This matchup will likely be one that comes down to the cornerman who will be guiding the fighters through the fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14470269281386.gif

Ottis "Devil's Child" Toole IV (5-0-0)

25 years old
182cm
174lbs
Excellent Muay Thai
Granite Chin

***Sponsored by King of Fists

***Managed by Katarina

All 5 of Ottis' victories have come in the first round. Some say he has yet to be challenged, but the truth is he made every opponent look like a fool. Ottis is a stand up fighter with an impressive amateur victory. This is his debut fight for DFC and a win would put Ottis near the top of the DFC rankings.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21b4.jpg

Anthony "Showtime" Pettis (5-1-0)

26 years old
185cm

178lbs

Excellent Muay Thai
Granite Chin
***Sponsored by EVOLUTION Clothing
***Managed by Dragon Eye

Pettis had a near perfect amateur career, except for one mishap when he attempted to move up to the 185lb class and suffered his first defeat. Pettis finished his QFC career 3-1 before signing with DFC. Within DFC, Pettis has gone 2-0, taking out Gary Wilmot and Vincent Medici and spent less than 3 minutes of total time in the cage. Pettis is a tough fighter with the ability to take a punch and deliver a kill shot.

Both fighters did some dodging and weaving to throw and avoid punches. There was no fancy clinch or takedowns in this one. This was a straight up boxing match between two tough fighters that know how to deliver. Pettis got cut early from a straight right hand counter by Ottis. Ottis scored a punch combination followed by two overhand rights that Pettis didn't see coming. Pettis fell after the second overhand right and Ottis pounced. The fight finished with only 5 seconds left in the first round, giving Ottis his first DFC win. These two high caliber fighters who both came out to really bang in a showing similar to a Rocky movie earned them both the Fight of the Night award and some extra cash.

The Axe (6-2-0) vs. Camarillo (1-1-0)

This fight would determine who will become the #1 contender for the DFC Heavyweight Championship title. Artur The Axe, managed by Josh Laston, has been impressive in his DFC career thus far. He is coming off a surprising upset vs Heavyweight titan Hinrik Leifsson who was also fighting at this event. Marc Camarillo on the other hand, has had a hard time finding a win. Camarillo took out Micah Madden, but then lost to Arrin Mccreth after leaving it to the judges.

As predicted by Gabe T.S. Gardner, Camarillo could not stand up to The Axe. It only took three punches for The Axe to shut the lights off on Camarillo. The Axe one this one in just 29 seconds and therefore secured his path to the title shot. The Axe becomes the 4th DFC fighter to obtain 3 wins within DFC. Rumor is The Axe will face Larry Shreves next and the winner in that fight will have the next shot at the title, who knows. What I know, is this win puts The Axe at the top of the rankings and he deserves a title shot. Boris Klein however, chose a weaker opponent to be his first title defense. With his quick KO, The Axe earned himself a KO of the night award.

Jacobson (2-0-0) vs. Quintana (3-0-0)

Both fighters at a young age of 19, have a long career ahead of them. Much longer than this fight, lasting until the 1:11 mark of round 1. There is a good chance Jacobson, managed by David Brent, could likely become a future DFC Lightweight Champion. Quintana is no pushover and was top 5 in the DFC Lightweight division. Jacobson did not shy away and he instrumentally tore Quintana down immediately after the touch of the gloves. Jacobson won the fight and will move up in the rankings.

DFC Bantamweight TITLE FIGHT Fitzpatrick (3-2-0) vs. Greeley (2-2-0)

Fitzpatrick was victorious over undefeated Maurice Smith at DFC Fight Night 1 last month. Greeley was rewarded with the title shot opportunity after his last opponent no showed him, but unfortunately Greeley is not quite ready for an opponent like Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick took Greeley to the mat early and from there he controlled Greeley, but couldn't quite manage to connect with his ground and pound strikes. Greeley defended the ground and pound nicely, but was caught by surprise when Fitzpatrick grabbed Greeley's back and set the hooks on a rear naked choke. Fitzpatrick gets his first title defense and will likely face Matty The Viper Pritchard next month. Fitzpatrick's transition from ground and pound to rear naked, forcing Greeley to go unconcious with only 3 seconds left in the first round earned Fitzpatrick the Submission of the Night award.

Ruiz (0-2-0) vs. Bawls (2-1-0) ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

Ruiz's employment with DFC was on the line tonight after his two losses in a row, he had to win tonight. Ruiz showed some heart and stayed in the fight after the first punch from Bawls cut Ruiz right above the eye. Ruiz decided not to wait and took advantage of a missed double jab by Bawls. Ruiz shot his takedown on Bawls and introduced Bawls to some good ole fashioned grappling. Ruiz conducted a little ground and pound, then transitioned into a Kimura forcing Bawls to tap quickly. Bawls lost a few fans this night as some believe he was tapping before the Kimura was even set! Ruiz keeps his job and moves up the rankings ever closer to the title.

