PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

OliWood

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bookie question: Why can't I bet on both fighters at different places. I'd like to spread my bets around a bit depending on who gives what odds for a fight to hopefully minimize losses, but I'm currently unable to bet on fighter A at Bookie 1, then fighter B at Bookie 2.

Bookie question: Why can't I bet on both fighters at different places. I'd like to spread my bets around a bit depending on who gives what odds for a fight to hopefully minimize losses, but I'm currently unable to bet on fighter A at Bookie 1, then fighter B at Bookie 2.

It's only fair that you can't.

I would hope that you didnt cos it's not supposed to let you.

Why can't we do multiple bets at different bookies?

If one guy sets marak at +650, and another sets YB Sol at -100, I'd like to be able to take advantage of the different odds set by different bookies by betting on both of them.

Why can't we do multiple bets at different bookies?

If one guy sets marak at +650, and another sets YB Sol at -100, I'd like to be able to take advantage of the different odds set by different bookies by betting on both of them.

Primarily so that people can't bet lots of money on any fight - the bet limit is $250 which makes fight fixing largely pointless. I don't want the bookies to turn into an endless quest to dig out cheaters, so by keeping the numbers relatively low, it's still fun for everyone who play properly but also pretty much pointless for people who cheat.

It's impossible to lose on both outcomes unless you changed the odds a lot during the time people place bets.

Didn't change the odds. But you can log in through my account can't you? You can take a look at it. Less people bet on Max Marak, so if Sol wins, my income is like 80$, but I lose 100-something. If Marak wins, my income is like 90$ and I lose almost 300 bucks. Or maybe I'm stupid, I dunno...

Also, if everyone would bet on the winner and no one would bet on the loser, I would only lose money, wouldn't I?

will bookies be following suit to real life bookies and if a flood of money falls on a fighter be shifting their odds to reflect it.

Also on the in game event betting are we not opening the door to the possibility of cheating, fixed fights etc. People agreeing fees secretly to put there guy in with poor game plans or maybe fatigued etc. Leading to people flooding large sums in and making money from fixing and at the same time rinsing the bookie out of serious cash.

I mean it happens in real life.

Didn't change the odds. But you can log in through my account can't you? You can take a look at it. Less people bet on Max Marak, so if Sol wins, my income is like 80$, but I lose 100-something. If Marak wins, my income is like 90$ and I lose almost 300 bucks. Or maybe I'm stupid, I dunno...

Also, if everyone would bet on the winner and no one would bet on the loser, I would only lose money, wouldn't I?

You do realize that your whole job as a bookie is to set the odds so that you have even profit/loss on both sides of the fight, right?

Bookies release odds based on how they think the betting public will bet so that they ensure they do not win or lose too much money - if there appears to be significant action on one side or the other, the bookie will adjust the odds to compensate.

$95.00 YB Sol (1.25) v (3.70) Max Marak $71.00

If YB Sol wins then you pay out $23.75 ($118.75-$95) and take in $71 = net profit $47.25

If Max Marak wins then you pay out $191.70 ($262.70-$71) and take $95 = net loss $96.70