Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

Love this stuff!  Great job!

#82 aylib

aylib

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:54 PM

Excellent work; its great to be a part of such an active org!

#83 WingerDaddy

WingerDaddy

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

Excellent work; its great to be a part of such an active org!

1510498238RFL_logo.png1510506114ezgif-3-ad2d6f6f50.gif15354600372dvtvdf_th.jpg

#84 Demo

Demo

White Belt

• Manager
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

1541454890proving%20grounds.jpg

Hard to top last week’s fantastic event but here’s hoping that Proving Grounds (pun alert…) “proves” to be equally as good if not better.  Top of the billing goes to to new additions to the JAG stable with Romero and Bussa crossing swords in London on Saturday.

Joel Romero                            Head Bussa

Record 6-0-0 (W-L-D)             MMA 9-4-0 (W-L-D)

33w15.jpg       40b18.jpg

Two very experienced fighters take to the ring for the top billing with Joel being undefeated in his 6 previous outings.  Stats on this fight show that Bussa is the much better boxer and Romero definitely stronger in MT, Wrestling and BJJ. Romero is a belt holder from his previous org where he held the 205lb division belt.  All of Romeros wins to date have been by way of Submission and all have ended in the first round as well so he is an aggressive fighter. Given Romero’s talent in groundwork it’s not surprising that he tries to get all his opponents to the floor as quick as possible and don’t expect this to change on Saturday, he will try not to stay standing for too long and if he can get him to the ground it gonna be lights out for Bussa and this fight is over…  However don’t expect Bussa to go down easy as this is a man that is a somewhat decent wrestler and is a powerful boxer, he can mix his methods of attack up and can throw a punch or slip into some ground and pound so Romero might not actually get it all his way if the fight goes to ground. Bussa’s nine wins have came by way of 3 TKO and 6 Decisions so this man has an engine that can run and run whereas Romero hasn’t had to go more than one round to date.  Bussa can definitely swing his hands as in one of his previous wins by decision he swung his hammers over 100 times over the course of the fight but admittedly they were wild enough until he got better hits with his ground strikes when he hit 50% of the time from 22 ground strikes. This fight should be interesting with the two contrasting styles on show.

Next up is a JAG regular Drunk against a JAG noob in the form of Smith

Punch Drunk                               Hunter Smith

Record 6-2-0 (W-L-D)                Record 5-1-0 (W-L-D)

20w14.jpg       34w9.jpg

Drunk is the better of these fighter in both MT and boxing where he holds a distinct advantage over Smith but Smith is way ahead of Drunk in BJJ and slightly better in Wrestling.  Drunk has 6 wins to his name with all coming from KO (X5) and TKO (X1). He even ended one fight by way of a superman punch! Drunk has excellent MT and has definitely the capability to knock any opponent out, he is very accurate and lethal with his fists and when he swings he doesn’t tend to miss.  He has great capacity to end fights early and all but one of his fights have ended in the first round. His 2 defeats have been to fighters that could soak up his hits with granite chins then hit back. Smith has had all his wins by way of TKO (X4) and KO (X1) he has been known to have a granite jaw so Drunk may be in trouble here!  Smith likes to fight on the ground so expect him to try to takedown Drunk then start to pound him into submission. Two very similar fighters with great stopping power but with Smiths ability to soak up punishment I would favour him slightly here.

Mathias Wendel                          Finnick Skywalker

Record 5-3-0 (W-L-D)                 Record 3-2-0 (W-L-D)

8b2.jpg          40w11.jpg

On paper both of these fighters are evenly matched across all the skills with Wendel very slightly better than Skywalker in boxing, but only slightly.  Wendel is coming into this fight off the back of two successful title attempts against current champ Tiago Alexandre, so that is no disgrace, he ran Alexandre to nearly three rounds the last fight so he learned from the past anyway.  All of his wins to date have been by KO - punch and two of his defeats have been by way of submission he throws a real haymaker and when they connect it is usually lights out for his opponents who tend to wake up usually two days after their fights wondering how they got to the hospital!  Wendel doesn’t miss with his punches so Skywalker you better be in tune with the Force to try to avoid them on Saturday, Funnily enough Skywalker has also just lost recently to Alexandre so maybe these two might swap war stories before the fight on Saturday to see if there is anyway to topple Alexandre from the top of the pile.  Skywalker also has the ability to floor opponents and is heavy handed. Skywalker tends to favour striking in the clinch and has been known to throw 201 punches in one of his last fights in the clinch with a hit rate of the 201 punches of 54% so not too shabby. Expect Wendel to want to stay at arm's length with Skywalker trying to clinch and pummel Wendel into oblivion.

Best of luck to all fighters and manager on Saturday

#85 Demo

Demo

White Belt

• Manager
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

1542056313JBL%209.jpg

Next JAG event takes place on the 16th November in Las Vegas with a full house of fights on the card.