Sharpe (3-1-0) vs. Defensor (1-0-0)

Defensor took this fight to a clinch right away. Big mistake! Sharpe, managed by Ivan Ivanov, destroyed Defensor in the clinch, then found an arm and pulled it into an armbar forcing Sharpe to tap. This fight only lasted 1 minute and 18 seconds. With this victory Sharpe finds himself in the top 10 of the DFC lightweight division.

Leifsson (2-1-0) vs. Huffer (1-0-0)

Leifsson, managed by Gabe T.S. Gardner, is coming off an upsetting defeat against Artur The Axe at Sin City 1. They call Leifsson the Ice Giant and he kept his cool in this one. Pure domination of the fight, Leifsson controlled every aspect and several times it appeared Huffer was going to force Leifsson to tap, but Leifsson stayed in the fight and kept banging. Great fight all around, but it's going to take a few more wins before Leifsson is in title contention again.

Ortega (3-0-0) vs. Gator (2-0-0)

Ortega, managed by Pablo Escobar, is really starting to come into his own. Taking out another teen, Ali Gator is no easy task. Ortega found hard to get this fight to the ground and Gator just did not have the takedown defense to counter. Once on the ground it was just a matter of time before Ortega's onslaught of ground and pound would force the fight to a finish. Gator held on well, even tried to catch Ortega in a triangle, but ultimately Gator couldn't get away from the punches and the ref had to step in. Gator suffered a concussion, fractured skull, and potential brain damage as a result. Manager Aylib 2.0 has released Gator from his fighting contract and Gator is no longer with DFC. We have sent him a going away gift and enough money to cover his medical bills and retirement. Come see us again after you're healed up Gator!

Jones (0-0-0) vs. Pritchard (1-0-0) ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

I don't think I have seen a faster submission. Jones did a double leg takedown, but Pritchard pulled full guard, then managed an armbar forcing the tap out. All this was done in 18 seconds, impressive! This win by Pritchard, managed by Jake Bremner, may be impressive enough to put him in line for a Bantamweight title!

Meeks (1-0-0) vs. Dunc (2-2-0)

This opener for the event was exciting. Meeks (19 years old) decided to challenge Dunc (24 years old) and came up the victor. Meeks, managed by Johnny Lee, was never touched by Dunc. He dominated the fight in every way and Dunc didn't stand a chance. Meeks will have a long career here at DFC and his young career is beginning to blossom.

That concludes Sin City 4, the best damn event brought to the DFC fans of Las Vegas, Nevada to date. The events will only get better from here folks, so stand by!

With 300k on the horizon I would like to pre-emptively answer some questions. First I would like to thank all who have expressed interest in the 300k kickboxing league. I truly think this could be a lot of fun and I am very interested to see how it works out. To answer some questions, here are the rules on creation:

-18 years old ONLY
-300k+ ONLY
-ANY weight you want. Fights will occur in the 265+ division...id recommend NOT going with a 130lb fighter lol.
-max of 2 fighters per manager in the org. That doesn't mean you can't create more, just only 2 can be employed by the org at any time.

Here are the rules I will be following for events.

-All events will be kickboxing rules, in the cage (This is Sin City baby, we don't need no ring and ropes; we fight in the cage), 5 rounds of 5 minutes. Title fights will be 5 rounds of 10 minutes.
-I will schedule events as often as needed to get fighters a fighter about every 3-5 weeks.
-All initial contracts will be 4 fights, 3k/3k/3k. Raises will be given upon contract renewals and when a title is won.

There will be blood. There will be glory.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1470852913mayhem5%20%282%29.jpg

DFC Mayhem 6 Preview by Jay Lawrence

Brought to you by Bad Company Clothing and Sin City Bookies

I, Jay Lawrence, am stepping in for the Gabe T.S. Gardner; the best damn writer in MMATycoon. Here is what we have going down at DFC Mayhem 6. In the main event and defending his title for the first time is Middleweight Champion Jon Laston facing off against a crowd favorite and undefeated Erik Larson. Let's take a closer look:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/43/43a1.jpg

Jon "Icon" Laston (295893)
25 years old from Chicago, Illinois
Managed by Josh Laston of Tycoon Alliance

Professional record of 6-1-0

DFC Record of 2-0

194cm tall
182 pounds
Last win vs. Harley Umbuku at DFC Sin City 1 on 7-23-16 (knockout)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26w8.jpg

Erik Larson (296735)

25 years old from Las Vegas, Nevada
Managed by Alfie Jackson of Legion of Doom
Profession record of 3-0-0 (all fights in DFC)

178cm tall
195 pounds
Last win vs. Avon Barksalot at DFC Sin City 2 on 7-30-16 (Rear Naked Choke)

These two fighters have quietly become two crowd favorites at DFC. Laston has scored all 6 of his wins in the first round and has shown explosive power in the stand up game. Larson is familiar with standup fighters, but none have been able to get him as he's quickly taken the fight to the mat and scored a submission in the first round of each of his fights. This is going to be a great main event, but expect for it to get over quickly. Both of these fighters attack at the touch of the gloves and both are aggressive fighters with a desire and ability to win.
Jay's prediction - Larson wins by submission round 1.

