• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Timqwe

Timqwe

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

I had actually responded to that already, but the fight offer stays standing until the matchmaker pulls it. I opted to drop out since I was under the expectation that only the top fighters would continue in the tournament. I've been neglecting his training too much to be competitive anyways.

15017318482-familia.jpg\

#42 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

This time you will not have so much luck Jostrzebsky

This time you will not have so much luck Jostrzebsky
This time you will not have so much lucThis time you will not have so much luck JostrzebskyThis time you will not have so much This time you will not have so much luck JostrzebskyThis time you will not have so much luck Jostrzebsky

This time you will not have so much luck Jostrzebsky ;) 

Romanian 'll gets u

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#43 JoeLang

JoeLang

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

14602447964753.jpg

Joseph "Joey-J" Jostrzebski (292065)

So my opponent is announced for the next round and i gotta say Mircea Lucarescu pushed me to the edge.

Can't say i am looking forward to this as i am the only loss on his record and he will look to avenge that. However i can't let that happen and once i get through you it looks like i am on a path to get my rematch against Snoats if he wins.

Things are heating up and there are no easy fights from here!

14517053991445420289jn4YIJK.jpg

Sully's Bar & Grill - Now Open in London!

Click here for the latest news and updates!

Xp9mOmT.jpg?1    1376065122corporation4.png

#44 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Due to an ID restriction problem, my brother Mircea Lucarescu is out of the road to gold tournament :weeping: , good luck to the remnants and I will do my best in the rematch against Joseph ..

bargraph.gif vs.gif weight.gifeye.gif help2.jpg Mircea "Romanian Bad Guy" Lucarescu (285281)

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#45 dvjmw

dvjmw

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Didn't he start the tournament with the same ID? He fought then, and no one complained. Why doesn't he fight now? I guess he doesn't want to take another LOSS. Shameful, just shameful!

1s1d75.jpg collage%20Disciple_zpsnbdvpypw.jpg makmmv.jpg

The Disciples

#46 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

I was simply informed that he could not continue because of this restriction, strange because I had already done 3 fights in the tournament since the old model, but as he informed, rules are rules, I can do nothing at the moment.

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#47 Rei

Rei

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:27 AM

Didn't he start the tournament with the same ID? He fought then, and no one complained. Why doesn't he fight now? I guess he doesn't want to take another LOSS. Shameful, just shameful!

The fight was already been booked before I realised there was the ID issue. Honestly, I'm not sure how it managed to get past me, I even sent the fuckin contract to that fighter myself lol.

Hiccup after hiccup in this tournament it seems, fuckin' hell

Bracket for next round

07f8e929026d42968fbb71862b9890ab.png

#48 dvjmw

dvjmw

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 669 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

Understand I don't fight him anyway, Elijah has is hands full with Hillary Trump.

1s1d75.jpg collage%20Disciple_zpsnbdvpypw.jpg makmmv.jpg

The Disciples

#49 JoeLang

JoeLang

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

14602447964753.jpg

Joseph "Joey-J" Jostrzebski (292065)

Well whatever the controversy, i have proven that he is beatable and i will do it again.

While i always go into fights thinking i will win, i will not underestimate him as Mircea pushed me to my limit last time and i  expect nothing less from him.

Let's make it a good one!

14517053991445420289jn4YIJK.jpg

Sully's Bar & Grill - Now Open in London!

Click here for the latest news and updates!

Xp9mOmT.jpg?1    1376065122corporation4.png

#50 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

hahahaha easy life Joseph "Joey-J" Jostrzebski (292065)

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#51 Rei

Rei

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Well, the first round of this knockout stage took place this morning, and the results are in:

Elijah Judah defeats Hilary Trump by Decision (Unanimous)

Mircea Lucarescu defeats Joseph Jostrzebski by Decision (Unanimous)

Mike McLaughlin defeats Harry Daebak by TKO (Strikes)

Gale Snoats defeats Lahiru Samarakoon by Decision (Unanimous)

Unfortunately, like previously stated, Micea Lucarescu can not continue in the tournament due to being outside of the elected ID range. This was a mistake on my part, as I allowed the fighter to enter the competition without even noticing that their ID was outside of the rules. Because of a mistake of mine costing Joseph his place in the tournament, I will be allowing him to continue to the next round as if he had won this one. I hope you understand that this wasn't a favorable situation for me, or either manager involved and I feel this is the best decision moving forward. 

The updated bracket is as follows:

d8F133M.png

Good luck in your upcoming fights, gentlemen - the true challenge begins now!

#52 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

Thank you to everyone, leaving the tournament without resentment and with the feeling of accomplishment and that could come out as tournament champion, and one more thing, joseph, you will never be the champion hahahahaha

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#53 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

My guy is in the semis vs a guy coming off two straight losses? This is as retarded as it gets. What a shit show this turned into it.

#54 Rei

Rei

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

My guy is in the semis vs a guy coming off two straight losses? This is as retarded as it gets. What a shit show this turned into it.

It's definitely an unfavorable situation as I mentioned before, but I still believe its the best way to move forward. None of the other former competitors are more worthy of that spot in the semis than Joseph, and allowing Mircea to progress despite breaking the rules would be absurd in my opinion. I can only appologise for how this tournament has played out with the constant dropouts and compromises, but shit I've tried my best to work around the issues. I understand your frustration, as you have every right to be annoyed.

Joseph's manager is willing to step out and give you the BYE if you feel that this match is unacceptable, so from here it is your choice.

It's a learning experience, and if I am to run a tournament again in the future - best believe it'll be elimination all the way through and not have a round robin stage lol.

#55 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

Rei, I know it would be against the rules, but if you analyze the specific situation, I believe that 5k range is not something so unfavorable as to be an unacceptable fight, except that my fighter has smaller primary attributes even than ID More recent than that of Mircea, besides no one else has opposed such a situation, he is a 23 year old guy .. But if you decided that way, I'll try to find a place in another organization ... Cheers

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#56 Rei

Rei

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Rei, I know it would be against the rules, but if you analyze the specific situation, I believe that 5k range is not something so unfavorable as to be an unacceptable fight, except that my fighter has smaller primary attributes even than ID More recent than that of Mircea, besides no one else has opposed such a situation, he is a 23 year old guy .. But if you decided that way, I'll try to find a place in another organization ... Cheers

I know he's not necessarily as skilled or more so than some of the other guys but its a matter of consistency. As of right now, every fighter in Bushido must be within the 290k ID range and I don't want to make exceptions for one fighter, as I may as well push the ID range back for everyone if that was the case. In the future we will likely drop back to 285, but as of right now that isn't happening. Appologies.

#57 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

I'd rather have Snoats fight Lucarescu.  I'm not too concerned with the 7k ID difference.  I dont see how you can have the guy fight in your org 4 times and then disqualify him. 

#58 Rei

Rei

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

I'd rather have Snoats fight Lucarescu.  I'm not too concerned with the 7k ID difference.  I dont see how you can have the guy fight in your org 4 times and then disqualify him. 

I was unaware he was below the ID range, I hadn't noticed and no one had pointed it out. If I had him continue then I'd have to edit the division to be a 285 one, and that's not something I want to do at the moment.

So yeah, the choices for Snoats are either to fight Joey in the semis, or take the BYE and move on to the finals.

#59 markvinny

markvinny

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

good luck snoats

SIGNATURE.jpg

GSP P4P KING !

#60 moneyhughes

moneyhughes

White Belt

• Manager
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Looks to be great

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bushido, 290, Bantamweight, Tournament, 290K+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users