Top of the billing goes to Peralta V Top

Manu "Blessed" Peralta            Thip Top

Record 3-2-0 (W-L-D)                Record 4-0-0 (W-L-D)

39w24.jpg           33w7.jpg

Two reasonably experienced fighters take to the cage to try to beat each other into a bloody pulp with Peralta being the slightly more experienced and heavier fighter on Saturday.  Top has four wins to his name and is an exceptional MT fighter having taken Micheals out in his last fight with a head kick! He is also better at boxing but Peralta is the much better in BJJ so is likely to try and use this to his advantage.  Two of Peralta’s three wins have been by way of submission with one TKO for a bit of variety in his debut fight. He is well able to take a punch and will have to do so at the weekend when it’s likely that Top will come at him with fists and legs flying!  Peralta beat the much fancied Stoichkov who was 6 fights unbeaten before their fight so his confidence should be high for this fight. Top has the advantage in standup between these two so expect him to want to keep the fight from hitting the floor. Kinda fancy Top slightly in this fight.

Next up is Jones V Steel

Jim "Don’t Drink The Juice" Jones        Jack Steel "Hammer"

Record 2-0-0 (W-L-D                             Record 1-0-0 (W-L-D)

7w13.jpg                       1w26.jpg

Two new additions to the JAG stable take to the cage in this fight with both fighters looking pretty even on paper.  Jones has 2 wins to his name and both have been ridiculously quick ending in 5 seconds and 35 seconds with the biggest injury risk to Jones occurring when he slipped on some water in the ring from his corner rather than from his opponents!  Jones is a fast powerful KO machine so the Hammer better be ready! Steel is no slouch if his debut fight is anything to go by, he won by way of decision but how the fight lasted I don’t know unless he punches like a baby as he threw a total of over 200 punches with fantastic hit rate of 58% landing so his opponent soaked up the punches and stayed standing but due to the massive amount of hits landed the Hammer won easily on a points decision.  He has a granite chin himself so this fight could be an absolute beut between two very good boxers.

Johnny Swagger                         Leonardo "Leo" Yoshi

Record 3-1-0 (W-L-D)                Record 3-0-0 (W-L-D

18w6.jpg            42b28.jpg

Two more JAG “Noobs” fighting in the cage for this bout but both with some fighting experience outside of JAG.  Swagger is a wonderful boxer and really outshine Yoshi in this department however Yoshi is the better MT and BJJ fighter for this one.  Given Swaggers obvious talent in boxing and his street smarts it’s not surprising that he favours stand up fighting and I wouldn’t expect this to change for this fight.  His punch accuracy is second to none with a near 90% hit rate on his punches so Yoshi better be ready to get hit! All three of Yoshi’s wins have been by way of submission to date so expect the exact opposite of what Swagger will be trying to do with Yoshi trying to get to the floor to use his considerable advantage on the canvas.  Yoshi is well able to take a punch so unless Swagger can put him on his ass quickly Yoshi might get the upper hand in this fight. Yoshi won his last fight in less than a minute when he tried to snap his opponents leg in half when dropping onto him.

Best of luck to all the fighters and managers taking part and in particular to the new arrivals to the JAG stable.  It’s great to see so many new fighters taking part in this event and I can’t wait to preview some of your future fights.  You have joined a progressive, active and great org which is going to achieve some great things with all of your help.

If you like this post please up

Fight hard and Fight well and you will get your title shot!

Setanta King (123512)

#86 jjsquirrel

jjsquirrel

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

15265777823149.jpg

Slammy Neckbreaker: I had two good rounds and was winning against a very tough opponent. He was trying to grab for my arms and neck all the time from the bottom but really had nothing and was starting to look worn down.. I was going to finish this. Then, damn those little pencil arms, he somehow snuck one in around my neck. It was like being choked by a piece of spaghetti, but he managed it somehow. It was a good fight, and I will work more BJJ into my training schedule from now on.

#87 aylib

aylib

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

14736963834875.png

Ian Laperierre: "Unfinished business no more."

20180511221128JBL-ChampBelt.jpg

#88 YungGreazy

YungGreazy

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

Nice touch, adding the belt at the end.

#89 aylib

aylib

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

14736963834875.png

Ian Leperierre: "I like to grab coffee each morning before heading to the gym, and while I wait for my cheese omelette with salsa and avocados (Swiss is my favorite, although Muenster is a close second), I spend the time reading local newspaper. It's been fascinating witnessing all these police reports of clinch-raping that seem to be piling up--they talk of some perv who the media now calls the Master Bater. Apparently this sicko enjoys molesting unsuspecting rave-goers and grope and fondle their private parts while grabbing them and holding them up close. I am utterly disgusted by this creep and I began frequenting all these seedy underground warehouses in the hopes of running into this clinch rapist. With me, I carry a backpack with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch

I am sure he reads newspapers, as sociopaths like him adore the spotlight, and I am certain he is hoping for his 15 minutes of fame.
Well, if you are reading this--unless I curb stomp you at one of these MDMA-gobblin, groin-grabbin debaucheries first, lets meet in the ring. I'll keep my belt and take your side piece. How bout it?"

20180511221128JBL-ChampBelt.jpg

#90 YungGreazy

YungGreazy

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 137 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:10 AM

Lol...omg. Good stuff. Like, wow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users