Co-Main Event
Maximus Ragnarsson (4-0-0) vs. Shane Myres (2-1-0)

-Shane Myres a former pro wrestler turned jiu-jitsu brown belt under Master Cox.

Maximus proved himself in QFC after taking 4 wins straight under the guidance of Jackson Wink. Under new management and with his sights set on the gold belt, Maximus is making is debut at DFC. Maximus is a king of clinch, taking every fight into the clinch and eliminating his opponents with short range strikes. Shane Myers gets things done on the ground. He is a meticulate fighter who carefully picks his time to strike and has the ability to endure heavy punches. Shane's only loss has come to fellow grappler and current champion, Andre Hendrix in a title fight at DFC Fight Night on 7-13-16. This one really could go either way, but if Ragnarsson wins, he might be the next in line for a title shot.

Jay's Prediction - Ragnarsson wins by KO Round 2.

Glenn Williamson (2-0-0) vs. Daniel Tinto (7-3-1)

-Fresh from The Island, Daniel Tinto is disappointed in his inability to prove himself in the tropical world. Drugs and alcohol have been Tinto's nemesis, but a will to win and a sober mind will help Tinto rise to greatness in the MMA world.

Williamson called out the most popular fighter in the weight class, Daniel Tinto, and probably for good reason. Both of these fighters are ground specialists taking the fight to the ground immediately and manipulating a win from there. Tinto is fresh from The Island and this will be his debut in DFC. Williamson is an experienced DFC fighter who has taken out 2 top opponents already. Expect a submission fest, but the better grappler should come out victorious.
Jay's Prediction - Williamson wins by submission in round 3.

Jack McVitie (2-1-0) vs. Harley Umbuku (2-1-0)

After Harley's attempt at becoming the champion at DFC Sin City 1, he has not shown his face much. His manager has been slightly inactive and this is a real opportunity for Harley to show the world he has what it takes to progress in the MMA world. Umbuku is a purple belt in BJJ and knows how to get fast submissions with his longest fight being 1:35. Umbuku's chin is questionable however as his one loss was a knockout after just 4 punches. McVitie is very likely the exact opponent Umbuku does not want to see. Jack has won both of his fights by TKO in the first round and is an aggressive standup fighter. Jack's abilities in the ground game are questionable however as his only loss came in against grappler Brandon Stark in Round 1 of DFC Mayhem 1.5. With both fighters being the exact fighter neither would want to fight, this should be a very interesting bout!

Jay's Prediction - McVitie wins by TKO in round 1.

Dean Wesson (3-1-0) vs. Robb Stark (2-0-0)

-Dean Wesson was born to fight. He is not here for the money or the fame. He is here to go to war with anyone willing to step in that cage with him.

Since every fight so far in this preview has been a grappler vs. a standup fighter, here I give you two balanced fighters hittin gthe cage. Dean "The Bounty Hunter" Wesson and Robb "King" Stark could not be more perfectly matched for each other. Dean is a great boxer, but also a great BJJ fighter making him a unique specimen that opponents have had difficulty adapting to. Dean lost his professional debut, but has won all 3 fights since. Two by submission and one by TKO. Robb Stark on the other hand is primarily a wrestler and BJJ artist, but both of his wins in his undefeated career have come by Knockout in the first round. These guys will bang in the stand up, the clinch, and the ground game, this should be an exciting fight with a potential fight of the night. This fight is very difficult to predict and will likely come down to the better manager of the two.

Jay's Prediction - Wesson wins by KO in round 2.

Combat Device (3-1-0) vs. Uriah Hall (2-0-0)

-A devastating striker with excellent KO power, Combat Device is a rare breed that focuses on accuracy above all. Combine that with heavy hands and feet, you've got a bad night for any challenger.

-Uriah Hall is a guy that was bullied throughout his life, and found solitude through mix martial arts. Now he dedicates his life to set an example that nothing is impossible.

These two fighters are very evenly matched. Device has a slight edge in boxing, but Hall is the better wrestler. Both fighters like to use their feet to finish their opponents and expect to see some great high flying kicks.

Jay's Prediction - Hall wins by head kick in round 1.

Marc Voss (3-0-0) vs. Hurrican Stinson Mosby (2-0-0)

This will be Voss' last fight with DFC and Mosby's first fight with DFC. Both enter undefeated, but only one will leave undefeated. Voss is an experienced boxer with wrestling background and Mosby is a ground fighter well versed in the stand up game. This fight is anyone's guess and the bookies at Sin City had a very difficult time setting the betting odds for this one.

Jay's Prediction - Mosby wins by decision.

