Hey guys, please bear in mind this is my first time hosting a tournament, so while i think i have given as much info as possible, if i have forgotten anything i may add/delete things as needed. Cheers!
Hello everyone! I'm James "Sully" McGuiness, owner of Sully's Bar & Grill, part time MMA fighter and recently a KT vet! And as a KT vet, I am proud to announce:
The EFFA Featherweight Junior Grand Master of KT Tournament!
What is this tournament? Well, KT is a dying breed and we have been working behind the scenes to hopefully rebuild the KT division and add some depth. As our older KT fighters retire and fade away, we need to rebuild with a new generation. And what better way to do it than to hold a tournament!
We hope to encourage young fighters to sign up to KT and hopefully we can build a division around them.
I am happy to announce that we have had lots of interest in this, so hopefully we can get this tournament going.
Rules of the tournament:
- Fighters must be 18 years old (creation date Sunday 9th August, 2015! DO NOT create a fighter before this!!)
- Fights will take place in EFFA so you must make it to Amsterdam for your fights!
- Starting contracts will be 5 fights at $4000/$3000/$3000
- Fights will be 5x3 minute rounds (The Final will be 5x5min rounds)
- Fights will be 10 point must system
- Fighters will have 4 weeks to train after creation date. First round is Sunday 6th September 2015, then it is 3 weeks between fights
- Fighters MUST make the 145 limit on fight day
- Testing of fighters IS allowed. However, being a KT tournament you run the risk of drawing a grappler in a Quick Fight and losing by sub. If you choose to sack your guy you can still replace him up until the start of the tournament, but note you will be at a disadvantage because your guy will be created later.
- Knockout Tournament, so once you lose you are out of the tourney *
- In the event of a draw, a panel will be chosen to choose a winner (with the loser getting a rematch down the line)
- Fights MUST be accepted. This is a tournament! No reason to decline a fight in a tournament. Declining a fight will result in forfeit, resulting with an alternate replacing you.
- While not compulsory, smack talk is encouraged! But remember this is meant to be FUN so talk smack, be arrogant. But keep it IN CHARACTER and don't make/take it personal.
- Also not compulsory, but visit MMA Hype for the official tournament gear! All proceeds go to the prize pool! Get in there!!!!
- Draw will be random, will ask someone to make the draw
- (That's all i can think of at the moment but will add more if i feel the need to)
* Now while this is an elimination tournament, I encourage you all to stick around even if you lose in the first round. Who knows? With the right training you might be able to bounce back to avenge your loss! The aim of this tournament is to build a division! Who knows, with inactives you may even get a recall!!
What we are all waiting for. Now compared to other tournaments, this isn't a big prize pool. But I have had a lot of people offering donations as prizes. So keep your eyes peeled here as there is sure to be more added as the tournament grows.
1st Prize: 3 months VIP (Or free fighter slot) + $500k ($500k Thanks to Mr J)
2nd Prize: $250k (Thanks to Rocket Sausage)
3rd Prize: $100k
$50k for KO of the Tourney and $50k each to Fight of the Tourney (Thanks to Bjorn)
$50k to the fastest Head Kick (T)KO (Thanks to Goon)
$100k Fight Comeback of the Season (Judged and kindly donated by wolf)
Plus keep your eyes open for other prizes that will pop up from now until the start of the competition! I am excited!!
Edited by jhinh, 09 September 2015 - 01:00 PM.