Who is planning on making a bookies?

MMATycoon

Yup

Darn, I hoped I'd get to keep it. I had a whole plan how to cheat money out of people. I would've placed a ridiculous odd (Everyone would think I'm stupid and take advantage of it.) on one of my fighters' fights and then train him up in the last week so he would miss weight. My plan is ruined! *cries* j/k, actually. I just made the plan up, as I was typing it. lol, but it was a good plan. :D

I think the odds setting is pretty tricky to do, and would very much appreciate if it was possible to set a different cut for different events, and individual fights, ideally. As it is now it seems to update all the odds I've already set if I change the stake afterwards, I don't think that should influence odds that are already set.

I'd also really like to be able to adjust the odds on freehand after the cut has been set.

Just an example: say the cut puts them on 1.87 vs 1.87, or 1.77 vs 1.97 after I've done some adjusting. I'd then like a text input box next to each odds so I could change just one of them, or both to any specific value as I like.

(I'm sure I'll get the hang of it tomorrow when I have more time to play around, but these are suggested improvements.)

I think the odds setting is pretty tricky to do, and would very much appreciate if it was possible to set a different cut for different events, and individual fights, ideally. As it is now it seems to update all the odds I've already set if I change the stake afterwards, I don't think that should influence odds that are already set.

I'd also really like to be able to adjust the odds on freehand after the cut has been set.

Just an example: say the cut puts them on 1.87 vs 1.87, or 1.77 vs 1.97 after I've done some adjusting. I'd then like a text input box next to each odds so I could change just one of them, or both to any specific value as I like.

(I'm sure I'll get the hang of it tomorrow when I have more time to play around, but these are suggested improvements.)

This is madness!

I'm gonna have to push a bit more for this.

One quite obvious example of when this would be praticularly useful is if you've put too high odds on an underdog and hardly anything on the favourite, then you might want to slash the underdog odds while not raising the odds for the champ (as that would lower your cut).

In the same situation you could also choose to raise the odds for the fave more instead (withouth necessarily dropping odds for the underdog), choosing to lower your cut for that fight.

As it is now it seems to update all the odds I've already set if I change the stake afterwards, I don't think that should influence odds that are already set.

This too. If I see that a too high cut isn't working for one event for example, and want a lower one for the next, it really shouldn't influence the already set odds unless one chooses to make it so.

And it's worth pointing out that any tweaking of the odds after bets have been placed (which is already possible) also changes the cut, my suggestion just adds more control.

Also: The figure for "potential losses" seems to me to like it's what I would lose if both fighters win in every fight?

It should probably be the maximum possible payout minus pending bets. -- (latest add:) This seems to be important as it might limit how many bets one can take.

Lastly, it could be very useful if you change the odds after bets have been placed to be able to see how many bets have been placed on a fighter at what odds.

(edit: I'll just keep adding things here 'til someone buts in)

Sorry for the monologue, but I figured no ones gonna notice all the new stuff in the old post unless the thread lights up with a new post..

Another thing I'd like to see is some kind of notification of what fights have been bet on since I last checked the bookies-manager page. Just a little asterisk next to them or something like that.

The bookies took about 4 months to get to where they are. They're not getting developed any more than they are now. Real bookmakers don't manually alter odds to have different stakes so we're not going to either.

Yes, as described in the wiki, max potential losses if you lost every bet placed. This is to keep it simple. If you want to have more money in the system to cover bets, you'll have to put more money in.

Sorry for sounding abrupt but there has to be a point at which programming stops on something that already works. Bookies work. They work fine. Infact they work well. If this was a bookmakers game then we would spend forever making them perfect but as with all individual companies, they are just part of the larger game and cannot take an unproportionally large amount of time compared to what those minor improvements add to the game.

The bookies took about 4 months to get to where they are. They're not getting developed any more than they are now. Real bookmakers don't manually alter odds to have different stakes so we're not going to either.

Yes, as described in the wiki, max potential losses if you lost every bet placed. This is to keep it simple. If you want to have more money in the system to cover bets, you'll have to put more money in.

Sorry for sounding abrupt but there has to be a point at which programming stops on something that already works. Bookies work. They work fine. Infact they work well. If this was a bookmakers game then we would spend forever making them perfect but as with all individual companies, they are just part of the larger game and cannot take an unproportionally large amount of time compared to what those minor improvements add to the game.

I cant wait to open one up, thats my fortee (sp?)

I'm fine with there being no changes, I agree that things work like they are, just saying there are things that could be improved for convenience's sake basically, but I understand if you don't want to touch bookies again for a long long time.

Real bookies certainly do adjust their odds any way they bloody well like, but it's fine with me if we can't.