Johnny Yocum (2-0-0) vs. Dustin Gardner (1-0-0)

Born in Grenada, Mississippi, Dustin Gardner moved to Russia when he was 18 as a part of a student exchange program. He fell in love with Russia and decided to live there. He keeps in contact with his parents, but now lives with his girlfriend. Gardner decided to take up MMA as a way to protect himself after he was mugged on a subway by a hooligan. Can speak Russian fluently and works in a convenience store.

I really love pitting two young undefeated fighters against each other. This is how you separate the men from the boys right here! Yocum has been training slightly longer, but Gardner is a couple years older. Yocum is a balanced fighter with no BJJ skills and Gardner is a balanced fighter to include BJJ. This should be a great matchup, but Gardner is the favorite to win here. If Gardner can get this fight to the ground, it should be his.

Jay's Prediction - Gardner wins by submission in round 2.

Samer Hussein (0-1-0) vs. Rob Zombie (0-0-0)

This fight pits two perfectly matched opponents. Samer has a bit more experience, but a knockout in two minutes of round 1 is not something to boast about. This is going to be a close matchup and expect to see a boxing match without the padded gloves. Someone will end up bloody in this one and I don't think it will be Rob Zombie.

Jay's Prediction - Zombie wins by KO in round 1.

Monday Blues (0-0-0) vs. Don Johnson (0-1-0)

Our opening fight of the night will coincidently be introducing the world to Monday Blues. Johnson is the better boxer and wrestler, but Blues has an edge in Muay Thai. I'll expect Blues to be looking for the clinch and Johnson trying to keep this at a distance. Either way, it is unlikely this will end up on the mat and this fight could be a deal maker or breaker for either fighter. Both fighters will be fighting to keep their jobs and I expect Blues to come out victorious. but it won't be easy.

Jay's Prediction - Blues wins by KO in round 1.

Mayhem 6 should be another exciting event for the fans of DFC. Will we crown a new champion? Will the debuting fighters go on to have long careers? Will Blues or Johnson be losing their job? Get your tickets now before their sold out, this will be a night to remember!

DFC: Sin City 5 (20 August 2016 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)
Sponsored by “Bad Company” fight wear
Bet on this card using “Sin City Bookies”

Gerard Butler defends his Welterweight title here at Sin City 5 against an undefeated challenger in Prince Rogers Nelson. A great card is in store as the 5th edition of Sin City will further prove how DFC – Las Vegas is making waves.

Fight 1
Ira “Funny” Wright 2-0-0 vs Andrey “Gold” Lobtov 12-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

A promising young up and comer in Wright, will have his greatest test by far in this fight by veteran, Lobtov: a former champion at both lightweight and welterweight. This might be a defining fight for DFC, as two of its most talented fighters are set for would could be an unbelievable contest. Wright has an incredible striking advantage over Lobtov, but gives up some ground in the wrestling department. This could be close and go the distance, but my gut is telling me that Wright will use his striking ability to open up Lobtov’s defences early, and will knock him out.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ira Wright Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Gerard “The Bounty Hunter” Butler 5-0-0 vs “Zombified” Prince Rogers Nelson 5-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Welterweight Championship

You can bet that both fighters involved in our main event will be keeping a close eye on this fight as Butler is preparing to make his first defence of his title. He comes up against a fighter with a 5-0 record as well, with one less knockout in Rogers Nelson. Both fighters are both very talented, and are similar in their styles, but I give the edge to Butler. He comes out of the gate a lot quicker and finds his rhythm earlier, and I think in this fight that will be the deciding factor.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Gerard Butler, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Voodoo Pizzaman 1-1-0 v Ingram Tottingham 4-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

This middleweight title fight is going to need to be a launching pad for Pizzaman, who lost to the now retired Dave Mustaine, and had a lot of his momentum taken. He needs to come back and show that he has that bounce-back-ability that champions are made of. He has a hell of a task in front of him however, as he is set to fight Ingram Tottingham, and undefeated BJJ practitioner who submitted Combat Device in the first round in his DFC debut. I do think that Pizzaman is promising, as he looked sharp in his debut, but I think that he comes up against a man with a rocket of momentum and his poor grappling ability will cost him.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ingram Tottingham, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 4
Chip “The Guru” Ryan 2-2-0 v Ali Patterson 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Ali Patterson has to be the clear favourite in my opinion, while I don’t want to take anything away from Ryan, a good fighter with a well-rounded skillset, I think he won’t be able to cope with the punching power of Patterson.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ali Patterson, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Justin Lichfield 2-0-0 v Jimmy “JB” Brunos 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

This fight at 135lbs is coming relatively early in the careers of both men, and both will be looking to take this opportunity with both hands and make a name for themselves. Lichfield, is predominantly a wrestler and is coming off of a fantastic start with two submission victories including one at DFC Mayhem 1. While JB has a good all-round game, I think Lichfield just has too much, and will make him tap out.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Justin Lichfield, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 6
Raylan Steele 1-0-0 v Keiran “The Record” McGuinness 3-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Two talented boxers are positioned to lock horns here, Steele, who won in a 3rd round knockout in his DFC debut is the favourite here, with terrific boxing ability. He gives up a slight reach advantage, but since McGuinness is going to try and keep this fight standing up, I think that he will be outperformed by a superior fighter.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Raylan Steele, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
Tim “The German” Arntz 0-2-0 v Richie “H+” Chaids 2-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

