UFC 235 Jones vs Smith Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Missed everything after the first round. Hard to believe I was first in the league a few weeks. Now I'm probably under the black bar already. Doesn't look good, Herb Dean is the ref for the main Event.

I hope Jeremy Stephens knocks the muslim out of Zhabit lol... but dude is really good and comfortable in there.

Picking Cody over Munhoz is a mistake imo. Could be wrong, but I see Cody getting soundly beaten here.

Usman vs Woodley is a really tough fight to call... that's one of them fights where if they went at it 10 times, one of them might win 6.

Damn. If Woodley fights like that he'll never win another fight lol.

I think Woodley gassed a bit going for that early guillotine, and taking a dozen or more punches to the body while he was locked up certainly didn't do him any favors. But that performance, man, that's not good for his stock... and he's a really talented fighter so it's a damn shame. I don't think Tyron threw a single kick... which baffles me considering his legs are the size of Usman's body. Really thought he'd attack the lead leg of an aggressive fighter trying to push him against the cage. :yawn:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Zabit fouls Stephens three times and barely gets a warning. Teymur lost a point after one poke. UFC needs to get all the refs together and get this shit sorted.

exactly ...

and Jones keeps doing his fingers outstretched thing almost all the time and referees are blind

and what was that kick thing he did when Smith was down ... I don't know whether it landed or not BUT even the commentators overlooked it and started talking other stuff...

even the knee ... when Greg Hardy did that everyone was so shocked and upset and hateful ... and when Jones did that it's alright (yes a point was deducted..but I mean come on ) :/

Woodley was not Woodley at all...that was a poor performance by a champion ... it was like RDA beating Pettis or TJ vs Barao all over again

but Pettis and Barao kind of did better than Woodley

Usman was dominant and executed the gameplan well with pressure on Woodley ..but the dude should really finish fights ...

Jeremy Stephens could have done better gainst Zabit ...if he had more output, without waiting for the one punch KO ... that power Stephens has became his downfall in this fight ...more volume and pressure would have been interesting

and Zabit was gassing out in the 3rd round ... that's interesting as well

Cody ..OH CODY :D like TJ said Cody is dangerous with his power and hands but he "isn't the sharpest tool in the shed"

Im wondering how this Askren situation plays out. Do you guys think they should make a rematch?

I don't want to see it. I think it's one of those fights where you just shrug and move on. Lawler should be in the fun fight only matchup spectrum and although I don't think askren will ever be champ, they should let him progress on that route. A top 5 win for him makes him a legit contender. No reason to burn up one more fight of two past their prime fighters. Especially when it would be unlikely to be as wild or interesting as the original fight

I don't want to see it. I think it's one of those fights where you just shrug and move on. Lawler should be in the fun fight only matchup spectrum and although I don't think askren will ever be champ, they should let him progress on that route. A top 5 win for him makes him a legit contender. No reason to burn up one more fight of two past their prime fighters. Especially when it would be unlikely to be as wild or interesting as the original fight

nail on the head