This light heavyweight is a simple breakdown for me, I think that despite good natural ability, Arntz has demonstrated bad game planning and instinct, and I think that Chaids will take advantage of that, and knock him out.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Richie Chaids, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
Ken Sugimori 0-1-0 v Daniel Robertson 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Everyone loves a good heavyweight fight, and hopefully these two newcomers can deliver in a fight of a weight division that has not always been well represented in the history of the sport. Sugimori, may be a very talented BJJ practitioner, but he lacks talent everywhere else, which is why I think that Robertson will be able to out grapple him using his wrestling ability to submit him.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Daniel Robertson, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 9
Jack “Knife” Pete 1-1-0 v Chris “Barath” Barath 1-3-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

This is a difficult fight to predict from two young fighters, who have had varied careers, Barath has good stand-up ability but judging from how brutal Pete KO’d his last opponent with a vicious head kick, and I think that kicking ability will play a part in his fight, and give him the W.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Jack Pete, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Anthony “Sexer” Clark 3-2-0 v Rustam “Zingling” McGee 2-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

An interesting opening contest for a great card here, with Clark, a fighter who has overcome odds in his two recent fight where he was named as the underdog, and beat the favourites to win, coming up against a talented BJJ practitioner in McGee. This fight I believe could be the one to end the recent hot streak of Clark, as I feel like McGee is a smarter fighter and will be able to take his opponent to the mat and strike him out in a flurry of blows.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Rustam McGee, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Sin City 5 is a fantastic card with a phenomenal main event that will in my eyes raise the bar for this rising organisation. Keep tabs on this company, as they are looking to get to the very top and this night will prove it.

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 1

Gabe T.S. Gardner's comments on DFC Sin City 5: Well Prince Rogers certainly proved me wrong, he came out like a man possessed and threw well over 100 strikes, landing a large amount of them, outscoring his opponent very easily. I give credit where credit is due to a tough cookie in Butler, but the better man clearly won; And if Rogers doesn't pick Wright as his first opponent after Wrights victory over 2 division former champ Lobtov, you can bet the fight after has gotta be that matchup, a tantalising prospect!

Final thoughts? I might hate Anthony Clark. Stop proving me wrong Anthony. Dick

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1470852913mayhem5%20(2).jpg

Review by Jay Lawrence

Opening Fight - Monday Blues vs. Don Johnson
Blues and Johnson were both making their debut at DFC here and with both only 18, it was a true mystery as to how this fight would turn out. Blues came in as the favorite and dominated the first round. Blues kept Johnson in the clinch and had conducted some surgery to Johnson's face. Johnson couldn't get away from Blues' clinch and it appeared Blues would soon knockout Johnson. Johnson held on however showing great heart and a strong chin.

I don't know what Johnson's cornerman told him, but he came out explosive in the second round. Johnson took Blues down to the ground and tried to set a submission, but Blues was not so easily convinced. The two rolled on the mat until the ref was bored of it and stood them up. Johnson again came in and took Blues to the map. Johnson showed some great wrestling and BJJ skills, but just couldn't find a way to make Blues tapout. Johnson controlled this round and Blues couldn't find a way to hurt Johnson here.

Johnson seemed a bit winded by the third round as Blues went back to his original tactics. Blues landed punch after punch, but Johnson refused to fall. Johnson could not find a takedown and he didn't change his tactics. This round was clearly won by Blues. After 15 minutes of action Blues, managed by Aylib 2.0, was determined the winner and began his rise in the DFC bantamweight rankings.

Fight 2 - Rob Zombie vs. Samer Hussein

Another fight with two opponents debuting themselves in DFC. Rob Zombie controlled every round whether in the standup or the clinch. Samer couldn't get a rhythm going and he endured a lot of pain to find himself on the losing end of this one. Zombie, managed by Michio Kaku, showed he is a contender and you better bet the top fighters in the DFC heavyweight division are keeping an eye on him.

Fight 3 - Johny Yocum vs. Dustin Gardner

This fighter started off with both fighters swinging for homeruns and neither able to land a shot. Yocum decided to pull the fight into the clinch and although he didn't do much from the clinch, this seemed to be when Yocum really began to take charge of the fight. Yocum started to find openings and picked some good power shots that really brought the heat to Gardner. An overhand right from Yocum followed by a left hook took Gardner off his feet and I would bet he is still seeing stars.

Fight 4 - Marc Voss vs. Hurricane Stinson Mosby

Marc Voss showed he has some serious power behind his fists. It only took 7 shots, to include a beautiful uppercut, and Voss had Mosby out cold. It is a shame Voss, managed by Marshall Jameson, has retired after this fight. Hopefully he decides to move into the free agency and can regain his career.

Fight 5 - Uriah Hall vs. Combat Device

Hall, managed by Frank Lampard, pulled this fight into the clinch a total of 23 times! He threw a few knee strikes, then disengaged. I think Combat Device was smoking marijuana before this fight because he seemed lost. He couldn't land a strike, but he sure could take one. Wierdly enough, he continued to smile almost as if he thought it was funny. What was wrong with him? Device was sent to the medics after the fight to provide a urine sample and the results are pending. In the mean time, Hall pounded on Combat for all 15 minutes of the fight and Hall will move on to his next opponent, hopefully that one is sober!

Fight 6 - Dean Wesson vs. Robb Stark

Dean, managed by Jax Stark, is really becoming a top fighter in DFC. Dean has won both of his career DFC fights and won them both in the first round. He is a master submissionist (yeah, that's a word now) and why Stark initiated the fight by taking Dean to the ground, I have no idea (maybe Stark was smoking the reefer with combat?). Dean finished the fight by closing a triangle with only 4 seconds left in the first round. For bringing the pain and making another BJJ purple belt tap, Wesson earned the Submission of the night award.

Fight 7 - Jack McVitie vs. Harley Umbuku

Jack really has improved a lot after losing to Brandon Stark over a month ago at Mayhem 1.5. Jack, managed by Alfie Jackson, showed off his fantastic aerobic skills and character as he pounced like a Tiger to crack Umbuku with a vicious hook knocking Umbuku out in just 27 seconds of the first round. For this unique and excellent display of showmanship McVitie won over the fans and this finished has is now trending on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Videos from this fight have received more world attention then any previous DFC fight and for that reason these two earned the Fight of the Night award.

Fight 8 - Glenn Williamson vs. Daniel Tinto

This truly was Williamson's fight, right from the start. Williamson appeared to so effortlessly control the fight, taking it to the ground game where Williamson excels. Tinto on the other hand was relentless. Tinto had a total of 30 submission attempts in this fight and was finally able to find the right one when he closed a guillotine from full guard forcing Williamson to tap before passing out at the 3:32 mark of round 3. This was a great battle between two masters of the grappling craft. Tinto came out ahead, but this fight really could have gone either way. If Williamson had been able to avoid the submission for just another minute and a half he would have been the clear victor.

Co-Main Event - Maximus Ragnarsson vs. Shane Myers

Maximus, managed by Kjell Svard, goes 5-0 after teaching Myers a lesson or two about the clinch game. Maximus didn't miss a single shot; he hit Myers for 20 head shots and 10 body shots from the clinch and was sensational to watch. Maximus changed it up with uppercuts, hooks, and even shoulder strikes. Myers couldn't find a way to block the mayhem or counter it. That is, until Myers fell to his knees and ultimate to the mat, then it stopped. Maximus really showed himself in this performance and he moved himself to the top of the 145lb weight class. Maximus will likely be getting a title shot in the near future.

Main Event - Jon Laston vs. Erik Larson

Wow! I expected Larson to dominate this fight, but Jon Laston is champ for a reason! Laston stuffed a takedown and found Larson with an uppercut to the face that sent Larson into the cage and caused Larson to bounce right back to Laston. Laston used this opportunity to hit Larson with a combination that caused his feet to wobble, then Laston faked a right hand and scored with a left dropping Larson to his knees. Laston closed the distance and Larson tried to clinch with Laston out of desparation, but Laston just pushed Larson away and kept punching him. Larson tapped out under the barrage of punches from Laston. With only 25 seconds of fighting, Laston retained his championship title and continues on as the DFC Middleweight Champion. For his utter destruction of a formidable opponent, Laston earned the KO of the night award.

Congratulations to the DFC fighters who won their bouts. DFC Mayhem 6 received the highest rating to date of a DFC event (113.56). It also had a sold out crowd and really setup for DFC Sin City 5 on Saturday night. Sin City 5 review to be released later this week.

"Mysterious" Billy Smith: Hey there,

I wanted to first say that I am very grateful for the oppurtunity given to me by Mr. Jay Lawrence; I intend to make good on my contract and give the most hard hitting, visceral and entertaining performances that I can give. Next, and this is addressing everyone in the Featherweight division: Don't be fooled by my 4-3-0 record, if you think I'll go down easy, then you are welcome to try your luck - I could always use an easy fight.

For the champion, Mr. Hendrix (or whoever may take his place before I am afforded a title opportunity) I am coming for what is yours, and I know as of right now, that I could clean out the division in its current state, be on red alert baby.

Mr. Lawrence, as soon as you can schedule a fight for me, I will jump at the chance. DFC: I am here...

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1470854325oie_ysffWWZf0aCl.gif

Sin City 5 Review by Jay Lawrence

This event was DFC's best ever. DFC was the hit of Las Vegas Saturday night as The Underground arena was packed and a large crowd of people lined the streets to watch the fight on the big screen on the side of The Underground arena. Security personnel were busy as the emotional fights stirred up the worst in people. In attendance at The Underground were a few familiar faces such as Jay Z, Beyonce, two unknown actor wantabees from The Bachelor, and sitting in as guest commentator was Baltimore Ravens retired football player Ray Lewis. With an event rating of 136.73, Sin City 5 is now DFC's best ever event.

Opening Fight - Anthony Clark vs. Rustam McGee ***UNDERDOG WIN***

McGee started off the fight strong taking Clark to the ground with a few nice ground strikes and a couple hits from the clinch to include a nice uppercut. Round 1 started off as being very exciting and it was unsure who would win this fight by the end of round 1. McGee was the favorite to win the fight and continued to be the favorite after round 1. In round 2 Clark seemed to have figured McGee out and Clark began controlling the fight. Clark was taking McGee down with ease and landing some brutal ground strikes that McGee had trouble defending. The fight still looked close, but McGee lose his rhythm and Clark was capitalizing. Round 3 went the distance, but Clark again seemed to control the fight. Perhaps McGee was gassed, but Clark was stuffing every takedown attempt and landing some very nice takedowns followed by a little ground and pound. Clark dominated round 3 and with 2 rounds to 1, Clark, managed by Donny Darkow took home the victory. This was an excellent fight which really go the fans excited for the next fight.

Chris Barath vs. Jack Pete ***UNDERDOG WIN***

Perhaps Jack Pete thought this fight was a wrestling match and forgot this is MMA where glory is earned through delivering pain. Pete had some nice takedowns and clinches against Barath which would've scored some points in an Olympic wrestling match, but didn't hurt Barath and didn't score any points here. Barath had trouble getting anything going, but he was able to capitalize on a mistake by Pete and grab a hold of a large portion of Pete's neck. Barath sank an arm triangle resembling a WWF sleeper hold and it caused Pete to do exactly what those actors in the WWF did - Go to sleep. Barath won in round 1 and Pete is still trying to remember his name. This was a great victor by the underdog Barath who is managed by Sathish Kumar and has really had an up and down MMA career so far.

Daniel Robertson vs. Ken Sugimori

This fight was very one sided. Robertson controlled every aspect of this fight and Ken must've forgotten to eat his Wheaties. Ken appeared to have no energy here and Robertson was throwing Ken around like an instructor would in a sparring session. Hopefully Ken Sugimori takes this lesson into his next fight because at 0-2-0, Ken's MMA career is really appearing fragile. Robertson, managed by John Pinaglabana is really showing off well at 2-0-0 he is a top prospect at DFC and one to watch in the future.

Tim Arntz vs. Richard Chaids ***UNDERDOG WIN***

With a third underdog victory in just 4 fights, this fight really got the fans going. Chaids appeared to be the better fighter and took the fighter wherever he wanted, he just wasn't throwing any strikes and couldn't get in position to attempt a submission. Arntz was taking his shots whenever he could and finished the fight with a nice counter right hand to Chaid's face followed by an onslaught of power shots while Chaids was defenseless against the cage. Chaids fell to the mat and the crowd went wild. Arntz, managed by Alfie Jackson, was able to get his first career victory after a rocky start of 0-2 and it was in good fashion by knocking out the undefeated Richard Chaids!

For the underdog victory, a great knockout, and for taking out an undefeated opponent, Tim Arntz earned the KO of the Night Award.

Raylan Steele vs. Keiran McGuiness

I love it when two boxers meet in the steel cage! These two youngsters are no exception. However, Steele was clearly the standup fighter here. McGuiness moved around well, but just lacked any aggressiveness. You can't win a fight blocking the whole time Keiran! The crowd was cheering for Keiran telling him to throw a punch, but he seemed content to dance around the ring and Steele appeared content to punish him for it. Maybe Keiran was hoping for a longer fight? But, ya know that isn't going to happen against Raylan Steele who dropped Keiran with a huge right hand. Raylan Steele, managed by Abe Beasley, is off to a great MMA start and I look forward to watching him in the future. Even Ray Lewis waited until after the fights to get an autograph from Raylan.

Justin Lichfield vs. Jimmy Brunos

Justin Lichfield is definitely a fan favorite now. Lichfield, managed by Logan McDonald, was utterly spectacular in this fight. Brunos is no pushover, but he was no match for Lichfield. Lichfield took this fight to the ground and from the ground he landed 55 BOMBS on Bruno's face. Lichfield kept trying to find a submission, but Brunos is a slippery fella and Lichfield couldn't get anything locked in. Lichfield left the fight to the judges, but there was no question who won this fight. Congrats to Lichfield, the ground game master!

Ali Patterson vs. Chip Ryan

If this fight had gone 5 rounds, this could've been a much different outcome. Patterson dominated every aspect of this fight through the first two rounds, with very little action. But by the third round hit perhaps Ryan decided he wanted to fight. Ryan took Patterson to the ground and unleashed HELL. Ryan dropped hit after hit on Patterson and how Patterson didn't tap or pass out, I don't know. Round 3 was exciting and had all the fans standing on their feet cheering for Ryan who seemed asleep in the first two rounds. Ryan landed 20 ground strikes and went for 4 subs, but he just couldn't finish this fights. Some argue if this fight were whole fight rules Ryan would be the winner. But it's not, and Ali Patterson, managed by Anthony Patt, persuaded the judges. For an exhilarating fight which got the crowd going and made ESPN News, well done to both fighters!

Ingram Tottingham vs. Voodoo Pizzaman

As these fighters were making it to the cage several fans were holding up pictures of Voodoo in front of their faces. Others were holding up Voodoo's pizza boxes and it was clear Voodoo is a crowd favorite. With his makeup and hair he really bring a different element to the MMA world. But, can he fight? Voodoo started off strong, keeping this fight in the standup and punishing Ingram 9 times in a row for attempted takedowns. Voodoo seemed to have the fight in the bag, but Ingram was persistent and resilient. Ingram was able to find a takedown into half guard and from then on Voodoo looked like a fish out of water. Ingram went for submission after submission as Voodoo struggled and wriggled his way out of every attempt. Just as Voodoo began standing up Ingram was able to find an arm and moved into an arm triangle causing Voodoo to squeal in pain and tap out. After the fight, Voodoo reached for a hand shake from Ingram, but then faked the hand shake and kneed Ingram directly in the testicles. This unsportsmanlike act from Voodoo fined him $50,000 from DFC (more than he made from the fight) but earned him thousands of fans around the world.

For his persistence and ability to overcome a barrage of punches, Ingram Tottingham earned the Submission of the Night Award.

Welterweight title fight - Prince Rogers Nelson vs. Gerard Butler ***UNDERDOG VICTORY***

Round 1 was very close as both fighters traded heavy punches back and forth. This continued through every round with Nelson showing he was clearly the more aggressive fighter. This fight went all 25 minutes and the entire arena was creating a roar of sound cheering these fighters on. The fight was so inspirational several small fights began in the crowd in between rounds. Luckily DFC security was on hand and quickly quelled those issues. I think Ray Lewis had a heart attack watching this one and I never thought he could lose his voice but it was sure sounding hoarse by the end of this fight. This was 25 minutes of pure action between these fighters with a total of 199 head punches thrown! Now, these fighters only wear small pads on their hands, there isn't any gloves here. Both fighters, with bloodies faces and wore out bodies, mustered enough energy to shake hands and even hug it out after this one. I nice transition from Voodoo's degenerative act in the last fight. This was an amazing fight and if a champion is going to lose his title, this is how it should be - in an epic battle of blood and glory. Congrats to the new champion Prince Rogers Nelson, managed by Jackson Wink, who will be defending his title against the ruthless Ira Wright on 9-10-2016 at DFC Sin City 8.

For this epic fight that will be remembered for a long time to come, both these fighters earned the DFC Fight of the Night award.

MAIN EVENT - Ira Wright vs. Andrey Lobtov

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14611773858868.pngvshttp://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14541185549142.jpg

Although this fight did not have a lot of the big punches, kicks, or flashy moves, this was a true fight of grappling skill which only a trained grappler could really appreciate. These two fighters displayed excellent technique, patience and a master of their craft here in this fight. Ira Wright threw the first punch right after the touch of the gloves and the fight was ON. Lobtov took Ira to the mat, but wasn't able to do much from there. The first round was mostly uneventful from here on as Ira escaped every attempt Lobtov had at finishing the fight early. All judges scored Ira the winner of this round, but to the untrained eye Lobtov appeared to be the dominant one.

Round 2 was much of the same. Ira stuffed a takedown and Lobtov followed that up with an immediate second takedown which this time worked. Lobtov kept transitioning into better positioning and attempted several submissions, but Ira wouldn't take and found a way out of every thing Lobtov had to offer. This round remained on the mat and Lobtov could not find a way to win it. Despite his lack of finishing the fight, Lobtov was still able to score the win for this round on all judge cards.

Round 3 gave us our first clinch. Wright went straight to the clinch as the fighters approached in the middle of the cage. Ira got in a nice head punch from the clinch which probably would've knocked out half the MMA fighters out there, but Lobtov fought throught it and managed to take Wright to the mat again. Once there, Lobtov controlled every aspect of the fight but could not find a way to finish the fight. Wright won this round on every judge cards and with 2 out of 3 rounds, Wright who is manged by David Brent, took the decision victory. Wright finished the fight asking for a title fight and that is exactly what he will get on 9-10-2016 at DFC Sin City 8, stay tuned!

Breaking records and pushing DFC into the top 40 fighting organizations, Sin City 5 was a huge success. Thank you to all the fighters and mangers who participated and a special congratulations to all the winners who made history on this day.